America is Babylon

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
New Hampshire's North Woods
One only has to look at the developments in the world today to understand who the enemy of Yeshua really is. Islam is the system that denies Yeshua as the Son of Yahweh. Islam is the system who is consolidating the Middle East into a organized force (Caliphate) against the forces of righteousness. It is Islam who considers Jerusalem as a Holy Site and desires to rule their United States of Islam from there. It is Islam who has no interest in political agreement but is only interested in ruling the world for Allah and as such it is their intent to destroy all of those who do not bow to Allah.

Islam has been the opposing system against Yahwehs people since the beginning and will be the ones who come against Yeshua in the end.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

Well said.

Islam is definetly the religion of the beast(s).

Kings are falling in the Arab world and it's pretty much falling apart and becoming more radical. I say the formation of some of these beast are coming.
But if people are waiting for a rapture and a global dictator with a one world religion, a peace treaty with Israel and a rebuilt temple....and it never comes to pass...
How much more will the "prophecy experts!" fabricate and deny the truth.

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Well said.

Islam is definetly the religion of the beast(s).

Kings are falling in the Arab world and it's pretty much falling apart and becoming more radical. I say the formation of some of these beast are coming.
But if people are waiting for a rapture and a global dictator with a one world religion, a peace treaty with Israel and a rebuilt temple....and it never comes to pass...
How much more will the "prophecy experts!" fabricate and deny the truth.

Hi kaoticprofit; I'm glad that someone out there has a grasp of the truth...too many people still believe a fairy tale it seems.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
One only has to look at the developments in the world today to understand who the enemy of Yeshua really is. Islam is the system that denies Yeshua as the Son of Yahweh. Islam is the system who is consolidating the Middle East into a organized force (Caliphate) against the forces of righteousness. It is Islam who considers Jerusalem as a Holy Site and desires to rule their United States of Islam from there. It is Islam who has no interest in political agreement but is only interested in ruling the world for Allah and as such it is their intent to destroy all of those who do not bow to Allah.

Islam has been the opposing system against Yahwehs people since the beginning and will be the ones who come against Yeshua in the end.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

You may be correct.

Ever since 911 many of our modern day "prophecy experts" are thinking that way .

The awaited Islamic Imam (messiah) sounds like a perfect anti-christ ...... and he is expected to come from underground (pit) (well)

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Kaotic, I don't know if you were referring to me or not but I never claimed that any beast was the USA. I claim that the Harlot of Rev. 17 is and she is never described as a "beast".

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
thanks, but not interested any more with the idea that America is Babylon. It's not a Biblical teaching, period. And if you keep on believing it, you'll miss a lot of the forewarnings our Lord Jesus gave us about the end time beast kingdom and beast king, and won't be prepared for what's coming.

Hi Veteran .... I am not going to disagree with you but when you look at some of the attributes of Babylon they sure sound just like New York .... I am talking about the center of world trade and commerce and wealth and the United nations and being a seaport and all.

just sayn' .... and how about Hollywood and the influence of her adulteries worldwide .... think about it.

I do not hold the view that America (or parts of it) are Babylon .... but gosh sakes ... some of the attributes fit exactly .... and a bunch do not of course.

The mystery of "Mystery Babylon" continues.

I readily accept the confusion , and I am a part of it of course .... but what keeps me hooked is the part where it says something about .... "wisdom can solve the riddle" (my words)

I read most of your posts Veteran and I appreciate all the thought you put into them.
I feel you are correct more often than not.
Best wishes sir.

Eltanin

Aug 22, 2012
SEMO
It's been a long time since I stepped into an End-times conversation...

I used to believe that the USA was Babylon... and I thought I had it all figured out.

Then it occurred to me that cities reign nations... but that there is one organization that rules nations that is not a nation, but it is stationed in cities... but some people already had interpretations incorporating the UN... LOL

... But I realized that I was always getting a grand idea, and then trying to stuff it into the cookie cutter shape the Bible explained.

I remember people arguing the city idea, and that the city might actually be a nation... The Vatican was pegged as Babylon, The United States was pegged... Heck someone I talked to once had themselves convinced that Amsterdam was Babylon...

I never really lost interest in eschatology, but I realized I was not DOING anything by trying to interpret it.

I still have a look once in awhile... but I think I understand now: It isn't meant to be understood now, it is meant to be a proof once the End has happened... and a warning for us that it is going to happen.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Eltanin, Your words: "But I realized that I was always getting a grand idea, and then trying to stuff it into the cookie cutter shape the Bible explained...." I still have a look once in awhile... but I think I understand now: It isn't meant to be understood now, it is meant to be a proof once the End has happened."

Rev.1:3 - :"Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near."

