All the ELECT please stand up

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady I am honestly not trying to be snarky with you, and please accept my apology if my posts come off like that.

I am trying to show you you are not thinking your theology all the way through. But I don't mean to be snarky.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wait, you were emphatic that there was no forgiveness if someone broke one(or more) of the Ten Commandments. When I exposed this as being false, now you're moving the goalposts on me.

Leave the baby out of this. This is not what you said. You said THEY were killed, not someone else. I know exactly why King David was not killed.

It has been a puzzle, but as I said it seems that it was for while they were in the wilderness and learning the ways of a holy God. Why do you believe David was not killed. One thing I never understood is concubines.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been a puzzle, but as I said it seems that it was for while they were in the wilderness and learning the ways of a holy God. Why do you believe David was not killed. One thing I never understood is concubines.

Nathan tells King David this "The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die."[2 Samuel 12:13b] We know that no sin goes unpunished. It will either be punished in the sinner or the Sinbearer. King David's sins were placed upon the Christ, and He atoned for them at the cross. That is why David didn't die.

I don't know much about concubines, either. You'll have to ask someone else.

Reactions: brakelite

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nathan tells King David this "The LORD also has taken away your sin; you shall not die."[2 Samuel 12:13b] We know that no sin goes unpunished. It will either be punished in the sinner or the Sinbearer. King David's sins were placed upon the Christ, and He atoned for them at the cross. That is why David didn't die.

I don't know much about concubines, either. You'll have to ask someone else.

That's one way to look at it, though scripture doesn't say. But the baby did die.

I really need to head to bed. Good night. Did you read my long post to you that answered your questions on the difference types of sin?

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did you know that in the Old Testament there were no sacrifices that would cover the sin of breaking any of the Ten Commandments? They killed them, thus sins unto death. 1 John 3:4 calls them lawlessness, or against the law. Because those laws are written on our heart, you can never say I didn't know murder was a sin, or stealing was a sin, etc. So if you committed murder it was a willful sin done in rebellion against God's law, and thus against Him. Only the blood of Jesus can cleanse a murderer of his past life of crime, that not even the blood of bulls and goats would cover.

Yet, I just showed you that David and Solomon broke the Law and they were not killed. So, you can't just broadbrush everyone under that statement "They killed them, thus sins unto death."

There is another type of sin that you are capable of committing even while walking in the Spirit. They are called trespasses. Leviticus 5:15 tells us that trespasses are unwittingly committed. These, I believe, are what are called sins not unto death. And as in the Lord's Prayer, we can ask forgiveness of trespasses, as long as we are forgiving each other their trespasses against us. We may not even know we've committed any, as they are not written, but slights or hurt feelings. But we must always be ready to forgive others when they've hurt us, so that any such sins we unwittingly commit can be automatically cleansed buy the blood of Jesus and forgiven us by the Father. 1 John 1:7. In the Old Testament there was a sacrifice for unintentional sins. And after it is recorded an instance where a man committed a sin against one of the Commandments. Of course, there was no sacrifice for him, they stoned him to death. Numbers 15:22-36

Yes, some were killed. Yet others weren't. God's elect have always been the vessels of mercy, and He shows them His mercy.[Romans 9:23] He has mercy on whom He desires, and hardens those He desires.[Romans 9:18]

100 sins unto death when we come to Christ and repent and are cleansed = 0 sins remaining
100 trespasses unwittingly committed while walking in the Spirit, and the blood of Jesus automatically cleansing them = 0 sins remaining

0 + 0 = 0 sins against me. I am a daughter of God.

I can not make heads or tails of this. You need to expound please.

John 8:36 therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.
Romans 6:2 you are dead to sin.
Romans 8:9 you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit.
Romans 8:2 the law of the Spirit of life in Christ has freed me from the law of sin and death.
1 John 3:9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

Yes, we have been set free from the law of sin and death.[Romans 8:2] Romans 6:2, Romans 8:2, & Romans 8:9 does not mean we are no longer able to sin. We have the flesh that we live in and have to contend with it every day. Apostle Paul showed his struggles with sin in Romans 7:14-25. That was not a lost man, but him explaining his struggles with sin.

