America Was Not Founded Upon Godly Principles.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Can you show how America was founded on Godly principles, or not ... ?(Quote)The Declaration of Independence is a blatant Violation of Romans 13

Nov 8, 2007
(n2thelight;26489)
Unorthodox ChristianAmerica is in no way shape or form part of Babylon,and yes a lot are turning their backs on God,but we are still His people,and we shall always be blessed.
Babel means Confusion, the City of Babylon meant City of Confusion. From a spiritual aspect we are all in a world full of confusion. Men and their religions saying they serve the True god, when in Reality there are only two that you can serve, Satan and God. If Katrina, 9/11, and The California Fires aren't indicative of God's Coming judgment on America, I can boldly say brothers you are foolish and Blind! The Truth is Harsh and Yeshua HaMashiach said Matthew 11:6 And Blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me. Why do I use this Verse? Because If you are offended by the Truth, you are offended in Christ because he is absolute Truth! Next is a Bomb waiting to Hit a America. America is part of the Babylonian World Revelation 17:6 do you remember the Salem Witch Trials? America is part of the Babylon of Revelation 17! People always look at things from a carnal(NOT LITERAL, because Literal can be used in conjunction with Spiritual) and this interpretation of the passages go way over their heads! It's amazingAMERICA WILL BE JUDGED FOR HER SINS!So many times has America been called to Repent, but she never has. As long as the FreeMasons run this Country and they embed this society with statues in dedication to other false gods, she will be burned like Sodom and his Brother.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
America is in no way shape or form part of Babylon,and yes a lot are turning their backs on God,but we are still His people,and we shall always be blessed (Quote)1) There is only one nation which fits this and it is Isreal. And even Isreal was judged for her disobedience.2) "We will always be blessed no matter what we do because we are Gods people" has been the words of the false prophets of Isreal. 300 false Phophets told Ahab that God was on his side. Onlu one true Prophet said otherwise. Ahab became enraged and ordered Michah to be held in custody until he returned safely. Michah responded "If you return safely I am not a Man of God!" Guess what happened?

Nov 8, 2007
Difference Between Israel and America, Israel's Covenants, WHICH WERE ETERNAL PROMISES will live on for eternity. America has no covenant with God, it's covenants is with Satan.The New Covenant, which was Yeshua HaMashiach(Jesus Christ) was for those that accept and TRULY believe in Him. It is no longer with Nations. It's of the People. AMERICA is not even Close to Israel.

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
America is blessed by God, there is no doubt in my mind. Will America continue to be blessed? It doesn't look like it to me because America is turning away from God and trying to be politically correct. It's hard to say what God has in mind for America because God blessed even Babylon for a time.I will say that Americans have more freedom than most other countries, and for that I am grateful.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(For Life;26592)
America is blessed by God, there is no doubt in my mind. Will America continue to be blessed? It doesn't look like it to me because America is turning away from God and trying to be politically correct. It's hard to say what God has in mind for America because God blessed even Babylon for a time.I will say that Americans have more freedom than most other countries, and for that I am grateful.
Was America founded on Godly principles, or not? If so, where is the Scripture used by the founding fathers? Or, were they just a bunch of posturing and blustering spouters of words when they referenced God?Shelli.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Was America founded on Godly principles, or not? If so, where is the Scripture used by the founding fathers? Or, were they just a bunch of posturing and blustering spouters of words when they referenced God?
Walk next door and talk about Christ. Stand on a street corner and pass out a Bible. That'd get you thrown in jail in more countries than you like to think. In several, it would be much worse.Does the one almighty God have a hand in things? Does he bless a nation when they turn to him and use his principles?

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Walk next door and talk about Christ. Stand on a street corner and pass out a Bible. That'd get you thrown in jail in more countries than you like to think. In several, it would be much worse.Does the one almighty God have a hand in things? Does he bless a nation when they turn to him and use his principles?(Quote)Here, people will accept the Bibles you hand out and simply continue in thier sinfull ways. In the other nations you talk about, you would find more people who are actually hungry for the Word of God. Political freedom has nothing to do with the Gospel.In fact, Peter warned "Promising freedom while they themselves are slaves to depravity"

