Angels to Flesh

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Realy ? I can't believe a Christian, a believer of the word would say such a thing. To rightly divide Gods word , to fully understand you first have to understand the beginning. Satan fell first ? You have to be Joking.
GINOLJC, well I can't believe a Christian would say a woman can't preach or pastor in the Lord Jesus the Christ church either, and I can't believe a Christian believe in any pre-adamic race, and many others things. but to the subject at hand, Satan is "evil" not sin. he can only tempt, and not make you sin, it's you who sin. second a fallen state is not a physical location either. third, did you read Ezekiel 28:11-15 and understood it? ... I guess not. but as I said book chapter and verse where it states that Satan sinned first?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 Timothy 4:7 "But refuse profane and old wives' fables, and exercise thyself rather unto godliness".

Romans 5:12 "Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned". sin did not enter the world before ADAM. by him came sin.

Romans 5:14 "Nevertheless death reigned from Adam to Moses, even over them that had not sinned after the similitude of Adam's transgression, who is the figure of him that was to come".

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, Satan, what a topic. many Christian really don't understand Satan role, or as a matter of fact angels roles, some EVIL. God introduce Evil into the world, NOT SIN, (the tree of the knowledge of good and "EVIL"). evil have a role, and that's where many Christian misunderstand. God uses evil angel to do his bidding also. example, Psalms 78:49 "He cast upon them the fierceness of his anger, wrath, and indignation, and trouble, by sending evil angels among them". but let's get to the point about Satan in the beginning in the Garden of Eden. the devil, or Satan beguiled or deceived the woman. Genesis 3:13 "And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat". here beguiled is the Hebrew word, H5377 נָשָׁא nasha' (naw-shaw') v.
1. to lead astray.
2. (mentally) to delude.
3. (morally) to seduce.
[a primitive root]
KJV: beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly.

so the KJV can translate the word as "deceive", and what do deceive means? 1. (of a person) cause (someone) to believe something that is not true, typically in order to gain some personal advantage.
Synonyms with: swindle, defraud, cheat, trick, hoodwink, hoax, dupe, take in, mislead, delude, fool, outwit, lead on, inveigle, beguile, double-cross, gull.

side note: By THE WOMAN being “beguile“ that should also put to death the notion of Eve was having sex with Satan/the devil, which is a lie. Yes study, so that one could “RIGHTLY DIVIDE” the word of God as said.

BUT LET'S SEE THIS DECEPTION, AND BEING BEGUILED CLEARLY.

Let the bible speak.
1 Kings 22:18 "And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee that he would prophesy no good concerning me, but evil? 19 And he said, Hear thou therefore the word of the LORD: I saw the LORD sitting on his throne, and all the host of heaven standing by him on his right hand and on his left. 20 And the LORD said, Who shall persuade Ahab, that he may go up and fall at Ramothgilead? And one said on this manner, and another said on that manner. 21 And there came forth a spirit, and stood before the LORD, and said, I will persuade him. 22 And the LORD said unto him, Wherewith? And he said, I will go forth, and I will be a lying spirit in the mouth of all his prophets. And he said, Thou shalt persuade him, and prevail also: go forth, and do so”.

That word Persuade in verse 20, 21, and 22 is the Hebrew word, H6601 פָּתָה pathah (paw-thaw') v. and it can be translated as “DECEIVE”, that's just what the Satan, (the evil one) did to Eve.
H6601 פָּתָה pathah means 1. to be open, i.e. be roomy.
2. (causative) to open, i.e. make roomy.
3. (usually figurative, in a mental or moral sense) to be simple.
4. (causatively) to make simple.
5. (in a sinister way) to delude.
6. to be deluded.
[a primitive root]
KJV: allure, deceive, enlarge, entice, flatter, persuade, silly (one).

yes, the KJV can translate it as "DECEIVE", again meaning to cause (someone) to believe something. now was Persuading the king by his prophets a sin? no, the evil was the Persuading itself. listen, 1 Kings 22:18 "And the king of Israel said unto Jehoshaphat, Did I not tell thee that he would prophesy no good concerning me, but evil?". the evil was the persuading report. if one thinks that the persuading report was the sin, I suggest one better re-read 1 Kings 22:18-22, because God authorized it. the cause is not the sin, but the one who acts on the deception, is the sinner.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Ouch! Since everyone is at a different place in their journey and growth, such a statement is rather harsh in my opinion. Even to the point of perhaps bringing judgment upon one's own head. Just because I understand something in one manner which may vary from the understanding of another, does not allow me to make such a statement as you do above.

Many have different / varying understandings, and in many cases, I have perhaps seen merit to various understandings. The comparison and discussion of such helps to perhaps bring a deeper understanding to many.

Agree...sadly, once more we have someone judging the relationship we each have with the Lord.
It seems that some people just have a great "need" to be right..and condemn anyone who does agree with their own 'interpretation ' of things..:rolleyes: