AN OPEN LETTER TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is this teaching that is NOT of God ( the sovereign God of all) that has been going around for some time now, attempting to deny the deity of Jesus Christ based on a claim that, in the Koine Greek text of John 1:1, the word, Oɛòç (Theos) was used for "the Word" is different in meaning from Osov (Theon) used for God.This claim has continued to persist and progressively transmuting to a disturbing level, of individuals and cults!

Ancient Greek word theos (coc), which means God.
There are many other places in the New Testament where either form of the word is used for God without impinging on the force and reality of Christ's deity in any of those contexts. Therefore, to say that Theon is the Supreme God and Theos is the Son, and thus less than Theon, is crass ignorance!

"Ton theon' having the article, means the Father".

ecov (theon); the accusative, singular form for God.

1 Timothy 3:16
And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.
((Jesus ))

2 Corinthians 4:4
In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe NOT, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.

Ppl make a " god" of self, family, money, governments objects, ect. So in the falsity of beiliving the " god" of this world they walk blind, in darkness and receive the judgement of outer darkness and in the lake of fire after death at the judgment.

Reactions: Truthnightmare

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
2Cor 4:4--satan is called god-Theon, while the true God is called Ton Theon-God,--same at John 1:1--God called Ton Theon, the word called Theon=god. Translating is the same at both spots.
Who is going to judge the world?

Psalms 9
7 But the Lord shall endure for ever: he hath prepared his throne for judgment.

8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

So the Lord God will judge the world… but wait..

John 5:22
22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father…

So we now have a contradiction, do we not? The answer is simple, Jesus is God.

Let me present my position in a different way.. If I go fill up my bathtub full of water, and call the water in the bathtub God… Then I take a small cup and fill it up from the water in the bathtub, is the water in the small cup not God also? And even though I can take a bath in the bathtub and cannot take a bath in the cup, does that mean the water is different? And if I pour the water in the cup back into the bathtub is it not the same water?

Peace to you Keiw.

Reactions: Jack and L.A.M.B.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In the below Scripture we see that God's hand and Jesus' hand are synonymous (the same):

The below Scriptures remove any doubt that Jesus was (and is) in fact, God:

The point is that with this single utterance Jesus had at once claimed that He was God Almighty. For this the Jews sought to kill Him because had it not been true (but it was) then it would have been blasphemy punishable by death for a man to make the claim. So in that the Jews could have meant 'well.' BUT, Jesus was God, so it was not blasphemy for Jesus to say it. But the Jews did not believe that Jesus was the Immanuel - God with us (Isa 7:14) that the prophets of old had foretold of. But they should have, for he fulfilled over 300 Old Testament prophesies!

Isa 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son [Jesus Christ], and shall call his name Immanuel. (KJV) [In the Hebrew, Immanuel means "God with us"]

Isa 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son [Jesus Christ] is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (KJV)

You continue to say “God has no God” but this ideal was answered, yet no man at that time understood it.

Matt 22:42-46 (Jesus is Lord over all, even David, His ancestor)
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions. (KJV)
They are one in purpose--See it was God who gave him those in his hand.
YHVH said to my Lord is the way God inspired it to be. Wicked men removed Gods name in over 7000 places by satans will to mislead.
His NAME will be called those things Isaiah said. The NAME God gave to him.
God was with us through Jesus. He did it all, through Jesus. Everything Jesus taught his God and Father commanded him to teach- Acts 2:22, John 5: 19,30)John 12:49)

Reactions: TheHC

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalms 9

8 And he shall judge the world in righteousness, he shall minister judgment to the people in uprightness.

22 For the Father judges no one, but has given all judgment to the Son, that all may honor the Son, just as they honor the Father…

Let me present my position in a different way.. If I go fill up my bathtub full of water, and call the water in the bathtub God… Then I take a small cup and fill it up from the water in the bathtub, is the water in the small cup not God also? And even though I can take a bath in the bathtub and cannot take a bath in the cup, does that mean the water is different? And if I pour the water in the cup back into the bathtub is it not the same water?

