"And I Will Profess Unto Them, I Never Knew...Who, Exactly?"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So Barney, all the above sounds excellent until you get to the very last line.

Who do we serve ?
Is it truly God?
Or is it a man made religion?

As you've stated above we must live by the word of God but it is as the Spirit leads us through the word, not what man stipulates in their religious man-made organizations and not man's doctrine!

Truly we must find and live in the will of God in obedience of HIS WORD, not Kingdom Hall, nor WatchTower, nor Book of Mormons, ect, ect .The only men that we are to deem worthy of following their words are the Apostles and Holy Ghost inspired men of God who penned his word.

I do not quibble over which translation is correct. I have compared side by side other translations with the KJB and they take away from the TRUTH. Changing the virgin birth of Christ and leaving out many important DOCTRINES OF GOD.
It is MY CHOICE of the word.

SALVATION IS A FREE GIFT, FREELY ACCEPTED THROUGH CHRIST, BY GOD in our belief of his truth.

It's precepts are written to be understood by spiritual ppl.
If you are following what a sect tells you is what God says then.................have you verified it in context comparing spiritual with spiritual ?

We are all flesh and full of fallacies, some of them are from our perspective, some of them other men's perspective. WE HOWEVER, MUST LIVE BY GODS COMMANDMENTS THAT KEEP US IN HIS WILL !

It is every individuals responsibility to KNOW WHAT THUS SAYS THE WORD OF GOD.
There will be ZERO excuses accepted on our behalf for our own failures. We will not be able to say it was what I was taught, my pastor, teacher, deacon, bishop, or priest said this was the way. Jesus said " I am the way, the truth and the life"; that is what and who will judge us.

It doesn't matter to me what translation a person uses. Jesus says at John17:17- "Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth." And at Matthew 4:4 Jesus says, “It is written: ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from YHWH(Jehovah) mouth.’' At Matthew 4:10 Jesus says, "Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is YHWH(Jehovah) your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service."
So I agree that we as individuals are responsible to know the truth that is in the word of God. However I know there are doctrines that the main stream religions have been teaching that I know are not doctrines from the scriptures. Like the doctrine of the immortality of the soul, that is being taught. Most people I speak to, who say they're Christians, believe human beings have souls that separate at death and go to hellfire, or heaven. However, God shows us at Genesis 2:7 how he created the first man and this scripture doesn't say God gave man a soul, but that man is a soul. There is a very big difference when a person says a human has a soul and another person says a human is a soul. Genesis 2:7 shows us also that when there is no breath of life(spirit) in the flesh and blood human body then the living soul or living person doesn't exist any longer, because before God blew the breath of life(spirit) in that flesh and blood human body, that flesh and blood human body, wasn't a living soul or living person. So at death when the breath of life(spirit) leaves the human body it's not saying a living soul or living Person leaves the flesh and blood human body but instead that the living soul or living person comes to an end that the flesh and blood human body stops existing as a living soul or living person. I know that many will not agree with what I just said, and that's the reason why I'm wary of those who say, when it comes to scripture, that It's precepts are written to be understood by spiritual people. Not that I disagree with that statement, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I believe the person who makes such a statement is a spiritual human being understanding the precepts of the scriptures spiritually, or by the spirit of the true God.