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Polarization of the topic is not going to work. You're overlooking the entire point in that freedom allows me to go out and find that one person and plant that one seed that might not have been otherwise planted in a closed society.I think the problem is here that some want to equate being blessed with perfection, obviously you're going to run into a problem there. Israel was repeatedly blessed but many fell by the wayside over and over again. It's not about saving a nation, it's that you and I as children of God can walk over to another on the street and tell them about the Lord freely.It's a blessing of God that we can even think about sending some of ours to other countries to witness.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(Denver;26601)
Walk next door and talk about Christ. Stand on a street corner and pass out a Bible. That'd get you thrown in jail in more countries than you like to think. In several, it would be much worse.Does the one almighty God have a hand in things? Does he bless a nation when they turn to him and use his principles?
What are the principles you are referring to which the founding fathers quoted from Scripture?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(Denver;26611)
Polarization of the topic is not going to work. You're overlooking the entire point in that freedom allows me to go out and find that one person and plant that one seed that might not have been otherwise planted in a closed society.I think the problem is here that some want to equate being blessed with perfection, obviously you're going to run into a problem there. Israel was repeatedly blessed but many fell by the wayside over and over again. It's not about saving a nation, it's that you and I as children of God can walk over to another on the street and tell them about the Lord freely.It's a blessing of God that we can even think about sending some of ours to other countries to witness.
Can you tell us what are the Godly principles from Scripture upon which America was founded? Why do you evade that question?

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you tell us what are the Godly principles from Scripture upon which America was founded? Why do you evade that question?
My answer, again: The principles come to us in that I can freely worship whom I please without a national religion (or a religion of the state as the case may be). Christians are not persecuted on the street. The Word is not illegal. That's why.Yeah the wheat will be with the chaff but God has already told us he'll take care of that when the time comes.It's our job to plant the seeds. Not to be solely concerned with tearing down others, creating conversation more intent on mocking this or that or talking about how sinful someone else is in their life. Christ tore down, but he always built something back up. God is the judge, I'll forever say that because it's one of the biggest jokes to watch a man walk around and tell everyone what to do without Scripture. Sin is bad, the world is full of sin. We all know that. Again, if you're trying to argue that America is not perfect, you'll find no disagreement here.I Corinthians 13

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Patrick Henry "Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." - U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, John Jay"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."James MadisonAmerica's Godly Heritage"The propitious smiles of heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."(George Washington, 1789 Inaugural Address) "Of the 22 civilizations that have appeared in history, 19 of them collapsed when they reached the moral state America is in today."(Attributed to Arnold Toynbee, acclaimed historian who died in 1975)Does America really have a Godly heritage? Did you realize that most of the fifty-five Founding Fathers who worked on the Constitution were members of orthodox Christian churches and many were even evangelical Christians? We don't hear that part of our history any more. There are so many things that we no longer hear today. For example, we are now told that our Founding Fathers were atheists, agnostics, and deists; but consider this statement by John Adams:"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were ... the general principles of Christianity... I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."Another Founder with succinct declarations about the role of Christianity in American government was John Quincy Adams, who had a lengthy and distinguished political career. He served as a foreign ambassador under Presidents George Washington and John Adams, as Secretary of State under President James Monroe as a U.S. Representative, a U.S. Senator, and as the young nation's sixth President. John Quincy Adams, in his speech on July 4th, 1837, at Newburyport, asked the crowd: "Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Savior of the World, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day [on the Fourth of July]? Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer's mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity?"Other significant Founders were outspoken about their Christian beliefs. For example, John Jay, the original Chief Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court and one of the three men most responsible for the Constitution, declared: "Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty - as well as the privilege and interest - of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."George Washington's "Farewell Address" is yet another aspect of our heritage which has disappeared from student texts. His "Farewell Address" once appeared as a separate school textbook for over a century. Students were taught that Washington's "Farewell Address" was the most significant political speech ever delivered to the nation. In his "Farewell Address" he reminded America what had brought us to success, and then warned us about what must be done to continue it. Amazingly, his "Farewell Address" has not been seen in most textbooks for nearly four decades. Why? Doesn't Washington have anything to offer the nation today? No, apparently the problem with his "Farewell Address" today is its religious emphasis, for four of his dozen or so warnings to the nation were overtly religious. It is interesting to note that in the last five years his "Farewell Address" has begun to reappear in college textbooks - minus the four religious warnings. In his "Farewell Address,"Washington pointed out that the two foundations for political prosperity in America were religion and morality, and that no one could be called an American patriot who attempted to separate politics from its two foundations. He explained:"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars."Washington believed that if an individual attempted to separate religion and morality from politics, he could not be called an American patriot. These types of statements we do not hear much any more, but such were the statements of America's Founders - the statements of America's history. Our Founding Fathers delivered to us a system of government which has enjoyed unprecedented success: we are now the world's longest on-going constitutional republic. Two hundred years under the same document - and under one form of government - is an accomplishment unknown among contemporary nations.Where, then, did our Founding Fathers acquire the ideas that produced such longevity? Other nations certainly had access to what our Founders utilized, yet evidently chose not to. From what sources did our Founders choose their ideas? This question was asked by political science professors at the University of Houston. They rightfully felt that they could determine the source of the Founders' ideas if they could collect writings from the Founding Era and see whom the Founders were quoting.The researchers assembled and searched 15,000 writings from the Founding Era. That project spanned ten years; but at the end of that time, the researchers had isolated 3,154 direct quotes made by the Founders and had identified the source of those quotes. Surprisingly, the researchers discovered that....34% of the Founders' quotes came directly out of the Bible. Not only that, but it was found that many of the Founders' other quotes were taken from men who had used the Bible to arrive at their own conclusions.Numerous components of our current government can be shown- - through those early writings - to have their source in Biblical concepts. For example, the concept for three branches of government can be found in Isaiah 33:22; the logic for the separation of powers was based on Jeremiah 17:9; the basis of tax exemptions for churches was found in Ezra 7:24; and there are many other examples. This Biblical heritage was so well understood during the early years of the nation - and the writings of the numerous Founding Fathers were so well known - that in later years the Supreme Court ruled according to the Founders' intention, keeping Biblical principles as the basis. For example, notice this ruling by the U. S. Supreme Court in 1892:"No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people.... This is a Christian nation.""The great, vital, and conservative element in our system [the thing that holds our system together] is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." The judiciary Committee John Adams pointed out that there was no government in the world able to make someone do what was right, or able to control those who did not wish to be controlled. Adams explained: "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion.... Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." The Founders believed that the Constitution would work only for people who had internal restraints and internal controls - for people who would use the Word of God as their standard. We have moved away from that, and clearly the Constitution apart from religious principles is not working the way it should - a fact evident on all the charts and statistics. Look at what the Founding Fathers - the men who signed the founding documents - placed in their own new state constitutions. For example, notice Delaware (the other states were very similar): Every person appointed to public office shall say "I do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration." This was the requirement to be a politician - a requirement set up by the Founding Fathers! But notice that this requirement is consistent with the First Amendment because it did not require someone to be from one specific denomination to hold public office. It did say that you had to understand God's principles - you had to understand the Word of God to hold office. The different state constitutions contained several common components. For example, notice the requirements in Pennsylvania and Vermont (the other states were very similar): And each member [of the legislature], before he takes his seat, shall make and subscribe the following declaration: "I do believe in one God, the Creator and Governor of the universe, the rewarder of the good and the punisher of the wicked." As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, DC.James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement: "We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."Is this enough proof for you?If not,you just can't or just refuse to see it,so believe as you will,but I know the truth,and I have absolutly no doubt about it.With that said I rest my case