I believe that Revelations is meant to be understood by those whom it will effect, the last-day believers or else how could we "keep" that which we don't understand.

Do I believe I have it all "figured out"? Sometimes. I know what I believe, why I believe it and I can back it up with scripture, however, am I going to stake my life upon a belief with stubborness born out of spiritual pride? Absolutely not! No one knows what the "seven thunders" are and that could throw all our beliefs and opinions into a tailspin. I think the best way to say it is that I believe what I believe based upon the revealed knowledge that we have to date. Could God reveal something that may change my mind? Absolutely, and I'm always asking for wisdom and understanding concerning these events.

I just share what I believe. I'm not trying to attract "converts" to my way of thinking. If we all share what God has shown us and keep stubborness and spiritual pride out of it, than maybe in unity with our Savior, we can come to the right knowledge together, working hand in hand, for the benefit of the Body of Christ to whom we all belong. Amen?

Saint

Apr 7, 2012
Bible Belt
Rest assured...no one has it all "figured out"; if man did then there wouldn't be 1000 different understandingsl and we wouldn't be having these discussions. :)

I feel when we finialy understand the truth we will be totally surprised!

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Hi Kaotic, I don't know if you were referring to me or not but I never claimed that any beast was the USA. I claim that the Harlot of Rev. 17 is and she is never described as a "beast".

Babylon the Great is Islam. The two horned beast is figurative of the two major sects of Islam. The harlot is figurative of Islam and her jihadist offspring who by terrorism and demographics want to clean the world of all non Muslim's and whose ultimate goal is world domination. They're the ones filling the harlot's cup. The word 'sits upon' means to occupy. The beast is figurative of a ten nation Islamic empire....occupied by Islam. tThe beast is said to rise out of the Great sea which is the Meditterranean. The US isn't on the Med...

God say's He will raise up the Babylonian's in the last day's. Not the American's.
Habakkuk 1:6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs.

The evil one is destined to originate from the Grecian Empire in Daniel 2 and 8.

Daniel 2:43  And whereas thou sawest iron mixed with miry clay, they shall mingle themselves with the seed of men: but they shall not cleave one to another, even as iron is not mixed with clay.

The word mingle is Aramaic for ARAB. How does that imply an American.

The great horn (Alexander) and the king of fierce countenance that comes from it comes from Greece.

Daniel 8:21  And the rough goat is the king of Grecia: and the great horn that is between his eyes is the first king.

22  Now that being broken, whereas four stood up for it,

four kingdoms shall stand up out of the nation, but not in his power. (Maybe the four from Daniel 7)

23  And in the latter time of their kingdom, when the transgressors are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and understanding dark sentences, shall stand up.

24  And his power shall be mighty, but not by his own power: and he shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mighty and the holy people.

25  And through his policy also he shall cause craft to prosper in his hand; and he shall magnify himself in his heart, and by peace shall destroy many: he shall also stand up against the Prince of princes; but he shall be broken without hand.

The man of sin is said to come out of the root of Antiochus which is also a fragment of the old Grecian empire.

In Daniel 11, the Antichrist as the king of the North. Jeremiah called the king of the North and the land of the North the territory of the Assyria and Babylon. Not the USA.

Isaiah 10 and 14 say the antichrist is an Assyrian. Not an American.
What will America do to be drunk with the blood of the saints?
How the USA would fulfill all the prophecies of the harlot is beyond me! It's a complete misguided fabrication.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Kaotic, Your words: "The beast is said to rise out of the Great sea which is the Meditterranean. The US isn't on the Med..."

The words "great sea" aren't in the text and it is only an assumption that it is referring to the Med. sea.

Your reference: "Habakkuk 1:6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs."

The book of Habakkuk was written prior to the 70 yr. Babylonian captivity and this particular verse was fulfilled millennia ago.

Your words: "The word mingle is Aramaic for ARAB. How does that imply an American. "

The word arab doesn't imply an "Arabian", it's the Heb,/Chald. word for "mingle" . It is implying that all though members of a future ten nation are united politically, they will not remain "united" as iron doesn't mix with clay. Any reference to Islam is assumed, not scriptural.

Your words: "Jeremiah called the king of the North and the land of the North the territory of the Assyria and Babylon"

Well back then, they were and even today it could be so considered.

Your words: "The beast is figurative of a ten nation Islamic empire....occupied by Islam."

I sort of go along with this, but I believe Israel will be under his reign as well, and it's regarding the beast of Rev. 17, not the one of Rev. 13.

Your words: "Isaiah 10 and 14 say the antichrist is an Assyrian. Not an American."

