Amillennialism vs premillennialism ......how & why ppl believe different.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I have been observing your thread you've just left. Did you know we can request as the O.P. to have them locked ?

I'm trying to bone up on Apologetics & Eschatology as well.
WE are at the beginning of the END of this world as we know it!

Praise God, I'm looking for a better home filled only with God !

Yes, by all means we should close down anyone who dares to come with doctrine that proves our doctrine is unbiblical!

FWIW we have been living in the end of days of this world since Christ came to earth a man with the spiritual Kingdom of God that is within you. A Kingdom btw many of you here seem to still be waiting to physically come to be set up a temporary physical kingdom on this earth for 1000 literal years, because this earth is destined to destruction. But don't let words like eternal, everlasting, and forever get in the way of this imaginary kingdom to come.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually never heard of the word preterism until I entered a christian chat. so many different beliefs..lol

Anyway this is the post I was prety much responding to, about there being no future return.

I should have quoted it. I am sorry for causing confusion
No worries, me memory fades daily as I grow older in the saddle !

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, by all means we should close down anyone who dares to come with doctrine that proves our doctrine is unbiblical!

FWIW we have been living in the end of days of this world since Christ came to earth a man with the spiritual Kingdom of God that is within you. A Kingdom btw many of you here seem to still be waiting to physically come to be set up a temporary physical kingdom on this earth for 1000 literal years, because this earth is destined to destruction. But don't let words like eternal, everlasting, and forever get in the way of this imaginary kingdom to come.
who said she was closing people down?

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually never heard of the word preterism until I entered a christian chat. so many different beliefs..lol

Anyway this is the post I was prety much responding to, about there being no future return.

I should have quoted it. I am sorry for causing confusion

Me also.
I was tore up the first few years in forums and the many many beliefs, distortions, delusions and out-right lies ppl bought into.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you came here to cause a ruckus, please leave.
If you came to share your thoughts do so in love and peace, please!

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If we look at the prophecies concerning Israel and Christ.

The pre mill people believe Israel will be restored. and the prophesies Christ has not fulfilled yet will be fulfilled at his second coming

the Amil people believe God is done with Israel. The church has replaced Israel concerning the promises. And Christ is reigning and ruling with a rod of Iron today. and has been since he left.

To me it is an interpretation issue..

This is not quite correct. Amil doesn't believe God is done with Israel! Quite the contrary in fact. We believe ALL ISRAEL shall be saved. However ALL ISRAEL includes Gentiles who are grafted into the good olive tree of faith with Israelites of faith, so ALL ISRAEL that shall be saved is NOT an ethnic people like Israel of old, but ALL PEOPLE of faith. That means Amil does not believe the Church replaces Israel, rather Amil correctly understands exactly who Israel according to Christ is through Him.

Reactions: JBO and Ritajanice

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another questions is by what standards do we consider something metaphor or allegory or type or literal?

For instance, Rev. 20, speaking of the 1000 year kingdom, does not identify this as allegory or metaphor. Where Paul writes in Galatians of Hagar and Sarah, of the Jerusalem below, and the heavenly Jerusalem, he not only shows the equivalencies, but explains the meaning.

So in this example, I see the 1000 years as literal, and the Galatians passage as allegory. That's because I look for the text itself to show when something is a symbol, and what that symbol means.

There appeared another great sign, a red dragon . . . then later in the chapter, the dragon, that ancient serpent, the devil, Satan. The symbol is both identified and defined.

Someone else will determine that something is a symbol without the text explicitly stating that, and will determine what that symbol means, again with the text explicity stating it. This determination is made based on necessity, that if this isn't actually speaking of a literal 1000 year kingdom, then we need to find what it IS speaking of. So it must be a symbol, and we need to find the meaning.

Everyone has the line they draw between these two positions, or styles of interpretation. I find that the more literal interpretation, the more pre-mil, pre-trib, dispensational someone will be. Other positions require less literal interpretation.

To be clear . . . these are simply my observations.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is not quite correct. Amil doesn't believe God is done with Israel! Quite the contrary in fact. We believe ALL ISRAEL shall be saved. However ALL ISRAEL includes Gentiles who are grafted into the good olive tree of faith with Israelites of faith, so ALL ISRAEL that shall be saved is NOT an ethnic people like Israel of old, but ALL PEOPLE of faith. That means Amil does not believe the Church replaces Israel, rather Amil correctly understands exactly who Israel according to Christ is through Him.
This highlights part of the difficulty in discussion. We use the same words, but mean different things.

Much love!

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you came here to cause a ruckus, please leave.
If you came to share your thoughts do so in love and peace, please!

How is wanting to speak biblical truth causing a ruckus??? By sharing the doctrine of Amillennialism that I believe is the only position regarding biblical eschatology that does not force contradiction into God's Word, I am already labeled the enemy by those of you who desire to prove my doctrine is unbiblical. Is it I speaking what I believe to be biblical truth that causes ruckus, or is it those opposed whose desire it is to castigate, belittle and slander my point of view without really even understanding it???

