An Ode for the looming Brexit situation in Great Britain?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Lol, must have been sometime ago as we no longer have bus conductors - just drivers with automatic ticket machines and scanners - yes, I can imagine the old conductors saying that- nothings changed, still applicable !

Reactions: farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Lol, must have been sometime ago as we no longer have bus conductors - just drivers with automatic ticket machines and scanners - yes, I can imagine the old conductors saying that- nothings changed, still applicable !
The more things change, the more they stay the same... "Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose..."

Reactions: Butterfly
B

Butterfly

The only news I saw was about garage going on about his Brexit party - I cannot stand him, he prompts for Brexit, gets the vote, walks away and now comes back and thinks people should take him seriously a second time- jumping on the band wagon!
I doubt anyone else can do anything any better - I do like the new independent group though, if we had a general election they would get my vote.
Rita

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The only news I saw was about garage going on about his Brexit party - I cannot stand him, he prompts for Brexit, gets the vote, walks away and now comes back and thinks people should take him seriously a second time- jumping on the band wagon!
I doubt anyone else can do anything any better - I do like the new independent group though, if we had a general election they would get my vote.
Rita
Mine too Rita.

B

Butterfly

lol who's ' garage ' I have invented a new Brexit party leader !!!!!:D
I meant Farage !

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Mrs May, a Shakespearean philosopher: 'To be, or not to be, that is the question...' ?

(I wonder, maybe a nicer way for her to go down in history as a Shakespearean philosopher...?) o_O
We have now had two female leaders both of whom have brought this country to it's knees - but not in prayer. Mrs Thatcher demolished the manufacturing industry, the mining industry and the engineering industry and Mrs M has made such a mess of the Brexit negotiations.

B

Butterfly

Oh come on pearl , the men haven't done too well either !! Lol
Actually when was the last Good leader - Winston Churchill, maybe !

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe they haven't done much better but they didn't bring the country down like these two women.

B

Butterfly

What about Tony Blair - might not have brought the country down but he sure sent us to a war that we should never have got involved with !
Not sure Tereasa may has actually brought us down yet, just made us look stupid, but the whole of the government have contributed, especially Corbyn
Maggie Thatcher, yes I agree- although she was brilliant with the Falklands war , IMO

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
What about Tony Blair - might not have brought the country down but he sure sent us to a war that we should never have got involved with !
Not sure Tereasa may has actually brought us down yet, just made us look stupid, but the whole of the government have contributed, especially Corbyn
Maggie Thatcher, yes I agree- although she was brilliant with the Falklands war , IMO
I take your point about Tony Blair.

Mrs. Thatcher got a big profile with the electorate after the Falklands War, but Mr Callaghan sent down the fleet without publicity some years before, to dissuade a military intervention by the Argentinians.

B

Butterfly

I take your point about Tony Blair.

Mrs. Thatcher got a big profile with the electorate after the Falklands War, but Mr Callaghan sent down the fleet without publicity some years before, to dissuade a military intervention by the Argentinians.
I didn't know that Farouk, and it must have been known publically since then - well you know about it ! Lol
I was busy being a mum back then, so I was often pre occupied, but the Falklands war itself was on to all the time, my cousins husband was out there and my brother was on standby - but thankfully was never called up to go. We recently found out we have family in Argentina and even though they knew nothing of ' who ' there family was they knew they were of British decent - so the father refused to fight against the British army.
Rita

Reactions: Helen and farouk

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didn't know that Farouk, and it must have been known publically since then - well you know about it ! Lol
I was busy being a mum back then, so I was often pre occupied, but the Falklands war itself was on to all the time, my cousins husband was out there and my brother was on standby - but thankfully was never called up to go. We recently found out we have family in Argentina and even though they knew nothing of ' who ' there family was they knew they were of British decent - so the father refused to fight against the British army.
Rita
I knew an Anglo-Argentinian family in a similar situation also. This is when it comes home just how horrible war is, and often avoidable with the exercise of wisdom.
Interesting that some of the leading advocates of the EU, such as Mr Juncker, say that the whole European Union project is basically in order to stop European countries fighting each other, as they have so often done in the past.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Interesting that Max Hastings in his book in Churchill as war leader says that in 1940, lots of Conservative MPs didn't even want him as leader (yes, really!! in 1940), and by a number of them was viewed disparagingly.

We do look to Providence rather than to human leadership, ultimately.

Reactions: Helen