An Unknown Tongue

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Whatever God has, the Devil has a counterfeit. Always has, always will.

Reactions: amadeus

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Whatever God has, the Devil has a counterfeit. Always has, always will.

But keep in mind that the devil had that supernatural tongue that was just gibberish, vain and profane babblings long before Pentecost came with God's gift of tongues which was used as prophesied by speaking unto the people in their native tongue on that day of Pentecost.

That would make God the copycat of Satan's tongue if God would really use tongues for private use. Since I know God is not a copycat, and we are to prove all things and abstain from all appearances of evil, tongues for private use is not of Him at all.

How else can God call sinners away from their spirits and that kind of supernatural tongue they bring in order to reconcile them to God thru Jesus Christ?

How can sinners or believers know that they have repented of their former ways if God switch the mode for how He would use tongues as prophesied?

JesusIsFaithful

Feb 24, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What loss is there to shun vain and profane babbling and pray normally in secret?

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Jesus says none.

Is it not better to know what you had prayed for so you can give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers?

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus IS faithful but on the other hand there are those denying the Scriptures in defense of the doctrines of an in denial denomination.

There is nothing to say to unbelievers except this, this matter is between us and our God. You have neither lot nor part in this matter. We know what we believe. I was not taught my faith by man or a denomination but by God.

What is God saying to you? Not some doctor of divinity... So called.

Have you Ever heard His voice? He promised his sheep would know His voice.

Acts 8:21 KJVS
Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter: for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus and Helen

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What loss is there to shun vain and profane babbling and pray normally in secret?

Matthew 6:7 But when ye pray, use not vain repetitions, as the heathen do: for they think that they shall be heard for their much speaking. 8 Be not ye therefore like unto them: for your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask him.

Jesus says none.

Is it not better to know what you had prayed for so you can give the Father genuine thanks in Jesus's name for known answers to prayers?
Again, if you are in error and in fact fight against God Himself based on man's thoughts and man's studies and man's conclusions, consider then what it is you have done.

You ask , what loss to shun vain and profane babbling and to pray normally in secret? You have decided that it is vain because of what men have done or said. You have decided it is to be shunned. You have decided that what we do is babbling. You have decided what is "normal".

Is it not our loss to refuse to believe and use God's gift? No, don't say that it is not, lest your words be idle or worse.

"For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned." Matt 12:37

Do you think you are the first to accuse me on this point? Do you think that I have not over the years studied and prayed on this point because of those accusations? I do pay attention to what others say even if I do not understand or agree. I have tried and do try them to be assured that they are of God and not of men or devils.

I have told you God has changed my mind and heart on many things over many years of serving Him, and this thing you question was always up on the table with others before God. I purposely asked Him without the use of unknown tongues for an answer to the question. Do you think that He did not give me one? He did and you know what it was so do not now say it was not God. Doubt if you must, but bite your own tongue before denying my testimony. Not everyone will walk as I walk, but it would be nice if someone who says he serves God alone would not admittedly use the conclusions of carnal men to accuse me. Again there is a time to be silent and a time to speak.

I had hoped that with an understanding of I Corinthians chapter 13 you would take your hands off of it, but no, you could not do that. You don't have to do all that I do to be saved, but without charity/love what is it that you suppose you will have in the eyes of God? Is it more than a handful of well polished empty doctrines with all of the carefully garnered arguments for your side to attack those who disagree? Or is it something you sought carefully in prayer before God in tears because it was outside of your knowledge and experience? Will you with Job ask to reason with God? Hopefully you will also with Job put your hand over your mouth if given the opportunity to speak with Him.

But those of us who have received a real gift of tongues from God will not spit in God's face to please you, which is effectively what you ask of us.

Evidence? You have presented man's evidence. What is God's evidence? What is God's will? That is our direction, the direction in which God leads us. Consider Jesus' answer to Thomas doubted:

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

That is the faith we are to live by... not by the evidence men have gathered against God and believers who disagree with them...

Reactions: Helen