Isaiah doesn't say the Assyrian is the a/c, that is assumed. Will a prophesied "Assyrian" arise and perhaps start WW3? I agree it will probably happen, but that doesn't make him the a/c any more than Hitler and the Emperor of Japan were "the" a/c for instigating WW2.

To re-quote your words: How a desert wasteland like Babylon and Assyria would fulfill all the prophecies of the harlot as shown in Rev. 18 is beyond me! It's a complete misguided fabrication!

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Hi Kaotic, Your words: "The beast is said to rise out of the Great sea which is the Meditterranean. The US isn't on the Med..."

The words "great sea" aren't in the text and it is only an assumption that it is referring to the Med. sea.

[sub]It isn't??? I guess you're having trouble following along.[/sub]

[sub]Daniel 7:2  Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.[/sub]

Your reference:

[sub]"Habakkuk 1:6 For, lo, I raise up the Chaldeans, that bitter and hasty nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possess the dwellingplaces that are not theirs."[/sub]

The book of Habakkuk was written prior to the 70 yr. Babylonian captivity and this particular verse was fulfilled millennia ago.

[sub]I don't believe that![/sub]

[sub]Habakkuk 2:2  And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.[/sub]

[sub]3  For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.[/sub]

Your words: "The word mingle is Aramaic for ARAB. How does that imply an American. "

The word arab doesn't imply an "Arabian", it's the Heb,/Chald. word for "mingle" . It is implying that all though members of a future ten nation are united politically, they will not remain "united" as iron doesn't mix with clay. Any reference to Islam is assumed, not scriptural.

[sub]Wrong again...[/sub]

[sub]The word is an Aramaic word and it does imply an Arabian![/sub]

[sub]http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H6151&t=KJV[/sub]

[sub]Are you still in denial?[/sub]

Your words: "Isaiah 10 and 14 say the antichrist is an Assyrian. Not an American."

[sub]Isaiah doesn't say the Assyrian is the a/c, that is assumed. Will a prophesied "Assyrian" arise and perhaps start WW3? I agree it will probably happen, but that doesn't make him the a/c any more than Hitler and the Emperor of Japan were "the" a/c for instigating WW2.[/sub]

[sub]It's not assumed it's clearly implied![/sub]

[sub]An Assyrian (Babylonian) is in complete accord with Daniel 2, 7, 9, 11 Hab. 1 etc.[/sub]

[sub]If you want to debate this have at it![/sub]

[sub]http://www.christianityboard.com/topic/14617-the-assyrian-anti-christ/[/sub]

[sub]To re-quote your words: How a desert wasteland like Babylon and Assyria would fulfill all the prophecies of the harlot as shown in Rev. 18 is beyond me! It's a complete misguided fabrication![/sub]

[sub]That's not what I said,[/sub]

[sub]This is what I said,[/sub]

[sub]What will America do to be drunk with the blood of the saints?
How the USA would fulfill all the prophecies of the harlot is beyond me! It's a complete misguided fabrication.
[/sub]

[sub]Being that you brought "the wilderness" up. How can the US be the harlot when John was carried into the 'dessert' to see the woman sit upon the beast when the word wildrerness in Rev.17 is better translated 'dessert!' Washington DC or New York City isn't in a dessert! Sounds more like Mecca to me! You call this the USA!!![/sub]

[sub]Revelation 17:3  So he carried me away in the spirit into the wilderness: and I saw a woman sit upon a scarlet coloured beast, full of names of blasphemy, having seven heads and ten horns.[/sub]

[sub]http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=G2048&t=KJV[/sub]

Hi kaoticprofit; I'm glad that someone out there has a grasp of the truth...too many people still believe a fairy tale it seems.

In Yeshua Messiah,

Bob
Too many people still believe the teachings of the reformers and their end-time kronies who are convinvced that Rome is the end-time Babylon. The prophecy experts have promoted this Revived Roman Empire for so long they have most Christian's completely indoctrinated. These 'experts' have made thousands even millions promoting a false theory of prophecy. I don't think they will ever come out of denial. If they did they would have to admit they've been wrong and made millions on false teachings!

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Kaotic, Your scripture: [sub]Daniel 7:2[/sub][sub]  Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.[/sub]

As pointed out in another post the beast of Dan. 7 is not the same as the beast of Rev. 13. Yes, the beast of Rev. 13 is made up of parts of what these beasts represented but that's all, imo.

Your words regarding Habakkuk" [sub]I don't believe that![/sub]

It's history, research it for yourself.

Your words: [sub]The word is an Aramaic word and it does imply an Arabian![/sub]

My Strong's H6151 says "Chaldean" not Aramaic but neither 6151 nor 6148 suggest or implies "Arabian" as a definition.

