Alone too much

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Feeling low. I could use prayer.

I'm so sick of

-Friends that aren't friends
-My church not getting to know me beyond things I can do for them
-Being alone at five days out of the week because of Hubby's job.

I don't care if it makes me a weak person. I can't deal with it anymore. I don't think mankind is supposed to deal with loneliness well at all.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are not alone sweet sister, not only is the God of our souls with you but I myself think of you often throughout the day.

Your kind, thoughtful, gentle spirit is humbling and yet you are hungry wise and always reaching higher to a better place.

You inspire and remind myself what newer, younger days were like, and how exciting those early days were.

Keep your chin up, YOUR FIRE WARMS MY HEART !

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
You are not alone sweet sister, not only is the God of our souls with you but I myself think of you often throughout the day.

Your kind, thoughtful, gentle spirit is humbling and yet you are hungry wise and always reaching higher to a better place.

You inspire and remind myself what newer, younger days were like, and how exciting those early days were.

Keep your chin up, YOYR FIRE WARMS MY HEART !
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d For the believer, prayer and the Scriptures make all the difference, right? :)

Reactions: marks

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

I don't care if it makes me a weak person. I can't deal with it anymore. I don't think mankind is supposed to deal with loneliness well at all.
My father used to tell me you are better off alone than in bad company, you are not alone Sister, God Almighty is always with you and us folks here on Christianity Board, God Bless.:)

Last edited:

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'm so sick of

Remember after God made Adam and said its not good for man to be alone.
It's in our nature to be with company.

I'm single and I admit I do get lonely. I'm much more at peace with it now than I once was. It's enough to drive someone insane or even drive them to suicide if they aren't mentally strong enough to deal with it.

Be careful my dear because the evil one attacks us when we are weak. Physically and mentally. When we feel lonely the evil one feeds off that and put thoughts into our mind to try make us feel even worse.

The remedy. Pray.
Praise God for the good things in your life
Ask God for the strength to endure

God bless :praying:

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

I'm so sick of

You are courageous and vulnerable....I love your heart Wynona.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

It is not good for man to be alone.....how true.
We are social creatures and that is fact.
But because of the situation you are in, you know that a true friend is a treasure.
The forum here is an avenue for being social....we have casual threads and I can tell you are liked.
Then again now a days people have a tendency to be to themselves....So some of this people do to themselves, but than again it has been exacerbated due to Covid and high gas prices and criminals running amuck in the streets. And if you have kids, it is more of a challenge to be social.
The church and other organizations are out there where you can meet people.
Find a church that has a lot of activities and get involved. I have found that Bible Study groups in people's homes lead to barbeques and picnics.
Community service...Food Pantries....Rotary Club....Bingo....
Just some ideas.

Last edited:

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

Hi, Wynona. I've always been single. Paul told us to pray constantly (1 Thessalonians 5:17) - I never feel alone.

As for your church, remember that churches are filled with imperfect people. At some point we stop following and become the example-setters.

I hope that helps.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

You hit the nail on the head, yet maybe do not realize it.

Friends.. Secularly Hang in two categories.
* A literal handful, that you rarely see or talk to, but regardless of passage of time, you can occasionally connect with and thoroughly enjoy.
* A slew of old and new faces you have a momentary pleasant cordial exchange face to face, but zero reliance on they be there in your time of need.

Church... Building, setting, (some very small, many or mega), sets the facts of who meets who. Everyone can be cordial face to face, maybe know a little bit about the other, but are for the most part, are face to face acquaintances and not friends out side of the Church setting.
(And yes, people are people, criticize, gossip, wonder, guess, about others, in all settings, Churches, Neighbors, Shopping, Driving, etc.)

Family...Yes, Secularly, it is instigated, promoted, taught, (somewhat enforced by, through, of...economy manipulation, education of children by organized institutions, rather than parents...inanutshell...
Secularly Separate the Family, by any means possible.
(Parenthood Without marriage, prisons for ridiculous nonsense, encourage female gender to be out of the home, easy divorces, easy abortions, others raising ones children, Two married, separate by work, long work hours, traveling away from home to work, on and on, promoted, encouraged.)