Where we differ is scripture says when we come to Christ our PAST sins are cleansed completely, making us spotless. 2 Peter 1:9. Then Jesus makes us born again of the Spirit, and empowered to not willfully sin against the moral laws on our hearts, and urges us to walk in the Spirit. That you can do continuously. On the other hand Reformationists like Luther say we never change, we will sin till we die, and you believe it. Jesus says the opposite. Who are you going to believe? I know who my Master is, and I believe Him.

Again, no one unwillfully sins my friend. There are no unwillful sins. Every sin we commit, we commit freely, w/o coercion.

I don't know where the idea came from that sanctification is a process, anymore than justification is a process. They happen at the same time back to back. That is not to say there isn't a maturing "process" of becoming more and more like Christ and for me that process is called glorification - becoming worthy of the name, child of God. I first came to this realization when I saw in scripture that the word sanctified was used in the past tense, so brought it before the Lord. That's when it went from the defeatist life-long process of trying to overcome sin, when it was dealt with back at justification. I don't live in the roller-coaster ride of Romans 7, that Reformationists and others believe is Paul's life as a Christian, as if he was not born again of the Spirit himself. The lesson thus far from Romans 1 through 7 is about not being under the law. Romans 7 tells us what it was that kept us from keeping the law, and that was called our sin nature. Romans 6 and 8 show that we are NOT UNDER THE LAW, we are dead to sin, because of the introduction of the SPIRIT.

Sanctification is a process. We are being molded more and more into the image of the Christ every day. That was what Jeremiah saw as the potter was molding the clay.[Jeremiah 18] We are clay in the Father's hands.

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh, 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit. 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit. 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. 7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God; for it is not subject to the law of God, nor indeed can be. 8 So then, those who are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But you are not in the flesh but in the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, he is not His.

Amen! However, that does not mean we don't freely sin. That does not mean we do not commit unwillful sins. You are stretching Romans 8 past it meaning. There is therefore now no condemnation means we are justified, declared righteous before God by the imputed righteousness of the Christ. We stand before Him as if we have never committed a single sin. Now, that does not mean we do not sin now. It means God sees us, not as ourselves, but as His Son, as we are in Him.

SovereignGrace

Certified Flunky
Feb 15, 2019
Crum, WVa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CharismaticLady you said this...

CharasmaticLady said:
I don't know where the idea came from that sanctification is a process, anymore than justification is a process.

You have to differentiate the two. Justification is being declared righteous before the Father by the imputed righteousness of the Christ. If we live 150 years after being justified, we are no more justified then as we were at the point justification took place.

But sanctification is being made more and more into the image of the Christ. If this is not a process, then we would not have to grow in faith and knowledge. We would not have to be made more and more into the image of the Christ. We are new born babes in Christ when we are saved, and have to grow, just like real babies do. :)

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, [even] to those who believe in His name, who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God."
(John 1:12-13)

Well, Enoch111, that not by the will of man, nope. That's the Apostle John writing that it's by the will of God. You are in error.

Your argument of "Every sinner comes to the Savior by an act of will" (this appears to be you expousing your heretical belief of free will) is put to shame with these statements of the Lord Jesus Christ:

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you"
(John 15:16)

"Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit."
(John 3:5-6)

"This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent."
(John 6:29)

"But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God."
(John 3:21)

This is Christian Truth, Enoch111, for Jesus Christ is the "Christ" in Christian. You try to call it Calvinist, but, in truth, I proclaim Christian Truth to you (John 14:6).

By the way, Enoch111, in Acts 2:37 "they were pierced to the heart" indicates God working in them! I realize that you used "pricked", but "pierced" is more accurate.

You conflate fruit with response. The righteousness in me is the Spirit of God; on the other hand, you claim the righteousness in you is your free will. Free will is death because the free will doctrine glorifies man which is an attempt to STEAL GOD'S GLORY!

And, @Nancy, since you "like" Enoch111's post about heresy, then both you and Enoch111 are in dire trouble!

Hear the Word of God cited above!

By God's grace, God chose me, and all glory goes to God for this blessed work of God's!!!

