Alone too much

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. I even had the thought that maybe Im alone a lot cause Im a bad person.

that is satan telling you that (Imo) the message of “you are a bad person”
I’ve heard that voice “you will never be able to read.” Same voice too, whispering: “you are a bad person”…at work they did away with the position I was in…it got inside my head that even though they said they would place me in another position…that I should leave and quit because whatever area they placed me in…I would be a burden. Convinced of it. Always hearing that voice “there really isn’t any place for you.”

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks Taken. My husband would rather have a job where he gets to come home every day. I pray he gets that opportunity.

That. I just prayed for your guys, a good start. :)
Good to trust in prayer. Good to notice when prayer is answered.
But there IS an issue of meantime.

Reactions: farouk and marks

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That. I just prayed for your guys, a good start. :)
Good to trust in prayer. Good to notice when prayer is answered.
But there IS an issue of meantime.

Hubby and I are still very close. I give him a 10 out of 10!

Reactions: Taken and marks

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
*happy tears*

You guys are too good! 20 notifications since last night?? All these prayers and encouragements?? I'm almost embarrassed I made the title about feeling alone.

You guys are the best!!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ive wondered if Im really an introvert just because I feel fine being alone at times.

Being a housewife for thirty-five years…I don’t have a problem with being alone either. You are right though in you can also be in a room full of people and still be alone. To me…an introvert label is bogus …because it is like telling someone, or whispering they are not good with people but instead better off alone. Although warm, receiving, open and welcoming to all kinds …they are convinced of being introverted?

Reactions: marks

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being a housewife for thirty-five years…I don’t have a problem with being alone either. You are right though in you can also be in a room full of people and still be alone. To me…an introvert label is bogus …because it is like telling someone, or whispering they are not good with people but instead better off alone. Although warm, receiving, open and welcoming to all kinds …they are convinced of being introverted?

Yay for the housewife journey! I'm a housewife too.

I think introverts get a bad reputation. Being introverted and being socially awkward are too different things. Ive been both but they are still separate! Lol

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Wynona,

I pray God will arrange a way for your husband to be home every day. I pray you will experience ever more deeply God's love for you. And that He will daily strengthen you for whatever is in store!

Much love!

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think introverts get a bad reputation. Being introverted and being socially awkward are too different things.
Ive been both but they are still separate! Lol

Well you are right.
I am an extrovert and if things are not serious....I would rather play the part of a kid. People like to be around people that are having fun and boy do I have fun.

Reactions: Wynona

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey VictoryinJesus! Don't be sorry. I'm sorry you were depressed last night.

I really don't think we were meant to be alone. God said it is not good for the man (Adam) to be alone.

I know I get a lot of fulfillment from meaningful relationships. I should probably just be grateful for what I have but being alone in an empty room a lot can do strange things to your mind and heart.

Ive wondered if Im really an introvert just because I feel fine being alone at times. I really crave meaningful one on one conversations. And I don't think hardly anyone just likes being alone all the time.

You can be with people and still not feel really known and understood.
I experience similar problems being alone all the time. I understand what I have experienced. I just deal with it in the ways I do. I know with how you've expressed that you live your life that you have done the necessary steps to work with that situation. So then May God be with you to help you work thru these things. With him we're never alone! I pray for that and that he will cheer you up.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I experience similar problems being alone all the time. I understand what I have experienced. I just deal with it in the ways I do. I know with how you've expressed that you live your life that you have done the necessary steps to work with that situation. So then May God be with you to help you work thru these things. With him we're never alone! I pray for that and that he will cheer you up.

If I had to be single and live by myself, I don't even know if Id be making good decisions. I think people who can maintain by themselves are some of the strongest of all.

Reactions: dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I had to be single and live by myself, I don't even know if Id be making good decisions. I think people who can maintain by themselves are some of the strongest of all.
Well I think you're doing a great job and are an inspiration.

Reactions: Pearl and Wynona

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I think introverts get a bad reputation. Being introverted and being socially awkward are too different things. Ive been both but they are still separate! Lol

to clarify I wasn’t talking about myself. It was those at work. Being with them every day seeing them walking up straight, smiling, open and having conversations. But when the manager told them they had to come approach customers with a smile and greeting to offer them help with whatever…it was sad to watch them curve over in posture and start to fidget with their hands. Terrified. It was sad because I could relate, then the manager says help them approach others. Every one of them told me “I can’t do this. I’m an introvert” caved in on themselves, no longer standing upright, almost resorting to child-like behavior.

it was an opportunity to share “I’ve been convinced I’m an introvert too. When I was offered this position I thought…y’all chose the wrong girl.” “I’m an introvert!!” I would ask them …why are you so afraid to approach them? Their answer was because of their face, it being clear by the stone-cold look… “don’t greet me. Don’t approach me to ask if I need help.” So I asked “have you ever consider the stoney look is the true introvert, don’t speak to me.” “You come up and have hugged me and greeted me with a smile everyday. Who told you that you are the introvert?”