I agree that we are all as individuals responsible for knowing what the truth is that's in scripture and we must live by Gods commandments so that we will keep ourselves in his will. But I also Know that there are many individuals that teach a different truth which they all say is in scripture and they all believe themselves to be spiritual people understanding God's word spiritually. So when a person says to another person something that disagrees with what he/she believes is in the scriptures, and that person who they have disagreed with says to that person/persons who disagrees with him/her/they that she/he/they are not a spiritual person, or is listening to a cult or sect etc iI think we all should watch what we say. We all have the right to disagree of course, if we truly believe that person or persons is not teaching something that's in scripture. But none of us is infallible. Since the scriptures tell us there will be people among humanity that will truly and honestly think they're doing a sacred service for God but will not be, (John 16:2) we should mind what we say to others. We can disagree with someone but we have to understand that Christianity itself was considered a sect at one time and those preaching about Jesus Christ were said to be causing seditions.(Acts 24:5) Most people when using words like sect or sedition, are speaking of that particular group which they call a sect or causing seditions to be heretical. So I think while we certainly have the right to disagree, we should watch who we call a sect or those who are causing seditions. Like I said, I agree we are all as individuals responsible for knowing the truth but none of us are infallible individuals. We can honestly and truly believe that what we have learned is from the scriptures or is the truth from the scriptures, and still be wrong. I can read, and it doesn't matter to me who says I'm not spiritual when I say something that I can see is true from the scriptures, like what I said about Genesis 2:7. A person can say I'm not spiritual all they want or ask if what I'm saying is in context. I have proven from context that what mainstream religions have been trying to say from a certain scripture that they are not keeping that scripture in context. They however don't care about context. They will show by what they say that what they're saying about that scripture is true even though I can see myself that they have taken that scripture out of context.

I can see for myself who base their teachings on the Bible. Who tell others about God’s name. Who show genuine love toward one another and believe that God sent Jesus to save us. Who do not get involved in politics. Who preach that only God’s Kingdom can solve our problems. It is only YHWH Witnesses (Jehovah’s Witnesses)." [Isaiah 43:10-12] People can huff and puff about it, call them a sect or cult say they don't have God Holy Spirit, but I'm going to disagree with them.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know Jesus. I met him about fifteen/twenty years ago. I had a supernatural experience where Jesus spoke to me and the most profound part of the experience is that we knew each other. He won’t be able to say to me “I never knew you”. The whole experience lined up with John 10:27 exactly as I later found in the Bible. So it gives me great comfort when I hear or read John 10:27 and it reminds that me he loves me.

I have doubt all the time whether I will endure until the end as my life is just physical and mental pain day after day after day. I guess we have to go through some Hell on Earth to be worthy of pleasures forevermore with Jesus in eternity.

I have never found anyone else that has had an experience like mine as I figured this must be a normal Christian experience for new believers because but I guess it is not. It has led me to believe that Jesus communicates with everyone in a different way.

I think the people that Jesus never knew will be people who just never really believed even though they may have been raised in a Christian home etc. they may just go through the motions but never really believed.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter to me what translation a person uses. Jesus says at John17:17- "Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth." And at Matthew 4:4 Jesus says, “It is written: ‘Man must live, not on bread alone, but on every word that comes from YHWH(Jehovah) mouth.’' At Matthew 4:10 Jesus says, "Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is YHWH(Jehovah) your God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service."
So I agree that we as individuals are responsible to know the truth that is in the word of God. However I know there are doctrines that the main stream religions have been teaching that I know are not doctrines from the scriptures. Like the doctrine of the immortality of the soul, that is being taught. Most people I speak to, who say they're Christians, believe human beings have souls that separate at death and go to hellfire, or heaven. However, God shows us at Genesis 2:7 how he created the first man and this scripture doesn't say God gave man a soul, but that man is a soul. There is a very big difference when a person says a human has a soul and another person says a human is a soul. Genesis 2:7 shows us also that when there is no breath of life(spirit) in the flesh and blood human body then the living soul or living person doesn't exist any longer, because before God blew the breath of life(spirit) in that flesh and blood human body, that flesh and blood human body, wasn't a living soul or living person. So at death when the breath of life(spirit) leaves the human body it's not saying a living soul or living Person leaves the flesh and blood human body but instead that the living soul or living person comes to an end that the flesh and blood human body stops existing as a living soul or living person. I know that many will not agree with what I just said, and that's the reason why I'm wary of those who say, when it comes to scripture, that It's precepts are written to be understood by spiritual people. Not that I disagree with that statement, but it doesn't necessarily mean that I believe the person who makes such a statement is a spiritual human being understanding the precepts of the scriptures spiritually, or by the spirit of the true God.

