Anyone going to watch the Presidential debates?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Today the thing that is being discussed is how to stop all the talking over the other people and how Biden called the president various names like a kindergarter.

The actual facts of the discussion are being ignored.

But the fact that they had many very heated exchanges is what is most discussed.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We got plenty of guns lol

... and that's good, but Lke 22:36 says we START with a Purse to buy necessities, to put in a Bag so you'll have provisions, and finally a "sword".

So unless you've also takes care of #1 & 2, you might even consider selling excess #3 to attend to the First Priorities ...

Also make sure you're not in a major city (Rev. 18:4) and that you're upwind of any high value "targets". :)
Bobby Jo

Reactions: jshiii

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
...The fact that they had many very heated exchanges is what is most discussed.

Apparently everything started out smoothly until the second series of questions where it was Trump's turn to talk, and Biden interrupted. And once Biden was "discourteous", Trump gave equal "quarter".

Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So how did it go, who won the debate?
Who won, lol??

I would say it was a sequel to the movie Grumpy Old Men. I would title it Three Grumpy Old White Men.

I would change the format of the debate completely because it wasn't a true debate format. Not enough time was given to answer the questions, and NO time was allotted for rebuttals. Without rebuttals, it's not a true debate.

Reactions: Josho and Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not being facetious, if you exclude the left wing media and do a bit of research yourself, Trump was mostly telling the truth.

The only thing I don't believe from him in the debate is that he paid millions in taxes, and that was to uphold his image in light of possibly illegal tax return leaks. And if the leaks were false they are coercive, to compel him to set the record streight by releasing the returns he doesn't want to release. The democrats deserve to lose for all these underhanded tactics.

I believe Trump was already in the middle of an IRA audit during the 2016 election. -- which he apparently "passed". :)

Bobby Jo

Last edited:

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An honest man would keep his word and release his tax returns if he said he would release his tax returns. An honest man would want to vindicate himself and clear his good name if he is accused of any wrongdoing, whether it's related to his taxes or anything else in his life.

Donald Trump isn't acting like an honest man by his stubborn refusal to release his tax returns. On the contrary, he is behaving like a guilty man, who has some nefarious and felonious activities to hide that could indict him on federal charges and even send him to prison for tax fraud.

Donald Trump's Changing Positions On Releasing His Taxes

Everything Donald Trump Has Said About Releasing His Tax Returns

Trump on Releasing His Tax Returns: From ‘Absolutely’ to ‘Political Prosecution’

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who won, lol??

I would say it was a sequel to the movie Grumpy Old Men. I would title it Three Grumpy Old White Men.

I would change the format of the debate completely because it wasn't a true debate format. Not enough time was given to answer the questions, and NO time was allotted for rebuttals. Without rebuttals, it's not a true debate.

I was relieved to find out that the Debates Commission will be applying stricter rules for the next debates, such as a Mute button.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not being facetious, if you exclude the left wing media and do a bit of research yourself, Trump was mostly telling the truth.

The only thing I don't believe from him in the debate is that he paid millions in taxes, and that was to uphold his image in light of possibly illegal tax return leaks. And if the leaks were false they are coercive, to compel him to set the record streight by releasing the returns he doesn't want to release. The democrats deserve to lose for all these underhanded tactics.

the only thing I believe from Trump is his dog whistle to the Proud Boys and all white supremacy and his use of language to create chaos so that he would not have to answer questions. Seems obvious to me and most other people watching

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the only thing I believe from Trump is his dog whistle to the Proud Boys and all white supremacy and his use of language to create chaos so that he would not have to answer questions. Seems obvious to me and most other people watching

Clearly we were both watching totally different debates.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I've extensively researched the Proud Boys online and the organization isn't a white supremacy group. It wasn't founded as a white supremacy group, despite that some of its members have ties to white supremacy. Its founder, Gavin McInnes, left the group after it moved away from its original purpose and turned violent. It's wrong of the media and Trump's opponents to accuse the Proud Boys of being a white supremacy group.

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am hardly alone in this interpretation

Hardly- scarcely (used to qualify a statement is true to an insignificant degree.)

Yep, looks like you are correct after all according to this copy and pasted definition.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've extensively researched the Proud Boys online and the organization isn't a white supremacy group. It wasn't founded as a white supremacy group, despite that some of its members have ties to white supremacy. Its founder, Gavin McInnes, left the group after it moved away from its original purpose and turned violent. It's wrong of the media and Trump's opponents to accuse the Proud Boys of being a white supremacy group.

I realize that the group likes to publicly distance themselves from white supremacy groups, yet they were present in Charlottesville. However, let's say you are right - the Proud Boys are no longer connected to their past racism, does it matter? They are a violent group of men, who hate Islam and other groups, that Trump appeared to be speaking to in the debate. In fact, it was the closest he got to speaking directly to the camera. "Stand down and stand by" is what a commander says to his troops. This is beyond troubling.

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hardly- scarcely (used to qualify a statement is true to an insignificant degree.)

Yep, looks like you are correct after all according to this copy and pasted definition.

ok Karen

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize that the group likes to publicly distance themselves from white supremacy groups, yet they were present in Charlottesville. However, let's say you are right - the Proud Boys are no longer connected to their past racism, does it matter? They are a violent group of men, who hate Islam and other groups, that Trump appeared to be speaking to in the debate. In fact, it was the closest he got to speaking directly to the camera. "Stand down and stand by" is what a commander says to his troops. This is beyond troubling.

He has a habit of inciting violence. Yes, it is troubling for him to call on the Proud Boys like that. It reminds me of when he suggested the "Second Amendment People" could act against Hillary Clinton if she had won the 2016 presidential election. He made an obvious threat on her life.

Reactions: aspen
Status
Not open for further replies.