An Internet Kill Switch?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Remember how we were afraid that the President would have an Internet kill switch? Everyone worried this would limit communication and free speech in the time of a national emergency. Probably one does not have to worry so much about the President as much as Microsoft, and I'm sure government could buy them for a price. The latest is that Windows 8 has a kill "switch" that Ballmer could comfortably sit back, light a cigar, and disable the OS while puzzled flocks of helpless people look at their frozen computer screens.

Actually, this is no surprise as I posted videos before about how the OS gets viruses by design because of back-door control by Microsoft. Virus writers just use this to their advantage. Remember, this ability for Microsoft to control you computers (and thus hackers) can and will affect portable devices as well. I would not want my daughter broken down in the middle of nowhere, and her Microsoft phone has a virus preventing her from calling home. That was my accurate prediction of the fall of these Microsoft devices --- people are not used to those types of electronics failing in that way and won't put up with it. But just remember, if you are one of the many corralled flocks of people who "own" a Microsoft computer, it's not really your computer. The software, and everything on it, even your own compositional writings, are theirs to profit off of and you can't do a thing about it.

Here's the article:

http://www.pcmag.com...,2400985,00.asp

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
The global plantation's a coming...ya'll get ready

LOL. But my PC's don't get viruses. I hope yours does not, either WITHOUT virus protection. If you can't achieve that, then you haven't "attained" yet. :lol:

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no expectation of privacy on the internet! I have all private information on a computer without internet access. I think we should all be able to live our lives without the internet - people did so for centuries.