I agree that we are all as individuals responsible for knowing what the truth is that's in scripture and we must live by Gods commandments so that we will keep ourselves in his will. But I also Know that there are many individuals that teach a different truth which they all say is in scripture and they all believe themselves to be spiritual people understanding God's word spiritually. So when a person says to another person something that disagrees with what he/she believes is in the scriptures, and that person who they have disagreed with says to that person/persons who disagrees with him/her/they that she/he/they are not a spiritual person, or is listening to a cult or sect etc iI think we all should watch what we say. We all have the right to disagree of course, if we truly believe that person or persons is not teaching something that's in scripture. But none of us is infallible. Since the scriptures tell us there will be people among humanity that will truly and honestly think they're doing a sacred service for God but will not be, (John 16:2) we should mind what we say to others. We can disagree with someone but we have to understand that Christianity itself was considered a sect at one time and those preaching about Jesus Christ were said to be causing seditions.(Acts 24:5) Most people when using words like sect or sedition, are speaking of that particular group which they call a sect or causing seditions to be heretical. So I think while we certainly have the right to disagree, we should watch who we call a sect or those who are causing seditions. Like I said, I agree we are all as individuals responsible for knowing the truth but none of us are infallible individuals. We can honestly and truly believe that what we have learned is from the scriptures or is the truth from the scriptures, and still be wrong. I can read, and it doesn't matter to me who says I'm not spiritual when I say something that I can see is true from the scriptures, like what I said about Genesis 2:7. A person can say I'm not spiritual all they want or ask if what I'm saying is in context. I have proven from context that what mainstream religions have been trying to say from a certain scripture that they are not keeping that scripture in context. They however don't care about context. They will show by what they say that what they're saying about that scripture is true even though I can see myself that they have taken that scripture out of context.

I can see for myself who base their teachings on the Bible. Who tell others about God’s name. Who show genuine love toward one another and believe that God sent Jesus to save us. Who do not get involved in politics. Who preach that only God’s Kingdom can solve our problems. It is only YHWH Witnesses (Jehovah’s Witnesses)." [Isaiah 43:10-12] People can huff and puff about it, call them a sect or cult say they don't have God Holy Spirit, but I'm going to disagree with them.

Forgive the offense I caused you.
Your rebuke is ineffective bc of the doctrine you believe.
Jehovah's Witnesses follow man made doctrine to keep ppl FROM BELIEVING THE TRUTH OF GODS WORD!

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Forgive the offense I caused you.
Your rebuke is ineffective bc of the doctrine you believe.
Jehovah's Witnesses follow man made doctrine to keep ppl FROM BELIEVING THE TRUTH OF GODS WORD!

Like I said I can read, and I don't care what anyone thinks about that. People can blame Jehovah's Witnesses for what I believe about Genesis 2:7, but all that teaches me about such a person or such people who blames Jehovah's Witnesses about what I have learned from Genesis 2:7 is that they think I can't read. I can read, so I can see for myself what it says at Genesis 2:7 that humans are souls not that they have souls. There's too many things in the scriptures that people try to show is scriptural that is not. People can believe all they want, that I can't read. I know I can. People will say anything to put people down when they disagree with them regarding the scriptures.They will say they're believing in commandments of men, or a cult or a sect, etc. I don't believe any person or group of persons to be infallible like God and that it's impossible for them to be wrong about anything they believe. I just don't think human beings are perfect like that.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree the MANY are those who selfishly performed in his name to curry favour but didn't realize they had left God far behind.

Proof is this IS NOT outright lost ppl but ppl who posed after losing their faith or that posed without EVER KNOWING God in his fullness. I say this bc they prophesied in his name ,performed miracles and cast out demons in is his name,yet did NOT the will of the Father in following his dear Son !

Yet he SAYS, I NEVER KNEW YOU ! This concurs there had never been a relationship established as in salvation and discipleship !

Denominations, the self proclaimed, cultist, the mother god church of catholicism , so called prophets & prophetesses and self proclaimed apostles NEVER had a relationship but were after the works of iniquity in the flesh for self glory, control or greed.

