Are all sins forgiven, adultery or witchcraft or alcoholism or homosexuality?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tomorrow

Aug 14, 2023
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day."
John 6:44

2 Tim 1:9

"Who saved us and called us to a holy calling, not because of our works but because of his own purpose and grace, which he gave us in Christ Jesus before the ages began,"

Matthew 22:14

"For many are called, but few are chosen.”

And one might ask then, what of "free will"...nother can of worms.

Welcome to the site @Tomorrow
We hope you will enjoy your time here.
Lot of different ideas of how to "interpret scripture" of course, lol. But that is what happens when iron clashes (Iron sharpens iron) :)

Lot's of wonderful hearts here. And as it is still, the tares and the wheat must grow together!
I agree. Applause for we the wheat.:D

Thanks for welcoming me to. I'm glad I found you all .

God is great.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The most difficult question for me is whether God forgives every sin of a person or is there something unforgivable?

All our sin is forgiven like this.. = ."Jesus is the ONE TIME .... Eternal ... Sacrifice for sin"..

How?

= "God has made Jesus......to be SIN...for us"..

Jesus is our sin bearer..

Now, @Fancy2020 ... lets say you wanted to teach a 9 yr old "justification by faith"... or "the righteousness of God in Christ".

So, that is "christianese"... its Bible Lingo... Its how the word of God, explains Salvation...
Its Theology.
And if you are a student of the bible and are use to all the Bible NT "language",, even found in so called "easy to read" versions... then that is good,,........... but most are just sort of "what does that mean".... when they try to read the NT,

"sounds confusing"..

So, Lets say you want to teach a group of 9 yr olds how to understand God's forgiveness.

Its very simple.

Tell them...>"its a swap".

See....They know that you can swap a marble for a cookie. Or a pencil for an eraser.
They understand what it means to make a SWAP..
"You give this, and you get that"..

So, the Cross of Christ, is where God Swaps eternal forgiveness for our life of sin.

Its actually a "GIFT of Salvation" but a 9 yr old needs to hear "swap", as they can understand it.

The Cross of Christ.... is where Jesus's blood and death is swapped for all our sin*, (*The GIFT of Salvation)>.. which causes us to become "made righteous" forever.

Its really that simple.

We ALL came to God as a lifetime sinner,,...... and Jesus on the Cross... took that lifetime of sin upon Himself ("God hath made Jesus to be sin for us all")..., and Jesus DIED for it all..... and God said...>"ok, thats the full payment for all your sin"...
Jesus paid the price for it ALL, with His Blood and Death, and He rose again from the dead.. to prove its TRUE.

God says..I have JUDGED MY SON to DEATH.... for All your SIN... all of it, and now you are "made righteous", forever.... as that is what you become when Jesus has all your sin.

Isn't that an amazing swap?
Any 9yr old will tell you that it is certainly some Amazing Grace...

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hell is only for those who have never been born again.
By "Tomorrow": ---------> Where does God say that in his word?
-----------------------------------------

Come on now!
Jesus said that the only way to be saved is to be born again.
If you did not hear this preached, look for another fellowship.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
By "Tomorrow": ---------> Where does God say that in his word?
-----------------------------------------
Come on now!
Jesus said that the only way to be saved is to be born again.
If you did not hear this preached, look for another fellowship.

John 14:6

Also, Death leads to Eternity, and in Eternity, you have Heaven and you have Hell + a bit more.

If you are born again on earth, you are now a Citizen of Heaven, and if you are never born again on earth, there is only one other place to go after you die.
Also, you can't be born again in Hell.

One of the sad situations, is.. that everyone who is in Hell, now believes that Jesus is real.
And they also now know for certain that Hell is real.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The most difficult question for me is whether God forgives every sin of a person or is there something unforgivable?
1 john 1:9

Matthew 12:31-

King James Version

31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. rejecting Jesus Christ never born again is blasphemy

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes. but no true christain would justify and support such sins . Sure we all did great evil and etc in our life .
But one day REAL and TRUE GRACE appeared . now do take note cause i honestly do not think many have EVER
experienced the true grace of GOD which would have drawn them TO HIS CHRIST .
Now before you think i am mr speedy judgy gonzales , I TOO used to lip JESUS name and yet , oh dear i say and yet ,
i knew not HIM , NOR THE GRACE OF GOD Which later DREW ME TO HIM .
I Knew only some knowledge , i could quoate that gospel but i did not know THE AUTHOR OF SAID GOSPEL .
Lambs dont justify sins and holler my body my right . lambs dont hold high rainbow flags and say GOD IS LOVE HE MADE ME THIS WAY
thems DECEIVED FOLKS who simply love another god and another jesus that FEEDS THEIR OWN LUSTFUL hearts .
AND BOY i should know , I WAS ONCE KING OF THEM ALL . but THEN , OH BUT THEN the GRACE OF GOD DID APPEAR
which CHANGES the heart , which really draws one to JESUS CHRIST . OH IT IS A BEAUTY I must admit .
THE ONLY GOODNESS i have cometh of GOD , oh but what a treasure HIS SPIRIT IS indeed . TIME FOLKS GOT INTO BIBLES
and DONT BE HEEDING THESE LOVEY DO false love creatures who seem more concerned with FILLING PEWS
and an agenda . JUST saying is all .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

