Anti- Christian Crusade.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
It seems to me that it has been Marcus and I who have been the victim of one ad hominem attack after another.
I am totally amazed at the venom dripping from people's mouths...when all either one of us has done is to refuse to participate in sin.

Perhaps Stan and Mj would like to take their complaints before the Throne....how dare God call those innocent gay folks sinners? And doesn't He even know the definition of the word "abomination"?
Go and argue with the Guy Who made the law in the first place, and tell Him all about how you live in a secular nation, and how you are not a part of a Theocracy....

I think I want to be far away when you do....and I'm pretty sure Marcus would agree with me. I sure don't want to be standing too close to either of you when He questions you....and He will....about these things.
LOL...really Barrd? I think I'll just ask that this thread be closed as you nor Marcus obviously have NO idea when it comes to HOW to proper exegete the Bible.

I don't need to argue with God, I have His written words, and they do NOT say what you purport. Of course your prevarications and equivocal responses only exacerbate the problem here. You ACT innocent but God knows the difference between His sheep and the goats.

Sheep and goats are all mixed, and only Jesus knows the difference, despite how some may appear, they are still goats.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
StanJ said:
I am amazed at how often your kettle persona is calling everyone else black that doesn't agree with you. It's the height of self righteousness.
Of all the people I've met since I've been in this forum, you are the last one who ought to be calling anyone self-righteous, Stan.
This isn't even a case of pots and kettles....

This is more like the Pharisee thinking he's "all that", while the sinner begs for mercy.

You look down on Marcus, and on me, because we are trying to uphold the law of God? You pride yourself on what you think is your greater knowledge?

No, you are definitely not the contrite publican in that parable....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Because I don't think like you, I'm the sick one... yeah, right.

Vitriol: abusive or venomous language used to express blame or censure or bitter deep-seated ill will. Barrd and I have taken a lot of grief from you, little miss river jordan and mjr, and then you label us as what you are and you don't like it when it comes back at you.

As a line in the movie "Cool Runnings" - "What is wrong with you is no small thing."
Marcus, let them rant on, my friend.
Take comfort in these words from our Lord and our God:

Mat 5:10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness' sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Mat 5:11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.
Mat 5:12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

Don't be offended by them. Rather, pray that their eyes might be opened.
I know...I feel the very same way...
Being slapped in the face hurts...but we must learn, you and I, to turn the other cheek.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Of all the people I've met since I've been in this forum, you are the last one who ought to be calling anyone self-righteous, Stan.
This isn't even a case of pots and kettles....

This is more like the Pharisee thinking he's "all that", while the sinner begs for mercy.

And, no....you are not the publican in that parable...
I can't be bothered with you or Marcus any longer Barrd. Life is to short to waste on people who refuse to learn or believe what God's word says. I've put you both on my ignore list.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Marcus, all you're doing is deflecting and trolling now because you can't do anything else.
That's utter nonsense.

StanJ said:
you have NOTHING to contribute.
Not true; just your biased opinion.

StanJ said:
Your bias and obvious vehemence is very clear.
You are guilty of what you criticize others doing. And anytime someone says something is "clear" I know it's anything but clear and merely their opinion.

It's amazing how much abuse you can get on a Christian website for sticking up for morality in the face of homosexuality.

I'm telling you as I've said for over a decade now: the radical homosexual movement will be used to attack the Elect. I never really expected it from those who profess Christ though.

I guess the love of most has grown cold.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
StanJ said:
LOL...really Barrd? I think I'll just ask that this thread be closed as you nor Marcus obviously have NO idea when it comes to HOW to proper exegete the Bible.

I don't need to argue with God, I have His written words, and they do NOT say what you purport. Of course your prevarications and equivocal responses only exacerbate the problem here. You ACT innocent but God knows the difference between His sheep and the goats.

Sheep and goats are all mixed, and only Jesus knows the difference, despite how some may appear, they are still goats.
I like how you worded your first line....almost as if you have some kind of influence over at least one of the mods...as if at least one of them is not exactly without prejudice. Are you telling us that you have friends in high places in this forum?

Your next line sounds a whole lot like a personal opinion. It might surprise you to be told that I am not afraid to stand before God on this issue. His written word definitely does say that homosexual sex is a sin...just like any other sin.

I am what I am, Stan. There are no "hidden depths" here. What you see is what you get.

What you don't seem to understand is that Jesus' sheep know His voice, and they follow Him. They will not hear a stranger's voice, nor follow a stranger.
Those who love Jesus will obey Him...those who do not, will not.

Now, I'm willing to cut folks like you a bit of slack....perhaps you just don't understand what you've read. Perhaps, like Mj, you don't realize that loving a sinner doesn't mean kissing him on the cheek and sitting quietly while he goes along on his merry way to hell. Maybe if you could get over this idea that you, and you alone, know how to "exegete" the Bible, you might be able to get that log out of your eye so you can read it.

Meantime, I suggest that you leave it to God to decide whether I am a sheep or a goat. After all, it'll be your turn soon enough...which line will you be in?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
"...12. However, since God speaks in Sacred Scripture through men in human fashion, (6) the interpreter of Sacred Scripture, in order to see clearly what God wanted to communicate to us, should carefully investigate what meaning the sacred writers really intended, and what God wanted to manifest by means of their words.

To search out the intention of the sacred writers, attention should be given, among other things, to "literary forms." For truth is set forth and expressed differently in texts which are variously historical, prophetic, poetic, or of other forms of discourse. The interpreter must investigate what meaning the sacred writer intended to express and actually expressed in particular circumstances by using contemporary literary forms in accordance with the situation of his own time and culture. (7) For the correct understanding of what the sacred author wanted to assert, due attention must be paid to the customary and characteristic styles of feeling, speaking and narrating which prevailed at the time of the sacred writer, and to the patterns men normally employed at that period in their everyday dealings with one another. (8)

But, since Holy Scripture must be read and interpreted in the sacred spirit in which it was written, (9) no less serious attention must be given to the content and unity of the whole of Scripture if the meaning of the sacred texts is to be correctly worked out. The living tradition of the whole Church must be taken into account along with the harmony which exists between elements of the faith. It is the task of exegetes to work according to these rules toward a better understanding and explanation of the meaning of Sacred Scripture, so that through preparatory study the judgment of the Church may mature. For all of what has been said about the way of interpreting Scripture is subject finally to the judgment of the Church, which carries out the divine commission and ministry of guarding and interpreting the word of God. (10)

13. In Sacred Scripture, therefore, while the truth and holiness of God always remains intact, the marvelous "condescension" of eternal wisdom is clearly shown, "that we may learn the gentle kindness of God, which words cannot express, and how far He has gone in adapting His language with thoughtful concern for our weak human nature." (11) For the words of God, expressed in human language, have been made like human discourse, just as the word of the eternal Father, when He took to Himself the flesh of human weakness, was in every way made like men.

12234848_1012105452143898_6761828997743823799_n.jpg

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
StanJ said:
and I've asked that this thread be closed.
I agree considering that two of the main participants in this thread have said, "This isn't a real thread," and "This thread is like a silly soap opera."

This topic, if it still qualifies as one, is not edifying and it shouldn't continue.

Status
Not open for further replies.