Anxiety

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The stuff on the left... I wish!
The stuff on the left is not about anxiety at all. Quite the opposite. And there is a very simple solution to anxiety. Take each day and each minute one unit at a time. Focus on the present and you will not have time to be anxious about the future.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The stuff on the left is not about anxiety at all. Quite the opposite. And there is a very simple solution to anxiety. Take each day and each minute one unit at a time. Focus on the present and you will not have time to be anxious about the future.
I realize, if I had more of the qualities on the left, I might be a little less of the stuff on the right. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Mayflower and marks

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Proper nutrition and exercise go a long way toward relieving this stuff--much more than many realize. Also, increasing charitable acts relieves anxiety, as does meditating on the Psalms, promises of God (many of which are hidden from obvious sight), but most of all, the matchless charms of Christ.

There are several good books by a (Christian, I believe) author by the name of William Backus, who has kind of a CBT approach to mental wellness, which has proven to be very effective in clinical testing. At least one of his books is included in Kindle Unlimited, I believe (for those who have the service). But virtually all of them are available on Kindle, which is usually less expensive, I think, than paperback or hard-bound. :)

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Proper nutrition and exercise go a long way toward relieving this stuff--much more than many realize. Also, increasing charitable acts relieves anxiety, as does meditating on the Psalms, promises of God (many of which are hidden from obvious sight), but most of all, the matchless charms of Christ.

There are several good books by a (Christian, I believe) author by the name of William Backus, who has kind of a CBT approach to mental wellness, which has proven to be very effective in clinical testing. At least one of his books is included in Kindle Unlimited, I believe (for those who have the service). But virtually all of them are available on Kindle, which is usually less expensive, I think, than paperback or hard-bound. :)
In addition to prayer, Bible reading and fellowship, a good diet, fresh air and exercise are indeed time-honoured ways for the believer to keep healthy mentally.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

It is the reality of it though. People can look like they are handling things well, but can really be struggling until things spin out of control. It isn't always so easy to just go have the right focus. It is major warfare/battlefield of the mind.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I agree... Lots of good tips here. Muscle relaxation and playing peaceful music/scriptures helps. Journaling/art helps. Lists of coping skills for anxious times help.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree... Lots of good tips here. Muscle relaxation and playing peaceful music/scriptures helps. Journaling/art helps. Lists of coping skills for anxious times help.
Oh, yeah, music that isn't bombastic, moody, or syncopated can help greatly, too (I can't believe I forgot that part). Bach's Brandenburg Concertos are absolutely wonderful. If you don't care for classical music, you can turn it way down and it will grow on you and you'll eventually want to increase the volume gradually. The chords that were created by the early composers actually came from listening to the birds sing, I'm told. And I guess we all know where that music comes from. :D

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
It is the reality of it though. People can look like they are handling things well, but can really be struggling until things spin out of control. It isn't always so easy to just go have the right focus. It is major warfare/battlefield of the mind.
@Mayflower It is a reminder of the primacy of the inward and spiritual; Philippians is strong on this; cf. 'Let this mind be in you...' (Philippians 2.5); '...think on these things' (Philippians 4.8).

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I had crippling anxiety for years before I came down with schizophrenia. I was on meds for the anxiety and depression caused from it. With God I don't have to take medication for it anymore.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I am exactly like this and suffering terribly, but I am also extremely hormonal and I don't know how much is real life. I think I might be getting getting-older-changes, making it worse.

Nobody tells you about old lady puberty

I dropped down on the floor today and just cried and cried. Unfortunately I chose to land my head where I had swept everything in a pile. I was a mess today.

I have been hospitalized a few times in my life for dehydration (because busy). I wonder how common it is for that to be the cause for other people.

Dehydration and Anxiety: Understanding the Connection

They need to make water with built in counters.

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In addition to prayer, Bible reading and fellowship, a good diet, fresh air and exercise are indeed time-honoured ways for the believer to keep healthy mentally.
You know what?

I think Americans are seriously lacking a diet that includes oats, fish, lentils.

We just don't do typically do that

We also are drinking too much coffee breakfast in order to compensate, and it is killing us. From a nutritional standpoint, it is like driving a car without any gas.

I feel my best and my symptoms are far, far less with a breakfast of salted porridge, sardines, and sliced cucumber. Plenty of water.

(It is the food of my people.)

It is not very appetizing, but a days' work requires it. The bones heal and the skin glows.

And a lentil soup for lunch isn't too bad. Very good for iron deficiency.

Maybe I'll get back on it and meal prep.

And green tea has l-theanine, 3 cups a day instead of coffee can reduce anxiety.