Apparitions of the Virgin Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not an accurate and nor productive thing to say.

My response was intentionally rhetorical to make a point. And that point is, you believe that Mary was just a common sinner. I believe that's an EXTREME and, frankly, absurd belief.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My response was intentionally rhetorical to make a point. And that point is, you believe that Mary was just a common sinner. I believe that's an EXTREME and, frankly, absurd belief.
@K9Buck You're talking about comments I made. Are you going to keep talking around me because I said that one of your comments was stupid because it was so offensive? Plus, you're STILL ignoring the fact that I said that Mary was blessed among women and that I admire her greatly!

Why are you choosing to ignore what I have said to you and then say that I said things I didn't say? I don't understand. Do you love the truth or not?

BTW, just because I said your comment was stupid, I don't believe that YOU are stupid. To the contrary, I believe that you are smart, but misguided.

Last edited:
Reactions: marks

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are betting a lot on the premise that you are right. Considering the fact that your religion is only based on the first 65 years of Christian history. A lot to learn....you do not want to damn yourself when you are just starting out. In the end you will get to tell Christ Himself that His mother was not righteous.

Mary is just as “ Righteous” as God Himself. So am I. So are you, if you have done the Will Of God. God's Will is to “ Believe in the One who He Sent”..... “Turn to God ( repent) with Faith in Jesus Christ” and God Promises to “ Save you to the Uttermost.”
Jesus got my sins, and in turn, I got his Perfection.An “ imputed” perfection . An “ imputed” Righteousness. Just like Abraham . “ Abraham BELIEVED God and God counted it as “ Righteousness”.... The “ imputed Righteousness “ from her Son got Mary into Heaven ....and it will get “ me” there too ! How about you ? God Bless.....

Last edited:

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being deliberately offensive doesn’t bring people to God.

How about instead taking the time to understand another person’s perspective?

I for one: believe that Mary was a very righteous person, and an important tool in Gods masterful plan. She should be honored and respected, along with all other righteous disciples of God. I do object to things like shrines though - those should be focused solely on God alone.

That is not an attack, or any degradation to her.

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Being deliberately offensive doesn’t bring people to God.

How about instead taking the time to understand another person’s perspective?

I for one: believe that Mary was a very righteous person, and an important tool in Gods masterful plan. She should be honored and respected, along with all other righteous disciples of God. I do object to things like shrines though - those should be focused solely on God alone.

That is not an attack, or any degradation to her.

Stating that Mary was a sinner is about as offensive as it gets. It might even be heresy. Who are YOU to proclaim her a sinner?

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stating that Mary was a sinner is about as offensive as it gets. It might even be heresy. Who are YOU to proclaim her a sinner?

Saying that Mary was “ NOT” a Sinner is more offensive than you realize..... You are calling God a Liar....” If we say we have no Sin, we call God a Liar....”——- “ ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory Of God”
Mary knows this and proclaims loudly as every other Saved person does—— “ NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD of JESUS !!!”.........
Boy! I am Eternally Grateful that I do not find myself on the Wrong Side Of “ That” argument.... Don’t worry yourself about Mary’s Standing—— Worry about whether or not you Added to “ NOTHING but the Blood”......If you think that the Blood Of Jesus was “Essential” for your Salvation , but not by itself, “ Adequate” for your Salvation,( you need to ADD to it by Repenting Of all of your sins or you must keep the commandments to prove you Love Jesus ) you “ Fell From Grace” during your Earthly existence and you’d better pray to High Heaven that that description of your condition before God does not mean you are Damned. Many think that is EXACTLY what that means......Pray to God that He show you how to REST in the Gospel as He Commanded you to in Hebrews 3 and 4.......lest He declare you in a State Of “ Disobedience and UNbelief”....... Very Serious stuff.....wonder why we never got taught any of that in “ church” ......oh well, you got it now—- a wise man or woman would forget about “ Mary” and tend to those things that might determine Heaven or Hell .....are you “Trying” to be Saved or “ Trusting” ( another word for Resting) to be Saved......Settle That with God Before it is too late....and dont waste your time praying to Mary.....all you do is Sadden her because of your UnBiblical Ignorance......

