Amazon is Evil

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
I wonder if the push to "cloud" based hosting was intended to empower large hosting companies. Companies are moving away from having their own IT infostructure, or in house servers.

Reactions: historyb

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder if the push to "cloud" based hosting was intended to empower large hosting companies. Companies are moving away from having their own IT infostructure, or in house servers.
The cloud is the communist hive, microsoft invented it

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Parlor is a spy app and people are defending it like it meant something

The reality is I think most social media based apps collect contact information. (I haven't used too many so I don't really remember.) But if they want access to your contacts it's probably to collect data. I didn't sign up for Parler and would have to read the TOS to see what Parler can do with it, but I would think it would be used for a feature to invite people to join or a chat app, or something.

Contacts is one thing but your personal information is a bigger deal and probably everywhere. "People search engines" are proof of why you shouldn't give any information out at all. My grandfather didn't use a computer and when he died I couldn't find anything on him at all besides his obituary.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reality is I think most social media based apps collect contact information. (I haven't used too many so I don't really remember.) But if they want access to your contacts it's probably to collect data. I didn't sign up for Parler and would have to read the TOS to see what Parler can do with it, but I would think it would be used for a feature to invite people to join or a chat app, or something.

Contacts is one thing but your personal information is a bigger deal and probably everywhere. "People search engines" are proof of why you shouldn't give any information out at all. My grandfather didn't use a computer and when he died I couldn't find anything on him at all besides his obituary.
I downloaded parlor 2 days ago because fox news was crying about it. I soon deleted it because it was a senseless jumble of nothing that wanted to know who I called without explaining why

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm still trying to figure out if NO AMAZON.... Where am I going to order my flannelette pyjamas and elephant slippers!

Reactions: DuckieLady

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would really expect more people to join here as a result of people boycotting. At least a few.

The whole reason I came here was because I left Reddit and left r/TrueChristian as a result. Probably one of the worst places to be anyway. When I asked for suggestions, this one didn't come up. Nobody knew about it, apparently. They would have liked it. Found through DuckDuckGo, I believe.

@lforrest - Letting you know, too. Since you have an inside with the staff. People would come. (Other people are looking too.)
Many of the christian forums sights were somewhat problematic I found. This one seems quite good. Another one that has just started is well run as well (christiangab.com)

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'd agree however, haven't they swung toward being somewhat bias against Trump of late? I've heard this but haven't paid them regular attention to know if there has been that deep a switch, or swing, as it were.

I don't know I haven't been on the channel for a while. I will go check them out.

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firefox have gone done the path of evil now, they want to get rid of us as Christina and Conservatives. We need more than deplatforming – The Mozilla Blog. I started with them when they first started after Netscape in the late 90's now they stab people in the back.

Alternative browsers are:

• Pale Moon (It started as a takeoff of firefox but is it's own thing now and I use it because it works with old firefox extensions)
  • Basilisk (A new browser from the Pale moon folks)
  • LibreWolf (just downloaded this haven't used it yet)
  • Vavadi (good privacy browser)
  • Brave
  • Opera
This video talks about alternative browsers, he is also a Christian.

I also do not use Windows on my Computer. I use Linux specifically Linux Mint which is really great and easy to use.

I have found quite by accident a great alternative to Google Play Store which is called APKPure it's really good and anything not Google is good. For a browser for smart phones would be DuckDuckGo, it is great and mindful of privacy and freedom unlike google.

Last edited:

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Dan Bongino says they don't collect data. But who can you trust these days. Money usually corrupts.

wip

Dec 29, 2020
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Firefox have gone done the path of evil now, they want to get rid of us as Christina and Conservatives. We need more than deplatforming – The Mozilla Blog. I started with them when they first started after Netscape in the late 90's now they stab people in the back.

Alternative browsers are:

• Pale Moon (It started as a takeoff of firefox but is it's own thing now and I use it because it works with old firefox extensions)
  • Basilisk (A new browser from the Pale moon folks)
  • LibreWolf (just downloaded this haven't used it yet)
  • Vavadi (good privacy browser)
  • Brave
  • Opera
This video talks about alternative browsers, he is also a Christian.

I also do not use Windows on my Computer. I use Linux specifically Linux Mint which is really great and easy to use.

I have found quite by accident a great alternative to Google Play Store which is called APKPure it's really good and anything not Google is good. For a browser for smart phones would be DuckDuckGo, it is great and mindful of privacy and freedom unlike google.
Nice, I use ubuntu myself. Thought I should try the mint as well. Just grabbed brave last night. Already use the duck. Did I miss something about phones - if you want to ditch apple and Google/android there isn't much else.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is that a Linux Distro for phones?

I don't know about the Distro part, but I know that it is based off of Linux. It doesn't do a lot. I can listen to podcasts. Play some quirky games, but mostly it does what I got it for, which is to call people and spend 10 minutes trying to type out a 160 character message on T9.

Reactions: wip

historyb

Mar 10, 2011
in a house
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nice, I use ubuntu myself. Thought I should try the mint as well. Just grabbed brave last night. Already use the duck. Did I miss something about phones - if you want to ditch apple and Google/android there isn't much else.

You may have to use Android but you don't have to use Google and there is the new Pine phone https://www.pine64.org/pinephone/ which doesn't use Google

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so is Twitter, Google and Apple. What are you going to do about it?
As the conservative movement spreads, there will be more options and recommendations for our users. Twitter just lost 12 percent of it's worth this week so for.

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And so is Twitter, Google and Apple. What are you going to do about it?
All organizations outside God are evil in some sense. I agree that they are stifling freedom. I don't know what I can do about that.

Alvertsky

Jan 10, 2021
Corolla NC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All organizations outside God are evil in some sense. I agree that they are stifling freedom. I don't know what I can do about that.
But not all organizations are closing churches like the american government is

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just an update for people that don't know:

Twitter and Facebook combined have lost 51 billion so far as a result and I'm willing to bet a large amount of that came from people boycotting.

Owned.

Reactions: wip and historyb