Anxiety

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lost me at sardines. :confused:o_O:p

Lol!!! I won't cook fish around here but I can sometimes get them in a can 5 for $5.

I started them when I learned pernicious anemia was a common trait for people of Scandinavian descent so I studied the diets of Vikings and applied some parts.

(I would absolutely waste time doing that.)

Reactions: Mayflower

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And green tea has l-theanine, 3 cups a day instead of coffee can reduce anxiety.
My Taiwanese and Japanese vendors would bring us little gifts when they'd visit the States, and they knew I loved green tea, so they'd bring me packages of raw tea leaves. My wife found a tea infuser at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, so I'd just microwave a cup of hot water and make tea in my office. But my co-workers would look at that baggie of dried leaves on my desk awfully funny-like. One of them even offered me some rolling papers.:rolleyes:

The Koreans would bring little bottles of ginseng extract, which is supposed to be good for fatigue. It comes as a tarry extract that looks, smells, and tastes terrible. :eek:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One of them even offered me some rolling papers.:rolleyes:
Lol!!!

My Taiwanese and Japanese vendors would bring us little gifts when they'd visit the States, and they knew I loved green tea, so they'd bring me packages of raw tea leaves. My wife found a tea infuser at Bed, Bath, and Beyond, so I'd just microwave a cup of hot water and make tea in my office. But my co-workers would look at that baggie of dried leaves on my desk awfully funny-like. One of them even offered me some rolling papers.:rolleyes:

The Koreans would bring little bottles of ginseng extract, which is supposed to be good for fatigue. It comes as a tarry extract that looks, smells, and tastes terrible. :eek:
Ashwaghanda (Indian Ginseng) tastes awful, also. I have the powder but can't bear to take a shot of it because it burns with bitterness. I have chosen suffering over the 20 seconds of "blech!!!!"

I do like green tea, but I can't seem to replace coffee in the morning with cute fluffy Panda box.

Look how cute he is

81TlITgc6dL._SL1500_.jpg

Matcha powder, now that's a keeper!

Reactions: Lambano

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do like green tea, but I can't seem to replace coffee in the morning with cute fluffy Panda box.

Look how cute he is
Awwww!

Yeah, I can't replace my morning coffee either. I might take some green tea to work for that after-lunch slump, though.

I haven't tried matcha, but I'll take that as a recommendation.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Caffeine is actually quite poisonous, especially to the anxiety prone. If I didn't say it, I fear the rocks would cry out. lol

Watermelon or watermelon juice make an excellent energy/alertness tonic without any bad or side effects (except perhaps for diabetic considerations). The only other natural remedy I know of that comes close in effectiveness would be mustard greens, which would be decidedly less popular and/or practical. Here's a good, related video:

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Caffeine is actually quite poisonous, especially to the anxiety prone. If I didn't say it, I fear the rocks would cry out. lol

Watermelon or watermelon juice make an excellent energy/alertness tonic without any bad or side effects (except perhaps for diabetic considerations). The only other natural remedy I know of that comes close in effectiveness would be mustard greens, which would be decidedly less popular and/or practical. Here's a good, related video:

I think this is the second time I have heard about watermelon juice this week.

I've considered getting some milk kefir grains. Kefir contains tryptophan and kefir grains just double, you won't run out.

Watermelon vs. Potato masher... maybe in the future

The gut and the brain are a really big interconnected deal.

Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think this is the second time I have heard about watermelon juice this week.

I've considered getting some milk kefir grains. Kefir contains tryptophan and kefir grains just double, you won't run out.

Watermelon vs. Potato masher... maybe in the future

The gut and the brain are a really big interconnected deal.
I try to avoid fermented products, especially dairy ones, but I'm more strict in my diet than most people would care to be. It actually happened almost overnight (which I don't recommend), back in 1990. The Adventist "health message" was literally a life saver for me. I'd be dead as a door nail (whatever that is - lol) without it. Just thinking out loud. Sorry. :)

Reactions: DuckieLady

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even touch irritating spices (although being violently allergic to rhizomes, such as ginger, turmeric, and kava made that transition pretty easy) or vinegar (ascetic acid is very inflammatory to mucus membranes). Pretty weird, huh?

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I try to avoid fermented products, especially dairy ones, but I'm more strict in my diet than most people would care to be. It actually happened almost overnight (which I don't recommend), back in 1990. The Adventist "health message" was literally a life saver for me. I'd be dead as a door nail (whatever that is - lol) without it. Just thinking out loud. Sorry. :)

Oh!!! I am a fermenter. Lol

Have you tried "The Maker's Diet"?

Jordan Rubin.

It was a bit of a fad, I think, but off and on, I wonder if there is something to it.

I seriously believe that the increase of mental illness
in this nation are caused mostly by diet, inactivity, and ungodly influences- even in entertainment. Maybe especially.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jordan Rubin.

It was a bit of a fad, I think, but off and on, I wonder if there is something to it.

in this nation are caused mostly by diet, inactivity, and ungodly influences- even in entertainment. Maybe especially.
Cling to the glorious King JESUS my dear sister . Yes indeed HE alone is our hope and our salvation .
Our hope is in our LORD . Let the LORD be praised my dear sister .

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't even touch irritating spices (although being violently allergic to rhizomes, such as ginger, turmeric, and kava made that transition pretty easy) or vinegar (ascetic acid is very inflammatory to mucus membranes). Pretty weird, huh?

Huh!

Even if it is home grown and dehydrated?

Maybe it spared you. This came out recently..

Heavy metals, chemicals found in many spices, Consumer Reports study finds

The more these things come out, the less I want to use anything mixed by a factory.

Reactions: amigo de christo

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Jordan Rubin.

I guess I pretty much follow the "Back To Eden" diet by Jethro Kloss. But it all stems from Genesis 1 & 3, and Daniel 1. I generally don't use animal products at all, but I do love me some bee vomit now and then - lol.

I also try to practice optimal digestional food combining, which I predict will become a fad coming to checkout counter magazines near you fairly soon. I fend off Christian vegan snobs by reminding them that Jesus ate fish in His glorified body - lol. :p

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Huh!

The more these things come out, the less I want to use anything mixed by a factory.
we might just have to start growing our own things and going to local garden markets and buying those kind of products .
Cause the big companies are in it for the money and they aint so safe . Its all about the love of money for most .
OH but our LORD is with us dear sister . YES HE IS . SO just leap up and let the KING be praised .
Just think about what a great and wonderful HOME awaits us at our end . And praise the glorious LORD through it all .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol!!!

Ashwaghanda (Indian Ginseng) tastes awful, also. I have the powder but can't bear to take a shot of it because it burns with bitterness. I have chosen suffering over the 20 seconds of "blech!!!!"

Look how cute he is

81TlITgc6dL._SL1500_.jpg

Matcha powder, now that's a keeper!
That is the green tea i drink too dear sister . When i drink it . Its the same identical box .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My soul is fat and happy in the glorious LORD . SO i just wanted to remind us all of this .......
LET all that has breath just thank and praise the glorious LORD . Having all hope and all affections above on HIM .
Yes indeed to our Lord be all honor , all praise and all thanksgiving .

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope. I don't dig inflammation. Even when I can't see or feel it. I'm an admitted fanatic - lol.

All this stuff can be quite readily managed by judicious use of chelators such as activated charcoal and herbs like cilantro (there's a reason it tastes like soap to some folks ;)).