It’s an odd thing, when husbands and wives spend the majority of their time “separated”... The husband returns home, can plainly see, the results of what the Woman at home has done. The woman sees what results of what the Husband has done? Zip. Curious and Perhaps discussion of his work. And then what? The evening ends, go to sleep, repeat!
Where is the husband and wife time together? Week-end when wife can look out the window and see the husband mowing the laws, washing the vehicle, tinkering in the garage/shop? Maybe watch a movie together, where neither speaks to the other?

Not about you being a weak person. Is all about you being lonely and the best hope is maybe 30 minutes out of the day some physical hugs and touching with husband, and FRIENDS relationship with Spouse of playing, flirting, laughing, reminiscing.... ZIP...
AND sadly, when that is NOT a regular daily happening...You as the stay at home Wife, is missing something, and the husband coming home tired, not having that regular daily happening...can not figure out what IS missing, Because missing means, what you once HAD, but now do not.

I don’t think your feelings are unusual. I’m sure you have been content, with not being the statistic, of woman with children and having had no husband, or woman divorced with children...AKA, married woman with same husband....

However, the fact is: what society promotes, fosters, encourages, makes easy, pretends IS normal, isn’t. IT IS SEPARATION of all People from each other, and promotion, storing the pot of People against people.
It’s nothing new. (Simply on steroids in this modern society).
God has a Big Plan for Separating People, With Him from Without Him.
Satan, Global society OF this world, mimic God, with a twisted element of deception.

Doom and gloomy sounding eh?
Do have some simple suggestions if you are interested, either openly on the forum or privately or not at all.

Glory to God,
Taken

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

Praying for you Wynona :pray:

Last edited:

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

I'm so sick of

You are going through a spiritual rainy season. When you get into that place everything looks bleak. But it is a time of testing like Jesus alone in the wilderness hearing that evil little voice. It is very tempting to have a pity party but be assured Wynona the sun will come out again.

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm so sick of

I can relate @Wynona. Thinking that same last night, depressed. It causes me to consider my motives…like with this board here. To have a purpose. To be useful. To be needful. To be accepted. I get…we have a purpose in God, accepted of God, needful and useful (within the body?)…but recently I’ve been revisiting what I’ve always been labeled “an introvert”. recently, I’ve reconsidered that label “an introvert” …because maybe I am awkward and backwards, maybe I am insecure and withdrawn …struggling with others but people I like, to be included I like, to be useful I like. Is that wrong? I recently quit my job but while I was there I watched “other introverts” …being pulled into the sales position I was in of approaching customers in the store. They would blush and withdraw saying “I don’t do well with people.” But those “introverts” were the ones who would come running up to you every day, with a wide smile for a hug. I learned …it wasn’t that they didn’t like people…it was those who rejected them always that didn’t accept them. I’m sorry…maybe this doesn’t relate well to what you are going through. But I can relate to craving relationship. Even when others assume you don’t.

two verses that have helped me with loneliness. One is concerning the desolate ground in Job…how God cuts a torrent, or path for the waters, to give water to the dry desolate ground that the tender blade springs up with growth. It means something to me, because God does that …cuts in that path…to give water to what is dry.

and also Ruth…helps (Imo) with loneliness. Where a handful of purpose was left for her to glean. It speaks to me on having purpose, to be needed or useful, or of value.

I’m sorry you are lonely. I’m not saying your struggles are the same as mine…but I do wonder if God created us to be alone. If so, then why do we crave something more?

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When we feel lonely the evil one feeds off that and put thoughts into

Yes. I even had the thought that maybe Im alone a lot cause Im a bad person. When in reality, I try to do good every day.

It is very tempting to have a pity party but be assured Wynona the sun will come out again.

I love this. One of my favorite songs says "Just have faith, the sun will shine again."

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keep your chin up, YOUR FIRE WARMS MY HEART !

You are so kind. This means a lot to me.

Reactions: Nancy and marks

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You hit the nail on the head, yet maybe do not realize it.

Friends.. Secularly Hang in two categories.
* A literal handful, that you rarely see or talk to, but regardless of passage of time, you can occasionally connect with and thoroughly enjoy.
* A slew of old and new faces you have a momentary pleasant cordial exchange face to face, but zero reliance on they be there in your time of need.

Church... Building, setting, (some very small, many or mega), sets the facts of who meets who. Everyone can be cordial face to face, maybe know a little bit about the other, but are for the most part, are face to face acquaintances and not friends out side of the Church setting.
(And yes, people are people, criticize, gossip, wonder, guess, about others, in all settings, Churches, Neighbors, Shopping, Driving, etc.)

