"And I Will Profess Unto Them, I Never Knew...Who, Exactly?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
You would think it would make sense. God's free irrevocable gift

Blue Dragonfly,

It does make perfect sense, if you have the ears to hear it.

All this STUFF, is Spiritual understanding, and the natural mind of the flesh, can't HEAR IT.

Unbelievers, can't hear it.
And the born again, can lose this Spiritual Hearing, if they "fall from Grace", as they become "bewitched", "In the Flesh".....deceived.

To be deceived, means you have BELIEVED a LIE.
And the LIE =that you can lose your salvation, or the lie that =Jesus's sacrifice does not keep you saved, is BELIEVED by people who are deceived.
People who are not... their Spirit "bears witness with TRUTH"< and when they read it, they have a "pop".....a revelation, a KNOWING< that "that is TRUE".

So, when a believer, who is not deceived, reads....>"The same Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved"... or "God who saved you through Christ, keeps you saved Through Christ".....or... "God who started Salvation, in all the born again, Himself will be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT"...

When the non-deceived read those Truths, its like....>"well of course"....
But when the deceived read it, their deception informs them AGAINST the truth....and they cannot HEAR the TRUTH.
This is to be "mind blinded" against the TRUTH.....and that is Satan's Goal for everyone.

Last edited:

Blue Dragonfly's

Jul 15, 2022
not this Christian parody site
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Blue Dragonfly,

All this STUFF, is Spiritual understanding, and the natural mind of the flesh, can't HEAR IT.

And the born again, can lose this Spiritual Hearing, if they "fall from Grace", as they become "bewitched", "In the Flesh".....deceived.

And the LIE that you can lose your salvation, or that Jesus's sacrifice does not keep you saved, is BELIEVED by people who are deceived.
People who are not....... their Spirit "bears witness with TRUTH"< and when they read it, they have a "pop".....a revelation, a KNOWING< that "that is TRUE".

So, when a believer, who is not deceived, reads....>"The same Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved"... or "God who saved you through Christ, keeps you saved Through Christ".....or... "God who started Salvation, in all the born again, will be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT"...

When the non-deceived read those Truths, its like....>"well of course"..."duh".
But when the deceived read it, their deception inform them AGAINST the truth.
It is obvious. Well said indeed.

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He meant by that statement, that they were never His !

2 Tim 2:19

19 Nevertheless the foundation of God standeth sure, having this seal, The Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let every one that nameth the name of Christ depart from iniquity.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are believers who do works in His name out of wrong motives, for reasons like ego, ambition, fame and fortune. Wielding God's power for their own gain. While in their own personal walk they aren't denying themselves and taking up their cross and following/obeying His leading. I don't believe it's God's will for the spotlight to be on His works in a worldly way. Jesus never sought the spotlight, rather He ran from it as much as it was possible. And He would only have used donated money that He needed for basic personal needs....He sure wasn't building Himself a mansion or jets and expensive cars.

It comes across to me that He was saying to those that it would be AS IF He never knew them. God knowing the end from the beginning, "I never knew you" being heaven's perspective outside the realm of time.
@Lizbeth Oh we need to serve the Lord from the heart, yes, indeed...........

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reader,

When you study that verse in context , comparing scripture with scripture, then that verse is clearly understood to not be talking to the born again.
Now, deceived people, will try to use that verse, and a verse in Hebrews, and a verse in James, and one or 2 in Matthew, to try to refute the Cross of Christ and deny the Grace of God.

Notice that Jesus says.....> """ i never knew you.""" to those in the verse.

So, that is not talking to the born again Christian., = as Christ most certainly KNOWS YOU< if you are the "temple of the Holy Spirit".
Jesus most certainly KNOWS YOU< if you are a SON/Daughter of God, as Christ LIVES IN YOU.
Paul says that if Christ does not live IN YOU< then you do not belong to God.