Your words: "[sub]How can the US be the harlot when John was carried into the 'dessert' to see the woman sit upon the beast when the word wildrerness in Rev.17 is better translated 'dessert[/sub]."

I guess there are three ways to look at this. Your way which suggests the beast is in the wilderness, another way is that John was brought to the wilderness for a private vision as Christ was led into the wilderness when he was tempted or my option, in the same manner US money influences these desert nations today, it can do so in the future without actually "abiding" there. Remember, I agree that the beast of Rev. 17 will be among those nations, but the USA (harlot) imo, will be the one pulling the pursestrings. That's why the beast hates her just as those present nations do today.

Your words: "[sub]An Assyrian (Babylonian) is in complete accord with Daniel 2, 7, 9, 11 Hab. 1 etc[/sub].

and again I say that just because a person of that descent may cause WW3, it doesn't make them the a/c. A Jew would fit those parameters as well, if it a jew happened to be in charge of that 10-nation confederacy.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Michael .... how do you make the connection between those parts of rev 11 with the city of babylon ?

I am not saying it is , or isn't .... Babylon ....    I don't need a bunch of scriptures or a whole lot of info ... so if you can give me a couple of quick pointers is fine. (no hurry)- (you sound busy)

Interesting your "feelings" around WTC .... I have never been there yet .....

By the way , every once in a while New York seems to fit (some of) the Babylon descriptions .... revelation can make my mind go off in strange directions sometimes.

thanks.

Hello Arnie, I'm not sure that it is appropriate to assume that the city of revelation 11(?) is Babylon, but let me explain my thinking here. The passages in Revelation about Babylon are parallel passages to Jeremiah chapter 51. The prophecy found in Jeremiah had it's fulfillment in the fall and destruction of Babylon long before they are repeated in the book of the Revelation. Some people believe that the city of Babylon must be rebuilt in order for the scripture in Revelation to find fulfillment, but many things in scripture are understood to be symbolic representations of something else of a spiritual nature. The Lord could certainly have men rebuild Babylon to ensure that the literal expression of His word is fulfilled, but He doesn't have to do that to keep His word, when His word is fulfilled in a spiritual way. The problem with taking anything from scripture in a non-literal way is that it leaves too much room for misinterpretation. I grew up in a suburb of NYC and as a teen I would take trips into the city with my buddies to "have fun" shopping at stores that were different from what we had available in the suburbs, and also to see unusual sights that you generally wouldn't see in the suburbs e.g. street people, many with apparent mental disorders, doing bizarre things, hookers and transvestites working the alleys and shady doorways of the hotels and "adult entertainment" businesses of west 42nd Street, and the like. I always had something of a love/hate relationship with the city as a youth. My perspective has changed somewhat as an adult, especially since the day I was born again in Christ Jesus, but I often feel like Lot making judgments in the gates of Sodom. Lot is called "righteous" in the scripture, and as one who feared God, but he made foolish choices and escaped the fate of Sodom with little more than the clothes on his back. Prior to the 9/11 attacks I was engaged in posting warnings of impending judgment upon our nation, largely drawn upon Old Testament scripture, and the general warnings that the prophets gave to the nations. God does not change. His character is described as love, but also as just, and justice can't allow unrighteousness to continue forever as it is the source of such great sorrow, pain, and suffering. I don't believe for a moment that the postings I made back then were motivated by my own heart's desire, but rather out of a fear of the things that would come upon this nation as the result of our rejection of the God of the Word. "In God we Trust" is a meaningless motto when the god you place your faith in is "Mammon." I believe that the World trade center was targeted in part because the terrorists believed that its fall would do greater damage to the city than it actually did, but I also believe that it was targeted for what it represented; World trade dominated by the U.S. as the most powerful of the superpowers still in existence, consuming the resources of nations and exporting Arms, pornography, and a concept of freedom which is more about licentiousness than the Christian concept of freedom to serve God in righteousness. New York City is still seen as a center of world trade by many in the world. People are drawn to it believing that in it are their only chance of a successful career, fame and fortune, a name and a place for themselves. The streets of the city are littered with broken dreams in the faces of panhandlers and others just struggling to survive. Its like a microcosm of the world and the world is judged. The scripture tells us that we, as Christians, are to be looking for another home that is not of this world, another city not built by the hands of men. Scripture points to a judgment upon the whole earth, not just on one city that represents the earth, yet I believe that the Babylon of revelation is just that, a city that represents the hopes and aspirations of the world, like that ancient tower called "babel" than men built to reach up into the heavens. God promises His own not just a kingdom, but a new heavens and a new earth. Chapters 33 and 34 of Isaiah give visions of the day of the Lord, the day of His judgment and they aren't limited to those few nations that are actually mentioned. The western world was unknown for the most part, at the time of the writing of the book of Isaiah and any direct references to the United States would have been totally meaningless and totally unnecessary. Those that aren't among the redeemed remain children of wrath as we all once were. Those passages in Isaiah actually suggest that the redeemed of the Lord will be witnesses of God's judgment upon the earth and will walk out among the burned and destroyed cities with tears in their eyes over the fierceness of God's wrath. The bible suggests that the earth will be turned into hell with rivers of burning pitch and the slain of the Lord everywhere, but also points to a new land, a new home for the redeemed of the Lord, where the Lord will pour out healing upon His people and will reign in righteousness. We generally would prefer to spiritualize the meanings of these passages, as the wrath of God against sin and rebellion doesn't quite square with Jesus when He's portrayed as the gentle lamb slain for the transgressions of the world. We know Him in the context of God's grace, but the world will know Him in the context of God's wrath. We prefer to think that God would cast everyone that hasn't believed in Christ into a burning hell for all eternity, rather than consider the notion that He will bring judgment against all flesh in some moment of time that we might actually experience. I don't deny the existence of an eternal judgment as Jesus taught about such things Himself, but its a bit easier to imagine a judgment against everyone else that will happen when we aren't there to see it, than to believe that we will have to watch as those who dismissed the Lord and His shed blood as a common thing, are made to suffer His indignation. Jesus was filled with sorrow at the notion of the impending judgment of Jerusalem, how should we feel about what is coming upon the whole earth? I'll be turning 56 years of age in a few weeks and I can't believe the things that my eyes have been witness to, what more can I expect to see within a few more years? The scriptures speak of men longing for death and not being able to find it. If I didn't know Christ, I would have no hope for comfort, so I continue to preach Him to anyone with an ear to hear, so that some might be saved in the hearing. It's a little thing if someone doesn't regard what I say as truthful; men reject the truth every single day of their lives. But there is joy in heaven over every soul that hears the Lord and turns to Him for salvation. Who are we to remain silent? Yet, we can debate over which place is the Babylon of the book of the revelation, and who is the anti-Christ or who bears his mark, while billions continue their walk down the road to destruction, completely oblivious to the truth that salvation is as close to them as the words of their mouths.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
Hi Vet, That's ok but as for your statement: "It's not a Biblical teaching, period." I believe there are more scriptual foundations for this belief than any other. God told us in Rev. 17:9 that it takes "wisdom" to understand these things. Imo, those who fall for the obvious are the ones who are missing the boat and lacking in wisdom, but again that's just my opinion.

