"and their eyes were opened..."

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ThePuffyBlob

Dec 16, 2019
( ^◡^)
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
The child's eyes do not cause shame, like a dog's eyes would not cause shame. But, as the child grows, then shame is elicited by their gaze
i am not talking about the shame of a child but shame of an adult on a child
The shame is in knowing that you are arousing sexual impulses in another person. M
i see i am that child though and it's not my mom nor my sis but my aunt she took care of me when i was a child

the last time when we were in a room and they are about to change clothes while i am playing a game my focus is in that game but i know they are about to change but i was waiting for their command commanding me to go out but it did not come till i look and saw them changing i get back focusing on the game lol it's kind of awkward i did want to go out but was really expecting them to say something after that... not sure where i heard them saying about being ashamed while taking clothes off not sure if i am the one they are talking about and it's not even intentional to eavesdrop

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does the Bible mean in the account in Genesis regarding the change that took place after the Fall? I am looking for feedback regarding my view of this event. According to my reading of the Fall, prior to the Fall, humans were not aware that they were naked. Then, after the Fall, they were aware of their nakedness. Could this be evidence of 'evolution'? The Knowledge of good and evil appears to have "opened their eyes", made humans 'conscious' of their nakedness. The lower animals, of course, are not conscious of their nakedness. Were humans somewhat more like animals before the Fall? The use of clothing is also evidence of cultural evolution.

Unlike animals, humans were CREATED in the image of God. Humans did not evolve into God's image. Genesis makes it clear that God created all of the animals "according to their own kinds" and said that the animals were to reproduce "after their own kinds."

THEN, God made man, not as one of the animals, but in a separate event.

Genesis 1:20-27
Then God said, “Let the water swarm with living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky.” So God created the large sea-creatures and every living creature that moves and swarms in the water, according to their kinds. He also created every winged bird according to its kind. And God saw that it was good. So God blessed them, “Be fruitful, multiply, and fill the waters of the seas, and let the birds multiply on the earth.” Evening came and then morning: the fifth day.
Then God said, “Let the earth produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that crawl, and the wildlife of the earth according to their kinds.” And it was so. So God made the wildlife of the earth according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and creatures that crawl on the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.

Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness. They will rule the fish of the sea, the birds of the sky, the livestock, all the earth, and the creatures that crawl on the earth.”
So God created man in His own image;

He created him in the image of God;
He created them male and female.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
This is all very twisted so as to fit it into some orthodox view of the Bible. It is self-evident that people are ashamed when they are naked, animals are not ashamed. Nakedness does not diminish from God's creation being good.

It has nothing to do with my view of genitals, but of the typical human's experience of being naked. I'll bet many of you are even covering your body with a dark room or blankets during sex with your spouses? The shame of nakedness is self-evident to the human experience. Animals do not share this shame, nor did humans before the Fall.
hello Matt....I think you are projecting your own shame upon the general human experience. I for one have no shame being naked.....how is that if as you say, 'It is self-evident that people are ashamed when they are naked,'?
Your statement here reveals your own shame which as mentioned, you project onto others.

Reactions: Base12

Base12

Dec 27, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were naked...
Where do you get your definition for the word 'Naked'?

Do you get it from Man or from the Word of God?

Whenever I interpret a verse, I always use the definition that the Word of God teaches us first. In addition, I use the entire Bible as context.

Remember...

The New Testament reveals to us what was obscured in the Old Testament.

Thus, when taking the complete Bible in context, we find that the word Naked often has very special and unique meanings...

2 Corinthians 5:3
"If so be that being clothed we shall not be found naked."

So, if we were to stop there and use Man's definition of Naked, we would conclude that God will give us some underwear in Heaven.

If we keep reading however, we find that being Naked has to do with how our Bodies will be constructed...

2 Corinthians 5:2
"For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed upon with our house which is from heaven:"

So how does that work? God will throw some plaster and paint on us? Maybe hammer a few nails and two-by-fours into our skulls?

:eek: