An idea for your consideration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I was more aiming at the method by which one may obtain answers; which is prayer and contemplation for matters to do with God, and scientific method for matters to do with science. But I do not think we disagree in any substantial way?

Best wishes, 2RM.
God created the earth, and scripture tells us what will happen with the earth. We don't need to worry about the so-called global warming or climate change.

What we are told to do is to steward the earth ...be fruitful, multiply, take dominion and subdue the earth. On the spiritual side, we are instructed to love God, and love others (service) and spread the Gospel of the kingdom.

Reactions: L.A.M.B. and marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seems to me these billionaires are doing very well restricting the rest of us simply by hogging the greater part of the Earth's resources. And that won't change until we proletarians realise that is the game they are playing, and decline to contribute to their economic system.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Having food and clothing, be content.

Much love!

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we face climate change. Doubtless the wealthy west will survive. But the poor in Africa, Latin America, and southern Asia face some tough times ahead. Given this situation what is the appropriately ethical response? I have some ideas, but before I launch into them, I want to open up the forum to your thoughts.

Best wishes, 2RM.
I keep seeing references to the western countries as wealthy....we are 23 Trillion dollars in debt...and our government continues to pass stimulus bills to "boost" the economy that they have destroyed....then to cover their mistakes they blame the wealthy for not paying their fair share of taxes..(possibly because they give millions to charities which is a tax write off)...we spend billions to aid countries such as Africa, Latin America and Southern Asia as well as many other foreign countries....
We spend billions of dollars in military funding to protect other countries from their enemies....
Sorry, but I get tired of the "west" being referred to as wealthy. We are burdened beyond our means to keep our own country going let alone all the other ones we support.
And on top of that our government is shutting down our resources which is our bread and butter to even be a wealthy nation. Agriculture, oil and gas, beef...etc.
That's all I have to say.
Have a blessed day.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Auroras are not caused by the loss of oxygen and nitrogen, another ignorant statement.

Electrons erupt from solar flares, and reach Earth in about two days, and the interactions with oxygen and nitrogen cause the light show.

That would be the 'excitmemt' of O and N that a spoke of. How you think verifying what I said somehow counters my refutation of this:

the only gases that regularly escape Earth's atmosphere are hydrogen and helium, the lightest elements in the universe.

Is mind boggling.

Some of those O and N ions are constantly being accelerated down the magnetotail and lost to space..

Happily we have a ready supply of oxygen thanks to plant life, or else we would have only a very thin ozone layer (like Venus and Mars) and life could not exist..

Pax et Bonum

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Please let me know if your point of view is not represented here.

My pov that the physics is fundamentaly flawed and thus akin to unicorns and fantasyland is not represented.

That some have pushed this fantasy to use the fear generated to implement their own social ideology is plain to anyone who is a true skeptic..

Pax et Bonum

Reactions: marks

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I keep seeing references to the western countries as wealthy....we are 23 Trillion dollars in debt...and our government continues to pass stimulus bills to "boost" the economy that they have destroyed....then to cover their mistakes they blame the wealthy for not paying their fair share of taxes..(possibly because they give millions to charities which is a tax write off)...we spend billions to aid countries such as Africa, Latin America and Southern Asia as well as many other foreign countries....
We spend billions of dollars in military funding to protect other countries from their enemies....
Sorry, but I get tired of the "west" being referred to as wealthy. We are burdened beyond our means to keep our own country going let alone all the other ones we support.
And on top of that our government is shutting down our resources which is our bread and butter to even be a wealthy nation. Agriculture, oil and gas, beef...etc.
That's all I have to say.
Have a blessed day.

Uh huh. But we are (arguably) wealthy because we can afford to service that debt.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My pov that the physics is fundamentaly flawed and thus akin to unicorns and fantasyland is not represented.

That some have pushed this fantasy to use the fear generated to implement their own social ideology is plain to anyone who is a true skeptic..

Pax et Bonum

Sceptic or cynic? That question lodged, thank you for specifying your position.

Best wishes, 2RM

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God created the earth, and scripture tells us what will happen with the earth. We don't need to worry about the so-called global warming or climate change.

What we are told to do is to steward the earth ...be fruitful, multiply, take dominion and subdue the earth. On the spiritual side, we are instructed to love God, and love others (service) and spread the Gospel of the kingdom.

These instructions may have been entirely appropriate for a primitive bronze age tribe, as the ancient Jews then were, but their relevance is less in our age, I think. By the way, do you want to steward the Earth, or subdue it? The connotations are different.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I heard on the radio yesterday that Ghandi said: the earth provides for everyone's need, but not everyone's greed. This debate, at it's meta-level, seems to me to be about our choice between need and greed.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be the 'excitmemt' of O and N that a spoke of. How you think verifying what I said somehow counters my refutation of this:

Is mind boggling.

Some of those O and N ions are constantly being accelerated down the magnetotail and lost to space..