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saying that Mary was “ NOT” a Sinner is more offensive than you realize..... You are calling God a Liar....” If we say we have no Sin, we call God a Liar....”——- “ ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory Of God”
Mary knows this and proclaims loudly as every other Saved person does—— “ NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD of JESUS !!!”.........
Boy! I am Eternally Grateful that I do not find myself on the Wrong Side Of “ That” argument.... Don’t worry yourself about Mary’s Standing—— Worry about whether or not you Added to “ NOTHING but the Blood”......If you think that the Blood Of Jesus was “Essential” for your Salvation , but not by itself, “ Adequate” for your Salvation,( you need to ADD to it by Repenting Of all of your sins or you must keep the commandments to prove you Love Jesus ) you “ Fell From Grace” during your Earthly existence and you’d better pray to High Heaven that that description of your condition before God does not mean you are Damned. Many think that is EXACTLY what that means......Pray to God that He show you how to REST in the Gospel as He Commanded you to in Hebrews 3 and 4.......lest He declare you in a State Of “ Disobedience and UNbelief”....... Very Serious stuff.....wonder why we never got taught any of that in “ church” ......oh well, you got it now—- a wise man or woman would forget about “ Mary” and tend to those things that might determine Heaven or Hell .....are you “Trying” to be Saved or “ Trusting” ( another word for Resting) to be Saved......Settle That with God Before it is too late....and dont waste your time praying to Mary.....all you do is Sadden her because of your UnBiblical Ignorance......

What a hateful bigot you are. Off to "ignore" for you too.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a hateful bigot you are. Off to "ignore" for you too.
I believe that your behavior is childish and cowardly--to say offensive things to people and about people and then call them derogatory names and place them on ignore when they reply in a way that you don't like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jane_Doe22

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It has been reported that Atheist and non-Catholic Christians witnessed the Miracle of the Sun at Fatima. Did the Catholic Church trick them also?

Curious
Reported by whom?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Reported by whom?
From what I understand, there were many eyewitness reports. You can find info on the Internet. Personally, I don't know what to make of the apparitions, so I usually stay out of these debates.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's a fair point. Is it possible that Mary was the single exception? Or are we to take it literally that everyone, including Mary, sinned? It's disappointing to me to see other Christians condemn Mary as a "sinner" when it's not absolutely clear that she was.

You know what they say about assumptions. LOL

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
From what I understand, there were many eyewitness reports. You can find info on the Internet. Personally, I don't know what to make of the apparitions, so I usually stay out of these debates.
If you don't know who "they" is, then it is likely fake news.

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Should Mary be in Hell?

No.....she had Faith.....She was a Believer .....NON Believers are the only ones who are in Hell or SHOULD be there.....that is how God Set it up..... that’s how He wants it....God can handle Sin.....His Son Paid for all the sins of Mankind and He deals with it by Forgetting them.....” Unbelief” is another matter—- it angers God so much He will send one to Hell for it.....got any more Silly questions meant to trip up the “ Bible-Ignorant ?”....... I am a lot of things—-mostly bad—— but I am not ignorant about God’s Word.....I invite you to find that out the hard way......others have.

Last edited:

BloodBought 1953

Jun 3, 2020
Portsmouth Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The oldest child that saw Mary in Fatima became a Nun. Are you suggesting that Satan deceived those children into serving God?

You think all Nuns are Saved? They are mostly Trusting in their Performance ,and therefore they ADD to Paul’s Gospel .....they are “ Fallen From Grace”——- some think that is the equivalent of being damned.....I am not quite so sure .....I hope not.....IF that’s the way God wants it.....
Nuns are no different than anybody else.....if they REST in Pauls Gospel they are Saved.....if they are not REsTING in the Finished Work Of The Cross, they are WORKING in at least one way, shape, or form.God won’t have it—— He calls them “ Disobedient and Unbelievers”...... not a tag you want come Judgement Day.....It really is just as the song says—- “ Nothing But The Blood”.....