America Was Not Founded Upon Godly Principles.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Shelli
You need to be just a little bit smart. Tell us how America is "under God
."Becaused we are the most blessed nation the world has ever known,now you tell me why we are not under God

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25109)
ShelliThe point was to show why we are so blessed,and trust me it's not my imagination,and nowhere did I say the tribe was Jewish.Deuteronomy 32:26 "I said, I would scatter them into corners, I would make the remembrance of them to cease from among men:"Where are the ten tribes of the old "House of Israel" today? Very few Christians today know, or have any idea where they went, and what became of them. Jesus' command to His apostles in Matthew 10:6; "But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel". To most Christians in the world today, Jesus is sending them to the Jews. These poor "lost sheep of Israel" don't even know who they are. How in the world are they going to understand Bible teaching, doctrine, and prophecy, when they are ignorant of their own heritage. Is it any wonder God is angry with our people. There is a reason that God still blesses His people, and that is because God keeps His promises to father Abraham.If you can't see it,put it on the shelf,I think I have given more than enough proof,it's so ovious,to me anyway.
If you can't make sense with rational thinking and clear, nonbabbling speech, do not talk. And please, never try to teach.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Shelli
If you can't make sense with rational thinking and clear, nonbabbling speech, do not talk. And please, never try to teach.
Is that the best you can do?Most everyone else understands,why you can't dosent really matter to me.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25377)
Shelli."Becaused we are the most blessed nation the world has ever known,now you tell me why we are not under God
What makes you think "we are the most blessed nation the world has ever known?"

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25389)
ShelliIs that the best you can do?Most everyone else understands,why you can't dosent really matter to me.
Your post quoting Deut. 32:26 is a series of unconnected sentences.How about if you connect them for us?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Sheli
Your post quoting Deut. 32:26 is a series of unconnected sentences.How about if you connect them for us?
What part don't you understand?I thought it was rather simple and to the point

whirlwind

Nov 8, 2007
(Shelli;25378)
Your rudeness astounds me. :naughty:........Whirlwind

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Then again, it's a free country. I guess rude people have a right to openly hate our country and sound like..... whatevers. They would not have that chance in Iraq. We've been too spoiled over here.
biggrin.gif

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25397)
SheliWhat part don't you understand?I thought it was rather simple and to the point
What does the "scattering" of ancient Israelites have to do with America's founding principles?How does Mat. 10:6 mean that "Jesus is sending them ["most Christians in the world today"] to the Jews?"How does the supposed "ignorange of their heritage" have anything to do with how "God is angry with our (?) people?" You have not said who you think "our people" are.What does God's special "blessing" on America have to do with promises to Abraham?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;25522)
Then again, it's a free country. I guess rude people have a right to openly hate our country and sound like..... whatevers. They would not have that chance in Iraq. We've been too spoiled over here.
biggrin.gif

I do not hate our country.Why do you hate rational thinking and clear speech? Why are you unable to answer my questions about the specifics of America "being under God?"Where is the Scripture quoted by our founding fathers which specified where they got their ideologies about America "being founded on Godly principles?"Why do you mix up the founding fathers' personal opinions with the official documents of Independence and the Constitution? Were their personal opinions official government statements?Do these questions upset you ... ?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25373)
ShelliLet me ask you a question,throughout all of history God has always had a people who followed Him and whom He has blessed,the Israelites as an example,my question to you is,where are these people today?Genesis 22:16 "And said, "By Myself have I sworn, saith the Lord, for because thou hast done this thing, and hast not withheld thy son, thine only son:"Genesis 22:17 "That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"Genesis 22:18 "And in you seed shall all the nations of the earth be blessed; because thou hast obeyed My voice."Where are these nations today?
The Israelites are the only nationalized people God has blessed throughout all of history. Why are you assuming there is some other?The "these people" you are referring to in the question above is what ... ? The scattered Israelites? Or, some hypothesized nation that God has supposedly begun blessing in their place?All of the nations on Earth have probably been blessed somehow by the Jews.What is your big point you are getting so intense about ... ?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Shelli
The Israelites are the only nationalized people God has blessed throughout all of history. Why are you assuming there is some other?The "these people" you are referring to in the question above is what ... ? The scattered Israelites? Or, some hypothesized nation that God has supposedly begun blessing in their place?All of the nations on Earth have probably been blessed somehow by the Jews.What is your big point you are getting so intense about ... ?
Herein lies the problem,your lack of understanding of who Israel is.Jews do not make up all of Israel.As far as me being intense,I was'nt until you tried to insult my intellegence

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25551)
ShelliHerein lies the problem,your lack of understanding of who Israel is.Jews do not make up all of Israel.As far as me being intense,I was'nt until you tried to insult my intellegence
Apparently, there was and is no other specially and Divinely favored nation other than literal historic Israel.Still unable to say how and why America is "under God" ... ?Still unable to explain your previous disjointed post?