Happily we have a ready supply of oxygen thanks to plant life, or else we would have only a very thin ozone layer (like Venus and Mars) and life could not exist..

Pax et Bonum

Yes sea plants like phytoplankton, kelp, and algal plankton and others produce much of the earth's oxygen.

Do you have any data or a link about oxygen and nitrogen is being accelerated down the magnetotail and lost in space?

Where in the magnoshere is it lost?

Attachments

• 1Msphere.jpg
    1Msphere.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Reactions: BeyondET

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

That is a electric charge oxygen ion in the ionosphere created by earth's magnetic core, has nothing to do with breathable oxygen escaping from earth's atmosphere but the escape rate from earth's core down the ionosphere tail and solar wind can effect the output. Earth produces oxygen ions rather the lower atmosphere has air to breath or not.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is a electric charge oxygen ion in the ionosphere created by earth's magnetic core, has nothing to do with breathable oxygen escaping from earth's atmosphere but the escape rate from earth's core down the ionosphere tail and solar wind can effect the output. Earth produces oxygen ions rather the lower atmosphere has air to breath or not.
And O2 molecules decrease with altitude because of barometric pressure

Reactions: farouk and BeyondET

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is a electric charge oxygen ion in the ionosphere created by earth's magnetic core, has nothing to do with breathable oxygen escaping from earth's atmosphere but the escape rate from earth's core down the ionosphere tail and solar wind can effect the output. Earth produces oxygen ions rather the

I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

The ions in the ionosphere are produced by photolysis of the upper atmosphere by UV and other high energy solar radiation

"Ionization at any given level depends on three factors—the availability of photons of a wavelength capable of effecting ionization, a supply of atoms and molecules necessary to intercept this radiation, and the efficiency with which the atoms and molecules are able to do so
The efficiency is relatively large for O, O2, and N2 from about 10 to 80 nm. This is the portion of the spectrum responsible for production of electrons and ions in the F1 region. Photons with wavelengths between 90 and 100 nm are absorbed only by O2. They therefore penetrate deeper and are responsible for producing about half the ionization in the E layer. The balance is derived from so-called “soft” X-rays (those of longer wavelengths), which are absorbed with relatively low efficiency in the F region and so are able to penetrate to altitudes of about 120 km (75 miles) when the Sun is high over the region. “Hard” X-rays (those of shorter wavelengths—that is, below about 5 nm) reach even deeper. This portion of the spectrum accounts for the bulk of the ionization in the D region, with an additional contribution from wavelengths longer than 102.6 nm—mainly from photons in the strong solar emission line at Lyman α at a wavelength of 121.7 nm. (The Lyman series is a related sequence of wavelengths that describe electromagnetic energy given off by energized atoms in the ultraviolet region.) Lyman α emissions are weakly absorbed by the major components of the atmosphere—O, O2, and N2—but they are absorbed readily by NO and have sufficient energy to ionize this relatively unstable compound. Despite the low abundance of NO, the high flux of solar radiation at Lyman α is able to provide a significant source of ionization for the D region near 90 km (55 miles)."

ionosphere and magnetosphere - Mechanisms of ionization

Pax et Bonum

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have no idea what you are trying to say here.

The ions in the ionosphere are produced by photolysis of the upper atmosphere by UV and other high energy solar radiation

"Ionization at any given level depends on three factors—the availability of photons of a wavelength capable of effecting ionization, a supply of atoms and molecules necessary to intercept this radiation, and the efficiency with which the atoms and molecules are able to do so
The efficiency is relatively large for O, O2, and N2 from about 10 to 80 nm. This is the portion of the spectrum responsible for production of electrons and ions in the F1 region. Photons with wavelengths between 90 and 100 nm are absorbed only by O2. They therefore penetrate deeper and are responsible for producing about half the ionization in the E layer. The balance is derived from so-called “soft” X-rays (those of longer wavelengths), which are absorbed with relatively low efficiency in the F region and so are able to penetrate to altitudes of about 120 km (75 miles) when the Sun is high over the region. “Hard” X-rays (those of shorter wavelengths—that is, below about 5 nm) reach even deeper. This portion of the spectrum accounts for the bulk of the ionization in the D region, with an additional contribution from wavelengths longer than 102.6 nm—mainly from photons in the strong solar emission line at Lyman α at a wavelength of 121.7 nm. (The Lyman series is a related sequence of wavelengths that describe electromagnetic energy given off by energized atoms in the ultraviolet region.) Lyman α emissions are weakly absorbed by the major components of the atmosphere—O, O2, and N2—but they are absorbed readily by NO and have sufficient energy to ionize this relatively unstable compound. Despite the low abundance of NO, the high flux of solar radiation at Lyman α is able to provide a significant source of ionization for the D region near 90 km (55 miles)."

ionosphere and magnetosphere - Mechanisms of ionization

Pax et Bonum
You started quoting me saying yes oxygen is lost into space, a oxygen ion will but not breathable air.

Atomic oxygen is not breathable air which does not escape into space