Alone too much

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Taken Prayer is the believer's vital breath, indeed.......

Yes Prayer IS the Paramount communication between man & the Lord God.

A “Believer” Prays “THROUGH” the advocated God Sent & provided...
Jesus....WHO in-turn gives those Prayers to God, that He will fulfill.

A “Converted” man Prays “TO” Christ Jesus...(Power OF & Word OF & IS God) and in-turn will fulfill.

Difference of a need for an advocate, because one is still IN his sin.
Difference of no need for an advocate, because one freed from his sin.

God is HOLY, and can NOT Hear from that which is sinful...thus the advocate.

A “believer”... requires an advocate...JESUS
THAT DAY...a man is “Converted”...no long requires an advocate.
A “converted” man...is praying to CHRIST JESUS, Lord God, and He answers Directly.

THAT DAY... is different PER individual men WHO choose, to be MADE CHANGED from BELIEVER, TO Converted Believer.

John 16:
[23] And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.
[24] Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.
[25] These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.
[26] At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

One of my biggest conflicts with Catholicism and some Protestants; is their teaching of Continual sin, (standing Against God), after supposedly being converted via the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Glory to God,
Taken

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have been alone in large part most of my life. I have longed for a true friend who I can be myself with and still be loved and accepted. And during those times in life when things are most intense, the Lord actually seems to call me to be alone ....just me and Him. Sometimes my heart cries for "Jesus with skin on" and He nudges me to draw more into Him. It is His love and care for me that does this, because He truly is what I need most in those times. No human can do what He can do.

@Wynona , I know that loneliness is painful. Use this as a time to seek the Father's heart. He knows what you have need of. And I agree ....none of us are meant to be alone 24/7. He has a plan and a purpose for these times. I pray He strengthens you through this lonely time and draws you to deep places in Him that you've never known. He will meet your need ....usually, in unexpected ways.

When we allow Him to have His way and surrender to His process, we can find some amazing gems along the way. One thing I've learned is that His ways are not our ways. I have questioned times when He allowed me to walk through the darkest times ...completely (physically) alone. And I thought (and felt) like the pain would kill me. But if He had given me what I wanted, I may not have gone to those deep places ...I might have grabbed the hand of a person and stopped short and not gained the deep healing He intended for me.

Don't get me wrong, because there are absolutely times when God intends to grow and heal us through godly companionship. And there are some places we can't go alone ...we are meant for relationship. But if this is a time He has you to be alone, seek His face to know ... "Father, You know what I need. You know that I feel so very alone! What are You doing here? Help my heart to trust Your hand and purpose for me. What do You want me to learn during this time?"

Ecclesiastes 4:9-12
[9]Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour.
[10]For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up.
[11]Again, if two lie together, then they have heat: but how can one be warm alone?
[12]And if one prevail against him, two shall withstand him; and a threefold cord is not quickly broken.

Philippians 4:19
[19]But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

I believe this is a season, sister.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wynona and L.A.M.B.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 42:1-11
[1](To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah.) As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
[2]My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
[3]My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
[4]When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
[5]Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
[6]O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
[7]Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
[8]Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
[9]I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
[10]As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
[11]Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
❤️

CadyandZoe

May 17, 2020
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling low. I could use prayer.

I'm so sick of

-Friends that aren't friends
-My church not getting to know me beyond things I can do for them
-Being alone at five days out of the week because of Hubby's job.

I don't care if it makes me a weak person. I can't deal with it anymore. I don't think mankind is supposed to deal with loneliness well at all.
Father, Please bless your servant Wynona and give her peace and rest.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Psalm 42:1-11
[1](To the chief Musician, Maschil, for the sons of Korah.) As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.
[2]My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?
[3]My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?
[4]When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.
[5]Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance.
[6]O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar.
[7]Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
[8]Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life.
[9]I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?
[10]As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?
[11]Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.
❤️
Great Psalm there.............

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

I listened to that first song twice. It's so beautiful. It really blessed me.

I guess I thought that the problem was me if I was alone this much. I didn't think it could be God wanting to do something. I still don't quite understand that.

I know he has led me distance with my girlfriends from college. I know He's leading us away from our church. I suppose Jesus was often alone with the Father in the wilderness.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ

I listened to that first song twice. It's so beautiful. It really blessed me.

I guess I thought that the problem was me if I was alone this much. I didn't think it could be God wanting to do something. I still don't quite understand that.

