Apostolicity

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Practically speaking...how do you recognize and act upon Christ being the "head" in an assembly? No leadership? Allowing the Spirit to lead? How?

Not sure what you are wanting to be said here? Are you an apostle with the signs of an apostle? 2 Corinthians 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Not sure what you are wanting to be said here? Are you an apostle with the signs of an apostle? 2 Corinthians 12:12 Truly the signs of an apostle were wrought among you in all patience, in signs, and wonders, and mighty deeds.
Episkopos would have to be a miracle worker to fulfil this. In any event there are only TWELVE apostles of the Lamb, and their names will be engraved in the twelve foundations of the New Jerusalem.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes something "apostolic?"

Catholics believe their church is such based on a bizarre reference to "succession." (As if there was a family kingship being passed down)

Others believe it means the "headship of Christ"....whatever that means in practical terms.

But mostly people are unconcerned about how apostolic their doctrine and practice is....as long as it is somewhat biblical

What say you?

Do you espouse apostolic doctrine? Engage in apostolic fellowship?

I think it means different things in the North and South. In the South, Apostolic was very similar to Assembly of God doctrine. Up North, it is close to Mennonite or Amish. They wear coverings on their heads, and would never pray in tongues or anything like that. So Id need to research what definition it is. I would say I have Christian doctrine most closely related to Independent Baptist.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have always believed that an Apostle is one anointed to build and establish churches as the went from place to place preaching . They set in leadership , elders ,to tend and keep...and then circled round those churches teaching and establishing them to maturity.

That what Paul and the others did. A traveling preacher is just that...but an apostle started, settled, built , and then moved on and did it again . He was the overseerer of all the churches that he had “birthed”. That’s way he traveled and visited so much to visit them all regularly.

My belief.

Reactions: marks

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What makes something "apostolic?"

Catholics believe their church is such based on a bizarre reference to "succession." (As if there was a family kingship being passed down)

Others believe it means the "headship of Christ"....whatever that means in practical terms.

But mostly people are unconcerned about how apostolic their doctrine and practice is....as long as it is somewhat biblical

What say you?

Do you espouse apostolic doctrine? Engage in apostolic fellowship?

Means nothing, just a name

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
There are no apostles since John died. The "gifts" they distributed through their hands ceased with them.
just bc you do not witness any of those gifts does not mean they have ceased Dave.
Pluck your right eye out and they become crystal clear ok.
the gifts maybe ceased with you, but they have not ceased at all, honest
It pleases God to give good gifts to His children

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
If you had any tangible proof for the Apostolic age existing today, I would believe you.
I mean listen to yourself now Dave, asking for proof and facts that you can see with your two eyes bro. Cmon. First you could maybe phrase this so that you are not the subject, and we could maybe discuss the concept on an impersonal level ok, I mean otherwise your head is coming off again bro

D

Dave L

just bc you do not witness any of those gifts does not mean they have ceased Dave.
Pluck your right eye out and they become crystal clear ok.
the gifts maybe ceased with you, but they have not ceased at all, honest
It pleases God to give good gifts to His children
Go raise a few dead folks and then start chirping, Byrd.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Go raise a few dead folks and then start chirping, Byrd.
well Dave you would be looking for literal dead people to start breathing again, right
when that is not what the passage is referring to at all I guess, the Spiritual Dead are plainly delineated elsewhere in the Book

Reactions: amadeus
D

Dave L

well Dave you would be looking for literal dead people to start breathing again, right
when that is not what the passage is referring to at all I guess, the Spiritual Dead are plainly delineated elsewhere in the Book
So you agree the Apostolic age is long gone?

Reactions: soul man

soul man

Jan 6, 2018
Fletcher
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you agree the Apostolic age is long gone?

You know the offices and gifts are for the children and their growth. Why would any spiritual mature being bring themselves down to a lower level (when they are literal bithed sons of God, and know it). Worldly earth living is for the growing babes, the immature.
The mind of the spiritual is seated in Christ, their understanding has nothing to do with earth living.

Reactions: Dave L