Anti-reformers month

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
There was no reformation of the church, acts 9:4 only rebellion against Christ and his one true church founded on Peter and the apostles Matt 16:18-19 and 18:18 Jn 2:21-23 eph 2:20

Faith and baptism required for the new covenant Mk 16:16 acts 2:38-39 acts 8:36-38 ez 36:25-27 1 pet 3:20-21

unlike the control freaks at reformation month all are welcome here, it’s all good, any biblical insight is welcome!

where does the Bible say to have a reformation? Or a revival? Or Sunday school?

you’re free to ask anything
questions or statements without insight will never fly irrespective of how much flapping.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
SO LETS ME AND YOU GET THINGS STRAIGHT your catholic doctrine does NOT Float it sinks the Church is built upon the lord Jesus Christ the only true foundation no other foundation-----------> 1 Corinthians 3:11 “For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.”
i have no need to go any farther your trying to build with wood hay stubble i been commanded to feed God sheep to peter was just a man a righteous man at that. but he him self is just a chosen vessel to do God work. in essence all those who are truly born again are wise master builders . there is no hope with the pope sorry to bust your bubble. everything you post to try prove your point is like a fighter jet shot down in combat it burns in flames same as your straw man theology

Eph 2:20

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only obvious answer would have to be that the church had become deformed, wouldn't it, Ange? In all sincerity--that is. :)

impossible! The church was founded by Christ so are you saying he founded an imperfect church

the spotless bride prepared

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

prepared by God!

irreformable!

just as truth revealed by God is immutable!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
impossible! The church was founded by Christ so are you saying he founded an imperfect church

the spotless bride prepared

Revelation 21:2
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

prepared by God!

irreformable!

just as truth revealed by God is immutable!
Unfortunately, with regard to perfection, churches also involve erring humans. I think this is irrefutable. The Old Testament church was so faulty that it was enslaved by Babylon, Ange. :)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfortunately, with regard to perfection, churches also involve erring humans. I think this is irrefutable. The Old Testament church was so faulty that it was enslaved by Babylon, Ange. :)

the church is perfect we are members of the church are sinners

type is the wild animals on Noah’s ark

the church is founded by God in Christ and must be perfect
Teaching only truth and never error
Truth is revealed by God and is therefore immutable as the church is irreformable

you beat everything, you know that!

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no not saved

matt 24:13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Matthew 10:22
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Mark 13:13
And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Heb 3:14 For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb 6:11 And we desire that every one of you do shew the same diligence to the full assurance of hope unto the end:

1. Romans 11:22 – God’s kindness, if you continue in His kindness

2. Colossians 1:21-23 – holy and blameless, if you continue in the faith"

3. The race of faith: the example of Paul

4. Hebrews 12:22-25: "we shall not escape if we turn away from Him"

5. Hebrews 4:1-3, 9-12: "strive to enter the rest of God"

6.Hebrews 6:4-9 – those who became partakers of the holy spirit and fell away

7. Hebrews 10:23-29, 35-39: "if we sin willfully", "if anyone draws back".

8. Matthew 24:13: He that endures to the end, the same shall be saved

9. Hebrews 3:4-6: Holding fast our confidence firm until the end

10. Matthew 24:13: "But the one who endures to the end will be saved"

11. 1 John 2:24-25 – "if what you heard from the beginning abides in you"

12. 2 John 8-9 : to "everyone who goes on ahead and does not abide in the teaching of Christ

13. 2 Peter 1:5-11 : "Make every effort to supplement your faith"

14. Philippians 2:12-16: "work out your salvation with fear and trembling"

15. 1 Timothy 6:10-16: the love of money

16. Galatians 5:2-4 "Severed from Christ"

17. 2 Timothy 2:11-13: "if we deny him, he will also deny us"

18. James 5:19-20: the wandered brother

19. Some will abandon the faith

20. 1 Timothy 5:8: "he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever"

22. The real family of Jesus: "Those who hear the Word of God and do it"

23. 1 Corinthians 5:5: "so that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord"

24. Peter 2: "It would have been better for them never to have known the way of righteousness"

25. Jude: "Turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness" - a much relevant warning

26. 1 Cor. 9:27 ....Lest I myself might become a castaway

Romans 13:11
And that, knowing the time, that now it is high time to awake out of sleep: for now is our salvation nearer than when we believed.

So salvation by “faith alone” is completely false and impossible!
The Bible says salvation is by GRACE, through faith, doesn't it? Just asking. :)

Reactions: GRACE ambassador

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How perfect was the man Adam made by God? Are you missing a perfect vision of God's plan? Did God's plan contain any errors?

What is written about God's Word? Did He not speak it perfectly?

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." Isaiah 55:11

What is a baby? What is a church of milk drinkers? Did they not all start as milk drinkers? When does anyone move from milk to meat?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no
Grace, faith & works (prayer, fasting, alms, virtues) and the sacraments
All in Christ and thru grace
There is nothing about grace in your words above.

Way to much doing to be of grace (unmerited favor)

What you want us to do is merit salvation. Not get on our knees and cry out for Gods mercy

Reactions: GRACE ambassador