anyone heard of this?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Books

Based on the links and my first post, He does come under discipline of the church to step down for serious sexual sin.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Publishers should deal with employees, contributors, advertisers, and vendors in a fair and open manner. In employment, racial, gender, disability or age discrimination and sexual harassment must not be permitted."

Based on these codes of ethics, the only thing Evangelists are not to do is sexual harassment. I guess they are allowed to have sex with anyone they want. lol

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Smith Wigglesworth (1859—1947) was a British preacher who was influential in the early Pentecostal movement. Wigglesworth, along with Charles Parham in the U.S., was one of the first preachers to espouse and practice the teachings of Pentecostalism, particularly faith healing and the gift of tongues as evidence of the baptism of the Holy Spirit. Fans of Wigglesworth call him the “Apostle of Faith.”Who was Smith Wigglesworth? | GotQuestions.org
As I said Wigglesworth was not a pastor.

• Love
Reactions: The Learner

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I said Wigglesworth was not a pastor.
preach·er
/ˈprēCHər/
noun
a person who preaches, especially a minister of religion.

What is the biblical definition of preacher?
A preacher is a Christian religious leader. On Sundays, preachers deliver sermons in churches. While it's possible to preach, or proclaim publicly, about non-religious topics, you're most likely to find the word preacher describing an evangelist Christian minister or pastor.https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/preacher#:~:text=A%20preacher%20is%20a%20Christian,evangelist%20Christian%20minister%20or%20pastor.

I was saying he was an evangelist and as such church discipline is higher for him, just like a pastor. No way out of it, brother, friend.

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
preach·er
/ˈprēCHər/
noun

A preacher is a Christian religious leader. On Sundays, preachers deliver sermons in churches. While it's possible to preach, or proclaim publicly, about non-religious topics, you're most likely to find the word preacher describing an evangelist Christian minister or pastor.https://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/preacher#:~:text=A%20preacher%20is%20a%20Christian,evangelist%20Christian%20minister%20or%20pastor.

I was saying he was an evangelist and as such church discipline is higher for him, just like a pastor. No way out of it, brother, friend.

I'm glad IXL learning has clarified that one for the ages. But there are differences in practice and I've little respect for secular definitions.

The way I understand it a pastor is like a shepherd who leads a flock. It is a hands on ministry.

The preacher role is more general and does not imply as much in terms of leadership of the congregation. You might say that all pastors are preachers but not all preachers are pastors.

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
preach·er
/ˈprēCHər/
noun

God did not appoint preachers. The ministries were apostles' prophets, evangelists' shepherds and teachers. If you want to draw a long bow, be my guest.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm glad IXL learning has clarified that one for the ages. But there are differences in practice and I've little respect for secular definitions.

The way I understand it a pastor is like a shepherd who leads a flock. It is a hands on ministry.

The preacher role is more general and does not imply as much in terms of leadership of the congregation. You might say that all pastors are preachers but not all preachers are pastors.
There is no such thing as a "secular definition", they are from English dictionaries that are used with the King James Bible. lol Nice try to avoid the truth friend.

"
On the CD:

Every original sermon produced (237)

Every original report of meetings, conventions, healings etc. (330)

All known correspondence (59) First-ever accurate timeline

Four complete books, two of sermons, a biography and a history of the New Zealand revival.

Bibliography of every book, video and tape ever made about Wigglesworth."

last I checked pastors give sermons.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ministering at many churches throughout Yorkshire, often at Bethesda Church at Swallownest (on the outskirts of Sheffield), Wigglesworth claimed to have made many prophecies. He also had an international ministry. He ministered in the U.S., Australia, New Zealand, South Africa, Sweden, the Pacific Islands, India, Ceylon, and several countries in Europe.[9] Some of his sermons were transcribed for Pentecostal magazines, and these were collected into two books: Ever Increasing Faith[10][11] and Faith that Prevails.[12]

He continued to minister until the time of his death on 12 March 1947.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The video clearly reveals that Smith Wigglesworth, Lester Sumrall and Michael Brown presumptuously uttered prophecies in God's name that did not come true.
While my answer might sound trite and pious, the sentiment is correct. The ONLY thing at issue is: did Wigglesworth make false predictions in God's name? If yes, as demonstrated by Steve Kozar (and many others I might add have shared their concerns) then the following applies: "

I do not have sound on my computer, others will need to let us know how accurate the video is.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
quoted in part,
"
After the situation became known to the leaders of the PMU, they demanded his resignation from the denomination, from ministry, and from public life. In a letter dated October 18, 1920, Wigglesworth repented, asked for mercy, and claimed that God had forgiven him. He also expresses dismay that the leaders failed to stand with him by saying of Cecil Polhill, the leader of the PMU, “I am afraid he is not the strong character I have believed him to be.” What was Polhill’s weak character to which Wigglesworth referred? Perhaps Polhill assumed a position of moral superiority and used his chain-of-command position to supersede a godly response and the respect due Wigglesworth as a fellow brother in Christ.