You've just been 'tricked' into a lie, and don't yet know it. You will understand the 'wisdom' of that statement in time, but maybe not right now.

It's been a long time since I stepped into an End-times conversation...

I used to believe that the USA was Babylon... and I thought I had it all figured out.

Then it occurred to me that cities reign nations... but that there is one organization that rules nations that is not a nation, but it is stationed in cities... but some people already had interpretations incorporating the UN... LOL

... But I realized that I was always getting a grand idea, and then trying to stuff it into the cookie cutter shape the Bible explained.

I remember people arguing the city idea, and that the city might actually be a nation... The Vatican was pegged as Babylon, The United States was pegged... Heck someone I talked to once had themselves convinced that Amsterdam was Babylon...

I never really lost interest in eschatology, but I realized I was not DOING anything by trying to interpret it.

I still have a look once in awhile... but I think I understand now: It isn't meant to be understood now, it is meant to be a proof once the End has happened... and a warning for us that it is going to happen.

That's actually a very revealing Message. I put 'Message' in bold because I think that's from the Holy Spirit speaking through you, especially with your very last statement.

The early Church was looking for the coming of the Antichrist, because he was prophesied to come in the Scriptures. The Reformers thought the pope was the Antichrist in their days because of the tribulations of the day. Then it was natural for some to start labeling Hitler as the Antichrist because of the atrocities of that time.

In all of those eras where they were 'looking' for prophecy fulfillment of the coming Antichrist, their errors came from mis-assigning specific prophetic parameters (i.e., the coming final 'psuedo-Christ' is prophesied to appear in Jerusalem, not Rome, not Berlin, nor New York for today either). It's the doing of that mis-assigning that allows men's doctrines to come about as to end-time events. Some even go so far with that mis-assigning that they turn the symbolic parameters of our Lord's Revelation into spiritualistic meanings only, destroying their purpose as literal markers.

revturmoil

Feb 26, 2011
Hi Kaotic, Your scripture: [sub]Daniel 7:2[/sub][sub]  Daniel spake and said, I saw in my vision by night, and, behold, the four winds of the heaven strove upon the great sea.[/sub]

As pointed out in another post the beast of Dan. 7 is not the same as the beast of Rev. 13. Yes, the beast of Rev. 13 is made up of parts of what these beasts represented but that's all, imo.