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
=n2thelight;26617Is this enough proof for you?If not,you just can't or just refuse to see it,so believe as you will,but I know the truth,and I have absolutly no doubt about it.With that said I rest my case
And what a case it was........Well said!........Whirlwind

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
(Denver;26611)
Political and religious freedom have nothing to do with the Gospel. The most ruthless governments are powereless to stop the spread of the Gospel and there is not and never was a mandate to liberate people into political and religious freedom. Quite to the contrary, persecution is one of God's tools to purify the Church. When it becomes too easy to proclaim ones self a believer, this is when the Church becomes lazy and corrupt. Political and religious freedom are not fruits of the Gospel. Quite to the contrary, Moses never had a high approval rating, at least twice he was "Democratically voted out of office" and both times, God punished the voters.

Nov 8, 2007
(BernieEOD;26647)
Political and religious freedom have nothing to do with the Gospel. The most ruthless governments are powereless to stop the spread of the Gospel and there is not and never was a mandate to liberate people into political and religious freedom. Quite to the contrary, persecution is one of God's tools to purify the Church. When it becomes too easy to proclaim ones self a believer, this is when the Church becomes lazy and corrupt. Political and religious freedom are not fruits of the Gospel. Quite to the contrary, Moses never had a high approval rating, at least twice he was "Democratically voted out of office" and both times, God punished the voters.
AMEN!!!! So because America has this "freedom" America is still some Holy Country?! God can use even evil to suit his will, in this Sodom and Gomorrah type Country, he's allowed us to plant seeds and bare fruits to the world. Yes I am grateful for what he's done and where he's allowed me to live. I am proud to say I am an American, but I am not proud of my country, my government, and the majority of the people who have the Spirit of Jezebel, the Spirit of Baal, Baalam, Rahab! Remember Rome allowed Christianity to be legal, and because they made it legal did that mean they were something holy? LOL oh THE IRONY! Doesn't matter how much freedom this country has, it's not the country that's blessed it's his People! AMERICA WILL BE JUDGED! ALL NATIONS WILL TURN AGAINST ISRAEL AND HER CHILDREN AND GOD'S PEOPLE.Remember, Abraham tried to Sway God from Destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, they didn't repent and look what happened. THE WORLD IS BABYLON AND SO AMERICA IS PART OF IT!

