Any good timeline charts of Scripture I could share with lower-class junior high/high schoolers?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

overground55

Nov 25, 2020
Colorado Springs
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm part of a ministry in which we go into lower income neighborhoods and play basketball with the kids in those areas. These are mostly junior high/high-school age kids living in broken homes and dealing with personal issues. After basketball, we go through passages of scripture, and we want to share with them a visual timeline of scripture that would be accessible to them. A Google search reveals lots of very complex timelines, and I’d like something more dumbed-down and accessible so these kids get the basic idea of the timeline of Scripture. Is there anything out there that I can share with them that you folks know of?

2nd Timothy Group

Nov 8, 2020
Cashmere
www.youtube.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm part of a ministry in which we go into lower income neighborhoods and play basketball with the kids in those areas. These are mostly junior high/high-school age kids living in broken homes and dealing with personal issues. After basketball, we go through passages of scripture, and we want to share with them a visual timeline of scripture that would be accessible to them. A Google search reveals lots of very complex timelines, and I’d like something more dumbed-down and accessible so these kids get the basic idea of the timeline of Scripture. Is there anything out there that I can share with them that you folks know of?

This may not be what you're looking for, but this is a "timeline" of sorts, but more like a "Map of the Bible." Maybe what you're looking for? Not really? - The Seven Nations (as noted on the right side of the Flood) are extensions of the offspring of the Sons of God on the left side of the Flood. Notice that it is the Seed of Christ, the small Remnant, who struggles to meet Christ as they were/are surrounded by Abominations and Gentiles. But also note that all of humanity has been given the opportunity to know Christ, thus the two curving lines pointing inward to Christ.Map of the Bible.jpg

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Timeline? A Timeline!

Well, basically we could outline:

~4000BC, Adam & Eve
~2000BC, the Flood
~0AD, Jesus
~2000AD, Jesus Returns​

... but how boring is that when there's a FASCINATING Timeline in the Book of Psalms as proposed by the now deceased Co-Host of "Prophecy In The News", J.R. Church's book "Hidden Prophecies In The Psalms".

This premise starts with this 19th Book of the Bible being prophetic to the Jews for the 1900's; Chapter for year; -- such that Book 19, Chapter 48 = 1948 International Recognition of the State of Israel ; etc. And so the more a student understands history, the more the Chapters align such that Psalms 44 = Holocaust; Psalms 91 = Desert Storm; Psalms 109 = Obama; and so forth.

And it's wise to point out that the 1967 "Six Day War" is basically obscured by nearly a decade of persistent Palestinian attacks against Israel, including the 1972 Munich Olympics, various attacks in airports, etc.

Now I ask you, -- what more interesting, Ancient History or Modern History?
Bobby Jo :)