Apparitions of the Virgin Mary

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What do you mean that God "sanctified"?
He chose her, set her apart, for holy use. Practically, she was as pure as a human could be, ie a virgin and obedient, but Also her soul ‘magnified’ Him. He was her all in all...if mary could intercede for sinners, why did Christ need to come?

Reactions: marks

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are two major issues with this entire thread.
First, most Protestants cannot effectively argue against Mary's supposed mediatorial because like Catholics, they believe the "soul" goes immediately to heaven thus disregarding the need to wait for the resurrection. Praying to the dead, even though it is believed such dead are in heaven, is occult.

All souls Went to Hell, Before Jesus arrived on Earth.

Hell- is the Center of the Earth.
Hell- Had a Division, Jesus revealed in Luke 16.
Jesus is First in All things. Col 1:17
Jesus- Body killed, buried in a Cave.
Jesus Soul departed his Body, went to Hell.
Jesus Soul left Hell, Returned to his Body.
* Once Jesus soul, Returned to Heaven...
* All Saved souls could THEN depart Hell and go to Heaven.
* All Saved souls of Physically dying Bodies IN Christ, thereafter (after Jesus' return to Heaven), also Go to Heaven.
* Souls remaining IN Hell, and Going daily to Hell, are unsaved Living souls Departed out of Faithless, Dead men's bodies.
* Saved Living souls of Faithful dead men's bodies, skip Hell, and go directly to Heaven...
BECAUSE- That was Clearly accomplished BY Jesus First.

Men praying TO saints in Heaven...is NOT ever taught in Scripture. NOT for intercession or otherwise.
It is a man's MADE-UP doctrine.

What shall become of Living Souls IN hell,
IS clearly revealed IN Scripture.
They SHALL be Judged and Sentenced According TO their WORKS, as Recorded in Gods Books "Of EVIDENCE".

Never are Living Souls IN Hell, Judged, By a Living man, praying To a Saint in Heaven, pleading, for that saint, to request God, to "undermine" His Own Word, and save a Living Soul in Hell, that that Very Living soul, AND the Body it occupied....both the body and soul Rejected The Lord God!
Another man made fantasy ... men Teach, but Scripture doesn't.

Glory to God,
Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every human being is a sinner. Romans 5:12...

However:
Some men's Sins:
* Are Forgiven BY the Lord God...
* Are Forgotten By the Lord God...
* Men ARE Kept from ever Sinning Again, By the Power of God.

And:
Other men Remain ACTIVE Sinners,
* Are without Forgiveness,
* Their Sin Remembered By the Lord God,
* Are without the Power of God, in the man To Keep from committing Sin Against The Lord God.

Glory to God,
Taken

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He chose her, set her apart, for holy use. Practically, she was as pure as a human could be, ie a virgin and obedient, but Also her soul ‘magnified’ Him. He was her all in all...if mary could intercede for sinners, why did Christ need to come?

I don't know. Maybe because nobody would have followed a woman???

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Is it possible that God made her perfect and blessed her so in order that she could remain free of sin?

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As shared earlier, this Harvard atheist says that Jesus showed himself and that Mary did too. He also says that he met a preacher who considered Mary a sinner and, upon hearing that, knew that he and those like him should be ignored, sort of like I'm doing. Amazing!

I don't mean to put down this man's testimony by what I'm about to say. It appears that God miraculously saved him. Praise God for this!

The man contradicts himself. He said that Mary told him that she is only a "creature," but he sees her as more than that.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know. Maybe because nobody would have followed a woman???
I disagree that people have not been willing to follow women or women figures. The pagans of Bible times worshiped goddesses. The Jews of Old Testament times revered a woman judge, Deborah. Their have been females throughout history that people see as prophetesses, like Ellen White (Seventh-Day Adventists).

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We must never ask the deceased to pray or intercede for us. Deuteronomy 18:11

I would be extremely sceptical of any apparition, ie angels, mary, saints etc. Even if they were a beautiful ‘angel of light’...”be not deceived”
The next thing Christians should be looking for is Jesus, Who did die, then arose.
Hi,

Deuteronomy 18:11 does not say that we must never ask the deceased to pray or intercede for us. If you are talking about necromancy then Jesus is guilty of it also when he spoke to Elijah and Moses. Didn’t he say we will do greater things than He in John 14:12? Are we not called to be like Christ? Who lifted up our prayers to God in incense? How did they know our prayers?

The Church takes the same “extremely sceptical” (sic) approach you do when it comes to apparitions. They is why their investigations take years before they approve any of them!

Bible Study Mary

Reactions: historyb and K9Buck

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can intercede for sinners. It’s called praying!