Peace to you Keiw.
Yes God gave Jesus the right to judge. God has already judged in his written word. Jesus will judge by what his God has already judged with.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are one in purpose--See it was God who gave him those in his hand.
YHVH said to my Lord is the way God inspired it to be. Wicked men removed Gods name in over 7000 places by satans will to mislead.
His NAME will be called those things Isaiah said. The NAME God gave to him.
God was with us through Jesus. He did it all, through Jesus. Everything Jesus taught his God and Father commanded him to teach- Acts 2:22, John 5: 19,30)John 12:49)
They are the same, "Mighty God" and "the first and the last"! The JW bible says so! And Michael is not Jesus! JW's don't even know what their own bible says!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LAMB---What do you find amusing? I speak facts. You cant prove a single word is error, neither can your scholars. In fact they know 100% my posts are truth and they teach lies for billions of $$$ yearly they don't want to give up.

• Haha
Reactions: L.A.M.B.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LAMB---What do you find amusing? I speak facts. You cant prove a single word is error, neither can your scholars. In fact they know 100% my posts are truth and they teach lies for billions of $$$ yearly they don't want to give up.
Says Kingdom Hall! Some have actually escaped Kingdom Hall and became Christians!

Last edited:

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Psalms 9

Peace to you Keiw.
Yes God gave Jesus the right to judge. God has already judged in his written word. Jesus will judge by what his God has already judged with.
The Bible clearly says Jesus is God.

1st 'facet' or 'part' of the Trinity

God (Yehovah 'Elohim = The Lord God), is the Father, the One and Only God Eternal! He whom created everything, He whom has no beginning and has no end.
Exod 3:13-15
14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.
15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations. (KJV)
2nd facet of the Trinity

Jesus Christ of Nazareth is the Son (Yehoshua = Yehovah the Savior, or, God Savior), He is God manifested (came) in the flesh, He is God in human form come to earth to save His creation from satan and their sins. Jesus is not another God, He is God.
John 10:27-30 (Jesus speaking)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.
29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
30 I and my Father are one. (KJV)
3rd facet of the Trinity

Holy Spirit (tó pneúma tó hágion = The Spirit The Holy = The Holy Spirit) is the Holy Spirit of God. The Holy Spirit is the Power of God in action. It is through the Holy Spirit of God that God interacts with His creation today, for He no longer walks with man face to face as He did with Adam, Noah, Abraham....., and He no longer is physically amongst us as He was when Jesus Christ walked the earth. This is because we (as a peoples) fell short, we forsook Him, we left Him — He didn't leave us! Below we see that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of God, God's Spirit; not a separate 'person' or individual apart from God:
Acts 2:17 (Peter speaking)
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams (KJV)
Peter was quoting the Old Testament Prophet Joel:
Joel 2:27-29
27 And ye shall know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the LORD your God, and none else: and my people shall never be ashamed.
28 And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions:
29 And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit. (KJV)
So then, you have the Lord God of all, and, you have that Lord God in the flesh (Jesus Christ), and, you have the Spirit of that Lord God (the Holy Spirit), but they are all One. The three; God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are three aspects of the same one entity, that being the Ever Living Almighty Lord God. To understand how this can be so, look at it like this:

You may be a father to your child, you also may be a husband to your wife, and to your employees at work you are a boss. But you are not three people, yet all three of those people are the one you (father, husband and boss). When you are at work, you do not cease being boss when your wife walks in whom knows you as husband. Likewise, you do not cease being husband to your wife when your children come home and call youfather. Well, the same goes with God, only on a much grander scale.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:jest: :jest: :jest: :jest:
What a crock.
Your post are possibly 100% in error due to your affiliation with a cult !

I've yet to see in your post the truth of God's word. Your view is through the doctrines/ teachings of men....BIG MISTAKE......TO TRUST MEN RATHER THAN GOD.

I really do feel for those whom cannot see or refuse to believe, either choices are not a good one !

But hey, that'll be you hearing God's words of depart to the left or stand on my right, as will we all.

Btw if YOU really want a response hit reply to speak to me but I doubt you do want a reply hence the obscure LAMB in your post....?????

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a crock.

I've yet to see in your post the truth of God's word. Your view is through the doctrines/ teachings of men....BIG MISTAKE......TO TRUST MEN RATHER THAN GOD.

I really do feel for those whom cannot see or refuse to believe, either choices are not a good one !

But hey, that'll be you hearing God's words of depart to the left or stand on my right, as will we all.

Btw if YOU really want a response hit reply to speak to me but I doubt you do want a reply hence the obscure LAMB in your post....?????
Is there anyone on this forum that can claim they are more learned than Paul? No!!! So we only need to look at what we have been given in the word of God..

I declare Paul is more righteous than everyone on this forum, and Paul still struggled with sin.