I know he has led me distance with my girlfriends from college. I know He's leading us away from our church. I suppose Jesus was often alone with the Father in the wilderness.
He is intricately involved in the lives of His children. So in every season, He is already there. He wants us to acknowledge Him in everything (Proverbs 3:5-6). He invites us to bring everything to Him, to cast our cares upon Him. From there, we trust and wait.

I'm speaking from experience. I've been in the fire for a very long time. I think what we learn is .....if He delivers us from the fire, the flood, the storm, the wilderness ...we praise Him. And if He doesn't ....we still praise Him. He has a purpose and He will work it all for good.❤️

He is working for your good, sister.❤️

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Praying that God sends you that sense of connection (perhaps in your new church?) that you desire.

(But isn't it great how so many have written to encourage you? Praising God for that!)

Reactions: Wynona

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

I don't care if it makes me a weak person. I can't deal with it anymore. I don't think mankind is supposed to deal with loneliness well at all.
I'm sorry, Wynona, I pray things do get better. Are there women's groups around where you can find a female friend maybe?

One thing I did learn from being married years ago into the military and going through loneliness during deployment, you knew you had to have female friends around.

It just helps to have someone to talk to, go shopping with, have little gatherings.

And if you can't do any of that, I think for myself I kept busy with a lot of sewing and crochet, things like that.

Are you stay at home or are you working?

I was a stay at home mom for 17 years but having a job now really helps my mental health, because it gave me a routine, purpose, and connections with a lot of people. I didn't have that before.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry, Wynona, I pray things do get better. Are there women's groups around where you can find a female friend maybe?

One thing I did learn from being married years ago into the military and going through loneliness during deployment, you knew you had to have female friends around.

It just helps to have someone to talk to, go shopping with, have little gatherings.

And if you can't do any of that, I think for myself I kept busy with a lot of sewing and crochet, things like that.

Are you stay at home or are you working?

I was a stay at home mom for 17 years but having a job now really helps my mental health, because it gave me a routine, purpose, and connections with a lot of people. I didn't have that before.

I'm at home but volunteering every week has given me purpose and connections. I may up my hours.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm at home but volunteering every week has given me purpose and connections. I may up my hours.

Always a good thing!

I remember when I was SAHM, I really wanted to volunteer for the cat shelter. I didn't end up doing it, but I wish I had.

I know SAHM/SAHW is a full time job in itself, but it definitely is nice to have something that is just *yours.*

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lord, I cannot love, cannot walk this Christian walk by myself.

Put your love in my heart. Help me to seek you with all my strength. Give me the grace to deny ungodliness and resist temptation. Help me not to grow weary in well doing.

Your will is that I love so let me love like You. Help me to return to the actions I did at first. I love you, Lord. Renew a right spirit within me and a steadfast heart.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Put your love in my heart. Help me to seek you with all my strength. Give me the grace to deny ungodliness and resist temptation. Help me not to grow weary in well doing.

Your will is that I love so let me love like You. Help me to return to the actions I did at first. I love you, Lord. Renew a right spirit within me and a steadfast heart.

Sin will destroy us . It must be ended . I know most wont tell you so , but it is so .
Put down all appearance of evil . Fight the fight . In the end its better we were chastened of GOD than left to ourselves .

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

There is a reason we are not to forsake the gathering. We are embers tossed out of the fire. You and I both spend a huge amount of time alone. It is not healthy and sister, I pray for you also for our Father to send Christian friends to gather with, iron sharpens iron and just think of the things to look forward to, bible studies, lunch's, the conversations about The Lord! Would be so nice to have that and GROW in Him together.
Many need practical help as well so, even little things can lighten a brother or sisters load.
Great usage of scripture for that prayer sister!

Reactions: Lambano and Wynona

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are loved dear sister .

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I may not ever have a bunch of people busting down my door to hang out with me.

But I can pursue the Lord with my whole heart every day.

What kind of hobbies do you enjoy? Have you ever tried quilting or cross stitch/needlepoint? You can take a class at a local shop and instantly connect with wonderful ladies from all walks of life.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of hobbies do you enjoy? Have you ever tried quilting or cross stitch/needlepoint? You can take a class at a local shop and instantly connect with wonderful ladies from all walks of life.

I love scrapbooking. Ive tried knitting before. There is a paper crafts studio that holds classes. I just didn't go cause the class got snowed out last time when I attended.

Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Pets are also terrific companions. An instant cure for loneliness. Get a little dog or cat and they will be there for you always.

I hope you feel better soon Wynona. Praying for you.

Reactions: Wynona and Lambano