An Ongoing Issue

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Wiseman

May 18, 2009
Recently I have seenA most disturbing thingInside my home townWhich makes my head ring.A fellow I knowOf character grandHas no use for GodOr any faith in the land.An odd fellow indeed,His kindness profoundHe brings succor to anyIn need he has found.And yet this good fellowof nature quite oddIs unceasingly harassedBy followers of God?I understand wellHis position's ill favorWhen given his adamantRejection of the Savior.But he keeps his own counselUnless engaged in debate,So I don't understandThis treatment of late.I've been trying most recentTo turn aside the blowBut I'm often ignored.A problem, you know?So might I imploreA suggestion or fourOf ways to stop fellowsFrom bothering him more?

For Life

Feb 24, 2007
I'm sorry he is being bothered by people of faith. But christians love this fellow and don't want to see him judged to an eternity in Hell. You can't force him to be saved but that won't stop christians from trying to help this person. It is difficult to help a person who doesn't realize he needs help or doesn't want help. The important thing is to respect a persons wishes. God will change this person if it is His will to do so.

SoldierforChrist

Sep 21, 2008
Let me give you an illustration of this that might help you understand a little better.Picture this man driving down a road going 60 mph. The man thinks everything is fine and is enjoying the ride. Little does he know that the bridge is out ahead, and that if he does not stop he will drive right off the end of it. On the side of the road he keeps passing people that are yelling at him and waving their hands. Some of them are even going as far as jumping out in the road and throwing stuff in front of him to get his attention. The man quickly becomes frustrated at them and tells them just to leave him alone. Shaking his head in frustration at them he rounds the corner and goes off the end of the bridge. In the last few seconds of his life it all becomes clear to him and all the faces of those people warning him come back in a flash. Why did he not listen to them is all he can think...This is what they are doing. Trying to warn him before it is too late.