Family...Yes, Secularly, it is instigated, promoted, taught, (somewhat enforced by, through, of...economy manipulation, education of children by organized institutions, rather than parents...inanutshell...
Secularly Separate the Family, by any means possible.
(Parenthood Without marriage, prisons for ridiculous nonsense, encourage female gender to be out of the home, easy divorces, easy abortions, others raising ones children, Two married, separate by work, long work hours, traveling away from home to work, on and on, promoted, encouraged.)

It’s an odd thing, when husbands and wives spend the majority of their time “separated”... The husband returns home, can plainly see, the results of what the Woman at home has done. The woman sees what results of what the Husband has done? Zip. Curious and Perhaps discussion of his work. And then what? The evening ends, go to sleep, repeat!
Where is the husband and wife time together? Week-end when wife can look out the window and see the husband mowing the laws, washing the vehicle, tinkering in the garage/shop? Maybe watch a movie together, where neither speaks to the other?

Not about you being a weak person. Is all about you being lonely and the best hope is maybe 30 minutes out of the day some physical hugs and touching with husband, and FRIENDS relationship with Spouse of playing, flirting, laughing, reminiscing.... ZIP...
AND sadly, when that is NOT a regular daily happening...You as the stay at home Wife, is missing something, and the husband coming home tired, not having that regular daily happening...can not figure out what IS missing, Because missing means, what you once HAD, but now do not.

I don’t think your feelings are unusual. I’m sure you have been content, with not being the statistic, of woman with children and having had no husband, or woman divorced with children...AKA, married woman with same husband....

However, the fact is: what society promotes, fosters, encourages, makes easy, pretends IS normal, isn’t. IT IS SEPARATION of all People from each other, and promotion, storing the pot of People against people.
It’s nothing new. (Simply on steroids in this modern society).
God has a Big Plan for Separating People, With Him from Without Him.
Satan, Global society OF this world, mimic God, with a twisted element of deception.

Doom and gloomy sounding eh?
Do have some simple suggestions if you are interested, either openly on the forum or privately or not at all.

Glory to God,
Taken

Thanks Taken. My husband would rather have a job where he gets to come home every day. I pray he gets that opportunity.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can relate @Wynona. Thinking that same last night, depressed. It causes me to consider my motives…like with this board here. To have a purpose. To be useful. To be needful. To be accepted. I get…we have a purpose in God, accepted of God, needful and useful (within the body?)…but recently I’ve been revisiting what I’ve always been labeled “an introvert”. recently, I’ve reconsidered that label “an introvert” …because maybe I am awkward and backwards, maybe I am insecure and withdrawn …struggling with others but people I like, to be included I like, to be useful I like. Is that wrong? I recently quit my job but while I was there I watched “other introverts” …being pulled into the sales position I was in of approaching customers in the store. They would blush and withdraw saying “I don’t do well with people.” But those “introverts” were the ones who would come running up to you every day, with a wide smile for a hug. I learned …it wasn’t that they didn’t like people…it was those who rejected them always that didn’t accept them. I’m sorry…maybe this doesn’t relate well to what you are going through. But I can relate to craving relationship. Even when others assume you don’t.

two verses that have helped me with loneliness. One is concerning the desolate ground in Job…how God cuts a torrent, or path for the waters, to give water to the dry desolate ground that the tender blade springs up with growth. It means something to me, because God does that …cuts in that path…to give water to what is dry.

and also Ruth…helps (Imo) with loneliness. Where a handful of purpose was left for her to glean. It speaks to me on having purpose, to be needed or useful, or of value.

I’m sorry you are lonely. I’m not saying your struggles are the same as mine…but I do wonder if God created us to be alone. If so, then why do we crave something more?

Hey VictoryinJesus! Don't be sorry. I'm sorry you were depressed last night.

I really don't think we were meant to be alone. God said it is not good for the man (Adam) to be alone.

I know I get a lot of fulfillment from meaningful relationships. I should probably just be grateful for what I have but being alone in an empty room a lot can do strange things to your mind and heart.

Ive wondered if Im really an introvert just because I feel fine being alone at times. I really crave meaningful one on one conversations. And I don't think hardly anyone just likes being alone all the time.

You can be with people and still not feel really known and understood.