Reactions: K9Buck

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi,

Deuteronomy 18:11 does not say that we must never ask the deceased to pray or intercede for us. If you are talking about necromancy then Jesus is guilty of it also when he spoke to Elijah and Moses. Didn’t he say we will do greater things than He in John 14:12? Are we not called to be like Christ? Who lifted up our prayers to God in incense? How did they know our prayers?

The Church takes the same “extremely sceptical” (sic) approach you do when it comes to apparitions. They is why their investigations take years before they approve any of them!

Bible Study Mary

Hi, MaryMog, asking someone to intercede for us and praying directly TO a person (apart from Jesus, who is God) are two different things. We can certainly ask those who are living to pray/intercede for us, but I don't believe that we are to consult with deceased people. I don't see the apostles praying to humans or asking those who are deceased to pray for them. They certainly never pray TO humans, and they are our example, are they not?

Jesus was not asking deceased people to pray for Him when He appeared with Moses and Elijah at the "Transfiguration." I believe that He was in heaven with them having a conversation while standing on the mountain to illustrate that the two realms (heaven and earth) are parallel, so to speak. I'm sure that my belief is very controversial to some, but whatever. Now, they can go after me instead of you. :)

Last edited:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Poor Mary.....she referred to her Son as her Savior.....she had sense enough to know that she was a Sinner who needed a Savior......” ALL have sinned and come short of the Glory Of God” ...... “ There is NO ONE who is righteous— NO ! NOT ONE !”
I would bet good money that the “Real” Mary who is Heaven today worshipping her Son, Jesus ,just like everybody else, is embarrassed by all this “ Mary Worship” Hog-Wash......why not give her a well-deserved Break?
Hi Blood Bought,

I thought you were an OSAS believer? Grace covers our sins adherent?

Curious Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, MaryMog, asking someone to intercede for us and praying directly TO a person are two different things. We can certainly ask those who are living to pray/intercede for us, but I don't believe that we are to consult with deceased people. I don't see the apostles praying to humans or asking those who are deceased to pray for them. They certainly never pray TO humans, and they are our example, are they not?

Jesus was not asking deceased people to pray for Him when He appeared with Moses and Elijah at the "Transfiguration." I believe that He was in heaven with them having a conversation while standing on the mountain to illustrate that the two realms (heaven and earth) are parallel, so to speak. I'm sure that my belief is very controversial to some, but whatever. Now, they can go after me instead of you. :)
Thank you PW,

LOL....Thank you for taking that bullet. You are brave. I hope nobody goes after you for being honest.

The point about Jesus, Elijah and Moses is that he was communicating with dead people. If Scripture prohibits it then Jesus violated Scripture.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I can pray that sinners will be delivered from sin, as long as I’m alive :)
Sooooo once the flesh has died you can no longer pray? Where does it say that in Scripture?

Curious Mary

2 Chr. 34:19

Jun 20, 2020
Chester ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you PW,

LOL....Thank you for taking that bullet. You are brave. I hope nobody goes after you for being honest.

The point about Jesus, Elijah and Moses is that he was communicating with dead people. If Scripture prohibits it then Jesus violated Scripture.
They left the earth without any evidence of dying.

2 Kings 2 tells us that Elijah was taken to heaven without dying. Verse 11, specifically, says he was caught in a heavenly whirlwind and taken to heaven in sight of Elisha, his successor.

Moses, on the other hand, reportedly died in the wilderness before the Israelite people entered into the Promised Land. his death, as recorded in Deuteronomy 34:5, 6, reveals something extraordinary. The Bible says that God Himself buried Moses, and that none of the Israelites were ever aware of his gravesite. This is the first biblical hint that something special awaited Moses after death.

P.S. both prophets fasted for forty days and nights too

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi, MaryMog, asking someone to intercede for us and praying directly TO a person are two different things. We can certainly ask those who are living to pray/intercede for us, but I don't believe that we are to consult with deceased people. I don't see the apostles praying to humans or asking those who are deceased to pray for them. They certainly never pray TO humans, and they are our example, are they not?

Hi PW,

I agree and The Church agrees with you. We can certainly ask those who are living to pray/intercede for us. We are also not to consult with the dead. To consult with the dead is necromancy and that is forbidden by The Church.

Yes, the Apostles are our example. I do not know of any passage where the Apostles prayed to a human except the human Jesus. The Church does not condone praying TO humans and if I left you with that impression I apologize.

Mary

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once the flesh has died, it’s too late for me to pray for them
Deut. 18
Perhaps I wasn’t clear. I apologize.

Once you have died and (hopefully) your soul goes to heaven YOU (your soul) can no longer pray?

Mary