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This highlights part of the difficulty in discussion. We use the same words, but mean different things.

Much love!

Then the purpose for these discussions should be to learn what is true of other positions before assuming they are unbiblical.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another questions is by what standards do we consider something metaphor or allegory or type or literal?

For instance, Rev. 20, speaking of the 1000 year kingdom, does not identify this as allegory or metaphor. Where Paul writes in Galatians of Hagar and Sarah, of the Jerusalem below, and the heavenly Jerusalem, he not only shows the equivalencies, but explains the meaning.

So in this example, I see the 1000 years as literal, and the Galatians passage as allegory. That's because I look for the text itself to show when something is a symbol, and what that symbol means.

There appeared another great sign, a red dragon . . . then later in the chapter, the dragon, that ancient serpent, the devil, Satan. The symbol is both identified and defined.

Someone else will determine that something is a symbol without the text explicitly stating that, and will determine what that symbol means, again with the text explicity stating it. This determination is made based on necessity, that if this isn't actually speaking of a literal 1000 year kingdom, then we need to find what it IS speaking of. So it must be a symbol, and we need to find the meaning.

Everyone has the line they draw between these two positions, or styles of interpretation. I find that the more literal interpretation, the more pre-mil, pre-trib, dispensational someone will be. Other positions require less literal interpretation.

To be clear . . . these are simply my observations.

Much love!
I believe also that the Spirit will define between the two for us if we seek before study, question during study and pray after also.

I agree the context and content will usually define if it's literal or otherwise.

I think some try to hard to be as wise as God and yet forget we are flesh and look through the glass darkly.

• Love
Reactions: Zao is life

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we're trying to have a polite and respectful discussion, aren't we?

Much love!

It would be wonderful to have a polite and respectful discussion with all who participate in these threads. Sadly, they tend to turn into heated debates when error of ones doctrine is shown. That's exactly what happened in the thread similar to this one.

Much love to you as well marks!

Reactions: Ritajanice

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How is wanting to speak biblical truth causing a ruckus??? By sharing the doctrine of Amillennialism that I believe is the only position regarding biblical eschatology that does not force contradiction into God's Word, I am already labeled the enemy by those of you who desire to prove my doctrine is unbiblical. Is it I speaking what I believe to be biblical truth that causes ruckus, or is it those opposed whose desire it is to castigate, belittle and slander my point of view without really even understanding it???
I came with only the agenda to learn more about how and why ppl believe in the different stances.
You came in like a storm-trooper looking for Luke.

Your belief is yours as well as everyone else's, I doubt we will ever change one another. The thing is to learn, that we may love in peace, ok.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

rwb

Nov 11, 2022
Branson
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came with only the agenda to learn more about how and why ppl believe in the different stances.
You came in like a storm-trooper looking for Luke.

Your belief is yours as well as everyone else's, I doubt we will ever change one another. The thing is to learn, that we may love in peace, ok.

I sincerely apologize that is what it appears. It is not my intention to be rude and disrespectful of others. When a discussion is started that assumes to have understanding for the doctrine of Amil, then proceeds to prove what they think is NOT in fact the doctrine of Amil, I find the agenda has already been established. The agenda I believe is typically to bash anything and anyone holding to the Amil position. I'm often left scratching my head at the assumptions made of this doctrine on these boards. If you started the thread because you wanted to better understand the differences in these positions, it would have been better if you had not made an erroneous assumption of Amil from the first post.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe also that the Spirit will define between the two for us if we seek before study, question during study and pray after also.

I agree the context and content will usually define if it's literal or otherwise.
I think the Holy Spirit will never contradict His Word, and so any true understanding will be seeable and proveable from the written Word. Absolutely, pray first, and during, and after, and don't ever stop. And pray before posting, and during, and after.

My POV is that if the Bible doesn't say something is a symbol, you can say it is, but you will not have Biblical authority to say so. Does that mean you are of necessity wrong? Not necessarily, only, that it's not stated as such in the Bible.

Much love!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sincerely apologize that is what it appears. It is not my intention to be rude and disrespectful of others. When a discussion is started that assumes to have understanding for the doctrine of Amil, then proceeds to prove what they think is NOT in fact the doctrine of Amil, I find the agenda has already been established. The agenda I believe is typically to bash anything and anyone holding to the Amil position. I'm often left scratching my head at the assumptions made of this doctrine on these boards. If you started the thread because you wanted to better understand the differences in these positions, it would have been better if you had not made an erroneous assumption of Amil from the first post.
I copied what was online and much of that is what I have read in forums over the years.

Look-it before you tweak my ears, sort yourself out. I ain't no snow-flake and I love "ignore" furthermore I will call to Admin to have a cease and desist if needed....ok comprenda?

Btw, apology accepted.

Reactions: Zao is life
Status
Not open for further replies.