4 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Paul a chosen vessel struggled with sin after being converted…

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is there anyone on this forum that can claim they are more learned than Paul? No!!! So we only need to look at what we have been given in the word of God..

I declare Paul is more righteous than everyone on this forum, and Paul still struggled with sin.

4 For we know that the law is spiritual: but I am carnal, sold under sin.

15 For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.

16 If then I do that which I would not, I consent unto the law that it is good.

17 Now then it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

18 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

21 I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present with me.

22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:

23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.

24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?

25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

Paul a chosen vessel struggled with sin after being converted…
There are those who hold to "Pauline" theology only who will argue that your interpretation is incorrect of his struggle with sin.
These look through a questionable lens also.
Paul himself said, that I would do as opposed that I would not do, struggling against the flesh; of which he spoke much.

I do not hold to " sinless perfection" theology, rather unto what John said, " That if any sins, we have an Advocate to the Father " in & of himself in confession & repentance.

Paul was anointed, set apart, taught by Jesus himself, what to tell the Gentile believers about how to follow Christ, nope I'm not as anything as Paul except " crucified with Christ" !

Reactions: Truthnightmare

Truthnightmare

Dec 11, 2019
Athens
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are those who hold to "Pauline" theology only who will argue that your interpretation is incorrect of his struggle with sin.
Paul himself said, that I would do as opposed that I would not do, struggling against the flesh; of which he spoke much.

I do not hold to " sinless perfection" theology, rather unto what John said, " That if any sins, we have an Advocate to the Father " in & of himself in confession & repentance.

Paul was anointed, set apart, taught by Jesus himself, what to tell the Gentile believers about how to follow Christ, nope I'm not as anything as Paul except " crucified with Christ" !
There is a simplicity to the Bible… It is written..

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All… Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, born again, atheist…. Every person that has ever lived and is living falls short. No exceptions.

Agreed… as it is written…

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

And if we dive a bit deeper, we were told…

James 5
Confess your ἁμαρτία, ας, ἡ one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

ἁμαρτία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: hamartia
Phonetic Spelling: (ham-ar-tee'-ah)
Definition: a sin, failure
Usage: prop: missing the mark; hence: (a) guilt, sin, (b) a fault, failure (in an ethical sense), sinful deed.

Can’t confess your sins if you don’t have any, which makes the word of God of no effect.

Mark 7:13
making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is a simplicity to the Bible… It is written..

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

All… Christian, Muslim, Buddhist, born again, atheist…. Every person that has ever lived and is living falls short. No exceptions.

Agreed… as it is written…

For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

And if we dive a bit deeper, we were told…

James 5
Confess your ἁμαρτία, ας, ἡ one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

ἁμαρτία, ας, ἡ
Part of Speech: Noun, Feminine
Transliteration: hamartia
Phonetic Spelling: (ham-ar-tee'-ah)
Definition: a sin, failure
Usage: prop: missing the mark; hence: (a) guilt, sin, (b) a fault, failure (in an ethical sense), sinful deed.

Can’t confess your sins if you don’t have any, which makes the word of God of no effect.

Mark 7:13
making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Amen!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Psalms 9

Or the answer is simple in a different way.....”The LORD” in the OT is Yahweh, and he is the ultimate judge of all that transpires in his own creation, yet he has a “son” who has been “with” him since “the beginning” according to John 1:1....he is the only one Yahweh trusted to carry out the mission to rescue Adam’s children from the debt that he incurred and passed on to all his offspring. Only a mortal human could pay the ransom demanded.....an immortal God cannot die, nor can mere humans kill God....conclusion? Jesus wasn’t God and he did die the same death as Adam or we are still in our sins, unforgiven.

The first humans had rebelled against God’s authority as their Sovereign Ruler, but so had a rebel spirit who had aspirations of becoming a “god” to these lower creatures. This rebel enticed the woman to disobey God’s command, and she in turn enticed the man into disobedience, just as the devil had planned. He had successfully separated them from their Sovereign Lord, and replaced him as the main influence in their lives.