Your words regarding Habakkuk" [sub]I don't believe that![/sub]

It's history, research it for yourself.

Your words: [sub]The word is an Aramaic word and it does imply an Arabian![/sub]

My Strong's H6151 says "Chaldean" not Aramaic but neither 6151 nor 6148 suggest or implies "Arabian" as a definition.

Your words: "[sub]How can the US be the harlot when John was carried into the 'dessert' to see the woman sit upon the beast when the word wildrerness in Rev.17 is better translated 'dessert[/sub]."

I guess there are three ways to look at this. Your way which suggests the beast is in the wilderness, another way is that John was brought to the wilderness for a private vision as Christ was led into the wilderness when he was tempted or my option, in the same manner US money influences these desert nations today, it can do so in the future without actually "abiding" there. Remember, I agree that the beast of Rev. 17 will be among those nations, but the USA (harlot) imo, will be the one pulling the pursestrings. That's why the beast hates her just as those present nations do today.

Your words: "[sub]An Assyrian (Babylonian) is in complete accord with Daniel 2, 7, 9, 11 Hab. 1 etc[/sub].

and again I say that just because a person of that descent may cause WW3, it doesn't make them the a/c. A Jew would fit those parameters as well, if it a jew happened to be in charge of that 10-nation confederacy.

It really doesn't matter if it's Chaldean or Aramaic.

I know the history of Babylon. It's clear to me that the experts have made a colossal blunder about Habukkuk 1 too! I say it has not been fulfilled!

Some people tried to tell me Isaiah 10 and 14 have already been fulfilled by Sennacherib. But that can easily be proven wrong.

There are things mentioned in Hab. 1 that didn't happen in the Babylonian captivity and things that contradict it being historical.

[sub]Habakkuk 2:2[/sub][sub]  And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.[/sub]

[sub]3  For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry.[/sub]

When you look at Strong's it say's Aramaic! And look at what Gesenius say's at the bottom of the page. He quotes the word as a Chaldean term but defines it as AN ARABIAN! Vine's say's 'ARABIA'!

[sub]http://www.bluelette...=KJV</span></u>[/sub][sub]word arab[/sub]

As far as what beast are what..... I'm not sure what beast are what between Daniel and Revelation.

veteran

Aug 6, 2010
Southeast USA
It really doesn't matter if it's Chaldean or Aramaic.

I know the history of Babylon. It's clear to me that the experts have made a colossal blunder about Habukkuk 1 too! I say it has not been fulfilled!

Some people tried to tell me Isaiah 10 and 14 have already been fulfilled by Sennacherib. But that can easily be proven wrong.

There are things mentioned in Hab. 1 that didn't happen in the Babylonian captivity and things that contradict it being historical.

[sub]Habakkuk 2:2[/sub][sub]  And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it.[/sub]

When you look at Strong's it say's Aramaic! And look at what Gesenius say's at the bottom of the page. He quotes the word as a Chaldean term but defines it as AN ARABIAN! Vine's say's 'ARABIA'!

[sub]http://www.bluelette...=KJV</span></u>[/sub][sub]word arab[/sub]

As far as what beast are what..... I'm not sure what beast are what between Daniel and Revelation.

Your Jewish hatred of radical Islam and Arabs is well noted.

But NONE of them is going to be the coming Antichrist that's going to sit in a rebuilt JEWISH temple in Jerusalem, and proclaim himself as God, with the majority of the world bowing to him in place of The Messiah.

The Messiah came already by the way. He is the Jesus of Nazareth which Satan's servants in Jerusalem murdered.

tgwprophet

Jul 9, 2011
Lehigh Acres, Florida
Not verbatim i think... And i saw a woman clothed with the sun and the moon at her feet...

I thought about that and pondered...
Could the prophet have seen the statue of liberty? The sun clothing her all the while seeing the moon reflefted in the waters surrounding her? For sometimes the moon is outt in broad daylight.

Trekson

Jul 24, 2012
Kentucky
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Terry, At the point you're talking about I believe is a recreation, sort of , of Joseph's dream in Gen. 37:9-10. However, in the OP I wrote this: "Now when I read this description of the woman on the beast in Rev. 17:4 - “The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries“. (NIV) The first thing I think of is the Statue of Liberty draped in the flag of our nation and how we are known as a country of riches."

