All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you think I am lost?
If this isn't asked in fleshly pride, like "How dare YOU assert that I could be lost?????" it may serve you well to examine your life, your teaching in light of contextual Scripture.

Hopefully you were not asking this rhetorical question (which shouldn't be) in the above attitude.

Yet given your hatred for many on here, especially the Reformed, your insulting language, name-calling, telling them they're the "dead church" and your rejection of sound doctrinal truth, contextual Scripture, it is not out of the question that your attitude was just that.

So don't be so surprised that when you behave this way that people would question you, such as @Kermos and also myself at this point, especially with your behavior and error. You're not above examination, and none are. Balking at being questioned may be telltale.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If this isn't asked in fleshly pride, like "How dare YOU assert that I could be lost?????" it may serve you well to examine your life, your teaching in light of contextual Scripture.

Hopefully you were not asking this rhetorical question (which shouldn't be) in the above attitude.

Yet given your hatred for many on here, especially the Reformed, your insulting language, name-calling, telling them they're the "dead church" and your rejection of sound doctrinal truth, contextual Scripture, it is not out of the question that your attitude was just that.

So don't be so surprised that when you behave this way that people would question you, such as @Kermos and also myself at this point, especially with your behavior and error. You're not above examination, and none are. Balking at being questioned may be telltale.

Well, I certainly question you

Reactions: Nancy

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is not God that condemns me, but you @Preacher4Truth and @SovereignGrace
Where did I condemn you? I asked you when was the last time you sinned(under your 1CL username) and you said 1977. When I mentioned to another member you lived sinless, you said you sinned but not willfully sinned. I didn’t ask you when was the last time you willfully sinned, but when was the last time you sinned, when you said 1977. So, I took it you thought you were sinless since then.

Now, I have been pressing you to explain to me the difference in sinning and willfully sinning. But I’ve not condemned you. That’s not my job. But I would like to know what makes one sin just a sin and another sin a willful sin. What makes them different?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where did I condemn you? I asked you when was the last time you sinned(under your 1CL username) and you said 1977. When I mentioned to another member you lived sinless, you said you sinned but not willfully sinned. I didn’t ask you when was the last time you willfully sinned, but when was the last time you sinned, when you said 1977. So, I took it you thought you were sinless since then.

Now, I have been pressing you to explain to me the difference in sinning and willfully sinning. But I’ve not condemned you. That’s not my job. But I would like to know what makes one sin just a sin and another sin a willful sin. What makes them different?

You "liked" Kermos when he condemned me. Same difference. Like Saul holding the coats of those stoning Stephen.

Ask yourself, when Jesus "frees" us, what are we being freed from? The law in order to keep sinning, or from sinning against God? You three ridicule me for believing Jesus over your false teachers. If you want to keep calling yourself a sinner, have at it. Jesus calls me a daughter of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You "liked" Kermos when he condemned me. Same difference. Like Saul holding the coats of those stoning Stephen.

Ask yourself, when Jesus "frees" us, what are we being freed from? The law in order to keep sinning, or from sinning against God? You three ridicule me for believing Jesus over your false teachers. If you want to keep calling yourself a sinner, have at it. Jesus calls me a daughter of God.

Again, I ask you, what is the difference in a sin and a willful sin? You say you sin, so that makes you a sinner. You're no better off than those of us who claim to be sinners saved by grace. You put makeup on a pig and its still a pig. And NO, I am not calling you a pig, either. I am a child of God, but that does not mean I am not still sinning. It means that sanctification is still an ongoing process in my life. Apparently, you are already fully sanctified.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again, I ask you, what is the difference in a sin and a willful sin? You say you sin, so that makes you a sinner. You're no better off than those of us who claim to be sinners saved by grace. You put makeup on a pig and its still a pig. And NO, I am not calling you a pig, either. I am a child of God, but that does not mean I am not still sinning. It means that sanctification is still an ongoing process in my life. Apparently, you are already fully sanctified.

Did you know that in the Old Testament there were no sacrifices that would cover the sin of breaking any of the Ten Commandments? They killed them, thus sins unto death. 1 John 3:4 calls them lawlessness, or against the law. Because those laws are written on our heart, you can never say I didn't know murder was a sin, or stealing was a sin, etc. So if you committed murder it was a willful sin done in rebellion against God's law, and thus against Him. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse a murderer of his past life of crime, that not even the blood of bulls and goats would cover.