The Father trusted his son to carry out a difficult assignment and was so sure of the loyalty and obedience of this son (who has been with him longer than any other intelligent being. Col 1:15-17) that he has given “authority” to him to judge the world as his Father’s representative. (Matt 28:18)

If Jesus was God, the Father would never have needed to give him something he already had....he would naturally have had all the authority he needed to do everything. Yet he deferred to his Father in all things. Never even teaching a thing unless it was taught to him by his Father. (John 8:28)

So in examining the scriptures, we firstly we have to know how God was “with” himself.....and what “beginning” this is, since the eternal Father had no beginning. (Joh:1:1)

Also we have to consider that the relationship between the two is one very familiar to humans, so why use this terminology if it is not the relationship between them? Names were very important in Bible times as they conveyed meaning, so it is interesting that Yahweh has a few titles, but only one name (Psalm 83:18 KJV) ....his son has many names and titles (Phil 2:9; Rev 3:12)...but the holy spirit has no name at all. “He” has descriptors though....the “Paraclete” or “helper” and reference to the holy spirit as “he” is in keeping with the masculine gender of words in Greek grammar.

It seems to me that an old lie, told many centuries ago, has somehow been used as the foundation of all of Christendom’s churches, and yet most here will acknowledge that the source of that doctrine is one they do not trust. All Protestant denominations reject Catholic doctrines except the ones they took with them when they ‘left home’.
The Roman Catholic Encyclopedia says regarding this teaching: “The Trinity is the term employed to signify the central doctrine of the Christian religion.” How could it be a central doctrine when Christ never said a word about it? There was no official doctrine of a trinity before the 4th century.

If there was no trust in those Catholic doctrines that were cast aside, why trust the ones that were left behind...they have exactly the same origins. No red flags there?
First of all your analogy falls way short because we are talking about God here, not water.
What do the scriptures say about who God is?
First of all we know that “God is a spirit” (John 4:24) and that Jesus was at his Father’s side in creation (Col 1:15-17) the one used by his Father as the agent “through whom” his creation was made. (John 1:2-3)
Jesus himself says that he is “the beginning of God’s creation” (Rev 3:14).

He says that the Father is his God, even in heaven (Rev 3:12) so how can God have a God?

And who said that Jesus had to be God to redeem the human race? Not a mention of it in the Bible....

How about we listen to Jesus for once instead of assuming that obscure misinterpreted scriptures by biased translators centuries ago, made Jesus into something he never was? He is the one who said “no man has seen God at any time”, (John 1:18) He didn’t say “no man has seen the Father”....he said “no man has seen God”....yet thousands of people saw Jesus......so shouldn’t we believe him?

Last edited:

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In the below Scripture we see that God's hand and Jesus' hand are synonymous (the same):

The below Scriptures remove any doubt that Jesus was (and is) in fact, God:

The point is that with this single utterance Jesus had at once claimed that He was God Almighty. For this the Jews sought to kill Him because had it not been true (but it was) then it would have been blasphemy punishable by death for a man to make the claim. So in that the Jews could have meant 'well.' BUT, Jesus was God, so it was not blasphemy for Jesus to say it. But the Jews did not believe that Jesus was the Immanuel - God with us (Isa 7:14) that the prophets of old had foretold of. But they should have, for he fulfilled over 300 Old Testament prophesies!

Isa 7:14
14 Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son [Jesus Christ], and shall call his name Immanuel. (KJV) [In the Hebrew, Immanuel means "God with us"]

Isa 9:6
6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son [Jesus Christ] is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. (KJV)

You continue to say “God has no God” but this ideal was answered, yet no man at that time understood it.

Matt 22:42-46 (Jesus is Lord over all, even David, His ancestor)
42 Saying, What think ye of Christ? whose son is he? They say unto him, The Son of David.
43 He saith unto them, How then doth David in spirit call him Lord, saying,
44 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool?
45 If David then call him Lord, how is he his son?
46 And no man was able to answer him a word, neither durst any man from that day forth ask him any more questions. (KJV)
Could it be that old KJV again, misinterpreted and misapplied….the only “Christianity” that people today have ever known, was never the one taught by Christ and his apostles. The “weeds” of counterfeit “Christianity“ were sown many centuries ago….not recently.

Were you even aware that Jesus and his apostles foretold that an apostasy would take place in Christianity just as it did in Judaism?….and by the same enemy who corrupted the leaders of God’s people, before Christ even came to earth as a human?

All of the scriptures you posted were corrupted by biased translation and doctrinal manipulation created by a devil inspired “church” who, like Israel, have a very sordid history.