Arnie Manitoba

Mar 8, 2011
Manitoba Canada
Hello Arnie, I'm not sure that it is appropriate to assume that the city of revelation 11(?) is Babylon, but let me explain my thinking here. The passages in Revelation about Babylon are parallel passages to Jeremiah chapter 51. The prophecy found in Jeremiah had it's fulfillment in the fall and destruction of Babylon long before they are repeated in the book of the Revelation. Some people believe that the city of Babylon must be rebuilt in order for the scripture in Revelation to find fulfillment, but many things in scripture are understood to be symbolic representations of something else of a spiritual nature. The Lord could certainly have men rebuild Babylon to ensure that the literal expression of His word is fulfilled, but He doesn't have to do that to keep His word, when His word is fulfilled in a spiritual way. The problem with taking anything from scripture in a non-literal way is that it leaves too much room for misinterpretation. I grew up in a suburb of NYC and as a teen I would take trips into the city with my buddies to "have fun" shopping at stores that were different from what we had available in the suburbs, and also to see unusual sights that you generally wouldn't see in the suburbs e.g. street people, many with apparent mental disorders, doing bizarre things, hookers and transvestites working the alleys and shady doorways of the hotels and "adult entertainment" businesses of west 42nd Street, and the like. I always had something of a love/hate relationship with the city as a youth. My perspective has changed somewhat as an adult, especially since the day I was born again in Christ Jesus, but I often feel like Lot making judgments in the gates of Sodom. Lot is called "righteous" in the scripture, and as one who feared God, but he made foolish choices and escaped the fate of Sodom with little more than the clothes on his back. Prior to the 9/11 attacks I was engaged in posting warnings of impending judgment upon our nation, largely drawn upon Old Testament scripture, and the general warnings that the prophets gave to the nations. God does not change. His character is described as love, but also as just, and justice can't allow unrighteousness to continue forever as it is the source of such great sorrow, pain, and suffering. I don't believe for a moment that the postings I made back then were motivated by my own heart's desire, but rather out of a fear of the things that would come upon this nation as the result of our rejection of the God of the Word. "In God we Trust" is a meaningless motto when the god you place your faith in is "Mammon." I believe that the World trade center was targeted in part because the terrorists believed that its fall would do greater damage to the city than it actually did, but I also believe that it was targeted for what it represented; World trade dominated by the U.S. as the most powerful of the superpowers still in existence, consuming the resources of nations and exporting Arms, pornography, and a concept of freedom which is more about licentiousness than the Christian concept of freedom to serve God in righteousness. New York City is still seen as a center of world trade by many in the world. People are drawn to it believing that in it are their only chance of a successful career, fame and fortune, a name and a place for themselves. The streets of the city are littered with broken dreams in the faces of panhandlers and others just struggling to survive. Its like a microcosm of the world and the world is judged. The scripture tells us that we, as Christians, are to be looking for another home that is not of this world, another city not built by the hands of men. Scripture points to a judgment upon the whole earth, not just on one city that represents the earth, yet I believe that the Babylon of revelation is just that, a city that represents the hopes and aspirations of the world, like that ancient tower called "babel" than men built to reach up into the heavens. God promises His own not just a kingdom, but a new heavens and a new earth. Chapters 33 and 34 of Isaiah give visions of the day of the Lord, the day of His judgment and they aren't limited to those few nations that are actually mentioned. The western world was unknown for the most part, at the time of the writing of the book of Isaiah and any direct references to the United States would have been totally meaningless and totally unnecessary. Those that aren't among the redeemed remain children of wrath as we all once were. Those passages in Isaiah actually suggest that the redeemed of the Lord will be witnesses of God's judgment upon the earth and will walk out among the burned and destroyed cities with tears in their eyes over the fierceness of God's wrath. The bible suggests that the earth will be turned into hell with rivers of burning pitch and the slain of the Lord everywhere, but also points to a new land, a new home for the redeemed of the Lord, where the Lord will pour out healing upon His people and will reign in righteousness. We generally would prefer to spiritualize the meanings of these passages, as the wrath of God against sin and rebellion doesn't quite square with Jesus when He's portrayed as the gentle lamb slain for the transgressions of the world. We know Him in the context of God's grace, but the world will know Him in the context of God's wrath. We prefer to think that God would cast everyone that hasn't believed in Christ into a burning hell for all eternity, rather than consider the notion that He will bring judgment against all flesh in some moment of time that we might actually experience. I don't deny the existence of an eternal judgment as Jesus taught about such things Himself, but its a bit easier to imagine a judgment against everyone else that will happen when we aren't there to see it, than to believe that we will have to watch as those who dismissed the Lord and His shed blood as a common thing, are made to suffer His indignation. Jesus was filled with sorrow at the notion of the impending judgment of Jerusalem, how should we feel about what is coming upon the whole earth? I'll be turning 56 years of age in a few weeks and I can't believe the things that my eyes have been witness to, what more can I expect to see within a few more years? The scriptures speak of men longing for death and not being able to find it. If I didn't know Christ, I would have no hope for comfort, so I continue to preach Him to anyone with an ear to hear, so that some might be saved in the hearing. It's a little thing if someone doesn't regard what I say as truthful; men reject the truth every single day of their lives. But there is joy in heaven over every soul that hears the Lord and turns to Him for salvation. Who are we to remain silent? Yet, we can debate over which place is the Babylon of the book of the revelation, and who is the anti-Christ or who bears his mark, while billions continue their walk down the road to destruction, completely oblivious to the truth that salvation is as close to them as the words of their mouths.

