An idea for your consideration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a ridiculous assertion.

False. The Earth also loses O and N. Their excitment in the thermosphere can be seen in the auroras..

Who doesn't know what they're talking about?

Pax et Bonum
Who doesn't know again? its You.

Auroras are not caused by the loss of oxygen and nitrogen, another ignorant statement.

Electrons erupt from solar flares, and reach Earth in about two days, and the interactions with oxygen and nitrogen cause the light show.

Plants and microbes are eating more nitrogen, the oxygen loss is nothing to be concerned with its so small it not even funny.

You need to study a bit better before making such statements.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
..the idea that CO2 is a pollutant is absurd and totally politically motivated. I learned in biology class that CO2 is necessary to sustain life on Earth. The propaganists have turned a trace gas into the boogey man and want to turn back the advances in all areas of human life from the industrial revolution.

What would be their motive for wanting to turn back the advances?
As regards CO2, it's not poisonous but can still hurt the earth-

"..since the 1800s, human activities have been the main driver of climate change, primarily due to burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas.
Burning fossil fuels generates greenhouse gas emissions that act like a blanket wrapped around the Earth, trapping the sun’s heat and raising temperatures.
Examples of greenhouse gas emissions that are causing climate change include carbon dioxide and methane. These come from using gasoline for driving a car or coal for heating a building, for example. Clearing land and forests can also release carbon dioxide. Landfills for garbage are a major source of methane emissions. Energy, industry, transport, buildings, agriculture and land use are among the main emitters."
https://www.un.org/en/climatechange/what-is-climate-change

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So, just to summarise thus far, we seem to have split ourselves neatly into two camps; those of us who accept the conventional view of global warming/climate change, and those of us who think that view is motivated by political power plays amongst those who have something to gain (what, exactly?) by spreading a myth. Please let me know if your point of view is not represented here.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

"..since the 1800s, human activities have been the main driver of climate change, primarily due to burning fossil fuels like coal, oil and gas.
Burning fossil fuels generates greenhouse gas emissions that act like a blanket wrapped around the Earth, trapping the sun’s heat and raising temperatures.
Examples of greenhouse gas emissions that are causing climate change include carbon dioxide and methane. These come from using gasoline for driving a car or coal for heating a building, for example. Clearing land and forests can also release carbon dioxide. Landfills for garbage are a major source of methane emissions. Energy, industry, transport, buildings, agriculture and land use are among the main emitters."

Carbon dioxide is poisonous in high amounts I've read 50,000 people are hospitalized each year in the U.S. and around 100 deaths from over exposure. there's only about .04% breathed in normally.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you really think Al Gore believes his private jets and his mansions are ruining the earth? Hypocrits galore in this "global warming" farce!

Hypocrites galore? Name another, then. Gore though, is an interesting case. I understand he offsets his carbon footprint by planting trees. Does the forum think this is an adequate response? If not, why not?

Best wishes, 2RM

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Which scientists?

The data does not support global warming. Follow the science. Mars is warming. Do people cause that?

It is more than possible for Mars to warm and the Earth to warm for entirely different reasons.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Does their motive matter? The motive of communism is power over their fellow man.

Sad that you quote the devils words. Fortunately, the facts go against this statement of faith. Mars atmosphere is almost all CO2 and is very cold. Whereas we have but a trace amount of gas. This disproves the UN's statement of faith of the horrors of CO2.

Guess what? Global warming is good for life. CO2 is not just not poisonous, it's good for life.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Carbon dioxide is poisonous in high amounts I've read 50,000 people are hospitalized each year in the U.S. and around 100 deaths from over exposure. there's only about .04% breathed in normally.
Global warming is good for life. CO2 is not just not poisonous, it's good for life.

Which one of you is right?..;)

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is more than possible for Mars to warm and the Earth to warm for entirely different reasons.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Why would you say then that Mars warms and cools along with the Earth? Do you have an explanation?

And why suppose that as the planets warm and cool on the same cycle that it would not be for the same reason?

Much love!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hypocrites galore? Name another, then. Gore though, is an interesting case. I understand he offsets his carbon footprint by planting trees. Does the forum think this is an adequate response? If not, why not?

Best wishes, 2RM
Bill Gates, all of them, his private jet takes him to the helicopter, which takes him to the SUV, to take him to his mansion. That's how they travel. That's how they live. Rules for thee but not for me!

Much love!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Why would you say then that Mars warms and cools along with the Earth? Do you have an explanation?

And why suppose that as the planets warm and cool on the same cycle that it would not be for the same reason?

Much love!

I am no expert on Mars, and whether or not and why it warms. The point I made on causation stands, though.

Best wishes, 2RM.

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bill Gates, all of them, his private jet takes him to the helicopter, which takes him to the SUV, to take him to his mansion. That's how they travel. That's how they live. Rules for thee but not for me!

Much love!

They don't make the law. And whether you do, for yourself, and observe it is between you and your conscience.

Best wishes, 2RM.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am no expert on Mars, and whether or not and why it warms. The point I made on causation stands, though.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Yes, I understand, only, there is the matter of critical reasoning.

Two ice cubes sitting on the same countertop melt. But you would have to actually prove that they melted for the same reason.

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They don't make the law. And whether you do, for yourself, and observe it is between you and your conscience.

Best wishes, 2RM.

The law?

The point is, they are hypocrits in that they do what they tell others to not do. And by their actions they demonstrate their unbelief in their own words. They don't care if they carbon up the atmosphere, they only want to restrict what you do.

Much love!

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Does their motive matter? The motive of communism is power over their fellow man.

Motive matters a great deal. It explains, if not everything, certainly a great deal. Ask any keen reader of murder mystery novels.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The law?

The point is, they are hypocrits in that they do what they tell others to not do. And by their actions they demonstrate their unbelief in their own words. They don't care if they carbon up the atmosphere, they only want to restrict what you do.

Much love!

Seems to me these billionaires are doing very well restricting the rest of us simply by hogging the greater part of the Earth's resources. And that won't change until we proletarians realise that is the game they are playing, and decline to contribute to their economic system.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Indeed so. There are questions for God, and questions for science. The starting point of wisdom is to be able to recognise which is which.

Best wishes, 2RM.
Yes, for science is merely a search lead by our own understanding, and only the study of the mechanics of all that God has done; while it is "the Lord who gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding."

Last edited:

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, for science is a merely a search lead by our own understanding, and only the study of the mechanics of all that God has done; while it is "the Lord who gives wisdom; from His mouth come knowledge and understanding."
Yes, I was more aiming at the method by which one may obtain answers; which is prayer and contemplation for matters to do with God, and scientific method for matters to do with science. But I do not think we disagree in any substantial way? It has been said (I forget by who) that all of science is thinking God's thoughts, after Him.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited:
Reactions: ScottA