ALL we know about Mel Gibson's 'The Resurrection' film. ️

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

St. Joseph

Apr 30, 2023
Arkansas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was poorly done movie. I laughed out loud when Jesus supposedly crushed the snakes head on the way to the cross.
Like a Wyatt Earp movie or something. Mixing fact with fiction throughout.

Bible Highlighter

Feb 17, 2022
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mel has the capability to make good movies. War movies seem to be his strength (Although I do not watch regular secular big budget popular movies anymore). When I first seen the Passion in theaters it was impactful and impressive to me at that time in my life, but I honestly did not really remember much from it. I bought it on DVD and I tried several times to watch it but I could never get into it. It seemed extremely boring and slow in the beginning and I wanted to fast forward through it. When I skipped to the scene where Jim Caviezel was preaching at the sermon on the mount, he seemed kind of ridiculous or silly looking and so I shut it off. I think at this point in my life, my tastes in movies had changed and I became more critical in the films I liked (Especially when I started to study script writing and film making). I also did not help that I did not like Caviezel‘s reading of Jesus in the Word of Promise Dramatized Audio Bible, either. Jim Caviezel‘s reading of Jesus in that audio bible was very dry and monotonous (with no range of emotion). He was just reading words on the page with no real feeling or heart behind it.

I don’t honestly remember much of the movie, and I have no real interest in watching it again (Seeing Mel felt he had to show the unnecessary brutality of Christ’s being whipped and crucified to the most farthest extreme).

While I do not own movies that have Jesus in them, and while I strive to not promote movies that have our Lord depicted in them (because it is creating a false idol image of Jesus), I would not mind at least seeing such films only once if it looks like they are not perverting the Scriptures too much (Which is unlike the Chosen TV series which perverts the Word of God endlessly). So depending on the trailer, I may see the Passion sequel.

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not having an intimate relationship to God makes us NOT have an intimate KNOWLEDGE of his word !Screenshot_20230503-153139~2.png

Keturah

Dec 19, 2022
Here
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was poorly done movie. I laughed out loud when Jesus supposedly crushed the snakes head on the way to the cross.
Like a Wyatt Earp movie or something. Mixing fact with fiction throughout.
I disagree with your assessment of " The Passion of the Christ" movie.
Screenshot_20230503-153429~2.png

Reggie Belafonte

Mar 16, 2018
Brisbane
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I never watched The Passion of the Christ
Hey I watched it for the first time last year, I do not remember it to much, I just thought why the such a huge big deal was made by the MSM and the outright hatred and malice of Mel Gibson for making an attempt of such a thing, It was way up their with the hatred and malic that the MSM display towards D J Trump.

Mental retards ! is what I thought of the display against Mel for making the movie.
Mental retards is what I think of the display against D J Trump, such a huge pack of lies and outright deceptions that is nothing to be worried about at all, but for them who peddles such outright Malice towards anyone who does not follow the MSM Nazi type derangement system.

I was not impressed by Mal's Passion of the Christ at all truly, I thought it would of been much better in fact.

The only Movie I truly have to say that I really like of his is the original Mad Max, the rest were not as good at all.