Am I wrong

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is an issue of Faith. It is a first commandment issue, as well.
tell ya what show scripture that says them exact words baptism the 2nd time is sinful until then its just simply how you believe / convictions

Grams

Jul 11, 2017
brown city
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so glad we changed church's and started to read the bible.
We know we do not have to be baptized.......... We have it all upon belief.

Reactions: Helen

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My husband and 4 kids moved to a small town in Tennessee a few years ago. We had always attended Calvary Chapel but none here. We have tried a bunch of churches but they always reject me because I was not baptized properly.

I was born to parents that actively hated the church God, Jesus w extreme passion. I can say that I was born to love Christ. Even as a tiny girl, I can remember secretly reading my bible. I contribute this to a praying MIL but another story...my dad was very violent, like a trip to the ICU at age 3 violent. I was baptized at 15 at a football game by sprinkle and I really was putting myself in a lot of danger doing that.
Fast forward 30 years..everytime we try to join a church, they say I need to be baptized. I feel baptized..and my baptism came at personal cost that few will ever know and meant more to me accordingly. Getting baptized again makes me want to vomit, my skin crawls when idiots tell me that this extremely important spiritual moment where God spoke to me w prophetic news that came true was all a lie and God is a liar.
I quit trying to even go to church bc my husband would get so mad when they rejected me and then none went to church. Am I wrong not to go to church? Should I just take a bath in sanctuary to make idiots happy?
No, you need to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of your sins, not to make idiots happy.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
My husband and 4 kids moved to a small town in Tennessee a few years ago. We had always attended Calvary Chapel but none here. We have tried a bunch of churches but they always reject me because I was not baptized properly.

I was born to parents that actively hated the church God, Jesus w extreme passion. I can say that I was born to love Christ. Even as a tiny girl, I can remember secretly reading my bible. I contribute this to a praying MIL but another story...my dad was very violent, like a trip to the ICU at age 3 violent. I was baptized at 15 at a football game by sprinkle and I really was putting myself in a lot of danger doing that.
Fast forward 30 years..everytime we try to join a church, they say I need to be baptized. I feel baptized..and my baptism came at personal cost that few will ever know and meant more to me accordingly. Getting baptized again makes me want to vomit, my skin crawls when idiots tell me that this extremely important spiritual moment where God spoke to me w prophetic news that came true was all a lie and God is a liar.
I quit trying to even go to church bc my husband would get so mad when they rejected me and then none went to church. Am I wrong not to go to church? Should I just take a bath in sanctuary to make idiots happy?

Every church makes mountains out of molehills. That way they can keep control of everyone. I have been baptized twice by immersion. The first time was in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. The second time was in the name of Jesus which is the right way to baptize people.

I don't believe in formal church membership because you are a member when you are born again but I succumbed to one church just to keep the peace.

The best thing is to go with the flow unless you know what is being asked of you is totally contrary to scripture. If you go with the flow your relationship with God won't change or diminish.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are called to minister to the sick and visit the imprisoned; church bells will lead you there

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

God's grace is stronger than any opinion of man.
If the heart is hungry you can ask your heavenly father for direction but you need to ask...you need to be specific.
When genuine repentance pours from your heart God's ears are open and his unseen angels hasten to you for support.

If your cup is full you cannot expect anymore to be poured in.