1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured "and their eyes were opened..."

Discussion in 'Christianity & Science Forum' started by MattMooradian, Jul 21, 2020.

1. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    United States Minor Outlying Islands
    but who can find the lamb Yah supposedly killed?

amadeus likes this.
  2. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    i would argue that maybe discerning good from evil is not the same as knowing good and evil, and eating the fruit thereof

also, it should maybe be reiterated that this a mythology, whether Xtians choose to believe so or not; there were no eyewitnesses, and a literal historical account is not what was written, except maybe to the blind

Giuliano likes this.
  3. amadeus

amadeus Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    This goes back to what @Base12 [post #8] said about the skins. Our friend @Giuliano first brought that other kind of skin to my attention on another forum many years ago. Consider also the skin as per Ezek 37:6. What did skin add to us at any time?

bbyrd009 and Giuliano like this.
  4. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    And were we all not blind before we began to see... if we ever did?

"And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
    Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth." John 9:40-41

"Therefore they could not believe, because that Esaias said again,
    He hath blinded their eyes, and hardened their heart; that they should not see with their eyes, nor understand with their heart, and be converted, and I should heal them." John 12:39-40

bbyrd009 likes this.
  5. Giuliano

Giuliano Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Revelation has an interesting verse about nakedness and seeing.

Revelation 3:18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.

How does that fit with the passage from Genesis?

Genesis 3:7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.

bbyrd009 likes this.
  6. amadeus

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @Giuliano

Life was lost when Adam and Eve disobeyed and ate from that tree. That was also the beginning of blindness for all the things of God were now invisible to the carnal eyes of men. Jesus brought Life so that people who were dead could be born again from above. The Holy Spirit was poured out providing that eyesalve in the Revelation verse so that men could again begin to see the things of God and finally God himself, at first through a glass darkly but then "face to face". Remember even Moses was told that for man to see God's face was death. But David told to seek His face. The inability to man to see the face of God and live was to change and is changing now as man, or some men, are becoming again "in the image" of God:

First as it was prior to the disobedience:

"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them." Gen 1:26-27

And now as it is becoming:

"Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is." I John 3:2

bbyrd009 and Giuliano like this.
  7. bbyrd009

bbyrd009 Groper

Faith:
    Christian
    for we shall see him as he is

amadeus and Giuliano like this.
  8. Giuliano

Giuliano Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Luke 11:34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

amadeus likes this.
  9. MattMooradian

MattMooradian Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Apparently, you are not reading what is written. You have blinders on that prevent you from seeing these verses for what they clearly mean. The evidence in scripture is written there for you to see, but your preconceived notions hinder your understanding. Perhaps your faith would be shattered if you were open to new understanding? Perhaps you are afraid that you would lose faith if things were not the way you say they are? The book is closed for you. You know all. Perhaps we should bow down at your feet, your knowledge seems to be omniscient? Perhaps you have forgotten about humility? This topic is for the mature Christian. Joseph, you need to avoid this subject. I would hate to see you lose all faith by looking to closely at scripture.

10. stredaleve

stredaleve Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Philippines
    well because they did not eat the forbidden fruit and animals do not have souls right? but humans we are a living soul

we are very different from animals the glory of God is man the glory of man is the woman christ jesus is the invisible image of God and we males are identical to christ jesus males are also image of God

even angels do not look like animals only the beast look like animals and the sheep but they look more like monsters than animals because of the tradition if i see a sheep with 7 horns and 7 eyes i'll honestly tell you it is a monster it is a beast

11. farouk

farouk Well-Known Member

@Giuliano I guess the moral is that we ought to watch what comes via the eye...

(Significantly - if metaphorically - 'Looking unto Jesus' (Hebrews 12.2).

12. MattMooradian

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    There eyes were opened and they noticed that they were naked; they did not notice prior to the Fall. I do not believe Satan is the bringer of light; I do believe that we were not supposed to know that we were naked. The Tree gave us the "knowledge of good and evil", we were not suppose to know good and evil at that point in time.

13. MattMooradian

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Same thing most people today are ashamed of when they are seen naked. Let's not over think it.

14. MattMooradian

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Another person who interprets things literally until it doesn't fit their interpretation.
    No. I am not orthodox.

15. MattMooradian

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    God made them covering, too.

16. MattMooradian

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The shame, the putting on clothes, God making clothes for them to wear, the awareness of the knowledge of good and evil. All of these are Biblical.

17. MattMooradian

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    No. We have always been similar to animals in a number of ways: legs, hair, hearts, kidneys, etc., etc. All I'm asking is if we had one additional similarity to animals before the Fall - no awareness of good and evil; thus, no shame over their nakedness.

18. 101G

101G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Addressing the OP, good topic, I believe I know where you're going with this. an evolution of the mind?. for Eve said, "a tree to be desired to make one wise". this is dealing with the evolution of one's mind, intelligents. the opening of one's eyes is "to know". now one needs wisdom to guide them in either righteousness to LIFE or unrighteousness to DEATH.

PICJAG.

MattMooradian likes this.
  19. stredaleve

stredaleve Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Philippines
    yes if that's what you are asking
    we are like just animals who knows no evil and good but a little special because of how eve was made adam can't find any help from all of the animals so God gave eve to the man before the fall adam can speak already but the animals can't

20. stredaleve

stredaleve Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Philippines
    but the animals do not have souls
    only humans have souls that's why we are called living souls