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Shelli
Apparently, there was and is no other specially and Divinely favored nation other than literal historic Israel.Still unable to say how and why America is "under God" ... ?Still unable to explain your previous disjointed post?
As I said the Jews do not make up all of IsraelIt's ovious to me that we are under God.I think Ive explained it well,you just can't see it

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Why do you hate rational thinking and clear speech? Why are you unable to answer my questions about the specifics of America "being under God?"
I don't. I have yet to hear any from you..... but, I digress.As for America being under God, if by that you mean God-ordained as I do, I already gave that link for British Israel.Here's another from a Jewish perspective:www.britam.orgAnswer me this:What is the fulfillment of Genesis 35:11 if you know so much?This guy has credentials. What are yours? Anyone can mouth off like you do with confrontational questions and in all your posts I have yet to see anything substantial come from you like scripture that is relevant.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25588)
ShelliAs I said the Jews do not make up all of IsraelIt's ovious to me that we are under God.I think Ive explained it well,you just can't see it
Why are you so mysterious, such that you cannot explain the statements made about Deuteronomy 32:26, if they actually relate ot America?Can you state why and how we are under God?If you make clear statements, I might be able to "see it." Do you expect people to read your thoughts, like a woman does ... ?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;25597)
I don't. I have yet to hear any from you..... but, I digress.As for America being under God, if by that you mean God-ordained as I do, I already gave that link for British Israel.Here's another from a Jewish perspective:www.britam.orgAnswer me this:What is the fulfillment of Genesis 35:11 if you know so much?This guy has credentials. What are yours? Anyone can mouth off like you do with confrontational questions and in all your posts I have yet to see anything substantial come from you like scripture that is relevant.
Genesis 35:11 speaks of nations and kings coming from Abraham. Any fulfillment of that could only be speculatively described, today.I did not make the statement the America is "under God." But you did. Can you back it up with Scripture, or not? Why do you shrink from confrontation about what you arbitrarily speak? Tell us how God "ordained" America. A thumbnail sketch would suffice.Did you know there are a lot of prople with "credentials" who are flakes?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(blessed1195;24953)
Please keep studying! Have you ever read 1Peter4:17 where we are told judgement begins at the household of GOD? When I read your response, I prayed for you. Please keep seeking the truth before you mislead anyone and are held in judgement for it.The Old testament is our schoolmaster. Yes, Jesus is our savior and through forgiveness and repentance we can have a clean slate in the book of life and obtain eternal life, but how do you know how to be righteous and not sin, if you do not know the law, statutes, and ordinances given to us in the OT? When Jesus came in Matt 5: 17 )he said" Think not that I am come to destroy the law , or the prophets: I am not come to destroy but to fulfill. 18)" Verily, I say unto you Till heaven and earth pass,one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled"What this means, is that Jesus came to fulfill the Messianic prophesies in the OT ( Examples: Gen 3:15,Isaiah 7, Psalms22, and many more) and not one sound of the letter of the OT law is changed by him( jots and tittle are marks over the Hebrew letters that change the sound of the letter). Of course, blood ordinances were eliminated as we are told by Paul in Col.2:14" Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross"Also in 1 John 3:4" Whosoever comitteth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." Once again, how do you know if you sin, if you do not know the law, statutes and ordinances from the Old Testament. In Rev 19;8 the wife of Christ's clothes "will be of fine linen, clean and white;for the fine linen is the righteousness of the saints." So how can you ever be righteous, if you do not know what is right according to GOD?Now you made the false statement that Abraham was a gentile and a heathen. Not in my KJV. I recommend you have a Stong's KJV concordance with Hebrew/Chaldee and Greek dictionaries and a Green's Interlinear Bible. This is an inexpensive way to own a copy of the manuscripts used for the KJV. Abram was from the Adamic race, a descendant of Adam through Noah and Shem his father,Noah and Shem, Abram's father and grandfather were 2 of the 8 Adamic souls that were saved in the flood of Genesis 7. Gen 7:1 they had a pure pedigree, meaning they had not mixed with the fallen angels of Gen 6., so they along with two of every flesh would be saved by GOD. Bottom line is that You must study Genesis with understanding. You will see in Chapter 12:1, GOD is talking to Abram, In Gen 17 GOD changed his name to Abraham, the father of many nations, and made a covenant with him. The 12 tribes of Israel began with the 12 sons of Jacob. From Adam to Noah to Abraham, Isaac then Jacob, whose name was changed to Israel in Gen 32:28. Those we know as Jews today are primarily from the tribe of Judah, so that leaves many more tribes of Israel. That was what I believe Tim fromPA was trying to explain to you. The word Gentile # 1484 in the Greek dictionary is "ethnos" which are described as foreign races, non Jewish. Also called heathen,nation and peoples in the Bible. These are the ethnic races of today. # 1471 in Hebrew/chaldee Dictionary describes heathen. The word in hebrew is goy meaning a foreign nation;hence a Gentile, a troop of animals or a flight of locusts, also used interchangeably with Gentile, nations and peoples.Once again,I think "tim from PA" was trying to teach you about the lost tribes of Israel and you seem to reject it because it is not quoted from the Bible. As you become a deeper student you might want to look into history books like Antiquities of Josephus to help you better understand events as they actually happened. History means " His Story". The Bible is a story of a family ( made up of believers and unbelievers) and their encounters with others throughout the ages and from umbilical cord to umbilical cord from Eve to Christ and from Christ to the manymembered body, whether born of the 12 tribes or adopted. The adoption was opened up to all in the NT. In Acts 9:15"And the LORD said unto him,"Go thy way; for he is a chosen vessel to bear my name before the Gentiles and kings and the children of Israel. Paul was given this order by Christ to teach to these 3 groups/on 3 levels so that John 3: 15/16 could be fulfilled. 15) "That whosoever believeth in him (Jesus)should not perish, but have eternal life". This applies to all races today. Not just Israelites as you stated. Also,The overcomers of Rev 3 that you quoted are GOD's elect and not just Israelites as you stated. This is another teaching for another day. But you might want to study Matt 24, Mark 13,Luke 21, 2 Thess 2. for yourself.I hope I am not overloading your donkey but I am led to reveal some more interesting facts. Abraham lived in UR of the chaldee nation( in IRAQ of today) but he was not one of Babylonians, he was of the Adamic race. Now what is the Adamic race?Let's start with the word adam # 119 in the Hebrew dictionary. In the manuscripts, when GOD made Adam on the eighth day, you will see him called ETH HA ADAM or "the man adam". 119 describes this adam as to show blood in the face, flush or turn rosy or ruddy (complected). GOD's husbandman or the one he created to tend the garden was the start of the ADAMIC Race that is the caucasian race that exists still today. E Raymond Capt's booklet" The Abrahamic Covenant" will show you historical and biblical accounts of the migrations of the 12 tribes. This booklet will give you the biblical verses you need to help understand the migration of the tribes. It's up to you to do the work.Jake,you have to decide if you want the truth.Most pastors today won't teach truth if it is controversial to their churches teachings, since they could lose their pensions.Most pastors won't teach you how to go back to the original manuscripts Even though the translators of the KJV, 1611 Authorized version, wrote a preface apologizing for mistakes made in the translations.You have to decide to trust in GOD or to trust in man( and Satan and the ways of the world). Please read Jeremiah 17:5-8 to help you make that decision. GOD or Satan,Blessings or cursings- your choice!
And, who are the Nonadamic races?

