AN OPEN LETTER TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You sound like you are stuck in a revolving door….
It's called the Christian Bible. You should have read it before Kingdom Hall brainwashed you.
it wouldn’t matter what anyone said, you are happily stuck in a rut, and out of pure stubbornness, you won’t even read what anyone gives you as an explanation.
I've read the NWT. It says Jesus is God and Hell fire is everlasting. You should read it some time.
You still laughingly call the Kingdom Hall something that teaches us….
I did not. Stop lying! That's where JW's get their brainwashing.
.it’s a building Jack…it doesn’t teach anyone, anything.
See above.
We use the Kingdom Hall as a meeting place…it’s just bricks and mortar
See above.
. We also use the Watchtower Society to print our literature, but we are not the Kingdom Hall or the Watchtower…..we are Jehovah’s Witnesses, doing the same work that Jesus commanded his first century disciples to do. (Matt 10:11-14; Acts 20:20; Matt 24:14; Matt 28:19-20) He was a witness of Jehovah too Jack. (Rev 3:14)
Jesus is God and Hell is eternal. You keep evading! Your NWT says so.
Are you out there preaching Jack? When was the last time you knocked on someone’s door to offer them the good news of the kingdom?

You stick to your guns mate and we’ll all see in the end who were the true Christians and who has swallowed the devil’s lies, hook, line and sinker….do the deceived know that they are…..until it’s too late?
You're leading people to Hell fire!
You are just a blind hater Jack…..
You just spewed some JW HATRED!
no room in the kingdom for those who cannot be told, or who have no coherent explanation for, or understanding of, the scripture they use.
That's a pretty good description of JW's who twist nearly every verse in the Bible!
I feel sorry for you.
You feel sorry for Bible believers? No surprise.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I believe that God made them perfect but then permitted them to be corrupted. After all, why else would God have permitted Satan in the garden? Satan is doing what is necessary for our edification.
Hello, hope you’re doing well.

Remember Jesus’ statement regarding the Devil, @ John 8:44?

Jesus said, “he did not stand fast in the truth…”

For a person to “not stand fast” in something, means that the person was in it, but gave it up.

Satan was created a perfect creature having Free Will.
Just as Adam & Eve.
All of Jehovah’s intelligent creatures have free moral agency. Jehovah wants willing worshippers, serving from their heart… not robotic automatons, programmed to do so.

And many have made bad choices.

Take care.

Reactions: Keiw and Aunty Jane

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m probably gonna regret this engagement (since your responses are saturated with animosity), but:

Jesus is God and Hell is eternal. …. Your NWT says so.
Where, please.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m probably gonna regret this engagement (since your responses are saturated with animosity), but:
I'm not JW.
Where, please.
ONLY Jesus / Jehovah are called "Mighty God" and "the first and the last" in the NWT. They are the same.

John 20 NWT
Thomas said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God"!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is God… That can be easily documented, but I do not believe hell is eternal.
Not according to Jesus-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--He has a God just like us--God does not have a God. If you mean the error at John 1:1 in the altered translations, its not like that in the Greek Lexicons-a god to the word in them.

Reactions: TheHC

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not according to Jesus-John 20:17, Rev 3:12--He has a God just like us--God does not have a God. If you mean the error at John 1:1 in the altered translations, its not like that in the Greek Lexicons-a god to the word in them.
According to Thomas is John 20:28 Jesus is God.
John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord (Kurios] and my God (Theos]. KJV The use of both the word "Lord," and "God" in the above Scripture describing Jesus Christ is significant. And in the Greek manuscripts both words ("Lord" and "God") have the definite article.

Below is the Strong's definitions for both the definite article and the word "Lord" and the
word "God."

[the definite article]: Greek word #3588 ho (hol; including the feminine he (hayl; and the neuter to (tol; in all their inflections; the def. [definite] article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in

English idiom]: KJV - the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc. Lord: Greek word #2962 kurios (koo-ree-os); from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as
noun) controller; by implication, Mr. (as a respectful title): KJV - God, Lord, master, Sir. God: Greek word #2316 theos (theh'-os); of uncertain affinitys a deity, especially (with

NT:3588 [the definite article]) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very KJV - exceeding,
God, god [-ly, -ward]
John 20:28b "my Lord and my God"
= Def. Article; therefore: "- Lord my and God my"= "my Lord and my God"

You know there are more scriptures indicating Christ being God than not, but I believe the answer is in position.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm ... Satan is God also, that too can be easily documented!
"Blasphemy".
He is a fallen created angel of GOD, WHO wanted to be god.

I don't know your religion, but it is NOT OF GOD !

I will see your ______, no more!

Reactions: Jack

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
According to Thomas is John 20:28 Jesus is God.
John 20:28
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord (Kurios] and my God (Theos]. KJV The use of both the word "Lord," and "God" in the above Scripture describing Jesus Christ is significant. And in the Greek manuscripts both words ("Lord" and "God") have the definite article.

Below is the Strong's definitions for both the definite article and the word "Lord" and the
word "God."