These remain true, accurate, legitimate, legal, and Godly:

- "The Righteous Sovereignty Of God Post" (in this thread)

- "The Audience Of Lord Jesus For John 14:16 And John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "Matthias And Joseph In Exhibit 7 With The Lord Jesus And The Apostles 'All the Time' Post" (in this thread)

- "The Logic Statement (IF/THEN) Eliminating Any Question Of The Audience For The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 Being All Disciples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "The Repentance Is From God Not Conjured Up In Man By Man Post" (in this thread)

- "The Biblical Definition of Disciple Includes More People Than The 12 Apostles Post" (in this thread)

The Wonderful Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), and Jesus, Who is Lord, says "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever" (John 14:16), and Jesus, my Lord and my God, speaks these things to all His sheep of all time, and He has chosen we believers and He has given us believers the Holy Spirit!
No matter how many times these are shown they are not born (contextually saved) by their will, they'll go right back and deny this truth and say "Oh yes I was!" Scripture on the other hand flat out denies this. Bottom line? They trust more in the idol of self, even if it's in the lie that they willed their salvation, rather than in the GOD who willed and elected based on his purpose.

They trust self, not God in this very thing.

Reactions: SovereignGrace

CNKW3

May 7, 2019
Southeast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@CNKW3 Has GOT to be hating him some Abram then, since he was elected as an individual, and is a pattern of all those who are of faith! There are more of these incidents in Scripture but I'm not surprised carnal men hate this.
Why was Abraham a man of faith? Why was he “chosen”?
Genesis 26:4-5 And I will make thy seed to multiply as the stars of heaven, and will give unto thy seed all these countries; and in thy seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; Because that Abraham obeyed my voice, and kept my charge, my commandments, my statutes, and my laws.
We are to do the same...to walk after the faith of faithful Abraham.
The difference is...
YOU DONT..obey his voice, keep his charge, commandments, statutes, and laws. You actually teach that anyone who does is a LEGALIST. Was Abraham a legalist? You bet he was.

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You "liked" Kermos when he condemned me. Same difference. Like Saul holding the coats of those stoning Stephen.

...snip
Hello @CharismaticLady,

You deny the Word of God for Lord Jesus is the Word, and the Word unambiguosly states "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

You claim that by your free will you accomplished the very opposite of the Word's indisputable declaration of man's inability to choose Jesus.

Thus, I assert that your claim, but definition, denies the Word.

The Apostle John clearly states born not of the will of man, but of God (John 1:12-13).

A daughter of God DOES NOT FLAGRANTLY CLAIM ABILITY THAT SHE DOES NOT TRULY POSSESS!

A daughter of God is humble, and she acknowledges the Author and Perfector of her salvation with joy and love!

@Nancy, since you "like" CharismaticLady's post, this goes for you as well.

No, @SovereignGrace is not like Saul holding the coats nor are you like Stephen being stoned! SovereignGrace proclaims something very precious to you, and that preciousness is the centrality of Christ Jesus in repentance, salvation, and sanctification.

By God's grace, for God's glory,
Kermos

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
...the Word unambiguosly states "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).
While those are the exact recorded words of Christ, Christians must rightly divide the Word of Truth by comparing Scripture with Scripture.

The immediate context is below, but the larger context is John chapters 13-18. This was the Last Supper and all that Christ said between the Last Supper and the Garden of Gethsemane. The words were primarily addressed to the eleven apostles, and by extension to all Christians. But We need to see what was applicable to the apostles, and how it applies to Christians.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and
that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

The four Gospels show us that the Lord Jesus Christ specifically chose his twelve disciples who later became eleven apostles, to send them forth with the Great Commission. But Judas, the Son of Perdition, a "devil" or demon, who was also possessed by Satan for a while, was not chosen for that ministry.

This choosing of the twelve was not for salvation (which would have meant that Judas too was saved through that choosing). The choosing of the eleven apostles was for their work as apostles after the ascension of Christ. They were commissioned to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature (Acts 1:8). They also received the spiritual gift of apostle, and apostolic authority in the churches.

The choosing of Judas was to fulfil the prophecies regarding the betrayal of Christ, followed by His crucifixion. Jesus knew from day one that Judas was not a true disciple, and definitely not fit to be an apostle. So if anyone would take John 15:16 as applicable to Unconditional Election, it would be contradicting Scripture (since God chooses none for salvation) and also misapplying Scripture (which is primarily to tell us that we all must labor in the Kingdom of God). Yet Calvinists persist in using this as one of their *proof-texts* for Unconditional Election (as Kermos has done above).

