And anyone who marries..

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Secondhand Lion

Jan 30, 2012
People's Republic of Maryland
ATP said:
No, rather what the scripture says is most important. Seems pretty straight forward to me.

1 Cor 7:10-11 NIV To the married I give this command (not I, but the Lord): A wife must not separate from her husband. 11 But if she does, she must remain unmarried or else be reconciled to her husband. And a husband must not divorce his wife.
Agreed. We will get into what is not agreed (or maybe even known) when I get time.

I will return. I look forward to this discussion.

SL

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Secondhand Lion said:
Agreed. We will get into what is not agreed (or maybe even known) when I get time.

I will return. I look forward to this discussion.

SL
Mal 2:16 NIV "The man who hates and divorces his wife," says the LORD, the God of Israel, "does violence to the one he should protect," says the LORD Almighty. So be on your guard, and do not be unfaithful.

Reactions: KingJ

Born_Again

Nov 5, 2014
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, here is the deal. This is why I refuse to reconcile with her. First, she wanted the divorce, not I. I was the one pleading and begging. The most important part is, and if you have never been divorced pay close attention here, is that she has been with another man, shared his bed, intimately.... Why on Earth would I want her back with me? I cant fathom ever having a "close" relationship with her again. Not to mention how awkward it has been and would be if she came back after running off with another man... Get with reality, folks... If you haven't been in this position you wont understand. And you sure are in no position to have a clue what you are talking about.

The fact that someone would even consider reconciling with that is beyond me... If you cant see what is wrong there then you need serious help... She may repent and be clean in the spirit but she has been tarnished! I know where I stand with Christ. That's all I need to know.

This thread needs to end. I am sufficiently offended.

BA

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Born_Again said:
Okay, here is the deal. This is why I refuse to reconcile with her. First, she wanted the divorce, not I. I was the one pleading and begging. The most important part is, and if you have never been divorced pay close attention here, is that she has been with another man, shared his bed, intimately.... Why on Earth would I want her back with me? I cant fathom ever having a "close" relationship with her again. Not to mention how awkward it has been and would be if she came back after running off with another man... Get with reality, folks... If you haven't been in this position you wont understand. And you sure are in no position to have a clue what you are talking about.

The fact that someone would even consider reconciling with that is beyond me... If you cant see what is wrong there then you need serious help... She may repent and be clean in the spirit but she has been tarnished! I know where I stand with Christ. That's all I need to know.

This thread needs to end. I am sufficiently offended.

BA
All you need now is to have her follow you on to this site and start arguing with you here, like mind did.

BA.....they just don't get it ........there are pearls and swine in this scenerio - don't expect understanding

Reactions: Born_Again

ATP

Jan 3, 2015
U.S.A.
Born_Again said:
The most important part is, and if you have never been divorced pay close attention here, is that she has been with another man, shared his bed, intimately.
Was she born again or a nonbeliever.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The fact that someone would even consider reconciling with that is beyond me... If you cant see what is wrong there then you need serious help... She may repent and be clean in the spirit but she has been tarnished! I know where I stand with Christ. That's all I need to know
What ever happened to forgiveness ??? And before you go on, my wife left me over 12 years ago, my door is still open, my love for her did not deminish just because she made a bad choice, now how would it be if Christ wouldnt except you because you are tarnished by this world??

If you are a christian than unforgiveness is not an option...

The Lords prayer,

Forgive us our trepasses as we forgive them that trespass against us.

Mat 18:32 Then his lord, after that he had called him, said unto him, O thou wicked servant, I forgave thee all that debt, because thou desiredst me:
Mat 18:33 Shouldest not thou also have had compassion on thy fellowservant, even as I had pity on thee?
Mat 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.
Mat 18:35 So likewise shall my heavenly Father do also unto you, if ye from your hearts forgive not every one his brother their trespasses.

Mar 11:26 But if ye do not forgive, neither will your Father which is in heaven forgive your trespasses.
Mar 11:27 And they come again to Jerusalem: and as he was walking in the temple, there come to him th

Jer_3:8 And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.

Hos 14:1 O Israel, return unto the LORD thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquity.
Hos 14:2 Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously: so will we render the calves of our lips.
Hos 14:3 Asshur shall not save us; we will not ride upon horses: neither will we say any more to the work of our hands, Ye are our gods: for in thee the fatherless findeth mercy.
Hos 14:4 I will heal their backsliding, I will love them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.
Hos 14:5 I will be as the dew unto Israel: he shall grow as the lily, and cast forth his roots as Lebanon

See God even keeps His promises when we screw up.

there is so much to learn about our lords love in divorce if you are willing to learn,

In All His Love

Angelina

Prayer Warrior
Staff member
Admin
Feb 4, 2011
New Zealand
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand