Anti- Christian Crusade.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

heretoeternity

Oct 11, 2014
Asia/Pacific
StanJ said:
Your denial wasn't unexpected Marcus, but tell me...who is forcing you to do ANYTHING to violate your morals.
The governments do it all the time, by using tax dollars to fund abortuaries, and their killing of preborn babies, and any other programs they fund which goes against true Christian beliefs.

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
heretoeternity said:
The governments do it all the time, by using tax dollars to fund abortuaries, and their killing of preborn babies, and any other programs they fund which goes against true Christian beliefs.
Are they FORCING you to abort babies?

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
StanJ said:
Apparently YOU don't get it. http://www.civilrights.org/lgbt/enda/religious-exemption.html They are for people, not for businesses.

What you allude to, were truckers forced to go against their religious beliefs by their employer, which are the same rights that protect you. Not surprising I guess, that you feel your rights are more important than any other citizen.

God did NOT marry Adam and Eve, Adam pledged himself to Eve, which you would know if you bothered to read Gen 2:23
Genesis 2:23 does not say Adam pledged himself to Eve. Instead it is where names her "woman".

In the next verse God presents them as husband and wife.

The people who run the business have rights too. You feel that sinful rights are more important than moral ones.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Genesis 2:23 does not say Adam pledged himself to Eve. Instead it is where names her "woman".

The people who run the business have rights too. You feel that sinful rights are more important than moral ones.
Read the words Marcus....

Then the man said,

“This one at last is bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
this one will be called ‘woman,’
for she was taken out of man.”
That is why a man leaves his father and mother and unites with his wife, and they become a new family(or one flesh).

You sure add a lot of your thoughts to God's word.

What you don't seem to get is that capitalism does not give ANYONE the right to impose it on or against another's belief system, and FYI, Jesus was NOT a capitalist.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
...following a Jewish carpenter...
My nephew...the one who was gay and is now married to a woman...for some reason he favors the 'Good News" version of the Bible.
So, in his honor, the following from the Good News Bible:

23-25 The Man said,
“Finally! Bone of my bone,
flesh of my flesh!
Name her Woman
for she was made from Man.”
Therefore a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife. They become one flesh.
The two of them, the Man and his Wife, were naked, but they felt no shame.

It is God Who calls Eve Adam's wife.
It is God Who ordained marriage.

My own beloved King James version says:

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

The NIV (which most folks seem to favor around here) says:

21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

In every case, it is God Who gives Eve the name "wife", not Adam.

No matter how they tap dance around it, it was God Who ordained marriage, and it was and still is between one man and one woman.

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
Marcus O'Reillius said:

Now, wouldn't you think that a Christian would be more interested in preserving the rights of the Christian to stand up for his faith than the rights of a sinner to his sin?
Yet here we have a Christian who, as you say, feels that sinful rights are more important than moral rights.

I just don't like the smell of that....

Barrd

His Humble Servant
Jul 27, 2015
kepha31 said:
(CNSNews.com) – Cardinal Francis George, head of the Catholic archdiocese of Chicago, said the levers of power in government, education, entertainment, and media are enforcing a “public creed,” a “fake church” that requires all citizens to approve of gay marriage and related sexual anomalies or be punished by the State, just “as Christians and Jews are fined for their religion in countries governed by Sharia law.”
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/michael-w-chapman/cardinal-us-creed-gay-marriage-sharia-law
What a terrifying thought, Kepha!

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
My nephew...the one who was gay and is now married to a woman...for some reason he favors the 'Good News" version of the Bible.
So, in his honor, the following from the Good News Bible:

23-25 The Man said,
“Finally! Bone of my bone,
flesh of my flesh!
Name her Woman
for she was made from Man.”
Therefore a man leaves his father and mother and embraces his wife. They become one flesh.
The two of them, the Man and his Wife, were naked, but they felt no shame.

It is God Who calls Eve Adam's wife.
It is God Who ordained marriage.

My own beloved King James version says:

21 And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
22 And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

The NIV (which most folks seem to favor around here) says:

21 So the Lord God caused the man to fall into a deep sleep; and while he was sleeping, he took one of the man’s ribs[g] and then closed up the place with flesh. 22 Then the Lord God made a woman from the rib[h] he had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.
23 The man said,

“This is now bone of my bones
and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’

24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
25 Adam and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.

In every case, it is God Who gives Eve the name "wife", not Adam.

No matter how they tap dance around it, it was God Who ordained marriage, and it was and still is between one man and one woman.
I am amazed at how easy you make assertions to support your bias, despite the FACT that nowhere does it say God did anything but make Eve. Adam named her and called her his wife. Show me EXACTLY where the Bible says GOD, ordained marriage.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marcus O'Reillius said:
I read them; you're wrong again.

Adam does not utter the words of verse 24. That is a statement by God through Moses.
So Adam did say the words in 23 and you admit he did, yet you apparently just glide over the words "THIS IS WHY" in 24? How convenient. So where does it say God ordained marriage in 23 or 24?

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
The Barrd said:
Now, wouldn't you think that a Christian would be more interested in preserving the rights of the Christian to stand up for his faith than the rights of a sinner to his sin?
Yet here we have a Christian who, as you say, feels that sinful rights are more important than moral rights.

I just don't like the smell of that....
I would think a Christian could be honest when referring to God's word, but obviously THAT is not the case. It is very apparent that SOME who CALL themselves Christian, have no problem at all prevaricating about what His word does say. It is rather sad IMO.

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm amazed at how selective you can be in picking and choosing what to believe.

Genesis 2:24 is a summation statement by God, explaining to us the basic relationships between man and woman. This is what the "second" creation account as some call it, the detailed parallel account to the broad overview of chapter 1 to 2:3, does.

As Jesus said, from the beginning, we were made male and female. The old adage that God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, nor Eve and Madam; is true. And Jesus confirms Genesis 2:24 in Matthew buttressing marriage as a fundamental institution. It is the basis of all healthy communities, and the only sound basis to raise children. Only liberals think a village raises a child and they teach the most perverted things these days - like what you're advocating.

This is a basic truism, which is what the second parallel account does; setting the relationship between Man and God, between Man and Woman, between Man and Satan with the nature of sin being introduced, and even the first prophetic utterance, the relationship between God and Satan.

Adam is not the one who sets these basic relationships. He is not that smart.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
God never married Adam to Eve, God created Eve as a companion, Help meet, for Adam so He wouldnt be alone, When God took Adams rib from Him and created Eve from it they where Joined together, Life was created from a part of man. If you bother to look up the word "wife" it means woman or wife, she was his woman or wife, they belonged to one another. Some people just never take things to God always leaning on their own understanding. A man and a woman become married when they have sex. They are joined together when He sows His seed in her to produce life, a child, Why do you think Jesus said the woman at the well had 5 husbands but the one you are with is not your husband.?? Did he call her a sinner, could see a few here throwing rocks and boulders at her.

You know that bit, let he who is without sin, or the bit about removing the beam from your own eye first.

And that is why homosexuals cannot be married in the eyes of God, what they ask for is of the world, we are not of this world.

In all His Love

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marcus O'Reillius said:
I'm amazed at how selective you can be in picking and choosing what to believe.

Genesis 2:24 is a summation statement by God, explaining to us the basic relationships between man and woman. This is what the "second" creation account as some call it, the detailed parallel account to the broad overview of chapter 1 to 2:3, does.

As Jesus said, from the beginning, we were made male and female. The old adage that God made Adam and Eve, not Adam and Steve, nor Eve and Madam; is true. And Jesus confirms Genesis 2:24 in Matthew buttressing marriage as a fundamental institution. It is the basis of all healthy communities, and the only sound basis to raise children. Only liberals think a village raises a child and they teach the most perverted things these days - like what you're advocating.

This is a basic truism, which is what the second parallel account does; setting the relationship between Man and God, between Man and Woman, between Man and Satan with the nature of sin being introduced, and even the first prophetic utterance, the relationship between God and Satan.

Adam is not the one who sets these basic relationships. He is not that smart.
It's not being selective Marcus, it's taking what God's word SAYS, and NOT adding thoughts to it as you do. I've asked you many times to support your POV, and you have FAILED to do so. Quite frankly I'm amazed at how easily you deflect.

V24 is a summation of v23, which are Adam's words. God didn't correct him, so why do you feel the need to ADD what happened here?

Jesus said DIVORCE was never meant to be, from the very beginning, and that word in Hebrew is gârash, which connotes 'put away', or 'cast out'. That has to do with the commitment of TAKING a wife/helpmate, NOT anything to do with an institutional or God ordained sacrament. You have mixed RCC teachings with your own beliefs and sadly can't even see it. The word lâqach in Hebrew, is translated marry in English, and connotes; to take, get, fetch, lay hold of, seize, receive, acquire, buy, bring, take a wife, snatch, take away.
YOU take the modern connotation of "marriage", instead of the connotation if conveyed when the Bible was written in Hebrew.
Marry then, connoted to join or fit together, and if you actually understood v23 & 24 in THAT context, you would understand. Sadly you force God's word into your narrow POV, which is called eisegesis.

You need to stop viewing the Bible in terms of your personal likes and dislikes and LEARN to read it in proper hermeneutical terms and idioms.

God gave Adam rule over ALL, including Eve, and Adam named all living creatures, including Eve. Your view that he was a caveman and therefore not very smart, is exactly what many people who believe OE convey. It all fits together within that BAD dogma.

God's word states; Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law. Psalm 119:18

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adam was so smart according to Stan that he blamed God for his transgression because God gave him Eve.

And verse 24 is not put in quotation by textual critics and translators because that summation statement was not Adam's utterance.

StanJ

May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Marcus O'Reillius said:
Adam was so smart according to Stan that he blamed God for his transgression because God gave him Eve.

And verse 24 is not put in quotation by textual critics and translators because that summation statement was not Adam's utterance.
I have no idea what you are talking about and quite frankly I don't think you know either.

v24 tells us why men cleave to women, regardless as to whether Adam said it or not. You strive about quotation marks?

If you actually knew how to read IN context, you wouldn't have a problem here, but as I've said before, your reading is eisegetical in nature.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You have no idea what I'm talking about and you're lecturing me on the Bible as Stan reads it.

That's funny.
And so you lecture on him how you read it, and no one takes things to God lest He tells them how wrong they are, and so christianity is teh mess it is because

Joh 5:39 Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.
Joh 5:40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might have life.

God has given us more than the disciples and the prophets ever had but we lay it all aside so we can figure it out for ourselves. Sometimes I woner why God puts up with us.

In all his Love

Marcus O'Reillius

Jan 20, 2014
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't a real thread.

This is just an example of how political correctness, liberalism, and idealism tries to take the extremes of hot and cold out of Christianity and ends up with the lukewarm Ladiciean church which is violently vomited.

Y'all make me sick with your pap.

Status
Not open for further replies.