kkboldt

Dec 6, 2007
(Shelli;23853)
There is no Scripture which says anybody has a "right" to have life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.No founding documents giving any "freedoms" or "rights" to American citizens can add to or improve upon what true Christians have in Christ.True Christians in America do not need any "freedoms," "rights," or laws to worship and obey God.Shelli.
Hi Shelli,Well, I think I understand where you are coming from. HOWEVER, the Declaration of Independence does state:"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."The Founding Fathers understood that ALL rights come from God, not men. Why was this important?Because if your rights come from God, then no one can take them away. However, if your rights come from men, then men can take them away.The Founding Fathers understood this very well.The Liberty Bell has an engraving upon it which reads.Leviticus 25:10 "And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family."Yes, a passage from the book of Leviticus in engraved on the Liberty Bell. We were suppose to ring that bell every 50 years after the American Revolution ended. But we forgot. And that year we forgot, the Liberty Bell mysteriously cracked and could never be repaired. Thus was the downfall of the New American Government. It didn't take long.Our bankruptcy laws are based on the laws in Leviticus. Did you know this? Every seven years, if you are in so deep a debt, you cannot escape, your debt is to be forgiven, in order not to ruin the economy of the land and bankrupt the people. And every 50 years on the Jubile, your debt was forgiven. Religion was very important in the founding of this country. Most of the people who came here were Pilgrims and Puritans who still had the Protestant Reformation fresh in their minds. They came here because they were being persecuted by the Roman Catholic Church and the Church of England.The Library of Congress now has an exhibition which is online regarding "Religion and the Founding of the American Republic".http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/overview.htmlhttp://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel01.htmlhttp://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel02.htmlhttp://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel03.htmlhttp://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel04.htmlhttp://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel05.htmlhttp://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06.htmlhttp://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel07.htmlYou'll see in these exhibits that the Founding Fathers were well aware of the blessings of God and where their freedoms and liberties came from.The laws of our nation are based in the 10 Commandments. Why do we follow the laws of men?1 Corinthians 12:28 "And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, GOVERNMENTS, diversities of tongues."2 Peter 2:10 "But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities."We are not to "despise" government, IF that government comes from Godly men. However, as the Declaration of Independence pointed out, there is a time when a government forgets God and becomes "tyrannical" that it is our duty to rise up in protest and in some cases "disassemble" the government body in order to insure our freedoms. Just read the Declaration of Independence to get a feel for the mindset of the Founders that day. You can find it easily by doing a Google search.Kim