At the same time John 15:14-16 can be extended to apply to Christians AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN SAVED. We are children of God and both servants of Christ and friends of Christ. We have all been chosen to be perfected in Christ, and also chosen (or ordained) unto good works, which should bear fruit. Every Christian receives at least one spiritual gift, and all Christians are to share the Gospel and be witnesses for Christ, and bear various kinds of spiritual fruits.

Reactions: CharismaticLady

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While those are the exact recorded words of Christ, Christians must rightly divide the Word of Truth by comparing Scripture with Scripture.

The immediate context is below, but the larger context is John chapters 13-18. This was the Last Supper and all that Christ said between the Last Supper and the Garden of Gethsemane. The words were primarily addressed to the eleven apostles, and by extension to all Christians. But We need to see what was applicable to the apostles, and how it applies to Christians.

14 Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
16 Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and
that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

The four Gospels show us that the Lord Jesus Christ specifically chose his twelve disciples who later became eleven apostles, to send them forth with the Great Commission. But Judas, the Son of Perdition, a "devil" or demon, who was also possessed by Satan for a while, was not chosen for that ministry.

This choosing of the twelve was not for salvation (which would have meant that Judas too was saved through that choosing). The choosing of the eleven apostles was for their work as apostles after the ascension of Christ. They were commissioned to go into all the world and preach the Gospel to every creature (Acts 1:8). They also received the spiritual gift of apostle, and apostolic authority in the churches.

The choosing of Judas was to fulfil the prophecies regarding the betrayal of Christ, followed by His crucifixion. Jesus knew from day one that Judas was not a true disciple, and definitely not fit to be an apostle. So if anyone would take John 15:16 as applicable to Unconditional Election, it would be contradicting Scripture (since God chooses none for salvation) and also misapplying Scripture (which is primarily to tell us that we all must labor in the Kingdom of God). Yet Calvinists persist in using this as one of their *proof-texts* for Unconditional Election (as Kermos has done above).

At the same time John 15:14-16 can be extended to apply to Christians AFTER THEY HAVE BEEN SAVED. We are children of God and both servants of Christ and friends of Christ. We have all been chosen to be perfected in Christ, and also chosen (or ordained) unto good works, which should bear fruit. Every Christian receives at least one spiritual gift, and all Christians are to share the Gospel and be witnesses for Christ, and bear various kinds of spiritual fruits.
Rightly dividing scripture is crucial! I agree. I read your entire post, Enoch111, so I hope you extend the same courtesy.

[First of 5] Within the self-same passage that includes John 15:16, Lord Jesus contrasts believers (disciples) and the lost (world), and it is in this passage that Lord Jesus states:

"I chose you out of the world"
(John 15:19)

Remaining with the first point, this is certainly talking about salvation, and this declaration of the Sovereignty of God harkens right back to John 15:16 when King Jesus said:

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you"
(John 15:16)

Behold, Lord Jesus said "I chose you" in John 15:16 and "I chose you" in John 15:19. God chooses people unto salvation, and God does not stop there - for there are good works (discussed in the fourht point)!

[Second of 5] Judas left the supper previous to John chapter 15 as recorded in John 13:30.

[Third of 5] Lord Jesus' words are addressed and applicable to all disciples of Friend Jesus in all time. Lord Jesus explains this in His prayer recorded in John 17:20, and the Apostle John explains this in John 20:30-31. The Apostle John included that which we call John chapters 13-17 so that believers believe!

[Fourth of 5] Prior to John 15:16, Lord Jesus revealed relationships when He talked about the vine, the vinedresser, and the branches. I do not want to summarize, so I include the passage:

1 "I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser.
2 "Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every [branch] that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit.
3 "You are already clean because of the word which I have spoken to you.
4 "Abide in Me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself unless it abides in the vine, so neither [can] you unless you abide in Me.
5 "I am the vine, you are the branches; he who abides in Me and I in him, he bears much fruit, for apart from Me you can do nothing.
6 "If anyone does not abide in Me, he is thrown away as a branch and dries up; and they gather them, and cast them into the fire and they are burned.
7 "If you abide in Me, and My words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.
8 "My Father is glorified by this, that you bear much fruit, and [so] prove to be My disciples.

