An idea for your consideration.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You started quoting me saying yes oxygen is lost into space, a oxygen ion will but not breathable air.

The air isnt breathable long before one reaches the thermosphere..

But all that oxygen being lost to space comes from somewhere, on Earth thats mostly from plants.

On Venus and Mars, there being no life to supply oxygen and thus no substansial. O2 and ozone layer to absorb uvc and uvb light, the solar radiation has instead been cooking off their water which disassociates into H and O when exposed to high energy solar radiation.
There is very little of it left on Venus and not much more on Mars..

Pax et Bonum

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The air isnt breathable long before one reaches the thermosphere..

But all that oxygen being lost to space comes from somewhere, on Earth thats mostly from plants.

On Venus and Mars, there being no life to supply oxygen and thus no substansial. O2 and ozone layer to absorb uvc and uvb light, the solar radiation has instead been cooking off their water which disassociates into H and O when exposed to high energy solar radiation.
There is very little of it left on Venus and not much more on Mars..

Pax et Bonum
Oxygen is the third most abundant element in the universe. A quasar produces oxygen and its not from plants nor is most of the oxygen in the universe from plants.

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Oxygen is the third most abundant element in the universe. A quasar produces oxygen and its not from plants nor is most of the oxygen in the universe from plants.

Oi, what are you arguing about man?

The oxygen in Earths atmosphere is almost entirely a product of plants photsynthesis.. Effectively converting our co2 to providing a plentiful o2 supply which is why we have a (relatively)thick ozone layer which protects our water from uv disassociation and loss

What other oxygen supply to our atmosphere are you suggesting?

Pax et Bonum

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oi, what are you arguing about man?

The oxygen in Earths atmosphere is almost entirely a product of plants photsynthesis.. Effectively converting our co2 to providing a plentiful o2 supply which is why we have a (relatively)thick ozone layer which protects our water from uv disassociation and loss

What other oxygen supply to our atmosphere are you suggesting?

Pax et Bonum
It's when carbon dioxide is broken down. That is why its the third most abundant element in the entire universe no plants are needed to produce it. Not saying the ocean doesn't produce 70% of earth's breathable oxygen which is not pure oxygen you would die instinctly if you breathed in that much.

Oddly enough the Earth's atmosphere, hydrosphere, and biosphere together hold less than 0.05% of the Earth's total mass of oxygen

Last edited:

BeyondET

Jul 9, 2022
Hampton Roads
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even in the sun oxygen is the third abundant atom, no plant has ever lived on the sun.

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
So, we face climate change. Doubtless the wealthy west will survive. But the poor in Africa, Latin America, and southern Asia face some tough times ahead. Given this situation what is the appropriately ethical response? I have some ideas, but before I launch into them, I want to open up the forum to your thoughts.

Best wishes, 2RM.
We live close to Antartica and I agree that climate change does exist. I just think it is a little on the late side for some countries. We have noticed living on the southern most part of the world, animals like sharks that have been seen and have attacked swimmers. Something that has never happened before because it was too cold here for sharks. Also the seasons ie: winter are getting shorter and less cold. Fruit trees that are bearing x2 per year instead of x1...and there are many other small signs of changes to the climate here in NZ

Reactions: BeyondET

2ndRateMind

Aug 18, 2021
Bristol,UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I am 60 years old. Since I was twenty, I have supported The British Green (political) Party, (or the Ecology Party as it was then) Finally, it seems, despite the countervailing vested interests, green issues are beginning to become relevant and important, in the media, in politics, and in business. But Oh! if we had only started 40 years ago, when I first began to take an interest! I guess, though, we just have to find as much hope as time allows us.

Best wishes, 2RM.

Last edited: