Amillennialism vs premillennialism ......how & why ppl believe different.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, this is why I don't get into discussions about it. Nobody seems to know the truth. So it's just a back and forth of supposition.
It's possible that the word has changed its meaning, I guess.

But there's definitely a group of believers out there who do not believe that Jesus is coming in the future at all, and that He will simply continue to reign from heaven forever. And they call themselves amillennial, so...

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's postmillennialism. Wikipedia is wrong.

Amillennialism is the belief that Christ's rule from heaven never ends. There is no future return. This is it.
Then take it up with Wikipedia.

I have heard much of this same stuff from the Amils on multiple forums over the years.

Be at peace.

This thread is for understanding of one another's views better not heat and anger.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, this is why I don't get into discussions about it. Nobody seems to know the truth. So it's just a back and forth of suposition.
Its amazing how so many on this non salvic issue get caught up in how right they are and how wrong everyone else is.

Its sad because its my favorite subject. Yet I usually have to leave because of all the hate on both sides.

• Sad
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It's possible that the word has changed its meaning, I guess.

But there's definitely a group of believers out there who do not believe that Jesus is coming in the future at all, and that He will simply continue to reign from heaven forever. And they call themselves amillennial, so...
I do believe Jesus will return - at our church wedding they say, 'till death parts us or till Jesus returns'.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
See, this is why I don't get into discussions about it. Nobody seems to know the truth. So it's just a back and forth of suposition.
God knows the truth, he promised wisdom to those whom would but ask, and said this !

John 14:26
But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

1 John 2:27
But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him.

Reactions: Zao is life

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 1: 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

As for Jesus returning. Lets stick to scripture

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If we look at the prophecies concerning Israel and Christ.

The pre mill people believe Israel will be restored. and the prophesies Christ has not fulfilled yet will be fulfilled at his second coming

the Amil people believe God is done with Israel. The church has replaced Israel concerning the promises. And Christ is reigning and ruling with a rod of Iron today. and has been since he left.

To me it is an interpretation issue..
The Premil people are divided between historic Premil and Dispensationalists. Historic Premil believe that Israel = Jews and Gentiles in Christ through faith in Christ and Israel is being saved every time a Jew or Gentile turns to faith in Christ. Historic premil = post tribulation. Dispensationlist = Pre-tribulation rapture. And number of other differences.

Amil = return of Christ = the burning up of the current earth and universe and the arrival of a new heavens and new earth. No thousand years. Amil = the thousand years has been happening since Calvary. It's a symbolic number.

Postmil = the gospel will eventually rule the world and the church will gradually become more and more triumphant and make the planet ready for the return of Christ.

Preterists = Jesus already returned in 70 A.D spiritually and the new heavens and new earth and thousand years and everything else is now.

Partial Preterists = as above but Jesus never returned in AD70 and is still coming back.

That's the gist of it. Historic Premils don't agree with one another on everything. Nor do Disps. And Amils have the greatest variety of differing beliefs under the umbrella of Amil than all.

• Love
Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

Zao is life

Oct 3, 2020
Africa
zaoislife.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Acts 1: 11 who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

As for Jesus returning. Lets stick to scripture
= Let's stick to different peoples' different interpretations of scripture.

Wick Stick

Sep 21, 2023
Phoenix
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, my bad. I picked up on some vibes that maybe were NOT there.

We all usually invariably do this so please forgive me !
No worries. There's no social context clues on the Internet, no tone of voice, so we all add them as we read based on our own past experiences. I can totally see how you might read a directly contradictory statement (wikipedia is wrong) as hostile.

But, no hostility intended on my part.

• Love
Reactions: marks and L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
= Let's stick to different peoples' different interpretations of scripture.
Yeah see, I do not believe there is a secret rapture to steal away the faithful from the wrath of satan.

There will be a second coming of Christ Jesus to gather his saints from the four corners of the Earth at the last trump, AFTER the tribulation of those days, poured upon the saints whom would not bow to him and take his mark !

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Premil people are divided between historic Premil and Dispensationalists. Historic Premil believe that Israel = Jews and Gentiles in Christ through faith in Christ and Israel is being saved every time a Jew or Gentile turns to faith in Christ. Historic premil = post tribulation. Dispensationlist = Pre-tribulation rapture. And number of other differences.

Amil = return of Christ = the burning up of the current earth and universe and the arrival of a new heavens and new earth. No thousand years. Amil = the thousand years has been happening since Calvary. It's a symbolic number.

Postmil = the gospel will eventually rule the world and the church will gradually become more and more triumphant and make the planet ready for the return of Christ.

Preterists = Jesus already returned in 70 A.D spiritually and the new heavens and new earth and thousand years and everything else is now.

Partial Preterists = as above but Jesus never returned in AD70 and is still coming back.

That's the gist of it. Historic Premils don't agree with one another on everything. Nor do Disps. And Amils have the greatest variety of differing beliefs under the umbrella of Amil than all.
Dispensational people are devided into three groups as for as the tribulation goes.

pre-trib
Mid-trib
and Post-trib.

No Gentile is included in the promise given to the jew
'
However the body of Christ. which has been added to since Adam and eve were first added. includes both jew and gentile.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeah see, I do not believe there is a secret rapture to steal away the faithful from the wrath of satan.

There will be a second coming of Christ Jesus to gather his saints from the four corners of the Earth at the last trump, AFTER the tribulation of those days, poured upon the saints whom would not bow to him and take his mark !
My point was that their will be a return.. In-spite of what someone said about Amill believing Christ will never return.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point was that their will be a return.. In-spite of what someone said about Amill believing Christ will never return.
I think the comment was made to preterism and partial preterists and what they espouse.
Some believe he returned in 70 A D some ( the partials) believe he has yet to return.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think the comment was made to preterism and partial preterists and what they espouse.
Some believe he returned in 70 A D some ( the partials) believe he has yet to return.
I actually never heard of the word preterism until I entered a christian chat. so many different beliefs..lol

Anyway this is the post I was prety much responding to, about there being no future return.
That's postmillennialism. Wikipedia is wrong.

Amillennialism is the belief that Christ's rule from heaven never ends. There is no future return. This is it.
I should have quoted it. I am sorry for causing confusion

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just to follow on this. This isn't even my position, so I'm not really here to defend it.

I just thought it should be mentioned, since it's definitely a different thing than the others that were listed.
Yes it's on the chart on pg. 1. Ppl have many different beliefs on these and I'm looking for some to go really into depth on the differences.
So may we bear with together ❤️
1000016348.png

Reactions: JBO
Status
Not open for further replies.