America Was Not Founded Upon Godly Principles.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
("Shelli")
Genesis 35:11 speaks of nations and kings coming from Abraham. Any fulfillment of that could only be speculatively described, today.
Just answer the question without dodging it, and without running your mouth about other stuff.("Shelli")
I would estimate you have never read the Bible.
And I would estimate, most accurately no doubt, that you can't even read. Because if you could, you'd see my signature that I had there for two months now. Unless you are calling me a liar (which would not surprise me).

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;25686)
Just answer the question without dodging it, and without running your mouth about other stuff.And I would estimate, most accurately no doubt, that you can't even read. Because if you could, you'd see my signature that I had there for two months now. Unless you are calling me a liar (which would not surprise me).
The reason I said you probably have not even read the Bible is because, although I am sure you look at it and turn the pages, the message of it never apparently has sunk in. You do not speak as if you have grasped it.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25729)
ShelliCan you answer this one question,who are the nations that God made the promise to Abraham?
The answer to that question can only consist of speculations.How do you know when a nation is "Godly?"

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Shelli
The answer to that question can only consist of speculations.How do you know when a nation is "Godly?"
As Ive stated before,it's ovious,look at the countires that are free and the one's that are not and tell me if you can't see the differences,if you can't I guess it's no reason to keep discussing this with you.Believe what you will

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25739)
ShelliAs Ive stated before,it's ovious,look at the countires that are free and the one's that are not and tell me if you can't see the differences,if you can't I guess it's no reason to keep discussing this with you.Believe what you will
How are you able to determine which nations are "free"?If you cannot answer this question, or the preceding question, I guess you have no answers worth anything.

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Shelli
How are you able to determine which nations are "free"?If you cannot answer this question, or the preceding question, I guess you have no answers worth anything.
Would you consider a communist nation to be free?Just one example.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25748)
ShelliWould you consider a communist nation to be free?Just one example.
Communist nations are not free. Name the ones which are.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Regarding Genesis 35:11)("Shelli")
The answer to that question can only consist of speculations.
Can you back it up with Scripture, or not? Why do you shrink from confrontation about what you arbitrarily speak?

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(n2thelight;25775)
ShelliThats my point,none of them are.
There are many nations which are free.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;25803)
(Regarding Genesis 35:11)Can you back it up with Scripture, or not? Why do you shrink from confrontation about what you arbitrarily speak?
There is no Scripture which identifies the nations coming from Abraham except for Israel and the descendents of Ishmael.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
("Shelli")
There is no Scripture which identifies the nations coming from Abraham except for Israel and the descendents of Ishmael.
Are you just emotionally upset, then? Go ahead, and speak up like a strong man of God. And, you have no clue about how to address the topic of a thread without becoming upset, and starting a personal exchange.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;25944)
Are you just emotionally upset, then? Go ahead, and speak up like a strong man of God. And, you have no clue about how to address the topic of a thread without becoming upset, and starting a personal exchange.
Apparently, there is no way to tell which nations are "under God." As such, why would anybody claim America is?Maybe truth is not worth sharing, if somebody is unsure of how to speak it.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
We gave lots of links; the one site has something like 72 marks of Israel and you have problems with just one? What about archaeologists that traced the migrations (to here) and Josephus that quotes about the lost tribes?No, you're just interested in shooting off without any substance for the sake of arguing and then accuse the next person of being just like you are doing to others (being extremely rude amongst other things). You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about because you never really studied the subject, did you?Just to prove my point, I was actually done debating with you four posts ago. My last three posts I cut and pasted your answers and obviously you did not know it was yourself you were really arguing with. I did not write them. Nobody thinks much of a person shooting off at themselves, let alone forgetting what they said and then answering their own words yet.To everyone else: I suspect this to be a troll, IMO. Let's see. Click on user name, then profile, and then all the way to the right here! There! Much better now. Things are quiet again.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
True. Lets go over some of the declarations:Right to life: I believe this one is Biblical. Right in the 10 Commandments.Liberty: Not in the political sense. The Liberty the Bible promises is freedom from sin and eternal condemnation so we are beginning to stray here.Persuit of Happiness: Totally unbiblical.Bottom line is that the Declaration of Independence is a clear violation of Romans 13.Also, Government do not derive thier just powers from the consent of the governed but from the will of God. We also like to romance this into an evil ruler not being able to prevail over a just people but the Bible says the opposite is true. A truly Godly leader will never have the consent of the governed for Christ himself proclaimed "Light has come to the world but men love darkness".

Nov 8, 2007
OK so even if the Scattered Tribes of Israel are the western europeans who traveled and became Americans, does it Change anything today? NO! Cause America is part of Babylon, did you know they used to Call New York New Babylon?! So what if the Scattered Tribes founded this country, do you see the darkness that shrouds this country today? Should we Glorify this Sinful nation because it was founded by people with the remnant blood of the diasporic Jews?! No! Look what Happened, they still became Free Mason and turned their backs on God.It's easy to use God's name in order to gain favor with the Blind Public. Just like the gnostic coptic Gospels, they used biblical names and God in order to try and sway the masses into believing this was an authenticated Document or Inspired writing of God! When it wasn't! Who cares who founded this Nation, IT'S GOING TO PERISH! Only the Elect, Remnant Jews, and True Believers of Y'shua HaMashiach are going to be saved!AWAY WITH THE WORLDLY SYSTEMS NOW!

n2thelight

Dec 24, 2006
Atlanta,Ga
Unorthodox Christian
OK so even if the Scattered Tribes of Israel are the western europeans who traveled and became Americans, does it Change anything today? NO! Cause America is part of Babylon, did you know they used to Call New York New Babylon?! So what if the Scattered Tribes founded this country, do you see the darkness that shrouds this country today? Should we Glorify this Sinful nation because it was founded by people with the remnant blood of the diasporic Jews?! No! Look what Happened, they still became Free Mason and turned their backs on God.
America is in no way shape or form part of Babylon,and yes a lot are turning their backs on God,but we are still His people,and we shall always be blessed.

BernieEOD

Jun 26, 2006
Not so! Blood (Or genetics) Does not make one a child of God. Faith does. Other than Isreal, there is no chosen nation and our conduct reviels that we are more like Babylon than Isreal. This latest delusion that we are God's chosen nation and have a divine duty to liberate the world is a false teaching.

Shelli

Nov 13, 2007
(tim_from_pa;26014)
We gave lots of links; the one site has something like 72 marks of Israel and you have problems with just one? What about archaeologists that traced the migrations (to here) and Josephus that quotes about the lost tribes?No, you're just interested in shooting off without any substance for the sake of arguing and then accuse the next person of being just like you are doing to others (being extremely rude amongst other things). You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about because you never really studied the subject, did you?Just to prove my point, I was actually done debating with you four posts ago. My last three posts I cut and pasted your answers and obviously you did not know it was yourself you were really arguing with. I did not write them. Nobody thinks much of a person shooting off at themselves, let alone forgetting what they said and then answering their own words yet.To everyone else: I suspect this to be a troll, IMO. Let's see. Click on user name, then profile, and then all the way to the right here! There! Much better now. Things are quiet again.
Yes, Timmie,I knew you were copying what I said, but I continued to respond to you instead.It sounds like you might be a mormon ... ? Is that true ... ? I am wondering that because of 2 reasons: You are evasive, unable to make any statements of fact, and you show no spiritual maturity.Can you show how America was founded on Godly principles, or not ... ?Shelli.