Am I welcomed here?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

7angels

Aug 13, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

My "name" is Jane. I'm a lady who loves Jesus Christ with all my heart, mind, and soul. He is my Savior and King. I'm also a complete nerd and dork. One of my dorky hobbies is visiting other churches / religious places and talking to people their to get to better know them. I find that this journey has greatly increased my love/understanding of other folks, and my own understand of different beliefs (including my own).

Traditionally I've been about to make it to ~8 churches other than my own a year, but lately.... life has gotten crowded and I'm not able to physically visit nearly as often as I would like. Hence, my turning to online communities to talk to other people about faith there-- to love and to share with each other. Is this such a place which is interested in sharing and loving different people/beliefs?

Admittedly, I'm a little trepidatious asking this. I have.... had some bad experiences on other sites which have left me with scars. I don't want to go somewhere that I and others are not welcomed.

Thank you for your time,
Jane
first of all welcome.

second everyone seems to have their own view of the truth. even though we all have the same Word of God and Spirit that does not mean everyone is at the same place in their walks with God. just take everything you read and compare it to the bible and pray over it to see if you have peace in your spirit. if it is in line with the Word ofGod and you have peace in your spirit then chances are you are on the right track.

third remember not to get agitated because of what someone says. there are a lot of foolish people out there and christian seem to worsen than most i find so be gentle as a dove but wise as a serpent and don't take things to heart that are said because you will only be hurting yourself. just let what is said roll off if it does not apply and if it does apply then pray to God to help you conquer your weakness to get rid of it.

God bless

Reactions: Mayflower

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... so no one's going to come after me with a pitch fork if I happen to be Mormon?
Some people respond immediately to the very mention of certain groups in condemnation, but not everyone is that way. Nevertheless don't be surprised because there are people here and people do occasionally come short of God's glory.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

My "name" is Jane. I'm a lady who loves Jesus Christ with all my heart, mind, and soul. He is my Savior and King. I'm also a complete nerd and dork. One of my dorky hobbies is visiting other churches / religious places and talking to people their to get to better know them. I find that this journey has greatly increased my love/understanding of other folks, and my own understand of different beliefs (including my own).

Traditionally I've been about to make it to ~8 churches other than my own a year, but lately.... life has gotten crowded and I'm not able to physically visit nearly as often as I would like. Hence, my turning to online communities to talk to other people about faith there-- to love and to share with each other. Is this such a place which is interested in sharing and loving different people/beliefs?

Admittedly, I'm a little trepidatious asking this. I have.... had some bad experiences on other sites which have left me with scars. I don't want to go somewhere that I and others are not welcomed.

Thank you for your time,
Jane
Hi Jane, of course you are welcome here! So, Welcome!
I have only been part of this community since May but, many of these folks I call my brothers and sisters and feel a closeness to them. I can be a sensitive gal at times but, I learned, with encouragement from one of my favorite lady's on here, to just let it roll off your back...I had to grow a thicker skin. I don't think there is a forum out there that does not get heated from time to time, lol.

Have fun!
-nancy

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
... so no one's going to come after me with a pitch fork if I happen to be Mormon?

Are you looking for answers? Or are you trying to convert? It is hard for me to trust you, you understand.

Stramger

Reactions: Nancy

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hope you can be part of this board. We are family friendly. As hope you can give the board a chance. God bless!

Reactions: Hidden In Him

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do you indeed happen to be a Mormon? Perhaps you should share some of your beliefs, particularly your understanding of the Christian Gospel.

Reactions: Nancy

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do you indeed happen to be a Mormon? Perhaps you should share some of your beliefs, particularly your understanding of the Christian Gospel.
*Jane smiles ear to ear*
Would you like the long version or the short? I could talk about this all day! I think I'll start with a story, cause I'm in a story mood. If you want to talk more theological points, just ask :)

When I was ~6 six years old, I was going through a really rough time in life. I was bogged down in the difficulties of life and in pain this existence can bring. I also felt weighed down for my own shortcomings- that I couldn’t do this or that, that I wasn’t good enough, or that I had done wrong things, even things which brought pain to those I loved. There was so much I regretted, so much I wanted to get away from—part of me even hated myself for all of this. I felt very alone in all this, that no one self could understand what I was going through.

During this time I would frequently go out the backyard swing set for solace to think with hanging upside on the monkey-bar swing for hours, just thinking. Sometimes I would get bogged down in my self-hatred. Sometimes I would say a prayer to fight off those demonic feelings. I wonder the purpose of it all. On one such day, a song came into my mind that I had learned at church that day:

“Heavenly Father, are you really there?
And do you hear and answer ev'ry child's prayer?
Some say that heaven is far away,
But I feel it close around me as I pray.
Heavenly Father, I remember now
Something that Jesus told disciples long ago:
"Suffer the children to come to me."
Father, in prayer I'm coming now to thee.”

I remembered that song. I remembered the story of Jesus which went along with it. I remembered how He asked specifically for the little children to come to Him, and blessed them. I remember how He lived, prayed, and died to understand all of us and to save us from evil. He suffered for all of it—He understood all of it—even the littlest thing. Like Jesus understood exactly what it was like to have a sister-with-a-temper! He also understood the more complicated things I was going through. And there was a reason for it! The end of all this struggle was so glorious—such amazing great things to come! God hadn’t forgotten about me or anything- I was His child- He cared beyond measure.

I sat on that swing and just poured my heart out in prayer. I can’t express the relief to have someone to talk to- to have someone to understand. That feelings of welcome and love….And then, to have someone to that could Heal on top of it—that knit up my heart so much that day. To express it in words…. “the best hug ever!” is what my little self called it.

As I grew up more, I had more moments and wavering and certainty in faith, and in God. I knew God was the person whom Understood everything I was going though: my wishes, my desires, my pains. I devote myself to Him every day: He is my Lord, my Savior, the only begotten Son of God.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you looking for answers? Or are you trying to convert?
No, and no. As I explained in my first post:
Hi,

Traditionally I've been about to make it to ~8 churches other than my own a year, but lately.... life has gotten crowded and I'm not able to physically visit nearly as often as I would like. Hence, my turning to online communities to talk to other people about faith there-- to love and to share with each other.
I love to talk about Christ and listen to other people talk about Christ-- celebration and joy!

Reactions: Nancy and Mayflower