THESE ARE THEY THAT WILL BE TURNED AWAY JUST AS IN THE DAYS OF NOAH, BANGING ON THE DOOR OF THE ARK..........THE DOOR IS FASTLY CLOSING FOR A REAL RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD !

CHOOSE THIS DAY WHOM YOU WILL SERVE!

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@L3astAm0ngManyB13ss3d
Yet he SAYS, I NEVER KNEW YOU ! This concurs there had never been a relationship established as in salvation and discipleship !

Then He never loved them, since He always Loved and knew His Sheep He died for Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Matthew 7:21-23 KJV is considered by the Once Saved Always Saved crowd to be among their strongest "proof texts". It's claimed, "Those who are saved but continue to work iniquity will not be lost because only those Jesus never knew will be told to depart from Him."

Your verse is really simple to understand.

Listen...

If Jesus "knows" you, then Jesus Lives in you. And because Jesus Himself is "Eternal Life" and "The Resurrection", you have those In YOU< so, you are "saved".(Born Again)

If Jesus does not "know" you, then you have no "resurrection" and you have no '"eternal Life"... = so you are this...
John 3:36

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your verse is really simple to understand.

Listen...

If Jesus "knows" you, then Jesus Lives in you. And because Jesus Himself is "Eternal Life" and "The Resurrection", you have those In YOU< so, you are "saved".(Born Again)

If Jesus does not "know" you, then you have no "resurrection" and you have no '"eternal Life"... = so you are this...
John 3:36
When I first discovered the truth, I am ashamed to admit I had zero patience for my former Baptist friends, Catholics, pretty much everyone who is roped into popular but erroneous doctrine. Happy to say that is no longer the case. I'll repeat the question:

Q. While it is true there will be "many" in that day who will hear Jesus say to them "depart", will there be those Jesus knew full well who will also be told to "depart"? Before you answer, I remind you that "many" does not mean "all".

brightfame52

Oct 16, 2020
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When I first discovered the truth, I am ashamed to admit I had zero patience for my former Baptist friends, Catholics, pretty much everyone who is roped into popular but erroneous doctrine. Happy to say that is no longer the case. I'll repeat the question:

Q. While it is true there will be "many" in that day who will hear Jesus say to them "depart", will there be those Jesus knew full well who will also be told to "depart"? Before you answer, I remind you that "many" does not mean "all".
The ones Jesus says " i never knrew you" to, He knew them full well with His omniscience, for He knows every being that way, the righteous and the wicked, for He is the Judge of mankind. But Jesus meant to them of Matt 7:23 is that He never knew them as His People, them He Loved, He never died for them. He had no union with them

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then He never loved them, since He always Loved and knew His Sheep He died for Jn 10:14-15

14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.

Oh but he did and does love them and this was shown in Salvations gift. FREE to all & whosoever will, let him come and partake. Yes I'm know your strictly Calvinist or should I say RESTRICTED Calvinist !

This they ,we and many forget at times, is a reasoning contract between man and God. We follow all his commands under this liberty of grace.We accept every IF clause inspired to reward our walk as we meet its conditions.

Discipleship is where many leave the straight way and narrow gate, for man has HIS own ideas about what God wants instead of DOING EXACTLY WHAT GOD HAS SAID IN HIS WORD !

Brakelite

Feb 6, 2020
Melbourne
brakelite.wordpress.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

Yes. For example, Caiaphas, Judas. Neither fully understood Jesus and who He is, but Jesus certainly knew them.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The ones Jesus says " i never knrew you" to, He knew them full well with His omniscience, for He knows every being that way, the righteous and the wicked, for He is the Judge of mankind. But Jesus meant to them of Matt 7:23 is that He never knew them as His People, them He Loved, He never died for them. He had no union with them
Well said! There will be "many" standing in judgment that will hear Him say to them "depart, I never knew you" or "I never had a spiritual union with you".

The question I have is this: Does the verse eliminate the possibility that there will be others with which He did have a spiritual union who will be told to depart? IOW, will those who take the walk of shame include both some of the previously known along with the unknown?