Two days later on October 20, 1920, Polhill responded to Wigglesworth’s “repentance”. Polhill wrote on behalf of the PMU leadership, “We do not think your statement (of repentance) I received this morning adequate” (underlined by Polhill). He continued, “In a few days I hope to send your draft of one we propose to ask you to sign. . . in any case you ought to send in your resignation to the P.M.U.” He continued, “In the event of your sending in your resignation to P.M.U., we should do our best to avoid any, in our judgment, unnecessary publicity.” Then, he used traditional church methods rather than biblical mandate by writing, “We think also that you should abstain for a prolonged season from participation in the Lord’s public work; and seek to retrieve your position before God and man, by a fairly long period of godly quiet living, so showing works meet for repentance” (underlined by Polhill)."

S.W. attacking the character tells me he was very cultic as many are today.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"The PMU demands gave Wigglesworth opportunity to demonstrate his tenacity under fire and his faithfulness to God’s call on his life. Smith Wigglesworth resigned from the PMU, had the strength to keep Polhill from hindering his ministry by disregarding the church’s attempt to discipline and/or restore him, went to the train station to go to his next meeting, and continued doing what God asked him to do. From that time to this day, he is lauded as a pillar of godly strength." Smith Wigglesworth: Disqualified? – The Pastor's Pen

W.S. failure to submit to PMU tells me he was not doing God's will and was not restored.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In 1915 Smith was invited to join the council of the Pentecostal Missionary Union (PMU). At his yearly convention in his church in Bradford he raised large amounts of money for the PMU missionaries and for the Congo Evangelistic Mission (CEM), run by W.F.P. Burton. When he travelled ministering in churches and conventions he always insisted on taking up a missionary offering as a priority. He kept enough money for his own expenses and then poured everything else back into foreign missions so the gospel could be carried to those in other countries who had never heard of Christ. In the year 1920 alone, he raised £2,150 for missions and he sent £1,400 of this to the PMU, which was over a third of their income that year."

The bold tells me he was in fact under the authority of the PMU. His disobedance was clearly contray to God's will.

The Learner

Aug 21, 2022
Brighton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God did not appoint preachers. The ministries were apostles' prophets, evangelists' shepherds and teachers. If you want to draw a long bow, be my guest.

They go hand and hand and are all under the authority of their churches.

being kicked off google authority of the church in the bible
"In themselves, Cyprian's words reflect a key biblical truth: the Apostles would never have affirmed the Christian professions of those who do not subject themselves to the church. The Apostles had no illusions of ecclesiastical infallibility. They knew church leaders can and do err (Matt. 7:1–5; Acts 15:36–41; Gal. 2:11–14; James 3:1). Nevertheless, the Apostles teach that the church is the "pillar and buttress of the truth" when it acts according to God's Word (1 Tim. 3:15; 2 Tim. 3:16–17). Church decisions have divine authority when they are faithful to the Apostolic and prophetic revelation of Scripture."

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All sickness is proof of the presence of the devil. This leaves no room for God’s purposes in suffering
I think there’s something wrong in this. Or…at least not fully understood. The point being, did GOD cause the whirlwind that collapsed the houses of Jobs children to kill them? No. Read it. He gave permission to satan to do it.

And did GOD attack Jobs very own health? No. God gave satan permission to do it.
Satan replied to the Lord, “Skin for skin! A man will give up everything he has to save his life. 5 But reach out and take away his health, and he will surely curse you to your face!”
6 “All right, do with him as you please,” the Lord said to Satan. “But spare his life.” 7 So Satan left the Lord’s presence, and he struck Job with terrible boils from head to foot.

Does the fact that Satan caused the sickness leave no room for Gods purposes in suffering as you were thinking? How so if God works ALL THINGS for the good of those who are called by Him and love Him?

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

They go hand and hand and are all under the authority of their churches.

being kicked off google authority of the church in the bible
"In themselves, Cyprian's words reflect a key biblical truth: the Apostles would never have affirmed the Christian professions of those who do not subject themselves to the church. The Apostles had no illusions of ecclesiastical infallibility. They knew church leaders can and do err (Matt. 7:1–5; Acts 15:36–41; Gal. 2:11–14; James 3:1). Nevertheless, the Apostles teach that the church is the "pillar and buttress of the truth" when it acts according to God's Word (1 Tim. 3:15; 2 Tim. 3:16–17). Church decisions have divine authority when they are faithful to the Apostolic and prophetic revelation of Scripture."

marksman

Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

No where in scripture does a shepherd lead a flock, The scripture is clear. Leadership is the role of apostles, prophets and Elders. Not once does it mention shepherds.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who claim to be sinless are some of the worst sinners!

Scott Downey

Dec 19, 2021
New Brunswick
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
That is false, God appointed Paul as a preacher

2 timothy 1
8 Therefore do not be ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me His prisoner, but share with me in the sufferings for the gospel according to the power of God, 9 who has saved us and called us with a holy calling, not according to our works, but according to His own purpose and grace which was given to us in Christ Jesus before time began, 10 but has now been revealed by the appearing of our Savior Jesus Christ, who has abolished death and brought life and immortality to light through the gospel, 11 to which I was appointed a preacher, an apostle, and a teacher [c]of the Gentiles.

1 Timothy 2:6-8​

6 who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time, 7 for which I was appointed a preacher and an apostle—I am speaking the truth [a]in Christ and not lying—a teacher of the Gentiles in faith and truth.​