Thank you Michael .... what a well written post .... have you ever considered writing a book ? .... you have the qualifications.

I really appreciate your opinions and I feel your analysis is very accurate.

Thank you also for the reminder about Babylon in Jeremiah 51 .... I need to re-read it again.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you Michael .... what a well written post .... have you ever considered writing a book ? .... you have the qualifications.

I really appreciate your opinions and I feel your analysis is very accurate.

Thank you also for the reminder about Babylon in Jeremiah 51 .... I need to re-read it again.

Hi again, Arnie,

Thank you for your gracious compliment. I once had aspirations to be an author, but I find some comments by Solomon in the book of Ecclesiastes to be a little discouraging in that regard. Just the same, I'm pleased to serve the Lord with my pen, or with my keypad, when He provides a venue in which I may play some small part in the ministry of the Word of God. I don't treasure arguments or exchanges intended to prove that one individual is more knowledgeable or has a greater understanding than another. However, I do see a place in contending for sound doctrine, as false doctrine generally has its origins in the carnal mind and the dominion of sin, and is more likely than not inspired by demons rather than by God. There have been times when an online ministry is all that the Lord has afforded me, but there is grace in even that and if I've blessed anyone in it, won't the Lord be pleased to bless me in kind? Perhaps I'm just not patient enough to write books. I spent a year or so writing a doctrinal book that was intended as a bible study of Jesus in the Old Testament and a tool for evangelism, but I grew impatient and wrote a chapter from an incomplete (and somewhat immature) understanding of the passages being examined. I could have delayed the completion of the book until the Lord had shown me a true interpretation of the scripture, but I'd become anxious to be done with the work and to see it complete. I don't like unfinished works and grow impatient with them, but I think that the Lord may have added some small measure of wisdom to my thinking over the intervening years. I've felt the rod of His discipline more than once in my life and He's clearly been patient with me, so I should make every effort to do the same.
By the way, while I believe that the Lord has given many in the body of Christ a prophetic ministry, I would almost prefer that I were wrong in my assessments of the spiritual condition of our nation and of the world. The Lord could certainly bring repentance and salvation to the entire planet, but I don't see it in His Word. It really does seem that He has given the world over to its sin and I can't help but see that as a failure on my part and by extension to the church as well. He called us to be salt and light. He called us to be a nation of priests and intercessors, ambassadors to a lost world, but we all have that tendency to turn away to our own desires and our own will. What does the scripture say?

And as Isaiah said before: “Unless the Lord of Sabaoth had left us a seed, We would have become like Sodom, And we would have been made like Gomorrah.” Romans 9:29

In its context the last passage is about Israel, may the Lord forbid that it should be true of the Church. Today was Yom Kippur and a significant day for those of the Jewish faith still trying to establish a righteousness of their own, even so, I would hope that the church would turn and be strengthened in Him, that we would seek Him with our whole hearts and serve Him faithfully in everything that He has called us to. The good news is that even when we fail and are unfaithful, He remains faithful. He does whatever is necessary to keep us and its certainly clear to me that we could never keep ourselves. I love the Lord, but I'm sure that I could love Him more. We all tend to think that involves more "doing" of works for His name, and we are certainly called to walk in such works, but He said that Mary had chosen the better thing in just drawing near to Him and listening intently to His words. Perhaps its time to be silent for a season, and time to just listen to what He has to say. Do you wonder why there would be silence in heaven? Is it anticipation? This last Sunday I went to a worship service and was a little disappointed that it was devoted to a mission progress report. I don't mean to make light of missions and their purpose, but right now I'm looking forward to hearing the anointed word and lifting my voice in praise and song. I hope that the body is hearing the call. This isn't a time for cloistering or hiding under a bushel, but for the unity of fellowship in worship and in praise.

Sing praise to the Lord, you saints of His,
And give thanks at the remembrance of His holy name.
For His anger is but for a moment,
His favor is for life;
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning. Psalms 30:4-5

I'm anticipating great and wonderful things from the hands of our God. May the Lord bless you indeed, though I know that He has. Amen