All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read it is context farouk. If the goodness of God resulted in an irresistible lead to repentance, explain the hard hearts of those who don't? It is called free will.

4 Or do you despise the riches of His goodness, forbearance, and longsuffering, not knowing that the goodness of God leads you to repentance? 5 But in accordance with your hardness and your impenitent heart you are treasuring up for yourself wrath in the day of wrath and revelation of the righteous judgment of God, 6 who “will render to each one according to his deeds”: 7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath, 9 tribulation and anguish, on every soul of man who does evil, of the Jew first and also of the Greek; 10 but glory, honor, and peace to everyone who works what is good, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. 11 For there is no partiality with God.

I know you believe the TULIP philosophy, and that is what it is - man made philosophy, not holy doctrine. Do you really think God wants a bunch of puppets? Why did some of the angels fall? FREE WILL. God wants those who love Him because they want to, not because they are made to.

Good night, good buddy!

We're not talking about puppets. We are talking about sinners being dead in sin. Nekros is the Greek word used for 'dead' in Ephesians 2. It means a literally dead corpse. Their spirits are dead corpses inside them in their fallen state. All they have is the flesh and that loathes God. Even after salvation, the flesh hates God.

Reactions: Kermos

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Peter told them to REPENT and they SHALL RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT. Which came first? Acts 2:38

Throw out everything you've learned from man, and just read the Word of God.

OrdoSalutis_Large.jpg

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Noooo. Would have loved to sat with him and gleaned from him. It would have been an honor to set under his teachings.
He was quite elderly; I think quite a few young people appreciated his clear ministry. When ppl have a way of expressing Scriptural thinking clearly and succinctly, this is likely to have a good reception.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He was quite elderly; I think quite a few young people appreciated his clear ministry. When ppl have a way of expressing Scriptural thinking clearly and succinctly, this is likely to have a good reception.

Yes, his messages were very clear. Though he has gone on to a better day, we still have his sermons online to cherish and listen to.

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, his messages were very clear. Though he has gone on to a better day, we still have his sermons online to cherish and listen to.
R C Sproul and Martyn Lloyd-Jones are two of my favorite preachers/theologians of all times. The latter is underrated or at the least not as well known, but should be.

They both definitely bring sheep food, goats won't feed long on their words but will spit it out. Lloyd-Jones sermons are so concise, pithy, and exegetical his books follow them almost word for word. One can listen to his sermons on Romans, which is quite long, and would be listening to him basically reading his commentary, and it is in no way boring.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
If the goodness of God resulted in an irresistible lead to repentance, explain the hard hearts of those who don't? It is called free will.
ty. and ntmy, Mark here
7 eternal life to those who by patient continuance in doing good seek for glory, honor, and immortality; 8 but to those who are self-seeking and do not obey the truth, but obey unrighteousness—indignation and wrath
ha, and right into another one imo. I can just hear believers putting that robe back on as we speak even lol.

didnt get quite clear on if you are FCL or just her um ghost
Throw out everything you've learned from man, and just read the Word of God.
ha, a little joke there,
when you see it i guess
:)

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Actually, they happen together. There is the birth of the Spirit which brings with Him the gifts of faith and repentance. After the new birth, the Holy Spirit is given.
sound like your quoting an assembly manual bro lol. "birth of the spirit, check," ...
But all this happens simultaneously.
ok bro, dont fergot what also happens simulataneously ok. You talkin before Luby's or after there lol

Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when you have succeeded, you make them twice as much a child of hell as you are.

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.[Acts of the Apostles 5:31]
Acts 5:31 Lexicon: "He is the one whom God exalted to His right hand as a Prince and a Savior, to grant repentance to Israel, and forgiveness of sins.
didomi, hmm.
so i wouldnt be writing that in stone like that other stuff ok brah.
some Acter went like waaay out of their way to express something other than what we are reading there i bet. I would be contemplating this didomi here and deciding myself, i tell you what. Prolly wont end up at

Id maybe excuse that witness for now and see if you can call another one k, one more, since two disagree then you prolly need three right, where two or three are, all three s'poseta line up right, lets see maybe. Dang starting all by itself now ok lol
so anyway can you Quote a Witness, ty
prolly not gonna end up @ charis o my like you might like k
Romans 5:16 Lexicon: The gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification.
Repentance is the very gift of God.
"very"

Last edited:
B

brakelite

But how can slaves to sin choose? The lost are enslaved to sin and Satan. Only the Christ can make a slave free.[John 8:31-36] If the were slaves, they need to be freed from their slavery. Only the Christ can set them free.
I agree with the above. But even slaves can want to be free. Cannot God respond to such a desire? A desire to be free from sin, hopelessness, and despair. You make it sound like everyone loves sin, and has no desire to be free. That is not the case. Particularly after hearing the good news that it is possible in Christ to be free.