Last edited:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

To be "known" by God/Christ, is to be indwelled by them...= born again.

If you are not, you are not "known"....= Depart, i never KNEW you.

This verse is to be spiritually discerned.
See, God knows us all........He knows what you are THINKING......so, this "to know" is not speaking to us regarding the natural realm, as God obviously knows all about you, born again or not.

But to be KNOWN by God, is the same as being a BRIDE of Christ........JOINED TO GOD.

That's the context of the verse, Phoneman 777

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To be "known" by God/Christ, is to be indwelled by them...= born again.

If you are not, you are not "known"....= Depart, i never KNEW you.

This verse is to be spiritually discerned.
See, God knows us all........He knows what you are THINKING......so, this "to know" is not speaking to us regarding the natural realm, as God obviously knows all about you, born again or not.

But to be KNOWN by God, is the same as being a BRIDE of Christ........JOINED TO GOD.

That's the context of the verse, Phoneman 777
Look, I don't mind having my feet held to the fire, which is why I don't hesitate to hold yours to it. You seem to have a reading comprehension problem, because you keep missing the question, of which the answer establishes whether Matthew 7:23 KJV can continue to be used to support your position: that those who accept salvation can never be lost. I'll ask again:

Does anything in Matthew 7:23 rule out the possibility that those who take the walk of shame include some Jesus once knew along with the rest He never knew?

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Look, I don't mind having my feet held to the fire, which is why I don't hesitate to hold yours to it.

You Self esteem yourself way past your mental and theological abilities.
Believe it.

Here is the reality.
If you do not believe that Jesus keeps you saved, then you have not even begun to understand the Blood Atonement, or the Cross of Christ.

Most Hyper Calvinist's like you, never will.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you do not believe that Jesus keeps you saved, then you have not even begun to understand the Blood Atonement

This is a perversion of:

“Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.” (1 Peter 1:5)

But here’s the full teaching attached to this passage:

“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear” (1 Peter 1:15-17)

Your perverted teaching allows for fearless unholy conduct.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
“But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation; Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy. And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear” (1 Peter 1:15-17)

Here is the end result of "saving faith".... Hebrews 12:2... "Jesus the FINISHER of your Faith"..

Faith does not save.
Faith allows God to provide you with Salvation, that is eternal, as "the Gift of Salvation"

Cross denying Legalists like you, only want to talk about yourself and works.

Real Christians give all Glory to God, and Christ, who are their Salvation.
This is unknown to you, as you ramble on with your verses that only talk about self effort, as that is your own personal belief system.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith does not save.

:IDK:

Jesus said:
“Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.” (Luke 7:50)

“…thy faith hath saved thee.” (Luke 18:42)

Paul:
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God” (Ephesians 2:8)

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cross denying Legalists like you

Bad fruit from bad doctrine.

only want to talk about yourself and works.

I only talk about the scriptures that expose your lunacy.

Real Christians give all Glory to God

That’s right!

Something you haven’t done:

“Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.” (Matthew 5:16)

Your constant railing against others “self effort” to produce good works shows that you actually despise any action that would bring glory to God.

This is unknown to you

:hmhehm

you ramble on with your verses that only talk about self effort

That’s rich!

Rambling on about scriptures that contradict your teachings equals me talking about myself.

:Laughingoutloud:

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
:IDK:

Jesus said:
“Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.” (Luke 7:50)

Let me show you something that you dont yet understand..

Jesus did say that,... but there was NO CROSS yet given.. No CHRIST DYING For their SIN..
This person, had to come to the Cross, and God had to resolve their SIN, as it was not paid for in Luke 7.

= NO CROSS= NO SALVATiON.

Get that in your head, Michiah-Lmia.

And im not talking about a particular sin, that Jesus told some that was forgiven....Im talking about the REDEMPTION from ALL SIN = that only comes to you by being found IN CHRIST.
And this was not offered until JESUS died on the Cross.
That is well after Luke 7.