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Remember, Abraham tried to Sway God from Destroying Sodom and Gomorrah, they didn't repent and look what happened. (Quote)It was also a Rome which proclaimed its self to be Chrsitian whom God sent the Barbarians to destroy. Constantine attempted to use the Gospel as a nation building tool. It was as though God's response was "Nice try! I'm not fooled!"

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
For those who cannot, don't own a weapon. Until one is actually in this sort of situation, you cannot truly say how youe would react. Following 9-11, we were callled up for domestic harbor security. We were in boats armed with M-4's (Short version of the M-16) on patrol for enemy frogmen. Would I have shot one? I would say yes I would have.But until one is actually in such a situation, one cannot truly say.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;26617)
"It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions, but on the gospel of Jesus Christ." - Patrick Henry "Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers and it is the duty as well as the privilege and interest of a Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers." - U.S. Supreme Court Chief Justice, John Jay"We have staked the whole future of American civilization, not upon the power of government, far from it. We have staked the future of all of our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government; ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."James MadisonAmerica's Godly Heritage"The propitious smiles of heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."(George Washington, 1789 Inaugural Address) "Of the 22 civilizations that have appeared in history, 19 of them collapsed when they reached the moral state America is in today."(Attributed to Arnold Toynbee, acclaimed historian who died in 1975)Does America really have a Godly heritage? Did you realize that most of the fifty-five Founding Fathers who worked on the Constitution were members of orthodox Christian churches and many were even evangelical Christians? We don't hear that part of our history any more. There are so many things that we no longer hear today. For example, we are now told that our Founding Fathers were atheists, agnostics, and deists; but consider this statement by John Adams:"The general principles on which the fathers achieved independence were ... the general principles of Christianity... I will avow that I then believed, and now believe, that those general principles of Christianity are as eternal and immutable as the existence and attributes of God."Another Founder with succinct declarations about the role of Christianity in American government was John Quincy Adams, who had a lengthy and distinguished political career. He served as a foreign ambassador under Presidents George Washington and John Adams, as Secretary of State under President James Monroe as a U.S. Representative, a U.S. Senator, and as the young nation's sixth President. John Quincy Adams, in his speech on July 4th, 1837, at Newburyport, asked the crowd: "Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Savior of the World, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day [on the Fourth of July]? Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it forms a leading event in the progress of the gospel dispensation? Is it not that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on the foundation of the Redeemer's mission upon earth? That it laid the cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity?"Other significant Founders were outspoken about their Christian beliefs. For example, John Jay, the original Chief Justice of the U. S. Supreme Court and one of the three men most responsible for the Constitution, declared: "Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty - as well as the privilege and interest - of our Christian nation to select and prefer Christians for their rulers."George Washington's "Farewell Address" is yet another aspect of our heritage which has disappeared from student texts. His "Farewell Address" once appeared as a separate school textbook for over a century. Students were taught that Washington's "Farewell Address" was the most significant political speech ever delivered to the nation. In his "Farewell Address" he reminded America what had brought us to success, and then warned us about what must be done to continue it. Amazingly, his "Farewell Address" has not been seen in most textbooks for nearly four decades. Why? Doesn't Washington have anything to offer the nation today? No, apparently the problem with his "Farewell Address" today is its religious emphasis, for four of his dozen or so warnings to the nation were overtly religious. It is interesting to note that in the last five years his "Farewell Address" has begun to reappear in college textbooks - minus the four religious warnings. In his "Farewell Address,"Washington pointed out that the two foundations for political prosperity in America were religion and morality, and that no one could be called an American patriot who attempted to separate politics from its two foundations. He explained:"Of all the dispositions and habits which lead to political prosperity, religion and morality are indispensable supports. In vain would that man claim the tribute of patriotism, who should labor to subvert these great pillars."Washington believed that if an individual attempted to separate religion and morality from politics, he could not be called an American patriot. These types of statements we do not hear much any more, but such were the statements of America's Founders - the statements of America's history. Our Founding Fathers delivered to us a system of government which has enjoyed unprecedented success: we are now the world's longest on-going constitutional republic. Two hundred years under the same document - and under one form of government - is an accomplishment unknown among contemporary nations.Where, then, did our Founding Fathers acquire the ideas that produced such longevity? Other nations certainly had access to what our Founders utilized, yet evidently chose not to. From what sources did our Founders choose their ideas? This