All the fulness of Deity dwells in Him Bodily !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
No, the Father spoke THROUGH Jesus...

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

We are talking about the bit with Satan .. not sure what the relevance of the quote is to this ?

We are saying that Jesus is God .. and Satan knows this is God .. and the people writing at the time assuming that this is actually God talking to Satan .. Or do you suggest that God was playing a Trick on Satan .. as that is the only other option .. the Loki emanation coming out of the Godhead .. Splendid .. I like where you are going with this

So does Satan know this is God .. or does he not ? and if not .. who does Satan think this fellow is ? some random dude .. sent to him for testing .. ?

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to James 1:14, one is not tempted unless they have a specific desire to commit that sin.

In the wilderness, the devil played on Jesus' physical desire to eat and His human instinct for self-preservation; His desire to redeem the world (he offered Him a shortcut), and His desire to be received as Messiah, also that the world might be redeemed (offering Him a second shortcut).

These were real desires in Jesus' heart; thus the temptations were real also.

re #219, #220.

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have the Holy Ghost without measure?

Read the passage in question (Ephesians 3:19-20).

I don't think that I claim to be a recipient of that promise...but that it is in fact promised is very evident from the passage.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
According to James 1:14, one is not tempted unless they have a specific desire to commit that sin.

In the wilderness, the devil played on Jesus' physical desire to eat and His human instinct for self-preservation; His desire to redeem the world (he offered Him a shortcut), and His desire to be received as Messiah, also that the world might be redeemed (offering Him a second shortcut).

These were real desires in Jesus' heart; thus the temptations were real also.

re #219, #220.

Does the Satan of Mark know this is God .. or does he not ? and if not .. who does Satan think this fellow is ?
I doubt Satan thought it was some random dude .. sent to him for testing .. .. so who does Satan think Jesus is ?

Then .. tell me how Mark would answer this above- and the audience Marks gospel was intended for would answer.

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
false the Trinity is the One God(Being, Nature, Substance, Essence)and 3 in Persons.

in this case ignorance in not bliss on your part. you think you know but in reality you are clueless and just regurgitate what you have been told which is wrong. no Trinitarian Theologian agrees with you but they all are in agreement with me.

I'm friends with many of them who have written books on the Trinity and Deity of Christ. They would agree with everything I have stated in this thread.

next.......................

hope this helps !!!

That's a nice appeal to authority and popularity you got going on there ... what you don't have is a valid argument. Any joker can write a book ... and hundreds of millions of people agree with Trinity doctrine .. albeit the vast majority having no clue what it was .. including yourself .. at least not in any significant detail beyond reciting the standard narrative .. and you have not even been that good at that.

When your buddies show up in the Journal of Hebrew Scriptures .. on the topic of Christs divinity ... and divinity of God in General ... let me know... but for now .. how about we start you off with "El as the Speaking Voice in Psalm 82" mentioned by name "The Father Is" .. one of the few relics of the divine pantheon not yet wiped clean...

El is leading the council - but and other of the References to Divinities covered ..

http://www.jhsonline.org/Articles/article_144.pdf

justbyfaith

Jun 28, 2018
San Pedro
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Does the Satan of Mark know this is God .. or does he not ? and if not .. who does Satan think this fellow is ?
I doubt Satan thought it was some random dude .. sent to him for testing .. .. so who does Satan think Jesus is ?

Then .. tell me how Mark would answer this above- and the audience Marks gospel was intended for would answer.
satan knows that Jesus is the Son of God...and he knows the word well enough to know that this means He is "The everlasting Father" also (Isaiah 9:6).

Heyzeus

Sep 18, 2020
Edmonton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
satan knows that Jesus is the Son of God...and he knows the word well enough to know that this means He is "The everlasting Father" also (Isaiah 9:6).

Satan knows the word "Son of God" well enough ? didn't get that one but OK .. so Satan knew this was "The Father" or did he not ?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quickening—not only living, but making alive (Joh 5:21; 6:33, 39, 40, 54, 57, 62, 63; Ro 8:11). As the natural or animal-souled body (1Co 15:44) is the fruit of our union with the first Adam, an animal-souled man, so the spiritual body is the fruit of our union with the second Adam, who is the quickening Spirit (2Co 3:17). As He became representative of the whole of humanity in His union of the two natures, He exhausted in His own person the sentence of death passed on all men, and giveth spiritual and everlasting life to whom He will.jfb

was made a quickening spirit: He was made so, not when he was conceived and born, for he had a body subject to the same natural infirmities that ours are; but upon his resurrection from the dead, when, though he had the same body, in respect of the substance of it, yet it differed in qualities, and was much more spiritual; with which body he ascended up into heaven, clothed with a power, as to quicken souls with a spiritual life, so also to quicken our mortal bodies at his second coming, when he shall raise the dead out of their graves. poole

BTW- it was addressed in the Resurrection thread so try and stay on topic with Colossians chapters 1-2 specifically Colossians 2:9.

can you exegete that passage ?

hope this helps !!!
This is why He breathes on them and says receive the Holy Ghost, but after ascension a mighty wind blows,,,,, the breath of life.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChristisGod

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The quintessence of eisegesis is isolating passages in order to substantiate a position. This is indicative of trinitarian hermeneutics, they are unable to find a paragraph, that in its entirety, asserts that Jesus is God. All any trinitarian has ever been able to produce, are remote and truncated verses, that context-wise, and intelligence wise, have absolutely no merit whatsoever.
Having the '...fullness of deity dwell within him...' juxtaposed with verse 12 '... having been buried with Him in baptism, in which you were also raised up with Him through faith in the working of God, who raised Him from the dead....'