There is another type of sin that you are capable of committing even while walking in the Spirit. They are called trespasses. Leviticus 5:15 tells us that trespasses are unwittingly committed. These, I believe, are what are called sins not unto death. And as in the Lord's Prayer, we can ask forgiveness of trespasses, as long as we are forgiving each other their trespasses against us. We may not even know we've committed any, as they are not written, but slights or hurt feelings. But we must always be ready to forgive others when they've hurt us, so that any such sins we unwittingly commit can be automatically cleansed buy the blood of Jesus and forgiven us by the Father. 1 John 1:7. In the Old Testament there was a sacrifice for unintentional sins. And after it is recorded an instance where a man committed a sin against one of the Commandments. Of course, there was no sacrifice for him, they stoned him to death. Numbers 15:22-36

100 sins unto death when we come to Christ and repent and are cleansed = 0 sins remaining
100 trespasses unwittingly committed while walking in the Spirit, and the blood of Jesus automatically cleansing them = 0 sins remaining

0 + 0 = 0 sins against me. I am a daughter of God.

John 8:36 therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
Romans 6:2 you are dead to sin.
Romans 8:9 you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death.
1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Where we differ is scripture says when we come to Christ our PAST sins are cleansed completely, making us spotless. 2 Peter 1:9. Then Jesus makes us born again of the Spirit, and empowered to not willfully sin against the moral laws on our hearts, and urges us to walk in the Spirit. That you can do continuously. On the other hand Reformationists like Luther say we never change, we will sin till we die, and you believe it. Jesus says the opposite. Who are you going to believe? I know who my Master is, and I believe Him.

I don't know where the idea came from that sanctification is a process, anymore than justification is a process. They happen at the same time back to back. That is not to say there isn't a maturing "process" of becoming more and more like Christ and for me that process is called glorification - becoming worthy of the name, child of God. I first came to this realization when I saw in scripture that the word sanctified was used in the past tense, so brought it before the Lord. That's when it went from the defeatist life-long process of trying to overcome sin, when it was dealt with back at justification. I don't live in the roller-coaster ride of Romans 7, that Reformationists and others believe is Paul's life as a Christian, as if he was not born again of the Spirit himself. The lesson thus far from Romans 1 through 7 is about not being under the law. Romans 7 tells us what it was that kept us from keeping the law, and that was called our sin nature. Romans 6 and 8 show that we are NOT UNDER THE LAW, we are dead to sin, because of the introduction of the SPIRIT.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Last edited:

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady you said this...

CharismaticLady said:
Did you know that in the Old Testament there were no sacrifices that would cover the sin of breaking any of the Ten Commandments? They killed them, thus sins unto death.

Here is one of the Ten Commandments...Thou shalt not commit adultery

Why was King David not killed after he laid with Bathsheba?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CharismaticLady said:
Did you know that in the Old Testament there were no sacrifices that would cover the sin of breaking any of the Ten Commandments? They killed them, thus sins unto death.

Thou shalt have no other gods before Me. Why was King Solomon not killed when he worship idols with his wives?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
CharismaticLady said:

Thou shalt not kill. Why wasn't King David killed when he was complicit in Uriah's murder?

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady you STILL haven't answered this...

What is the difference in sin and willful sin? Please answer this. Thanks in advance.

Roll up a few to my big post to you. Try around #608. Depending on if someone is on ignore the numbers sometimes don't match up, but close to that area. Good night. I've been adding to it, but can't think of anything else.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did perform a sacrifice either, because it wouldn't have done any good. God killed the baby, sometimes a worse punishment.

Now you're backpedaling. You said they were killed. Not someone in their place. Why wasn't King David killed for murdering Uriah and sleeping with Bathsheba? You said these were sins unto death, yet King David wasn't killed for committing both murder and adultery.

Why wasn't he killed for breaking the Laws of God?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They did perform a sacrifice either, because it wouldn't have done any good. God killed the baby, sometimes a worse punishment.

Nope. You said this...

CharismaticLady said:

You can't backpedal and say the baby died in King David's place when you said "They killed THEM". You're moving the goalposts here.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Now you're backpedaling. You said they were killed. Not someone in their place. Why wasn't King David killed for murdering Uriah and sleeping with Bathsheba? You said these were sins unto death, yet King David wasn't killed for committing both murder and adultery.

Why wasn't he killed for breaking the Laws of God?

Why aren't we killed? It is puzzling, for sure, but as I said, the baby died. David truly repented, and evidently God honored it because of his heart.

The corporal punishment doesn't seem to go beyond the wilderness. It certainly isn't now, and I expect it wasn't in David's day either.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why aren't we killed? It is puzzling, for sure, but as I said, the baby died. David truly repented, and evidently God honored it because of his heart.

The corporal punishment doesn't seem to go beyond the wilderness. It certainly isn't now, and I expect it wasn't in David's day either.

Wait, you were emphatic that there was no forgiveness if someone broke one(or more) of the Ten Commandments. When I exposed this as being false, now you're moving the goalposts on me.

Leave the baby out of this. This is not what you said. You said THEY were killed, not someone else. I know exactly why King David was not killed.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You mean my typo? "They didn't perform a sacrifice either"

No my friend. I am just trying to show you your error when you said they were killed when they broke one(or more) of the Ten Commandments. Yes, some were killed for doing it. Yet, some weren't.

Why were some spared and others killed?

Reactions: Kermos