Apostolicity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Apostles raised the dead did they not?

They wrote down their traditions did they not?

You first ignore the tradition because the power isn't there to raise the dead...then you say you obey the bible?

D

Dave L

You are being very selective here. Do you follow the 1 Cor.14 tradition in church meetings...or not.
My preferred meeting is in NT house church fashion, brought into line with the post apostolic era.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm just saying we no longer have the apostolic signs and wonders that confirmed apostleship. They no longer exist. But they remain with us in their writings.

You are the one that defended a lack of apostolicity in our practice in the first place....using your type of circular reasoning.

So then we have to start at the OP again... in a circle.

What makes something apostolic?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Mystic statement.

Guru on the mountain top.

Jesus is not like a guru. Jesus commands us to raise the dead. (Of course not the fable of Jesus you espouse....but the real Jesus)

To you the real Jesus is too hard to comprehend. Too miraculous. Too fantastic. So you limit your Jesus to your own imagination.

You can do nothing...so you don't. But you criticize those who have faith in Jesus. You are just a troll here.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm just saying we no longer have the apostolic signs and wonders that confirmed apostleship. They no longer exist. But they remain with us in their writings.
Gosh. How much of what God offers us you are going to miss with that attitude. Because those things will likely never be known to you. The Bible DOES say we have to believe in order to receive.

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy