Anyone going to watch the Presidential debates?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
America USED to be a Republic. The 17th Amendment stripped the Senators from appointment by States, and made BOTH Houses of Congress democratically elected.

Now we're a DEMOCRACY.
Bobby Jo
As far as how we elect officials, yes. But we are still a nation of laws based on a constitution. For the time being, anyway. So, the U.S. is technically considered a constitutional republic.

A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

Source: Constitutional Republic - Conservapedia

Reactions: Grailhunter

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"One nation under God" wasn't included in the original version of the Pledge of Allegiance. It was added to the Pledge in 1954. I don't disapprove of its removal because (1) I don't recite the Pledge, (2) I don't believe America is a Christian nation just because Christians live here, and (3) I don't approve of God being invoked to promote a political stand or to promote and endorse Christianity within the federal government.

Last edited:

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as how we elect officials, yes. But we are still a nation of laws based on a constitution. For the time being, anyway.

Actually a "Republic" is when BOTH the Wealthy and the Poor have a voice in governing. Thus:

The foundation of this Roman Empire can be found in the structure of government -- the Senatus Populusque Romanus. This “Senate and the Roman People,” was comprised of the Consulate which had two consuls that served one year terms as co-chief executives; a Senate which had 300 members; and a Centuriate Assembly which provided representation for the commoners.[1]

[1] John B. Christopher and Robert Lee Wolf, A History of Civilization, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1967, p 100

Of course we still Pledge Allegiance "to the Republic for which it stands", -- but that's a convention, not a political reality! :)

With BEST Regards,
Bobby Jo

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In God We Trust" wasn't included in the original version of the Pledge of Allegiance. It was added to the Pledge in 1956. I don't disapprove of its removal because (1) I don't recite the Pledge of Allegiance, (2) I don't believe America is a Christian nation just because Christians live here, and (3) I don't approve of God's name being invoked to promote a political stand or promote and endorse Christianity within the federal government.
"In God We Trust" is our national motto.

The words "one nation under God" are in the Pledge. :)

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As far as how we elect officials, yes. But we are still a nation of laws based on a constitution. For the time being, anyway. So, the U.S. is technically considered a constitutional republic.

A Constitutional Republic is a state where the officials are elected as representatives of the people, and must govern according to existing constitutional law that limits the government's power over citizens.

Source: Constitutional Republic - Conservapedia

Maybe we're BOTH RIGHT? :rolleyes:

Bobby Jo

Reactions: Prayer Warrior

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually a "Republic" is when BOTH the Wealthy and the Poor have a voice in governing. Thus:

The foundation of this Roman Empire can be found in the structure of government -- the Senatus Populusque Romanus. This “Senate and the Roman People,” was comprised of the Consulate which had two consuls that served one year terms as co-chief executives; a Senate which had 300 members; and a Centuriate Assembly which provided representation for the commoners.[1]

[1] John B. Christopher and Robert Lee Wolf, A History of Civilization, Prentice-Hall, Englewood Cliffs, NJ, 1967, p 100

Of course we still Pledge Allegiance "to the Republic for which it stands", -- but that's a convention, not a political reality! :)

With BEST Regards,
Bobby Jo

I think you're being a tad cynical. It's true that our voices (as commoners) are heard less and less, but they can still be heard if we get off our duffs and contact our elected officials. I have seen this work in my lifetime.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you're being a tad cynical. It's true that our voices (as commoners) are heard less and less, but they can still be heard if we get off our duffs and contact our elected officials. I have seen this work in my lifetime.

No, quite the opposite. -- The Masses will vote themselves ALL KINDS OF BENEFITS which the NEXT generation must pay for. So without the Wealthy to reign in the Masses, this "democracy" is doomed. :)

Of course the wealthy don't allow the candidates the masses would choose and buy the ones THEY WANT (consider Biden & Harris). But either way, it's a corruption which ONLY the Return of Jesus can correct. :)

Bobby Jo

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Pledge of Allegiance has gone through a couple of changes since it was originally written.

