Amazon is Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so is Twitter, Google and Apple. What are you going to do about it?
I quit them all.

I quit Twitter and Facebook a couple of years ago. I switched my browser to Brave and started using DuckDuckGo. I have GMX email address. I signed up for Gab but I probably won't really use it. I don't know people and I don't want to look for people because I'm worried about coming across other people from the past. I don't need YouTube.

I quit Amazon, too. I have LOTS and LOTS of Kindle books. Don't care. I'm done with them, too.

Still transferring my email. Takes some time.

Wait, I understand the Twitter thing but why all of those others?

Twitter and Facebook because of the censorship. Facebook also banned Trump, last I heard.
YouTube is also deplatforming YouTubers on a massive scale. (They tried to censor the ten commandments way back.)
Amazon is also AWZ. They shut down the servers for Parler.
Gmail/Hangouts/YT is Google. Google is atrocious for censorship. You can test this yourself by using Duck and Google side by side.
(If you really want to get mad at Google, check out Google's CEO, Sundar Pichai, speaking in congress.) Especially when it comes to their involvement with China.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I quit them all.

I quit Twitter and Facebook a couple of years ago. I switched my browser to Brave and started using DuckDuckGo. I have GMX email address. I signed up for Gab but I probably won't really use it. I don't know people and I don't want to look for people because I'm worried about coming across other people from the past. I don't need YouTube.

I quit Amazon, too. I have LOTS and LOTS of Kindle books. Don't care. I'm done with them, too.

Still transferring my email. Takes some time.

Twitter and Facebook because of the censorship. Facebook also banned Trump, last I heard.
YouTube is also deplatforming YouTubers on a massive scale. (They tried to censor the ten commandments way back.)
Amazon is also AWZ. They shut down the servers for Parler.
Gmail/Hangouts/YT is Google. Google is atrocious for censorship. You can test this yourself by using Duck and Google side by side.
(If you really want to get mad at Google, check out Google's CEO, Sundar Pichai, speaking in congress.) Especially when it comes to their involvement with China.
Hey fluffy I am on same page as you. Also I just downloaded brave last night. Takes a long time to get off an email address especially when you have used it to register for other services. Going to protonmail myself.

Reactions: DuckieLady

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey fluffy I am on same page as you. Also I just downloaded brave last night. Takes a long time to get off an email address especially when you have used it to register for other services. Going to protonmail myself.

Are you liking Brave so far? I really like it. Much more minimal and so much less ads. It's really nice actually. Protonmail is supposed to be good. Haven't used it personally.

So far I've only set up my email to the point where important emails are filtered to forward over to delete and send to GMX. It's going to take a bit to make sure I got it all. But at least I won't need to sign in.

Instagram, Pinterest, Reddit, Spotify, Shopify also banned Trump. I only used Reddit. Deactivated account and blocked.

I have purposed to do most of my shopping at local stores instead of Amazon. Buy local when I can.

That is a good idea, too.

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And so is Twitter, Google and Apple. What are you going to do about it?

Zuckerberg with Facebook as well...
Aside from finding alternative platforms i have pulled up the apps in the playstore and given them horrible 1 star reviews

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would really expect more people to join here as a result of people boycotting. At least a few.

The whole reason I came here was because I left Reddit and left r/TrueChristian as a result. Probably one of the worst places to be anyway. When I asked for suggestions, this one didn't come up. Nobody knew about it, apparently. They would have liked it. Found through DuckDuckGo, I believe.

@lforrest - Letting you know, too. Since you have an inside with the staff. People would come. (Other people are looking too.)

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WaterSong

Nov 9, 2020
Kansas City
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I reported it as I installed the parlor app 2 days ago, then deleted it, why does it want access to all phone calls. Parlor was nothing if they need amazon so bad
Parler's app was carried on Apple & Google App Store.

Google apps ask the same questions when at install stage. "Allow access to contacts & phone?"
Deny!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And clearly google steals personal info

I use KaiOS. Didn't need my info. I don't even think my name is on my phone plan. But unless you all want to use a flip phone you probably don't want that. Not sure of any other good alternative.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I use KaiOS. Didn't need my info. I don't even think my name is on my phone plan. But unless you all want to use a flip phone you probably don't want that. Not sure of any other good alternative.
Parlor is a spy app and people are defending it like it meant something

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They all do. But is it stealing if the user agrees to the terms of use? Or clicks, "Accept", on that google app that asks for access to their phone and contacts?
Why should I agree to let parlor have full access to my phone? People are referring to it as though it meant something, when it only pretended in order to gather info, just as tic tok is doing, and the usa allows that, trump tried to ban it but the commies prevented him