So, when you hear or read demonic Cross rejecting heretical teachings ..Hebrews 13:9.....that try to prove that Jesus does not "KNOW" the Born again, then mark this person as a teacher of false theology, who is trying to ruin your faith in Christ, and deceive you.​
We freely admit there will be many in that day who Jesus never knew who will be shocked to hear Him tell them to depart...

Now, please admit there will be plenty in that day who Jesus knew full well who will be shocked to hear Him tell them to depart with those other many.

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Blue Dragonfly,

And the LIE =that you can lose your salvation, or the lie that =Jesus's sacrifice does not keep you saved, is BELIEVED by people who are deceived.
People who are not... their Spirit "bears witness with TRUTH"< and when they read it, they have a "pop".....a revelation, a KNOWING< that "that is TRUE".

So, when a believer, who is not deceived, reads....>"The same Jesus who saved you, keeps you saved"... or "God who saved you through Christ, keeps you saved Through Christ".....or... "God who started Salvation, in all the born again, Himself will be FAITHFUL TO COMPLETE IT"...

When the non-deceived read those Truths, its like....>"well of course"....
But when the deceived read it, their deception informs them AGAINST the truth....and they cannot HEAR the TRUTH.
This is to be "mind blinded" against the TRUTH.....and that is Satan's Goal for everyone.

There are reassurances that Jesus has the power to keep us saved and perform His promises......but of course that is as long as we keep following and remain in Him. There are many warnings in scripture as well, which are also for our good, and it doesn't do to keep trying to nullify and explain them away when we need to just heed them.

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just the same, Jesus told them He never knew them. And besides, I can do anything in anyone's name, only, I'll be a liar if it's not true. Or deluded. Or something. Do you think there may be any liars, or deluded ones?

Much love!

You've gone off on an irrelevant tangent. Jesus said He never knew them because it's obvious they didn't continue in Him nor repent to Him, not keeping their walk with Him. And that is exactly how it is today with many lukewarm brethren, especially those who are told all their future sins they may commit are already forgiven.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You've gone off on an irrelevant tangent. Jesus said He never knew them because it's obvious they didn't continue in Him nor repent to Him, not keeping their walk with Him. And that is exactly how it is today with many lukewarm brethren, especially those who are told all their future sins they may commit are already forgiven.
While that may seem something "obvious" to you, even so it's not written, and your argment is from silence. Jesus never knew them. Not that He once knew them, and no longer does, but He never did. That seems to me to show that this is not in fact a case of a born again who died again. He never knew them.

You are saying that someone cannot do works in Jesus' Name unless they know Jesus, and are saved, isn't that right? I'm saying that you can do whatever you want in whatever name you want, and it means nothing, only, do you know Jesus? Or more to the point, does He know you?

Much love!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that is exactly how it is today with many lukewarm brethren, especially those who are told all their future sins they may commit are already forgiven.
Why is it that you believe people who are reborn, reconciled to God, need the threat of condemnation hanging over their heads?

Much love!

Reactions: mailmandan

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While that may seem something "obvious" to you, even so it's not written, and your argment is from silence.

So, you're going to place yourself with the unbelieving Jews that sneak onto this forum too, with rejecting plainly written Bible Scripture?

How much brain power does it take to understand that the 'wicked'... do NOT go around working miracles and many wonderful works in Christ's Name? That would be Beelzebub casting out Beelzebub! (Matthew 12:25-28).

Only A BELIEVER on Christ Jesus does those works by The Holy Spirit!

Matt 7:21-23
21 Not every one that saith unto Me, "Lord, Lord", shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

22 Many will say to me in that day, "Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Thy name? and in Thy name have cast out devils? and in Thy name done many wonderful works?"

23 And then will I profess unto them, "I never knew you: depart from Me, ye that work iniquity."
KJV

So now you've even got the wicked saying, "Lord, Lord" to Jesus Christ when He appears! No... those will be 'believers' that will say that to Him. How can we know?...