I’m not trying to be annoying but encourage. I’m sharing it was sad …to see what I’d been convinced of to my core displayed in another perspective which was them. And also sad, because I could easily believe it about myself…but I didn’t believe it about them. Something told over and over again; made them go from funny, contributing, walking up straight …to bent over and even stuttering.

WalkInLight

Jul 30, 2022
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Feeling low. I could use prayer.

I'm so sick of

-Friends that aren't friends
-My church not getting to know me beyond things I can do for them
-Being alone at five days out of the week because of Hubby's job.

I don't care if it makes me a weak person. I can't deal with it anymore. I don't think mankind is supposed to deal with loneliness well at all.

I was thinking about this issue recently.
I work alone at my software day in day out. It is done alone, and in the quiet or noisy as I choose.
But I am not lonely. The reason is the contacts I have I have chosen and I seek out to connect to "my" group,
those people who I have a natural affinity to.

It takes time to share, to empathise and to connect. It is easy to paint ones needs and see them not being met.
Then you find there are lots of things you could do, people have contact with, but honestly, it means little inside.
And it is this dismissiveness that is me dismissing the very thing I claim to want, more contact.

Emotional consistency. A relation we saw only occasionally, every few years, but whenever we did they were always
the same, open, supportive, interactive and enjoyable. It was a pleasure to have time together.

Another relative was totally the opposite, unpredictable, critical, all over the place, demanding while not able to give
very much or be aware of multiple needs or issues. So all contact here was a drain, and avoided, or kept neutral.

Now my expectations need to be set on what is possible and what I enjoy, and measuring my stress and work load.
I also need to earn the respect of others and it be a two way growing experience. So it takes time.

What has helped me in our house group is to start to work on me understanding others needs, their real needs,
and showing real interest and support, along with biblical outlooks on this behaviour. People are so hurt and betrayed,
it is little wonder they keep others at a distance. But openning that door and being consistent and always there,
begins to set a different standard for them. We need to become Christ to others, and let others be Christ to us.

God bless you

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
to clarify I wasn’t talking about myself. It was those at work. Being with them every day seeing them walking up straight, smiling, open and having conversations. But when the manager told them they had to come approach customers with a smile and greeting to offer them help with whatever…it was sad to watch them curve over in posture and start to fidget with their hands. Terrified. It was sad because I could relate, then the manager says help them approach others. Every one of them told me “I can’t do this. I’m an introvert” caved in on themselves, no longer standing upright, almost resorting to child-like behavior.

it was an opportunity to share “I’ve been convinced I’m an introvert too. When I was offered this position I thought…y’all chose the wrong girl.” “I’m an introvert!!” I would ask them …why are you so afraid to approach them? Their answer was because of their face, it being clear by the stone-cold look… “don’t greet me. Don’t approach me to ask if I need help.” So I asked “have you ever consider the stoney look is the true introvert, don’t speak to me.” “You come up and have hugged me and greeted me with a smile everyday. Who told you that you are the introvert?”

I’m not trying to be annoying but encourage. I’m sharing it was sad …to see what I’d been convinced of to my core displayed in another perspective which was them. And also sad, because I could easily believe it about myself…but I didn’t believe it about them. Something told over and over again; made them go from funny, contributing, walking up straight …to bent over and even stuttering.

I see. That is sad. It's like the label robbed them of their confidence.

Reactions: VictoryinJesus

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling low. I could use prayer.

I'm so sick of

-Friends that aren't friends

Fellowship is vital sister. Other than church, people organize around ACTION. I have friends from church BECAUSE we play tennis together. Another group plays Pickle Ball. When I was out for an injury, I noticed the call frequency drop. Fair weather friends, friends that aren't friends?

Is there any other kind? If you have a low expectation of your fellow man, you won't be disappointed. This is why we need God so much! The rock, always faithful who loves us with a love we cannot comprehend.

On this site, if threads emerged on topic I'm not into, like knitting, wood working, gardening, making one's own clothing, I would be less active. It's human nature. I'll pray for you sister. Remember, this season of life will not last.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It's surprises me how much this forum can lift me up when I'm feeling a bit down. Lots of kind words from the brethren. Lots of support and wise words, lots of prayer. Praying for you dear sister! :pray: xox
Indeed the Scriptures are wonderful resource even as we quote them to others........

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have any time to do voluntary work to fill your lonely hours?