An Ode for the looming Brexit situation in Great Britain?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

Go Back and look again, the UK was one place higher than the US on this list.

And on other lists six countries in South America outranked the rest of the world.

It depends on who's doing the ranking. Some of those organizations are definitely not friendly to the US.
What, I thanked Helen for pointing out that the USA was there, also you were the one that said ' it was the best ' - so rather than address the fact that the list you posted shows a different picture, you now say that ' they are biased towards the USA ' --
In other words your making excuses rather than admit you could be wrong in what you have conveyed

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I cannot really remember all the ins and outs of us going in as I was a young teenager and I didn't really understand it all. I agree that the EU needs to change, my brother lives in Germany and he agrees that it's a mess, but he is also in favour of us staying in rather than leave.
I am totally fed up with it all, but I do pray about it.
Rita
When we went into what was then called The Common Market, that's exactly what it was and then somehow it turned into this massive bureaucratic thing ruling us from Brussels. Cameron couldn't get a deal and so gave us the promised referendum think we would vote to stay in and then when we didn't he did a bunk. The people voted 'out' but most of the politicians seem to want to keep us in at any cost even if it means doing away with the democratic vote and having a second referendum. Might as well be decided by best of three or drawing straws or a toss of the coin. They have let us down so badly and lied and manipulated until we in this horrendous mess and made us a laughing stock.

Reactions: Helen

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think we have our wires cross here. o_O
Not sure you read my post correctly.

My daughter and husband have wonderful insurance. He owns his own business.

I was speaking about " Truth" a member of this site which had a wife in great need of help. It was they how were turned away until APAX sent him some links to take his wife.

In Canada and in UK, no one is ever turned away like that.
( unless things have changed there Rita @Butterfly ? )

Okay, I did misread. But that does not change the fact about referring versus denying. And while it may demand travel, there are tons of charity groups who assist people in these conditions.

This is getting way too complex.

I will close with there are plenty of people who travel from Europe and Canada to the US for medical attention because they can't get treatment in their own countries.

Canada has its own issues.
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.21.3.19
https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/wait_time_report2016_en.pdf
Canada’s healthcare disaster
What Canada can teach the US about health care reform

B

Butterfly

Many people do travel to the USA for treatment, but they often have to raise lots of money to be able to go.
Right I am done with the subject of healthcare - best if we just appreciate what we have within our own countries, and thank God that its met both our needs when it's been needed, others are not as fortunate x
Rita

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What, I thanked Helen for pointing out that the USA was there, also you were the one that said ' it was the best ' - so rather than address the fact that the list you posted shows a different picture, you now say that ' they are biased towards the USA ' --
In other words your making excuses rather than admit you could be wrong in what you have conveyed

There is no doubt anything UN associated is not friendly to the United States.

I mean good grief, you have Muslim countries in such as Russia sitting on the top committees.

WHO has an extremely political agenda, very much into one world government and I think communist.

This is like polls, do you trust them?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hisman

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Okay, I did misread. But that does not change the fact about referring versus denying. And while it may demand travel, there are tons of charity groups who assist people in these conditions.

This is getting way too complex.

I will close with there are plenty of people who travel from Europe and Canada to the US for medical attention because they can't get treatment in their own countries.

Canada has its own issues.
https://www.healthaffairs.org/doi/full/10.1377/hlthaff.21.3.19
https://secure.cihi.ca/free_products/wait_time_report2016_en.pdf
Canada’s healthcare disaster
What Canada can teach the US about health care reform

Id be the first to say that Canada is bad..and getting worse.
Agree, Canadians ( with money) travel down there to get surgery...because the waiting list here is horrendous. An MRI now can be a wait of almost a year ( if you can't pay $900 to get it done earlier. )

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Id be the first to say that Canada is bad..and getting worse.
Agree, Canadians ( with money) travel down there to get surgery...because the waiting list here is horrendous. An MRI now can be a wait of almost a year ( if you can't pay $900 to get it done earlier. )

As I said, there's no such thing as a perfect medical system.

When I got put my hospital for a nonemergency procedure, there was no waiting and I got an MRI the first full blame the hospital. Then after the procedure a follow-up MRI. Then was dismissed in less than a week and put under home care.

It is all crazy and there is no perfect answer.

B

Butterfly

There is no doubt anything UN associated is not friendly to the United States.

I mean good grief, you have Muslim countries in such as Russia sitting on the top committees.

WHO has an extremely political agenda, very much into one world government and I think communist.

This light polls, do you trust them?
I am so confused - you chose to post the poll , I presumed to justify what you had conveyed.
You picked it, why post it if you dont trust it !!!?

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
When we went into what was then called The Common Market, that's exactly what it was and then somehow it turned into this massive bureaucratic thing ruling us from Brussels. Cameron couldn't get a deal and so gave us the promised referendum think we would vote to stay in and then when we didn't he did a bunk. The people voted 'out' but most of the politicians seem to want to keep us in at any cost even if it means doing away with the democratic vote and having a second referendum. Might as well be decided by best of three or drawing straws or a toss of the coin. They have let us down so badly and lied and manipulated until we in this horrendous mess and made us a laughing stock.
The Mother of Parliaments seems to have become a rubber stamp for big corporations, never mind the result of the referendum.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Many people do travel to the USA for treatment, but they often have to raise lots of money to be able to go.
Right I am done with the subject of healthcare - best if we just appreciate what we have within our own countries, and thank God that its met both our needs when it's been needed, others are not as fortunate x
Rita
I understand that some ppl from the UK even fly to India for private treatment these days...

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
'Best' can mean different things to different people.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand that some ppl from the UK even fly to India for private treatment these days...

Very true...but must admit that 'creeps me out'...because when doctors move here from India their status is not recognised , neither from Mexico etc etc..they have to qualify before practicing. As d..o dentists.

So no, I couldn't go over there. Especially for transplants...which the poor people there use to get money to marry of their daughters etc etc..they sell of a kidney etc. But I'd also be afraid that people there kill other for a kidney or heart...NO, never would go overseas for surgery ...creepy.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The Mother of Parliaments seems to have become a rubber stamp for big corporations, never mind the result of the referendum.
It's a joke and during the Easter recess there have been a couple of plans to oust Mrs May.

Reactions: Hisman

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
To what avail...? o_O
To force either a general election or to oust Mrs May in favour of a new Tory leader and maybe open the door to further and better negotiations with Brussels. The British electorate now trust none of the main parties. It will be interesting.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
To force either a general election or to oust Mrs May in favour of a new Tory leader and maybe open the door to further and better negotiations with Brussels. The British electorate now trust none of the main parties. It will be interesting.
Seems to me it will be more or less tragic and futile if they do manage to pull it off, and tragic and futile if they don't....