[the definite article]: Greek word #3588 ho (hol; including the feminine he (hayl; and the neuter to (tol; in all their inflections; the def. [definite] article; the (sometimes to be supplied, at others omitted, in

English idiom]: KJV - the, this, that, one, he, she, it, etc. Lord: Greek word #2962 kurios (koo-ree-os); from kuros (supremacy); supreme in authority, i.e. (as
noun) controller; by implication, Mr. (as a respectful title): KJV - God, Lord, master, Sir. God: Greek word #2316 theos (theh'-os); of uncertain affinitys a deity, especially (with

NT:3588 [the definite article]) the supreme Divinity; figuratively, a magistrate; by Hebraism, very KJV - exceeding,
God, god [-ly, -ward]
John 20:28b "my Lord and my God"
= Def. Article; therefore: "- Lord my and God my"= "my Lord and my God"

You know there are more scriptures indicating Christ being God than not, but I believe the answer is in position.
In the Greek lexicons The true God called-Ton Theon( At John 1:1) =God, the word called Theon=god when Ton Theon is used in the same paragraph as 2 Cor 4:4 has correctly shown. Yet the true God is called Theon many spots because he is the only God being spoken of and one knows its the true God being spoken of. god small g means-has godlike qualities, it is not calling that one God.
Jesus is 100% clear--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus christ--- See the Only true God did not come down here, he sent another given the name Jesus as a mortal. Paul teaches truth on the matter as well-1 Cor 8:6- There is one God to all the Father.
Its the altered versions used by false religions that are misleading billions into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. They are filled with contradictions and have removed Gods name against his will. All done by satans will to mislead. Through the religion he started=Catholicism and her hundreds of branches.
Either Thomas looked to heaven saying my God, or was confused, Its fact Every Israelite knew the Messiah has a God-Psalm 45:7--God does not have a God.

• Haha
Reactions: TheHC and L.A.M.B.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the Greek lexicons The true God called-Ton Theon( At John 1:1) =God, the word called Theon=god when Ton Theon is used in the same paragraph as 2 Cor 4:4 has correctly shown. Yet the true God is called Theon many spots because he is the only God being spoken of and one knows its the true God being spoken of. god small g means-has godlike qualities, it is not calling that one God.
Jesus is 100% clear--John 17:3--This means eternal life, their knowing you( Father) THE ONLY TRUE GOD and the one whom you sent forth Jesus christ--- See the Only true God did not come down here, he sent another given the name Jesus as a mortal. Paul teaches truth on the matter as well-1 Cor 8:6- There is one God to all the Father.
Its the altered versions used by false religions that are misleading billions into breaking Gods #1 commandment daily. They are filled with contradictions and have removed Gods name against his will. All done by satans will to mislead. Through the religion he started=Catholicism and her hundreds of branches.
Either Thomas looked to heaven saying my God, or was confused, Its fact Every Israelite knew the Messiah has a God-Psalm 45:7--God does not have a God.
Translation: The Bible doesn't mean what it says. It means what Kingdom Hall says.

Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Cor 4:4--satan is called god-Theon, while the true God is called Ton Theon-God,--same at John 1:1--God called Ton Theon, the word called Theon=god. Translating is the same at both spots.
In the below Scripture we see that God's hand and Jesus' hand are synonymous (the same):

John 10:27-30 (Jesus speaking)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one. (KJV)

The below Scriptures remove any doubt that Jesus was (and is) in fact, God:

John 1:1-3
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
2 The same was in the beginning with God.
3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. (KJV)
Gen 1:1
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. (KJV)

John 1:14

14 And the Word [Jesus Christ] was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. (KJV)
1 Tim 3:16
16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest [Grk. #5319 phaneroo: to render apparent, appeared] in the flesh [Jesus Christ], justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory. (KJV)
John 8:58-59
58 Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.
59 Then took they up stones to cast at him: but Jesus hid himself, and went out of the temple, going through the midst of them, and so passed by. (KJV)
What was it about Jesus saying "I Am" that so caused the Jews to want to kill Him? "I AM" is the sacred name, Jesus was calling Himself God! Observe God's sacred name that he Himself spoke to Moses:
Exod 3:14
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (KJV)
Jesus was/is God and He stated so. While it is somewhat obscured in our English translations, the Jews knew full well that Jesus claimed to be God in the flesh (for Jesus spoke to everyone in their native tongue, therefore when Jesus told them in Hebrew that He was the "I AM," what He was saying was 'EHaYEH , or the title fully stated 'EhaYEH aSHER 'EYaYEH which means: I AM THAT I AM, or I will be what I want to be –— I exist (by self), self existent, God Almighty, created by none, but simply became –— was –— is. To this day, Jews will not pronounce 'EHaYEH , for they reason that for a Hebrew in the Hebrew tongue, to say the name 'EHaYEH, is itself calling oneself God.
The point is that with this single utterance Jesus had at once claimed that He was God Almighty. For this the Jews sought to kill Him because had it not been true (but it was) then it would have been blasphemy punishable by death for a man to make the claim. So in that the Jews could have meant 'well.' BUT, Jesus was God, so it was not blasphemy for Jesus to say it. But the Jews did not believe that Jesus was the Immanuel - God with us (Isa 7:14) that the prophets of old had foretold of. But they should have, for he fulfilled over 300 Old Testament prophesies!

Isa 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son [Jesus Christ], and shall call his name Immanuel. (KJV) [In the Hebrew, Immanuel means "God with us"]

Isa 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son [Jesus Christ] is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (KJV)

I Jn 5:7
7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father [Lord God], the Word [Jesus Christ], and the Holy Ghost [Holy Spirit]: and these three are one. (KJV)
You continue to say “God has no God” but this ideal was answered, yet no man at that time understood it.

Matt 22:42-46 (Jesus is Lord over all, even David, His ancestor)
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions. (KJV)

• Love
Reactions: L.A.M.B. and Jack