question was asked by political science professors at the University of Houston. They rightfully felt that they could determine the source of the Founders' ideas if they could collect writings from the Founding Era and see whom the Founders were quoting.The researchers assembled and searched 15,000 writings from the Founding Era. That project spanned ten years; but at the end of that time, the researchers had isolated 3,154 direct quotes made by the Founders and had identified the source of those quotes. Surprisingly, the researchers discovered that....34% of the Founders' quotes came directly out of the Bible. Not only that, but it was found that many of the Founders' other quotes were taken from men who had used the Bible to arrive at their own conclusions.Numerous components of our current government can be shown- - through those early writings - to have their source in Biblical concepts. For example, the concept for three branches of government can be found in Isaiah 33:22; the logic for the separation of powers was based on Jeremiah 17:9; the basis of tax exemptions for churches was found in Ezra 7:24; and there are many other examples. This Biblical heritage was so well understood during the early years of the nation - and the writings of the numerous Founding Fathers were so well known - that in later years the Supreme Court ruled according to the Founders' intention, keeping Biblical principles as the basis. For example, notice this ruling by the U. S. Supreme Court in 1892:"No purpose of action against religion can be imputed to any legislation, state or national, because this is a religious people.... This is a Christian nation.""The great, vital, and conservative element in our system [the thing that holds our system together] is the belief of our people in the pure doctrines and divine truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ." The judiciary Committee John Adams pointed out that there was no government in the world able to make someone do what was right, or able to control those who did not wish to be controlled. Adams explained: "We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion.... Our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." The Founders believed that the Constitution would work only for people who had internal restraints and internal controls - for people who would use the Word of God as their standard. We have moved away from that, and clearly the Constitution apart from religious principles is not working the way it should - a fact evident on all the charts and statistics. Look at what the Founding Fathers - the men who signed the founding documents - placed in their own new state constitutions. For example, notice Delaware (the other states were very similar): Every person appointed to public office shall say "I do profess faith in God the Father, and in Jesus Christ His only Son, and in the Holy Ghost, one God, blessed for evermore; and I do acknowledge the holy scriptures of the Old and New Testament to be given by divine inspiration." This was the requirement to be a politician - a requirement set up by the Founding Fathers! But notice that this requirement is consistent with the First Amendment because it did not require someone to be from one specific denomination to hold public office. It did say that you had to understand God's principles - you had to understand the Word of God to hold office. The different state constitutions contained several common components. For example, notice the requirements in Pennsylvania and Vermont (the other states were very similar): And each member [of the legislature], before he takes his seat, shall make and subscribe the following declaration: "I do believe in one God, the Creator and Governor of the universe, the rewarder of the good and the punisher of the wicked." As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, DC.James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement: "We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."Is this enough proof for you?If not,you just can't or just refuse to see it,so believe as you will,but I know the truth,and I have absolutly no doubt about it.With that said I rest my case
All of what you cited above is:1. Personal opinion.2. Symbolic writings upon buildings.3. Rote guestures by people in government who could easily be just mouthing the words.4. Inaccurate characterization of God's Will: a. No Scripture exists showing God's will for anyone is "self government." b. No Scripture exists showing God's will for anyone is to "select and prefer Christians for their rulers." c. The Ten Commandments, nor any Scripture, are not cited in any of the Founding documents. d. "The erternal rules of order" are within the Jewish Theocracy founded upon the Masaic and Levitic Covenants, but they are not the foundation America. e. There is no Scripture which shows the "general principles" of American independence were from God or were "of Christianity." f. The Fourth of July is not "indissolubly linked" to December 25th, the falsely ascribed date of Jesus' birth. g. "Providence" [God] did not give to us the choice of our leaders. No Scripture exists for that. h. Scripture does not say that "political prosperity" is the goal of morality and religion.4. There is no "proof" above, as you tried to say, because Scripture is the "proof Text." Scripture does not appear in any of the original documents. Only human opinions appear therein.There were indeed Christian ideas and tendencies at hand at the inception of America, but it was by no means a Theocracy, the only true form of Godly governance. Nationalized religion for the sake of pragmatic outcomes was what first appeared within these quotes you gave. The names God and Christianity have been used by American leadership to do Godless acts throughout our History. It is important for Christians today to be able to accurately discern the Godliness of any situation, rather than just buy into ideologies dressed up with religious sounding appearances. Shelli.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(whirlwind;26629)
And what a case it was........Well said!........Whirlwind
It is indeed a "case," if someone is swayed by just a lot of words with no Scripture in them.