This, clearly does not denote a deity of essence, but of character and purpose. We are all created in God's image, each of us have the potential for perfection, and reflecting the full image of God. Jesus loved God with all his heart, mind and soul, thus he attained perfection. ...an act that would be pathetically absurd if Christ were God. You're not getting the point. God's Atonement does not require that He comes to earth first, to love Himself, and therefore, to propitiate Himself. You trinitarians blaspheme the wisdom of God with your narrow minded eisegesis.

You are right to question who was Jesus? Is He a man exalted to God status, to God walking in human form?
Can eternity be constrained into a body, and if this body has a beginning, with knowledge and consciousness, which part could this be God and which part human?

What I find interesting is how people start from the Father and downgrade Jesus, rather than starting from Jesus who shows us the Father.
Jesus was a teacher who made some friends, who came to realise He was God in human form. As absurd as this is, Holy Father, who sits on a throne in heaven, unapproachable, beyond constraints or definitions, is there in front of them. And how can Jesus be God, praying and worshipping the Father, and the Father anointing and confirming Christ and His message.

And the Holy Spirit, who anoints and teaches the hearts of believers Gods ways and reality, at such a personal deep level. These are words of a book until experienced stay on the pages of a book. So for those who do not know Jesus or the Holy Spirit, he is a prophet, a good man exalted to a new status, that was not pre-existent, and in some ways we can attain to likewise.

The answer for me is personal, and summed up by Jesus on the cross saying, "Father forgive them because they do not know what they are doing." Jesus was not a sacrificial justice equation, He was love personified and the light of God heart, if we are prepared to listen and follow.

There is a day, when we meet God face to face. On that day either we know His kingdom, and the reality is born in our hearts or we are lost. It is a stark reality, before which time things can shift and move about, in this grey world between Kingdoms and experiences. But once the day has dawned everything is final. Love and forgiveness are the key, nothing else matters. I have met believers who will send me to hell for talking this reality, so doctrine or bible knowledge do not open this door, only repentance and brokenness at seeing who the creator is through the cross and His pain for our lives. If you believe Him there is hope, if you listen and follow, and His words become the light in ones heart. There is literally no other way, this is just so profound, at eternal reality of a family born out of Gods love for us, Amen, Praise the Lord.

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus is God. Now you know!
I would also put around this, one has to personally discover this.
The spiritual reality of our hearts, in sin and lostness, this is impossible to accept. Unless the Father draws us we are in this perpetual state.
God bless you

FollowHim

Aug 22, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is why He breathes on them and says receive the Holy Ghost, but after ascension a mighty wind blows,,,,, the breath of life.

There was a time when loneliness left my heart.
One believer was convinced I was a pharisee, proud of my achievements, trying to prove how good and righteous I am.
They had to do this because in their mind believers are sinners who are never to attain holiness or purity, and to suggest such a thing is just pride and self righteousness. What does not strike cold hearts who do not respond to love, is love overwhelms and changes us completely. God bless you

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another Ear-creeper infestation! Be warned. The very same insect creeps this forum board under at least three also-known-as's.
Another lie. Let me know when you have something COGENT to say regarding the OP.

Ad Hominems are a tale tell sign of defeat. You cannot win the argument so attack the person.

hope this helps !!!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mailmansan, You do realise if <Christophany> 'likes' your post, he accepts you agree with him.
Of course when the TRUTH is proclaimed which you reject.

Any more ad hominem's today ?

are you able to address the OP or just the usual one line drive by ?

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are talking about the bit with Satan .. not sure what the relevance of the quote is to this ?

We are saying that Jesus is God .. and Satan knows this is God .. and the people writing at the time assuming that this is actually God talking to Satan .. Or do you suggest that God was playing a Trick on Satan .. as that is the only other option .. the Loki emanation coming out of the Godhead .. Splendid .. I like where you are going with this

So does Satan know this is God .. or does he not ? and if not .. who does Satan think this fellow is ? some random dude .. sent to him for testing .. ?
Here is who Satan was dealing with in Luke 1....

19 To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

The God that was IN Christ rebuked Satan.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Read the passage in question (Ephesians 3:19-20).

I don't think that I claim to be a recipient of that promise...but that it is in fact promised is very evident from the passage.
We do not get the Holy Ghost without measure.

We are limited by our Holy Ghost experience.

Nobody has ever had the Holy Ghost like Christ had the Holy Ghost.

Status
Not open for further replies.