keltzkroz

Dec 15, 2023
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why did Jesus go to the cross. Is someone doomed to hell, if they sin. If someone did drugs or abused alcohol, and convert to christianity and repentance of sins to God, will they find forgiveness. Romans 6:20. For when ye were the servant of sin, ye were free from righteousness. 6:21. What fruit had ye then in those things where of ye are now ashamed? For the end of those things is death. 6:22. But now being made free from sin, and become servants of God, ye have your fruit unto holiness, and the end of everlasting life. I'm not judging anyone. This forum is new converts. Faith is essential. Followed by obedience and repentance of sins to God. Some churches put people on guilt trip. Saying they committed the unpardonable sin. That's a disgrace. They even make second class citizens out of divorce people. Can a homosexuals find eternal life. I hope so. Did Jesus waste his life dying on cross??. If their willing to repent and convert to christianity. Someone who shop lifted, and stole much from stores. Did prison time. Is this person excluded from kingdom of God? What's the difference between habitual sinners and just sinners. Will the habitual sinners repent and conform to God's standard? If they refuse to repent, won't obey God, will the reprobates be in paradise?.
My God my God fill up all their churches with Christians like this one.

:joyful: :joyful: :joyful: :joyful: :joyful: :joyful: :joyful:

Reactions: strepho

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
yes. but no true christain would justify and support such sins . Sure we all did great evil and etc in our life .
But one day REAL and TRUE GRACE appeared . now do take note cause i honestly do not think many have EVER
experienced the true grace of GOD which would have drawn them TO HIS CHRIST .
Now before you think i am mr speedy judgy gonzales , I TOO used to lip JESUS name and yet , oh dear i say and yet ,
i knew not HIM , NOR THE GRACE OF GOD Which later DREW ME TO HIM .
I Knew only some knowledge , i could quoate that gospel but i did not know THE AUTHOR OF SAID GOSPEL .
Lambs dont justify sins and holler my body my right . lambs dont hold high rainbow flags and say GOD IS LOVE HE MADE ME THIS WAY
thems DECEIVED FOLKS who simply love another god and another jesus that FEEDS THEIR OWN LUSTFUL hearts .
AND BOY i should know , I WAS ONCE KING OF THEM ALL . but THEN , OH BUT THEN the GRACE OF GOD DID APPEAR
which CHANGES the heart , which really draws one to JESUS CHRIST . OH IT IS A BEAUTY I must admit .
THE ONLY GOODNESS i have cometh of GOD , oh but what a treasure HIS SPIRIT IS indeed . TIME FOLKS GOT INTO BIBLES
and DONT BE HEEDING THESE LOVEY DO false love creatures who seem more concerned with FILLING PEWS
and an agenda . JUST saying is all .
which sin is greater the sin of omission or commission

lambs dont hold high rainbow flags and say GOD IS LOVE HE MADE ME THIS WAY

nope that is a tare

Reactions: amigo de christo

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please explain what you mean by omission or commission so as i can respond correctly .

In case anyone was wondering what "sins of omission" might look like:

42 For I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ (Matthew 25:42-45, not one of my favorite scriptures)

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
please explain what you mean by omission or commission so as i can respond correctly .
you should study it out

Sins of Commission​

A sin of commission is defined as something we do that we’re not supposed to do. Sins of commission are overt, sinful acts. These sins constitute a violation of God’s moral law in the Ten Commandments (Exodus 20:3-17). For example, “You shall have no other gods before Me.” “You shall not murder. You shall not commit adultery. You shall not steal” (Exodus 20:3, 7, 13-15). Jesus said, “if you love Me, you will keep my commandments” (John 14:15).

Sins of Omission​

Conversely, a sin of omission is defined as something we don’t do that we’re supposed to do. It is rather easy to commit a sin of omission without others discovering it. Some people feel that they’re basically righteous simply because they abstain from obviously unrighteous acts such as murder, theft, lying and using vulgar language. But righteousness is equally demonstrated through active obedience to commandments that demand action.

• Love
Reactions: amigo de christo

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think he means the wrongs you do or the rights you don't do. Happy Christmas @amigo de christo
Overcome evil by DOING GOOD . Heed the SPIRIT and not the evil desires of the flesh .
Sin is sin and whether one does good , we must ask ourselves WHY they do the good they do
and why they justify the evil they do . For many do good FOR TO BE SEEN OF MEN and recieve the honor that comes of men
and all the while they still also hold to their own wickedness . Justifying themselves amongst themselves
and comparing their own righteousness and own standards of what is just , amongst men .
OH yes . Many think within themselves , my evils are not as great as say hilter
or perhaps this harlot down the road , I go to church they say , i give to the poor they say
surely my eyes shall behold The entrance into heaven . But alas they know not nor see not
that the path they be on is full of great darkness by the clouds of their own righteousness that covers their eyes indeed .
They holler GOD is love ,they embrace sins and other paths , they holler we do much good to the poor
the world has no need to believe JESUS is the CHRIST , all it has need is to follow our path of love
But they indeed know not that the end of that path is PERDITION .

Reactions: Marvelloustime