Remaining with the fourth point, at the conclusion of verse 5, Lord Jesus said "apart from Me you can do nothing". A series of questions/answers with Bible citations provides clarity:

Can a person cause the new birth? No, it is the Holy Spirit (John 3:3-6).

Does a person willfully cause faith/belief in God within said person? No, it is a work of God (John 6:29, Ephesians 2:8-10, John 1:12-13).

Can a person bring on repentance? No, God brings on repentance (2 Corinthians 7:10).

Is a person good? No, God alone is good (Mark 10:18).

Then, what about good works? Any good a believer performs is fruit of the Spirit - for any good works of a person are attributable to God (John 3:21, Galations 5:22-23). Good works are accomplished by God in the Creators vessels of mercy. Only believers can do good works because good works are fruit of the Spirit; on the other hand, unbelievers can not do good works because unbelievers do not have the Holy Spirit (however, God can use unbelievers to accomplish things).

See how apart from God a person can do nothing (John 15:5).

[Fifth of 5] @Enoch111 and @CharismaticLady, trying to isolate meaning to merely the 11 or 12 Aposstles within John chapters 13-17 is an attempt to rob the richness of the words of Lord Jesus for all believers. Meditate upon the prayer recorded by the Apostle John (John 17:1-26). Hear the words of Lord Jesus in John 15:1-8.

The enormous two fold error of Armenianists resides in (1) the deflation of the Sovereignty of God and (2) the introduction of the sovereignty of man a.k.a. the elevation of man to a god. I write this because God states God chooses who to save, but Armenianism states that man chooses to be saved.

I repeat, by the grace of God, I write and speak Christian Truth (John 14:6).

The teaching that you promote tries to make the person the author and perfector of faith, yet such a teaching is contrary to the scripture in context and scripture explicitly.

Lord Jesus is the Author and Perfector of the Faith (Hebrews 12:2) once given to the saints (Jude 1:3)!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of the two trains of thought and belief, lets pretend that only one of has the correct doctrine between yours and mine - positional righteousness vs. practicing righteousness.

If you are right, we will both be saved.
If I am right...

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Out of the two trains of thought and belief, lets pretend that only one of has the correct doctrine between yours and mine - positional righteousness vs. practicing righteousness.

If you are right, we will both be saved.
If I am right...
No, CharismaticLady, you are mistaken again. Not only do you put in your interpreative words that are not a part of scripture, but you also deny Jesus in your claim that you chose Jesus in direct oppostion to Lord Jesus when He said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

You disagree with the Apostle Paul who wrote, "He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

You see, CharismaticLady, you remain in error when you are faced with the Word of God!

Again in this thread, you skip right past posts that refute what the quote of your words at the top of this very post, so let me remind you.

You are wrong, and here are the posts:

- "The Audience Of Lord Jesus For John 14:16 And John 15:16 Are All Dicsiples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "Matthias And Joseph In Exhibit 7 With The Lord Jesus And The Apostles 'All the Time' Post" (in this thread)

- "The Logic Statement (IF/THEN) Eliminating Any Question Of The Audience For The Supper Recorded In John Chapters 13-17 Being All Disciples In All Time Post" (in this thread)

- "The Repentance Is From God Not Conjured Up In Man By Man Post" (in this thread)

- "The Biblical Definition of Disciple Includes More People Than The 12 Apostles Post" (in this thread)

- "The Audience, Salvation, And 'I chose you' Words of Lord Jesus In John 15:16 and John 15:19 Post" (in this thread)

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, CharismaticLady, you are mistaken again. Not only do you put in your interpreative words that are not a part of scripture, but you also deny Jesus in your claim that you chose Jesus in direct oppostion to Lord Jesus when He said "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16).

You disagree with the Apostle Paul who wrote, "He made Him who knew no sin [to be] sin on our behalf, so that we might become the righteousness of God in Him" (2 Corinthians 5:21).

You see, CharismaticLady, you remain in error when you are faced with the Word of God!

Again in this thread, you skip right past posts that refute what the quote of your words at the top of this very post, so let me remind you.

You are wrong, and here are the posts:

- "The Audience, Salvation, And 'I chose you' Words of Lord Jesus In John 15:16 and John 15:19 Post" (in this thread)

But if I'm wrong, I'll still be with you in heaven. But if I'm right, will you be there? I hope so.

