Another Premillennial absurdity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did several times.

You do know that the term "OT" is not in the King James Bible?

The only dead in Christ at the time Paul wrote were mostly OT redeemed.

The firstfruits are the Resurrection. Not sure who all you think were not ressurected?

At this point not even sure you even know what made alive means. This phrase is only found in 1 Corinthians 15.

Your demand means you have no other corroboration in Scripture concerning "made alive". You don't even know if it means physically or spiritually, do you, because you have no other explicit definition in Scripture?
Here we go again! More false statments, and more avoidances when asked to provide biblical evidence. Notwithstanding, I will try for those watching on:

So, what is the NT Greek word for "made alive" that is only found in 1 Corinthians 15?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here we go again! More false statments, and more avoidances when asked to provide biblical evidence. Notwithstanding, I will try for those watching on:

So, what is the NT Greek word for "made alive" that is only found in 1 Corinthians 15?
You will try what? Ask another question?

You now seem to imply the OT were not made alive at the Cross.

zōopoiēthēsontai

The OT were made alive at the Cross. They were in the valley of the shadow of death. Psalm 23:4. Now they are not. They have been made alive in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:1

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

Are the OT dissolved into dust? Do they have a permanent incorruptible physical body now in Paradise? Are they:

"Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple."

Are they these:

"I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands."

Either they are still in the dust, or made alive and in Paradise.

Firstfruits in the dust, or Firstfruits in Christ in Paradise?

"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You will try what? Ask another question?

You now seem to imply the OT were not made alive at the Cross.

zōopoiēthēsontai

The OT were made alive at the Cross. They were in the valley of the shadow of death. Psalm 23:4. Now they are not. They have been made alive in Christ.

2 Corinthians 5:1

"For we know that if our earthly house of this tabernacle were dissolved, we have a building of God, an house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens."

Are the OT dissolved into dust? Do they have a permanent incorruptible physical body now in Paradise? Are they:

"Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple."

Are they these:

"I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands."

Either they are still in the dust, or made alive and in Paradise.

Firstfruits in the dust, or Firstfruits in Christ in Paradise?

"And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, Today shalt thou be with me in paradise."

Jesus is the Resurrection and the Life.
You finally answered. The reason you probably avoided this is because you had nothing to support your claims. You have still not answered the question and supported your allegation. Please address it or admit you statement was wrong.

What verse in 1 Cor 15 are you taking zōopoiēthēsontai from?

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You finally answered. The reason you probably avoided this is because you had nothing to support your claims. You have still not answered the question and supported your allegation. Please address it or admit you statement was wrong.

What verse in 1 Cor 15 are you taking zōopoiēthēsontai from?
The one that says made alive.

Paul was talking about all those in Christ before him. The OT redeemed. The OT was the period just prior to the NT. Paul said they were resurrected and made alive. They are the firstfruits.

"And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished."

If Paul thought they already perished, what is a resurrection for? He did not say will perish, nor will they be resurrected in the future. In fact they are with Christ and return with Christ.

"For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."

Are not the OT redeemed in Christ or just the NT redeemed?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one that says made alive.

Paul was talking about all those in Christ before him. The OT redeemed. The OT was the period just prior to the NT. Paul said they were resurrected and made alive. They are the firstfruits.

"And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished."

If Paul thought they already perished, what is a resurrection for? He did not say will perish, nor will they be resurrected in the future. In fact they are with Christ and return with Christ.

"For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him."

Are not the OT redeemed in Christ or just the NT redeemed?

But that word (zōopoieō) is mentioned 14 times in the NT, not once as you claim.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A variation of the root word, yes, not that single Greek word according to Strongs.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not true!

G2227 (KJC)​

ζωοποιέω

zōopoieō

Total KJV Occurrences: 14

quickeneth, 5

Joh 5:21 (2), Joh 6:63, Rom 4:17, 1Ti 6:13

life, 2

2Co 3:6, Gal 3:21

quickened, 2

1Co 15:36, 1Pe 3:18

alive, 1

1Co 15:22

given, 1

Gal 3:21

made, 1

1Co 15:22

quicken, 1

Rom 8:11

quickening, 1

1Co 15:45
You asked about this word:
zōopoiēthēsontai

That word:

made, 1

1 Corinthians 15:22

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."

Not all "made alive" people will be "resurrected". Only the physically dead one's.

So more than a single resurrection, and point in time.

Each in their own order:

The OT.

The NT.

The Day of the Lord.

Last edited:

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You asked about this word:

That word:

"For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive."

Not all "made alive" people will be "resurrected". Only the physically dead one's.

So more than a single resurrection, and point in time.

Each in their own order:

The OT.

The NT.

The Day of the Lord.

Who cares how the translators interpreted it. You claimed: "A variation of the root word, yes, not that single Greek word according to Strongs." Now you are moving the goal posts. That is what you do. Can you not be honest?

The word is found throughout the NT.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who cares how the translators interpreted it. You claimed: "A variation of the root word, yes, not that single Greek word according to Strongs." Now you are moving the goal posts. That is what you do. Can you not be honest?

The word is found throughout the NT.
Then give evey verse with the word zōopoiēthēsontai in it instead of complaining about how I post. Not the root word or other forms, just that word. That is the word you asked about, not all the other forms.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then give evey verse with the word zōopoiēthēsontai in it instead of complaining about how I post. Not the root word or other forms, just that word. That is the word you asked about, not all the other forms.

You said it was only found once in the NT which was a lie. I was exposing these false claims you constantly make.

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And yet you have not even posted one verse to prove your point.
It was you that made the claim. The burden of proof was with you. But as per normal you were unable to biblically support your wild claims.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was you that made the claim. The burden of proof was with you. But as per normal you were unable to biblically support your wild claims.
I posted Strongs. That was the one occurrence. Strongs needs to provide proof it was lying. You asked what verse. That was the only verse I could find with that word. If Strongs is wrong, how can I prove that? Do you want me to read the entire Greek NT to prove Strongs was wrong?

WPM

May 10, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted Strongs. That was the one occurrence. Strongs needs to provide proof it was lying. You asked what verse. That was the only verse I could find with that word. If Strongs is wrong, how can I prove that? Do you want me to read the entire Greek NT to prove Strongs was wrong?
LOL. Strong's listed 14 occurrences in the NT.

Timtofly

Apr 9, 2020
Mount Morris
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You quoted it. Look at your own post.
You asked what verse and I gave the verse. Then you threw a tantrum because Strongs mentioned one usage in that one verse. Now you want me to prove Strongs is wrong. That is your issue, not mine.