So use the one we have, NOT the one which omits GOD. :)

... that is unless you don't like GOD, then use whatever version suits you, including "one nation under satan", if it makes you feel better.
Bobby Jo

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In God We Trust" wasn't included in the original version of the Pledge of Allegiance. It was added to the Pledge in 1956. I don't disapprove of its removal because (1) I don't recite the Pledge of Allegiance, (2) I don't believe America is a Christian nation just because Christians live here, and (3) I don't approve of God's name being invoked to promote a political stand or to promote and endorse Christianity within the government.
First off "God" is not God's name. Secondly, I would only expect a patriot to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, so don't. History, you might want to look. Our country was founded on the principles of Christianity. When you are looking at the wording of any of the early documents...be sure to know they were not considering voodoo, witchcraft, or Moslems or Hindus as religions. And there is no wording for freedom from religion, the difference between demonic and atheist was a thread. Early Americans were having issues with even the Catholics and Jews. They got over it, which is good. They were not thinking about religions that have human sacrifice as actual religions that have rights to practice in America.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm still undecided, to be honest. It's a toss-up for me between Biden and a Third Party candidate. I will not vote for Trump. I didn't vote for him or Hillary Clinton during the 2016 presidential election. I voted Third Party, which was unusual for me since I normally vote Republican.

well, normally voting third party is something everyone should consider. This year, I am doing everything I can to vote Trump out of office. Too risky to vote third party for me to consider.

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well, normally voting third party is something everyone should consider. This year, I am doing everything I can to vote Trump out of office. Too risky to vote third party for me to consider.

You've made a good point, aspen, and it's a valid point that I've been seriously thinking about too.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fine go for it! Lets hear it. The democrats don't want to talk about it either.

Why wouldn't Democrats want to talk about our country being a Republic? We are currently trying to vote out an authoritarian leader and would been dictator, in order to continue our representative form of government

Last edited:

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First off "God" is not God's name. Secondly, I would only expect a patriot to recite the Pledge of Allegiance, so don't. History, you might want to look. Our country was founded on the principles of Christianity. When you are looking at the wording of any of the early documents...be sure to know they were not considering voodoo, witchcraft, or Moslems or Hindus as religions. And there is no wording for freedom from religion, the difference between demonic and atheist was a thread. Early Americans were having issues with even the Catholics and Jews. They got over it, which is good. They were not thinking about religions that have human sacrifice as actual religions that have rights to practice in America.

I do not accept freemasonry as Christian

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kamala is one of the most pro-abortion senators ever! Shame on you!

You are a one issue voter, aren't you?

You must really trust the Republican Party to provide you with God's choice for President or any other office....

yet, I am called the 'big government' democrat

ha

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You've made a good point, aspen, and it's a valid point that I've been seriously thinking about too.

You will both stand before Almighty God and answer to Him if you vote for two people who have used their authority to keep the killing of babies legal. God help you!

Biden, Harris, and Abortions Late in Pregnancy

Harris has sponsored legislation, the “Women’s Health Protection Act,” that explicitly provides for legal abortion after viability when “the treating health care provider” thinks it necessary for the mother’s “health,” and that later adds that all terms in the law should be construed “liberally.” She has also sponsored separate legislation to provide federal funding for abortion, with no time limitation in the bill text; and to require state governments to pay for abortions, again with no time limitation in the bill text. During her presidential campaign, she said that she would require states to show the Justice Department that any changes in abortion policy they intended to make conformed to the Women’s Health Protection Act.

Biden, too, sponsored legislation while in the Senate to make abortion legal after viability when needed to protect “health,” with the text not specifying physical health.

Source:
Joe Biden & Kamala Harris Would Protect Abortion at Any Stage | National Review

Last edited:
Reactions: April_Rose

Seven of Nine

Sep 28, 2020
North Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not accept freemasonry as Christian

Alleged Christian men who wrote the Three-Fifths Compromise into the Constitution, owned slaves, forcibly removed Indigenous people from their lands, violated treaties, and denied women the right to vote. President Thomas Jefferson fathered several children with his slave, Sally Hemings.

Status
Not open for further replies.