When Jesus comes to judge mankind, he will reject “many” who thought that their worship was acceptable to the one they called their “Lord”….only to find that he orders them to get away from him as those he “never knew” calling them “workers of lawlessness”.…..(Matt 7:21-23) NEVER means “not ever”……and whose laws have they broken? Christ has never set foot in Christendom.….because none of her doctrines originate from the Bible. Every scripture you posted is corrupted by a doctrine that didn’t even exist until it was officially adopted by the RCC in the fourth century…..that’s how long the “weeds” have been in existence. (Matt 13: 24-30; 36-42)

The doctrine you hold to be a foundational belief (among many others) was never true in the first place….it is actually a breach of the First Commandment to put another god in the Father’s place…that’s the law that is broken by those who accept it as truth.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Re: John 1:1, for those who are interested….

Highly respected scholar and Catholic priest John L. McKenzie, S.J., in his Dictionary of the Bible, says:
"Jn 1:1 should rigorously be translated ‘the word was with the God [= the Father], and the word was a divine being.’”—(Brackets are his. Bold type is mine. Published with nihil obstat and imprimatur.) (1965, NY), p.317

Now, this guy was a trinitarian...he was a Catholic priest & scholar.

How/why did McKenzie reach this conclusion? Due to the context, and also the grammatical structure of the verse…

In his article “Qualitative Anarthrous Predicate Nouns: Mark 15:39 and John 1:1”, Philip B. Harner wrote that clauses such as the one in John 1:1 “with an anarthrous predicate preceding the verb, are primarily qualitative in meaning. They indicate that the logos has the nature of theos.” He suggests: “Perhaps the clause could be translated, ‘the Word had the same nature as God.’” (Journal of Biblical Literature, 1973, pp. 85, 87) In other words, the fact that the word the·osʹ in its second occurrence is anarthrous, ie., without the definite article (ho), and is placed before the verb in the sentence in Greek, has meaning. English (and other) translators which render John 1:1 “and the Word was God,” correctly add the indefinite article (“a” or “an”, which Koine Greek did not have) in translating other passages with the same grammatical structure where a singular anarthrous predicate noun occurs before the verb. For instance, in John 9:17, both the King James and The Jerusalem Bible refer to Jesus as “a prophet,” and in John 6:70, where both say Judas Iscariot was “a devil.”

So, that’s the grammatical evidence.

What about contextual?
Jesus was “with God”, and “no one has seen God at any time.”

Any thoughts? Without antagonism?

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Bible clearly says Jesus is God.

1st 'facet' or 'part' of the Trinity

2nd facet of the Trinity

3rd facet of the Trinity

So then, you have the Lord God of all, and, you have that Lord God in the flesh (Jesus Christ), and, you have the Spirit of that Lord God (the Holy Spirit), but they are all One. The three; God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit are three aspects of the same one entity, that being the Ever Living Almighty Lord God. To understand how this can be so, look at it like this:
Your translations are erred and altered( removal of Gods name) by satans will to mislead. There is no LORD in the OT in Gods bible. or GOD--YHVH (Jehovah) is at every one of those spots by Gods will.( nearly 6800) Men who had no right removed his name and replaced it with those titles. And over 200 spots in NT where those places are quoted his name belongs.
Hebrew scholars say the statement in OT translates-i will be what i will be, not i am that i am.

Why is it since Jesus promised to send holy spirit to guide his into ALL truth that there are hundreds of different religions claiming to be Christian with hundreds of different truths?= a lack of holy spirit in 99% of those religion. Jesus leads one single religion(1 Cor 1:10)
Using altered and error filled translations is the cause of the confusion.

Reactions: Aunty Jane

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a crock.

Sorry you missed Gods view of a cult, the only view that counts-A house divided(hundreds of trinity religions) will not stand-They fail this true mark 100%= 1 Cor 1:10= Unity of thought( all of Gods 1 truth) they have hundreds of different truths) no division. The JW,s pass that true mark--Why do you think that is?

• Haha

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's view of a cult.
Did NOT miss the very words of God, not his Son, in whom you deny his deity !

Matthew 24:

24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, the shall DECEIVE the very elect.

2 Pet.2

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

1John.4

Beloved, believe NOT every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many FALSE PROPHETS are gone out into the world.

Matt.7

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.

Mark.13
22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to SEDUCE, if it WERE POSSIBLE, even the elect.

Romans 16:18 -

For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

2 Corinthians 11:13-15 -

For such are false apostles, deceitful workers, transforming themselves into the apostles of Christ.

Matthew 7:21 -

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

2 Timothy 4:3 -

For the time will come when they will not endure SOUND DOCTRINE; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;

I think I have a grasp on what God states in his word of what a false prophet is and how they lead ppl into a cult through false doctrine.

Therefore we are done !