We have assurance if we keep His commandments, and the proof is answered prayer. 100% of my prayers are positively answered. Are yours? 1 John 3:18-23

My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 19 And by this we know that we are of the truth, and shall assure our hearts before Him. 20 For if our heart condemns us, God is greater than our heart, and knows all things. 21 Beloved, if our heart does not condemn us, we have confidence toward God. 22 And whatever we ask we receive from Him, because we keep His commandments and do those things that are pleasing in His sight. 23 And this is His commandment: that we should believe on the name of His Son Jesus Christ and love one another, as He gave us commandment.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The teaching that you promote tries to make the person the author and perfector of faith, yet such a teaching is contrary to the scripture in context and scripture explicitly.
That is just plain nonsense coming from one who believes a perverted Gospel. How can it be Good News to declare that Christ died only for the elect and the rest of you are damned to Hell?

But I'm sure you would not honestly proclaim that if you had an audience of the lost. Which means that Calvinists cannot honestly proclaim their Gospel.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just plain nonsense coming from one who believes a perverted Gospel. How can it be Good News to declare that Christ died only for the elect and the rest of you are damned to Hell?

But I'm sure you would not honestly proclaim that if you had an audience of the lost. Which means that Calvinists cannot honestly proclaim their Gospel.
Because you do not understand it does not mean we cannot proclaim it.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Because you do not understand it does not mean we cannot proclaim it.
I believe I understand the true Gospel very well. In fact you (and others) have not been able to address the Scriptures which totally refute your gospel, which is "another gospel".

The funny thing is that the Reformers knew that the Catholic Church had a false gospel, and then they took Catholic Augustine's ideas and used them to create another false gospel. And they could not abandon infant baptism, even though the CC taught the false doctrine of baptismal regeneration. So they persecuted the Anabaptists. Amazing!

Kermos

Mar 18, 2019
United States
JesusDelivers.Faith
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is just plain nonsense coming from one who believes a perverted Gospel.
...snip
But if I'm wrong, I'll still be with you in heaven.
...snip
The Word of God exposes your error that you chose to believe in something other than Lord Jesus. Evidence and proofs: the links to this thread's posts that contain the Word of God exposing your error are included at the end of this post. Prior to the links are many priceless words of Lord Jesus Christ Who a person must believe on in order to be saved and Lord Jesus uses words to explain who He is.

"you did not choose Me, but I chose you" is the immutable Word of God (John 15:16).

Thus, the Word of God indisputably declares that:

1) people do not choose God unto salvation.

2) God chooses people unto salvation.

Each of you believes you are good enough to choose/accept/will God, yet:
- the Word of God decisievely declares that God alone is good (Matthew 19:17)
- the Word of God decisievely declares "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16)
- the Apostle John wrote born not of the will of man, rather born of God (John 1:12-13)

Each of you argued in direct oppositon to the Word of God in this thread. Your oppositon to the Word of God is equivalent to you denying before men Lord Jesus Christ's exclusive dominion over salvation. Dire trouble is the consequence for denying Lord Jesus.

Lord Jesus said:

"But whoever denies Me before men, I will also deny him before My Father who is in heaven."
(Matthew 10:33)

Damnation is the result of denying Jesus. Strong words. Love warns people who are walking into destruction. Armenianism doctrine leads to damnation for Armenianism denies God.

The Truth is we believers are cleansed by the Blood of the Lamb of God, the Blood shed on the cross by Jesus Christ, my Lord and my God (John 20:28)! We believers believe on the Lord Jesus Christ by the Power of God (John 6:29)! We believers have good works that are fruit of the Spirit of God (John 3:21)!

We children of God humbly with gratitude thank God for the Life giving work of God!

These posts of this thread remain true, accurate, legitimate, legal, and Godly:

The Wonderful Lord Jesus says "you did not choose Me, but I chose you" (John 15:16), and Jesus, Who is Lord, says "I will ask the Father, and He will give you another Helper, that He may be with you forever" (John 14:16), and Jesus, my Lord and my God, speaks these things to all His sheep of all time, and He has chosen we believers and He has given us believers the Holy Spirit!