Because Jesus showed us how the 'unbelieving' Jews will react at His future appearing, per Luke 23:27-30. They won't be claiming to have done "many wonderful works" in His Name. The unbelieving deceived Jews instead will be wishing for the hills and mountains to fall upon them, because of their shame for having rejected Him!

You're just not thinking.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it that you believe people who are reborn, reconciled to God, need the threat of condemnation hanging over their heads?

Much love!

There you go again, showing a lack of understanding.

WHO only has the Authority to condemn one to perish at the future "lake of fire"? Jesus Christ ONLY! Even The Father has given that Authority only to Jesus Christ.

So I don't go around condemning anyone to perish in the future lake of fire. And NOR DID JESUS in that Matthew 7 example about those He will tell to get away from Him when He appears. Those brethren will not... reign with Him, nor be able to approach Him during the coming "thousand years" reign. They, along with the wicked, will stand in judgment throughout the "thousand years".

Your not an Amillennialist are you? Those believe the false doctrine that when Jesus returns in our near future, ALL the wicked are right then destroyed on the day of Christ's return, and gone. They reject the Revelation 20 Scripture about Christ's future "thousand years" reign with His elect. They also reject the Zechariah 14 Scripture which is about Christ's future return and thereafter, with the leftovers of the wicked that came against Jerusalem being made to worship The LORD and keep the feast of tabernacles, showing they are still there in Christ's future "thousand years" reign.

Are you not aware that some brethren are going to be deceived by the coming pseudo-Christ that comes first? (Matthew 24:23-26). Lord Jesus warned us about that for the end so we would not be deceived. And His enemies that have crept into His Church are not continuing that warning He gave, and instead are even lying against it, telling brethren that was not written for the Church!

So I'm telling it to you straight per His Word. Like Apostle Paul showed in 2 Thessalonians 2, there will be a great falling away caused by that coming "man of sin" with his claim to be God and working those great signs and wonders to deceive. And Revelation 13:4-8 reveals that the whole... world will worship the "dragon", except those who's names were written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, i.e., Christ's very elect. This is why Christ and His Apostles gave the Church so many warnings against sin and deception as the time for Christ's return gets closer and closer.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There are reassurances that Jesus has the power to keep us saved and perform His promises......but of course that is as long as we keep following and remain in Him. There are many warnings in scripture as well, which are also for our good, and it doesn't do to keep trying to nullify and explain them away when we need to just heed them.
@Lizbeth
Hebrews 7.25: "able to save" (Hebrews 7.25); "able to keep" (Jude 24).

If someone ultimately dies in unbelief, the person was never truly saved in the first place; "He that hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ" (Philippians 1.6).

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words mean things. While it's not expected that anyone will change their minds about OSAS, this was not the intended reason for the OP.

Can we all agree that Matthew 7:22 KJV is not the stand alone "irrefutable evidence" for OSAS it is claimed to be by those who see the letters "m-a-n-y" but subconsciously read it as "all"? He said, "Many - not all - will say to Me..." which means there's room in that crowd to whom He will say "depart" for those He knew full well.

1stCenturyLady

Jun 26, 2018
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Words mean things. While it's not expected that anyone will change their minds about OSAS, this was not the intended reason for the OP.

Can we all agree that Matthew 7:22 KJV is not the stand alone "irrefutable evidence" for OSAS it is claimed to be by those who see the letters "m-a-n-y" but subconsciously read it as "all"? He said, "Many - not all - will say to Me..." which means there's room in that crowd to whom He will say "depart" for those He knew full well.

I cannot see how Matthew 7:22 in context (21-23) can possibly be used to justify OSAS. It proves the opposite.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I cannot see how Matthew 7:22 in context (21-23) can possibly be used to justify OSAS. It proves the opposite.
The OSAS crowd claims only those Jesus never knew are cast into the Lake of Fire and those Jesus knows and has saved can't be among the "unknown". I've heard it for years.

Which is why it's important to note that Jesus said "many", not "all".