AN OPEN LETTER TO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jack said:
JW's don't have facts. Michael is an angel who WORSHIPS Jesus. The JW bible says so.

LOL…You are good at that….making statements that you can never back up……as if you know the Bible like the back of your hand…..how thoroughly does one know the back of one’s hand? Not very well apparently….since you can only quote other people because it is obvious that you have never done a lick of study of your own.
Where does it say that Micheal worships Jesus? No one in heaven worships anyone but the Father…even in heaven, Yahweh is still the God Jesus serves. (Rev 3:12)

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The context doesn't change it. Even the chapter says Jesus is God!
Can you show us, please? Thanks
Doesn't say that anywhere.
Jude 1:9 states: "Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”"

Interestingly 1 Thess 4:16 states: "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first."
You sure sound JW!
Bite your tongue!

Reactions: TheHC

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Can you show us, please? Thanks
Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

Clear enough for non JW puppets.
Jude 1:9 states: "Yet Michael the archangel, in contending with the devil, when he disputed about the body of Moses, dared not bring against him a reviling accusation, but said, “The Lord rebuke you!”"
That's right, Michael is an angel who WORSHIPS Jesus!
Interestingly 1 Thess 4:16 states: "For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first."

Bite your tongue!
Along with the voice of an archangel! Michael is an angel who WORSHIPS Jesus. The JW bible says so!

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that Jesus did NOT create "all things", I simply reject the teaching that Jesus is God Almighty. There's a difference. After all Colossians 1:15 tells us

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."​
Notice it says "all things were created THROUGH Him, meaning he was the conduit, the instrument in creation. As Colossians tells us, God created Jesus, and THROUGH Jesus created ALL things.
"non JW puppets"? Who, little ole me? Trust me the JW's want NOTHING to do with me. I'm the "evil slave" after all.

Along with the voice of an archangel! Michael is an angel who WORSHIPS Jesus.
But, if Jesus was the Archangel Michael in his pre-existence, it only seems logical that he is exempt from worshipping ... himself. After all, there is only ONE Archangel mentioned in Scripture.
The JW bible says so!
I'm not a fan of the "JW bible"

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that Jesus did NOT create "all things", I simply reject the teaching that Jesus is God Almighty. There's a difference.
No there isn't. ONLY God is the Creator. Read your Bible!

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Along with the voice of an archangel! Michael is an angel who WORSHIPS Jesus. The JW bible says so!
Did Abraham worship the sons of Heth, then? It’s the same word used - proskyneō - at Genesis 23:7 in the Greek Bible (Septuagint).

Reactions: Aunty Jane

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust me the JW's want NOTHING to do with me. I'm the "evil slave" after all.
Well, all I know about you is I like many of your replies, obviously there’s a lot of study behind your answers; and I know you’re my cousin, somewhere along the line.

Why would I consider you an “evil slave”?
Ok, I’ve gotta ask: why? Could we discuss & reason on some things?

If you say no, I’ll respect it.

But you’re still my cousin.

Reactions: Berean

Berean

Feb 29, 2024
Midwest
www.kingdomherald.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, all I know about you is I like many of your replies, obviously there’s a lot of study behind your answers; and I know you’re my cousin, somewhere along the line.
Yes, we're cousins, but we were here first ;)
Why would I consider you an “evil slave”?
I'm a Bible Student, do your research
Ok, I’ve gotta ask: why? Could we discuss & reason on some things?
I just don't care for. It's biased. Of course most translations are biased, but this one, is very biased.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Abraham worship the sons of Heth, then? It’s the same word used - proskyneō - at Genesis 23:7 in the Greek Bible (Septuagint).
Proskyneo has 5 different meanings. So no he did not worship them.

Reactions: TheHC

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I never said that Jesus did NOT create "all things", I simply reject the teaching that Jesus is God Almighty. There's a difference. After all Colossians 1:15 tells us

"He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."​
Notice it says "all things were created THROUGH Him, meaning he was the conduit, the instrument in creation. As Colossians tells us, God created Jesus, and THROUGH Jesus created ALL things.

"non JW puppets"? Who, little ole me? Trust me the JW's want NOTHING to do with me. I'm the "evil slave" after all.

But, if Jesus was the Archangel Michael in his pre-existence, it only seems logical that he is exempt from worshipping ... himself. After all, there is only ONE Archangel mentioned in Scripture.

Why? They corrected the many errors translated in by Catholicism to fit their false council teachings. There have been at least 20 translations in history with a god at John 1:1, 3 had was divine, 1 had was godlike. Translations by Greek scholars from the same Greek lexicons used to this day.
See the words created-THROUGH him( Jesus) that means another did the creating= His God and Father-YHVH(Jehovah) = the only one with the power and wisdom to create.

TheHC

Jun 22, 2021
Columbus
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, is the trinity the only thing the NWT "corrected"?
No.
Restoring the Divine Name, is another…..

Both of which are related: knowing who our Creator is, is THE basic & most important tenet of not just the Bible, but of religion, period.

As Jesus himself prayed: it “means everlasting life, their coming to know You, the only true God, and of the one whom You sent forth, Jesus Christ.” John 17:3.

I asked you, in a previous post, if we could discuss some passages you might disagree with. You replied without mentioning any; I said I’d respect that.

But then you claim that the NWT “is very biased” (implying more so than others), without providing evidence to support such a statement.

You know what they say about statements without evidence…

Goodnight cousin, ie, a descendant of Noah, as I am.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, is the trinity the only thing the NWT "corrected"?
No Catholicism translated some errors in as well to fit false council teachings.
Back in the late 60,s or early 70,s the JW,s were allowed into the Catholic Archives. They came out with proof that the 3 witness bearers are-the water, spirit and blood. Not the Father, son and holy spirit like Catholicism translated in. Many translations added the correct one but left the other as well. The NWT as well put Gods name back in the over 7000 places that God put his name in his bible because he wants it there. Catholicism removed that and replaced it with titles against Gods will. Catholicism=2Thess 2:3 -the protestant branches fixed very little.

rebuilder 454

Jul 15, 2023
robstown
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm wondering why they allow watchtower followers on the board here in the forum. They're not Christian and I can't see that they have any business here, except to indoctrinate unsuspecting believers with very little discernment.
The main pillar of Christianity is the deity of Jesus.
I am amazed that so many believers are unaware of the reason why it had to be God on the cross. It was in part because only God is a perfect sacrifice however there is an even deeper reason. Because Jesus said ,"destroy this temple and in three days I will raise it up again".
The reason it had to be God on the cross, is because only God could resurrect. You could sacrifice 100 righteous men and none of them would be able to resurrect.
That's the whole thing right there.
There had to be a resurrection, the perfect man had to resurrect. That is the channel that all future men what pass into heaven. That is why Jesus is called the first fruits. He is the first one that was a perfect man and resurrected himself after he was murdered.
Without this revelation, a person could just describe anything to Jesus. As we see with the jehovah witness, they torture the verses, they torture scripture, and make it say what they want it to say.

Last edited: